This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:I like the figures well enough, and Primal's robot mode is great, but is it just me or is the face on the ape mode just too off? Like he has a pout/defiant look that I don't remember him having in the entire run of the show?
It's trying to be more like a realistic gorilla face instead of based on the cartoon model.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
That Cheetor is an easy pass for me. I don't really like his beast head's moustache. That Primal and Rattrap though I need.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I had similar concerns about Primal, but it seems it's more realistic/accurate once I viewed real photos of gorillas. It's not exact, but it's not the King Kong style that the Beast Wars cartoon had.

Which it appears that his lower adbdomen hair is absent from his character model and subsequent toys, but I can't find a real world precedence for that yet, which I've never known until now.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:33 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I like the figures well enough, and Primal's robot mode is great, but is it just me or is the face on the ape mode just too off? Like he has a pout/defiant look that I don't remember him having in the entire run of the show?
It's trying to be more like a realistic gorilla face instead of based on the cartoon model.
But why? Isn't the toyline supposed to be accurate to the onscreen characters? (Even if apparently the character model isn't accurate.) Does the MP figure have the hairy torso?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
But why? Isn't the toyline supposed to be accurate to the onscreen characters? (Even if apparently the character model isn't accurate.) Does the MP figure have the hairy torso?

Kingdom's goal is realistic beast modes, accurate robot modes, unlike with the G1 guys where it's accuracy for both modes
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:05 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

See, even Takara Tomy can mistransform things every now and then (bot hands are exposed).

And am I the only one that finds this a little horrifying?

Something about a robot covered in bones feels a little gory, even knowing it's a robot in the shape of bones. I wonder how parents will feel about it?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:18 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Feels more like Hoist is trying to join/start a heavy metal band...Which I'm down for (hey hasbro how about another whack at the Knights of Unicron band include enough Fossilizers for the whole band to get dressed up!)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:23 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeroWolf wrote:Feels more like Hoist is trying to join/start a heavy metal band...Which I'm down for (hey hasbro how about another whack at the Knights of Unicron band include enough Fossilizers for the whole band to get dressed up!)

Hah! Hoist is the new lead of GWAR!

Would totally buy that.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:01 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Rattrap and Cheetor are a huge "meh" for me. The hollow parts that are in-your-face aint doing any favor. But that Optimus Primal, now what a beauty! I'll be sure to get him and Megs.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:32 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
But why? Isn't the toyline supposed to be accurate to the onscreen characters?

No, the goal seems to simply bring the beast characters back for a new generation.
And the MP did not have hair on its belly, since the goal of that line is screen accuracy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby just_aCloud » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:07 am

Motto: "This guy's got bearings of chrome steel."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Spider5800 wrote:Now I just need to see a new Dinobot to complete the original five...

LETS GOOOOOOOO

Seibertron wrote:Which it appears that his lower adbdomen hair is absent from his character model and subsequent toys, but I can't find a real world precedence for that yet, which I've never known until now.[/img]

Lol, see, you can learn things from playing with toys.
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from just_aCloud on eBay
Alt Mode: Anything four-legged
Speed: 5
Courage: 6

Postby just_aCloud » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Question for the forum: how would you compare contrast purchases / preorders / memberships between TFsource and BigBadToyStore? Prices look the same, I see this Pile of Loot feature on BBTS, I see "source points" on TFsource, but it's not obvious to me which might be "better" or which one I might prefer over the other. Does anyone on here have a preference for one over the other? (Am I asking this in the wrong thread btw?)
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby StaceyK93 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Poly Wraith wrote:Question for the forum: how would you compare contrast purchases / preorders / memberships between TFsource and BigBadToyStore? Prices look the same, I see this Pile of Loot feature on BBTS, I see "source points" on TFsource, but it's not obvious to me which might be "better" or which one I might prefer over the other. Does anyone on here have a preference for one over the other? (Am I asking this in the wrong thread btw?)

I use BBTS more because they have good costumer service and use tfsoure as back up if I can't get from BBTS
StaceyK93
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Poly Wraith wrote:Question for the forum: how would you compare contrast purchases / preorders / memberships between TFsource and BigBadToyStore? Prices look the same, I see this Pile of Loot feature on BBTS, I see "source points" on TFsource, but it's not obvious to me which might be "better" or which one I might prefer over the other. Does anyone on here have a preference for one over the other? (Am I asking this in the wrong thread btw?)
I use both and have had good experience with both. The Pile of Loot feature at BBTS is very helpful and TFSource has their own equivalent called the Stack that basically functions the same way. The one thing I prefer with TFSource over BBTS is that TFSource has free shipping on orders at $150 or higher, while BBTS has a $4 flat rate shipping option that still charges me extra on the order's tax since I live in a state that BBTS charges tax on orders. So with TFSource's order stacking, I can get free shipping if I bundle together enough purchases in my Stack to equal $150, whereas with BBTS they add the tax cost to the $4 shipping cost so that I always end up paying more than just the $4 shipping price.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:19 am

I just realized: None of the listings say that Black Arachnia comes with an alternate faceplate. Which means that it's designed for a different character, but who else could they get from that mold? It doesn't look anything like Tarantulas' headsculpt, so is it for a SELECTS figure?
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby just_aCloud » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 am

Sabrblade wrote:I use both and have had good experience with both. The Pile of Loot feature at BBTS is very helpful and TFSource has their own equivalent called the Stack that basically functions the same way. The one thing I prefer with TFSource over BBTS is that TFSource has free shipping on orders at $150 or higher, while BBTS has a $4 flat rate shipping option that still charges me extra on the order's tax since I live in a state that BBTS charges tax on orders. So with TFSource's order stacking, I can get free shipping if I bundle together enough purchases in my Stack to equal $150, whereas with BBTS they add the tax cost to the $4 shipping cost so that I always end up paying more than just the $4 shipping price.

Good info. Thank you.
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:32 am

Poly Wraith wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I use both and have had good experience with both. The Pile of Loot feature at BBTS is very helpful and TFSource has their own equivalent called the Stack that basically functions the same way. The one thing I prefer with TFSource over BBTS is that TFSource has free shipping on orders at $150 or higher, while BBTS has a $4 flat rate shipping option that still charges me extra on the order's tax since I live in a state that BBTS charges tax on orders. So with TFSource's order stacking, I can get free shipping if I bundle together enough purchases in my Stack to equal $150, whereas with BBTS they add the tax cost to the $4 shipping cost so that I always end up paying more than just the $4 shipping price.

Good info. Thank you.
Of course, the tax doesn't apply with every state. Users on here have mentioned that they aren't charged any tax and get to pay only the $4 shipping on any and all of their BBTS orders.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Really looking forward to the beasts, every photo makes me more and more excited for them to arrive
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby just_aCloud » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:19 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Really looking forward to the beasts, every photo makes me more and more excited for them to arrive

Same here, those photos got me to go ahead and pre-order Primal when I wasn't going to buy the toy at all at one point...hahaha. I'm excited to finally get Primal and Cheetor in the mail.
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby just_aCloud » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Question: people have been saying that the new Jazz figure will be a part of some kind of S86 or Studio 86 toyline (is that the name?). What is that, and also, is there any hope of a Jazz figure in that toyline having 5mm points on it, allowing for Weaponizers / Fossilizers / Battle Masters?
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Poly Wraith wrote:Question: people have been saying that the new Jazz figure will be a part of some kind of S86 or Studio 86 toyline (is that the name?). What is that, and also, is there any hope of a Jazz figure in that toyline having 5mm points on it, allowing for Weaponizers / Fossilizers / Battle Masters?

It's gonna be a new subline of Studio Series for the 1986 movie, and it's doubtful that he'll have any compatibility with the COMBAT system as a result. Though, he may still have the impact points if that's of importance to you
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Rtron » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
All we have about the Studio Series '86 line is leaks, no official word on it, but it seems like it will focus on '86 Movie & Season 3 characters (Except for Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus and Galvatron, who're going to be a part of Kingdom) There's reviews around of leaked Scourge, Hot Rod and Kup, and there's listings for a Leader class pack of Grimlock & Wheelie, and a Deluxe Jazz. The leaked figures look like they do have 5mm holes, and at least some of their accessories seem compatible with WFC blast effects.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby just_aCloud » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Poly Wraith wrote:Question: people have been saying that the new Jazz figure will be a part of some kind of S86 or Studio 86 toyline (is that the name?). What is that, and also, is there any hope of a Jazz figure in that toyline having 5mm points on it, allowing for Weaponizers / Fossilizers / Battle Masters?

It's gonna be a new subline of Studio Series for the 1986 movie, and it's doubtful that he'll have any compatibility with the COMBAT system as a result. Though, he may still have the impact points if that's of importance to you

Ok that's great info. My bro and I loved the 86 movie growing up in the 90s/2000s so that's really cool news. From what I understand, so far SS has been dedicated just to the live action films, right? I didn't see any info on this S86 line on tfwiki but maybe I didn't look hard enough. I'll dig around here on Seibertron.

I just like the C.O.M.B.A.T. system but haven't found the right deluxe figure for me yet. Jazz was my last hope until someone said he wouldn't be in WFC, so it crossed my mind to just see if maybe he'd still be compatible regardless.
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby Rtron » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
You won't find anything on the wiki yet because it's all leaks. Check my comment.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Poly Wraith wrote:[I didn't see any info on this S86 line on tfwiki but maybe I didn't look hard enough.
You are correct that there isn't info about it on TFWiki. That's because the line still hasn't been officially announced by Hasbro yet, and TFWiki can only post official info when it comes to new toys. The only reason we fans even know about this unannounced stuff is because of people leaking information out to us far ahead of when Hasbro is supposed to unveil it. Technically-speaking, we're not yet supposed to know anything about this upcoming stuff, but we do thanks to all the leaks.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210543 13A (CA) SidVenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RHINO Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 1996 220114A"
RHINO Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 1996 210923A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210500 7A (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON