This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:49 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seibertron wrote:Kudos to Hasbro and Takara Tomy for finally doing Huffer right. Can't wait to see the inevitable Pipes get the same proper treatment. Hope they can get the cab right for Pipes in robot mode.

Pretty sure one of the leakers said Huffer and Pipes were designed in tandem so that both could have their respective proper bot modes. Pipes also seems to come with two large arm canons that I assume act as extra exhaust pipes, I'm guessing he wont come with the shield then.

Rogue-Primal wrote:Based on the ammount of figures revealed does anyone think they will make a Kingdom Beast Wars Silverbolt in this line?

There's been some speculation that he might be Airrazor's retool for a potential Magnaboss down the road since she has those strange square holes on her back that don't seem to serve a purpose. She also has all those extra joints in her wings that don't have a purpose other than letting her fold her wings forward and she doesn't even use all of them for that.

Of course we also need an elephant lion mold to complete the set and that isn't happening in Kingdom. Maybe next Trilogy?

I do love that they gave her beak articulation!

As far as Ultra Magnus' exposed hands go it really annoys me that they couldn't have come up with something to cover them considering they removed the big black side guns from the Siege version. Stick a box over them or some side panels that can plug into the hands and double as shields in bot mode.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 am

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Emerje wrote:
As far as Ultra Magnus' exposed hands go it really annoys me that they couldn't have come up with something to cover them considering they removed the big black side guns from the Siege version. Stick a box over them or some side panels that can plug into the hands and double as shields in bot mode.

Emerje

I like where you're going with that! It would've been cool if he had pieces that would plug into his hands to later become the magnus hammer or something, and they could just be boxy looking to seem as if part of the truck
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Kudos to Hasbro and Takara Tomy for finally doing Huffer right. Can't wait to see the inevitable Pipes get the same proper treatment. Hope they can get the cab right for Pipes in robot mode.

Pretty sure one of the leakers said Huffer and Pipes were designed in tandem so that both could have their respective proper bot modes. Pipes also seems to come with two large arm canons that I assume act as extra exhaust pipes, I'm guessing he wont come with the shield then.

Rogue-Primal wrote:Based on the ammount of figures revealed does anyone think they will make a Kingdom Beast Wars Silverbolt in this line?

There's been some speculation that he might be Airrazor's retool for a potential Magnaboss down the road since she has those strange square holes on her back that don't seem to serve a purpose. She also has all those extra joints in her wings that don't have a purpose other than letting her fold her wings forward and she doesn't even use all of them for that.

Of course we also need an elephant lion mold to complete the set and that isn't happening in Kingdom. Maybe next Trilogy?

I do love that they gave her beak articulation!

Emerje

I could be wrong but I think that they meant Fuzor Silverbolt instead of the magnaboss combiner (which would be awesome)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby MadProject » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:43 am

Weapon: Sword
review for Verterbreak!

MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot N » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Not 100% Kingdom related, but one of the leakers said Hasbro has started preliminary work on a Voyager Lio Convoy for after WFC if Kingdom does well. As always, take with a grain of salt.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:47 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby sol magnus » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:51 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out

In those stories the Convoys are all sort of made up the same way as unit commanders rather than being a Prime in the sense that we think of it in G1.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
sol magnus wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I have mixed feeling on Lio Convoy (and also Big Convoy). I like the design ideas behind him, but I wish he wasn't so derivative of Optimus with both the red torso and Optimus Prime's head. Still, it'll be interesting to see what that design work is if he comes out

In those stories the Convoys are all sort of made up the same way as unit commanders rather than being a Prime in the sense that we think of it in G1.
Yeah, in Japanese Beast Wars, being a "Supreme Commander" is nothing special.

Now, being a "Great Convoy", in the other hand, that is special, as it's the position of those who sit on the Convoy Council.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:57 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Autobot N wrote:Not 100% Kingdom related, but one of the leakers said Hasbro has started preliminary work on a Voyager Lio Convoy for after WFC if Kingdom does well. As always, take with a grain of salt.

I would love a new voyager Lio and a leader Big Convoy. I love Big Convoy, like a lot
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:57 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
sol magnus wrote:

I know, I'm just meaning in terms of my preference. Cause it's always felt weird to me that the leaders had to look like Optimus despite being a different character. Granted, I could probably justify Lio Convoy as suffering from that psychological thing from IDW where the patient thinks they're a Prime
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:58 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

I know, I'm just meaning in terms of my preference. Cause it's always felt weird to me that the leaders had to look like Optimus despite being a different character. Granted, I could probably justify Lio Convoy as suffering from that psychological thing from IDW where the patient thinks they're a Prime
It's all about that iconography. Gotta make all of the new Convoys look like the original Convoy. ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Not 100% Kingdom related, but one of the leakers said Hasbro has started preliminary work on a Voyager Lio Convoy for after WFC if Kingdom does well. As always, take with a grain of salt.

I would love a new voyager Lio and a leader Big Convoy. I love Big Convoy, like a lot

Seconded!!!
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby Autobot N » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:08 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

In my headcanon, he'd be a Prime from the ancient past who is Optimus' "ancestor" (thinking in terms of the new IDW's mentor-mentee relationship, you'd be able to trace a line of mentors and mentees from Optimus all the way back to Lio Convoy).
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:11 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I really like my TL Lio Convoy though I never bothered with TR Alpha Trion, doubftul that I'd bother with a new lio.

Might be interesting if lio and big convoy sculpts could some how be used for magnaboss tho.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:22 am

I have the Legend Commander Collection version that uses the RobotMasters Lio Convoy mold, and it works well for me even if it is a small Deluxe.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby just_aCloud » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 am

Motto: "This guy's got bearings of chrome steel."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
blackeyedprime wrote:Might be interesting if lio and big convoy sculpts could some how be used for magnaboss tho.
Makes a lot of sense.
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from just_aCloud on eBay
Alt Mode: Anything four-legged
Courage: 6

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:10 am

Bone Age wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Might be interesting if lio and big convoy sculpts could some how be used for magnaboss tho.
Makes a lot of sense.

Agreed! Come to think of it, it makes more sense that magnaboss would be composed of convoys considering tripredacus is composed of predacon council members. And if im not mistaken the maximal council was most if not all convoys lol
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:12 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:I have the Legend Commander Collection version that uses the RobotMasters Lio Convoy mold, and it works well for me even if it is a small Deluxe.

Lio wise, I have the club repaint of T30 Orion Pax, the Prime version, and the original, who is soon to be at long last complete.

Big Convoy wise I have both of the recent figures, the toon accurate one (one of my all time favorite figures) and the Matrix Buster one, who is in beast mode and the matrix buster is with the toon one
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:13 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hmm could be a case of completing Magnaboss over a couple of years then, big question is really how they could manage it for Tripedacus
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Rtron » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:16 am

Motto: "Stop, please."
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Bone Age wrote:
Makes a lot of sense.

Agreed! Come to think of it, it makes more sense that magnaboss would be composed of convoys considering tripredacus is composed of predacon council members. And if im not mistaken the maximal council was most if not all convoys lol

It kinda would, although I personally like more the idea that he's just made up of G1 Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt, but in post-upgrade bodies. I find the Optimus Prime derivation a bit boring, despite liking Lio Convoy and Big Convoy as toys.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby just_aCloud » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 am

Rtron wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Bone Age wrote:
Makes a lot of sense.

It kinda would, although I personally like more the idea that he's just made up of G1 Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt, but in post-upgrade bodies. I find the Optimus Prime derivation a bit boring, despite liking Lio Convoy and Big Convoy as toys.

What makes the most sense to me is that Ironhide could be a retool of Big and Prowl could be a retool of Lio. With Silverbolt as an Airazor retool, you got the whole team.
"Though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—[and] a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
just_aCloud
Minibot

Postby TulioDude » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I know the dinossurs mode aren't the same but with Ractonite,we can pretend he is a zombie version of Guiledart
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Wonder if the Kingdom cartoon will use Ultra Magnus?

Optimus:I thought Megatron had killed you!

Ultra Magnus:Yeah,but I got better.

Day 336 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

Just wrong man, just wrong. We should've seen more of that Armada Prime by now, heard it had to be pulled.

Yeah, whatever happened to that Armada Prime Takara teased with the Star Convoy retool or PotP Prime?

Long story short, the cab robot that we saw would cost at least $80 alone and Has/Taks felt collectors wouldn't pay that much.
Translation: they don't think there's a Unicron Trilogy collector's market. :-x :evil:
After all, we've seen what they're willing to do with G1 and BW-based MPs... Especially G1-based MPs that jump through 5-million hoops to duplicate things that, on the cartoon design, were simplifications from the toy. :roll: :BANG_HEAD:

I'm sure that HasTak will realize the untapped potential of revisiting the Unicron Trilogy.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am

Rtron wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Bone Age wrote:
Makes a lot of sense.

I see where you're coming from. It'd be fun to have lio Convoy, big Convoy, AND the original magnaboss characters. Especially because you can have BW ironhide, prowl, silverbolt, and hopefully grimlock along with the G1 versions of the characters
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:26 am

In the pack-in manga that came with the Legends Blue Big Convoy, it was explained that the reason for all of these Convoys existing is that they were created in memory of Optimus Primal's sacrifice at the end of Beast Machines. He himself already had an Optimus/Convoy-styled head (in his BW Season 1 body, that is), so each of the new Convoys got one as well in his honor.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby just_aCloud » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:34 am

Razorbeast88 wrote:It'd be fun to have lio Convoy, big Convoy, AND the original magnaboss characters. Especially because you can have BW ironhide, prowl, silverbolt, and hopefully grimlock along with the G1 versions of the characters
Yes please. Grimlock too.

Sabrblade wrote:In the pack-in manga that came with the Legends Blue Big Convoy, it was explained that the reason for all of these Convoys existing is that they were created in memory of Optimus Primal's sacrifice at the end of Beast Machines. He himself already had an Optimus/Convoy-styled head (in his BW Season 1 body, that is), so each of the new Convoys got one as well in his honor.
See I didn't know that. That's cool.
just_aCloud
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr N LTD Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230256 5N (CA) Crain"
NEW!
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231457 11B (CA) Vilchez (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Motion Picture ECHOES #4 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics MAY231405 4C Hochreigl"
Star Trek Motion P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #4 Cvr A IDW Comics APR231584 4A (CA) Hernandez"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230247 5E (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #21 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN221011 (CA) Ienco"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230509 6Q (CA) Conner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230283 3F (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #3 var Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220982 (W)Scott (CA) Laming"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK ONGOING #14 IDW Comics 2012 (CA) Bradstreet (W) Johnson 231208D"
STAR TREK ONGOING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES #9 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210572 (CA) Tolibao"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230482 1J (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231213 12A (CA) Ward (W) Kelly (A)Lanzing"
STAR TREK #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Motion Picture ECHOES #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231399 3A (CA)Bartok"
Star Trek Motion P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON