This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Emerje » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:39 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Not gonna lie, those colors on Megatron are a turn-off for me. He looks good as a toy, but it's just too loud and I don't think it's even accurate.
They're the wrong colors.

Yeah, like I said in the article I doubt these colors will stick. Release should be more like the colors we've seen from Hasbro. Remember their photos of Earthrise Alicon? Same idea.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Not gonna lie, those colors on Megatron are a turn-off for me. He looks good as a toy, but it's just too loud and I don't think it's even accurate.
They're the wrong colors.

Yeah, like I said in the article I doubt these colors will stick. Release should be more like the colors we've seen from Hasbro. Remember their photos of Earthrise Alicon? Same idea.
Well regardless of what happens, the Kingdom versions of both Primal and Megatron will have to impress me in-hand for me to buy them. As far as representing BW goes, I'm very happy with my 10th anniversary 2-pack from 2006 even if they're outdated by now, and I'll be hard pressed to replace them with the Kingdom figures, scale or no scale.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Shockwave_640 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 am

It’s going to be extremely weird if Vertebreak is the only skeleton dino in the Core Class. Especially since he’s not an actual Fossilizer like Paleotrex, Ractonite or the upcoming Pterodactyl Deluxe Wingfinger (supposedly)
Shockwave_640
Mini-Con
Watch Shockwave_640 on YouTube
Buy from Shockwave_640 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Shockwave_640 wrote:It’s going to be extremely weird if Vertebreak is the only skeleton dino in the Core Class. Especially since he’s not an actual Fossilizer like Paleotrex, Ractonite or the upcoming Pterodactyl Deluxe Wingfinger (supposedly)

I feel like Vertebreak might contain some sort of secret, like an abandoned weapon mode or compatibility with a fossilizer. I find it very suspicious that he's the only Core figure so far with 5mm hands instead of 3mm like Rattrap and Prime. Must be a reason why they found that necessary.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:45 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
Shockwave_640 wrote:It’s going to be extremely weird if Vertebreak is the only skeleton dino in the Core Class. Especially since he’s not an actual Fossilizer like Paleotrex, Ractonite or the upcoming Pterodactyl Deluxe Wingfinger (supposedly)

I feel like Vertebreak might contain some sort of secret, like an abandoned weapon mode or compatibility with a fossilizer. I find it very suspicious that he's the only Core figure so far with 5mm hands instead of 3mm like Rattrap and Prime. Must be a reason why they found that necessary.

Emerje

Hopefully, I'll be able to look into it... sooner than later.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby just_aCloud » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:14 am

Motto: "This guy's got bearings of chrome steel."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
This guy already has a review up and there don't seem to be any fossilizer-esque secrets. Figure looks great though.

https://youtu.be/0hWY2aj_eUY

Also one of those leakers who may-or-may-not-actually-be-correct said wave 3 (I think) would have a character named "Dracodon". This is the same guy who said Arcee + Ractonite would be in Wave 2. Now, just because we have leaked images of them in their packages doesn't actually mean they are coming in wave 2, but if you take it to mean that, then this supposed leaker is on a roll so far.

Only thing is, as discussed on one forum or the other, Vertebreak's alt is a skeleton of a dinosaur called a "Dracorex" so it kind of takes away the credibility that "Dracodon" is actually a different character and not just like a codename for Vertebreak or something.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw those thoughts into the mix.
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from just_aCloud on eBay
Alt Mode: Anything four-legged
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Takara has Tweeted new pics of Megatron with the correct colors:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby just_aCloud » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:30 pm

Motto: "This guy's got bearings of chrome steel."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:Takara has Tweeted new pics of Megatron with the correct colors:

Phew!!

...THANK YOU.
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from just_aCloud on eBay
Alt Mode: Anything four-legged
Courage: 6

Video Review of Transformers Kingdom Wave 1 Core Class

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:04 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to the hard work of fellow Seibertron user, and toy reviewer, Chuckdawg1999, you can now feast your eyes on a video review of the first three releases in the new Core Class, hitting store shelves next year as part of the Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Kingdom line! The first wave includes, Rattrap, Optimus Prime and Vertebreak!

Here's Chucks take on the wave:
Chuckdawg1999 wrote:THY KINGDOM COME! Had to say that, the core class figures from wave 01 are really good, the ball joints may make transformation needlessly fiddly, and they could loosen over time, but they're still entertaining figures that can make great desk toys.

We have embedded the actual video review below for your convenience:

That's not all, fellow Seibertron user, Bone Age has shared a separate video review of Core Class Vertebreak that they found by YouTube toy reviewer, Tef Tef. Again we have embedded the review below for your convenience:

What do you think of these Core Class figures? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Takara Tomy Share New Pictures of Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, has informed us that Takara Tomy have taken to Twitter again to share some new photos of the forthcoming Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Kingdom Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron figure! Contrary to the images we last seen from Takara Tomy, these new ones show Megatron in the correct colours. While the first two photos just show Megatron on his own, the last two show a throw down between the two leaders of the Beast factions: Megatron vs Voyager Class Optimus Primal!

Check out the images below!

Both Leader Class Beast Wars Megatron and Voyager Class Optimus Primal are set to be released next year as part ofbthd first wave of Transformers Kingdom toys. Alongside Primal, we'll see a release of Cyclonus and alongside Megatron will be a re-release of Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime (now sporting Kingdom packaging).

What do you think of these new images? Did you breathe a sigh of relief that the colours before weren't correct? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby o.supreme » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:33 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
So... Vertebreak is not really a Fossilizer then. He cannot be taken apart, nor is he a weapon for other Transformers.... pre-order cancelled.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby transformers_va » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Wow!! Wtf!! I feared that Kingdom was going to bring down the quality that we saw in Siege (especially) and Earthrise, but these things are awful!! :SICK: Why did they have to ruin such a good line of toys?
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 pm

transformers_va wrote:Wow!! Wtf!! I feared that Kingdom was going to bring down the quality that we saw in Siege (especially) and Earthrise, but these things are awful!! :SICK: Why did they have to ruin such a good line of toys?

Each to their own, i think these are fantastic and I'm eagerly awaiting the coming Beast Wars
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
ZeroWolf wrote:
transformers_va wrote:Wow!! Wtf!! I feared that Kingdom was going to bring down the quality that we saw in Siege (especially) and Earthrise, but these things are awful!! :SICK: Why did they have to ruin such a good line of toys?

Each to their own, i think these are fantastic and I'm eagerly awaiting the coming Beast Wars

Yeah, same, even as someone who grew up on BW as a kid, I'm definitely most excited for the new fossilizer additions to the ranks, they all look sick; generations is finally starting to earn the 's' at the end of its name
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby blackeyedprime » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
core class has meant to be cheap and cheerful -except ewhen paying £13 for a $10 figure. Vertebreak seems cool (and reminds me of potp slash for some reason) but going with out a fossiliser gimmick for it seems odd.
Rattrap is okay but I'm still undecided if I'm going for MP's (mostly KOS) over Kingdom as Cheetors pretty bad and Im hoping eventually one of the fossilizers gives black arachnia her show style mouthy bits otherwise I might have to wait for a RED version of her as neither spider modes work for me at the mo.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Firepower: 2

Postby transformers_va » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:21 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:

Seriously?!?, you think that OP is "fantastic"? :shock: That looks cheap as ****!
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:30 pm

I am loving these! There is one thing that kinda bothers me about Megatron though: his shins. They're all bent and contorted looking due to being comprised of the t-rex ankles. A simple hinge at that joint would have done wonders to fix the look. As it stands now, he looks like he's in excruciating pain.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:32 pm

transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Seriously?!?, you think that OP is "fantastic"? :shock: That looks cheap as ****!
You were expecting Masterpiece quality from a pint-sized $10 Scout class figure?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby transformers_va » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

You were expecting Masterpiece quality from a pint-sized $10 Scout class figure?
Straight to MP? That's quite a leap :lol: lol
No, but given that we've had some neat little designs in the Micromaster class, I was hoping for something better in the Core class than that junk. In the review, OP's head cover couldn't even stay closed :shock:
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

No, but given that we've had some neat little designs in the Micromaster class, I was hoping for something better in the Core class than that junk. In the review, OP's head cover couldn't even stay closed :shock:

Sometimes it can, sometimes.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby transformers_va » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:25 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Sorry, but in 2020, I would hope HasTak could do better than "sometimes" :lol: lol
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm

transformers_va wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Sorry, but in 2020, I would hope HasTak could do better than "sometimes" :lol: lol
Shall we write off the entire line based off one bad apple?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

besides lots of early-run figures are plagued by qa issues, always have been, has everyone forgotten how rough some of the figures at the beginning of earthrise were >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby transformers_va » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:40 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

One bad apple? No. However an entire line (Kingdom) of junk kiddified toys.. perhaps?
Seriously, Siege was fantastic, Earthrise was good, but these Kingdom characters look awful in comparison
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby o.supreme » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Hellscream9999 wrote:besides lots of early-run figures are plagued by qa issues, always have been, has everyone forgotten how rough some of the figures at the beginning of earthrise were >:oP

I'm not saying Earthrise is Junk by any means, we've got a lot of great toys, but it's more than early run. More recent toys such as Arcee and Bluestreak still have QC issues.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON