This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sun May 16, 2021 8:54 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I think the issues with the head are eye size, eyebrow size, and the lips. It almost feels like a younger Rhinox face to me. I do like how he looks aside from that however. Hopefully a 3P company like DNA Designs is keeping tabs on Kingdom and is planning an upgrade kit for everyone to give Cheetor his guns, Rhinox better guns and a new head, and maybe give Dinobot some more weapons and better raptor hands
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
So that Rhinox is the exact same thing as the previous Generations T30? :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:So that Rhinox is the exact same thing as the previous Generations T30? :-?
Inasmuch as MP-44 is the exact same thing as MP-10.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I think the issues with the head are eye size, eyebrow size, and the lips. It almost feels like a younger Rhinox face to me. I do like how he looks aside from that however.

Yeah, which I guess matches the comic more than most. He looks like a lanky basketballer player with loosely hanging rhino parts on, there's so much visible green in bot mode compared to other takes on him.

People complain about SS86 Slag's fake jaw chest, but at least his real one hides away. Not at all happy about Rhinox having two jaws and not a bunch of teeth behind his head.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby blackeyedprime » Sun May 16, 2021 11:34 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'd rather have generations version so far, hard to support beast wars characters when they keep making them with things that look off.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon May 17, 2021 3:47 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:So that Rhinox is the exact same thing as the previous Generations T30? :-?
Inasmuch as MP-44 is the exact same thing as MP-10.

Oh.
Because the news was implying heavily that it was just a reissue.
Looking forward in hand comparisons.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox

Postby Munkky » Mon May 17, 2021 5:04 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Absolute Zero wrote:Hey Seibertronians! What's up! Today we got some new shots of the upcoming KD-13 Rhinox from the WFC:Kingdom line courtesy of Dengeki Hobby! If you missed out or passed on the previous release in the Generations line, you'll soon get a second chance coming up! We've got a couple of shots of both his robot and rhino modes!

He looks like a nice update and honestly like a better version than the previous generations release from a few years ago, so this October you can pick up a replacement or get him for the first time if you missed out before!

It looks pretty good, not as good as the Thrilling 30 version, but that was always going to be a tough act to follow. The faux chest is a bit off-putting, especially as the rhino's jaw is still visible behind the robot's head, but if it's what they needed to do for a more cartoon accurate chest I can't fault them for it. I have Rhinox on pre-order from Kapow Toys, but I may cancel because since then I've found other sites who are getting their pre-orders in a couple of months earlier.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Nuclearxpotato » Mon May 17, 2021 6:25 am

Motto: "Accessories Sold Separately!"
Evil Eye wrote:If Dracodon had been done more like Skelevore and Tricranium with black and translucent parts, I'd be down for it- toxic sludge dino? Count me in! As it stands, eh. Looks a bit monochromatic and I'm fine with my Vertebreak.

Vertebreak's far too thin and small to be made out of translucent plastic sadly. She'd shatter from a three-foot drop. I think the mold is only cast in two plastics (main bits and rubbery bits) so there's no way around that.
My (semi)obscure wantlist:
CHUG PCC Smolder - CHUG Clench - SS 07 Payload
Till All Are One
Nuclearxpotato
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Alt Mode: Garbage Truck

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 am

Man hasbro nailed this one... mostly. the one thing that bugging me is his head. Much like the thrilling 30 rhinox, the head sculpt is fantastic, but not quite right, not quite the cartoon model rhinox. still, this is going to be a mush have for me.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby That_Guy » Mon May 17, 2021 7:46 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
I have no issue with his head. Chain-guns of doom seem too flat to me, that's my main grip. He still looks like a worthy purchase though. I didnt get the previous one and have been kicking myself in the butt or it.
That_Guy
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Spider5800 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 am

Meh. Already have the T30 version, so this is a non-need for me, but this one seems off. Faux parts, tiny weapons, and those earmuffs on the headsculpt...he just looks off, especially compared to the other BW characters they've done in Kingdom. Like all the other designers were looking at old stills of the show, and whoever designed this was looking at the new comic instead.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Overcracker » Mon May 17, 2021 10:04 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Rhinox looks excellent.

The faux rhino mouth is forgivable, since there's no way to make the actual rhino lower jaw look like it does in the show otherwise.

The Chain guns of doom are too small. They need to be a bit bigger. I'm sure some 3rd party company is going to make some replacements at some point though.

He's definitely staying pre-ordered, more so, since I never picked up the T30 version.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Spider5800 wrote:Meh. Already have the T30 version, so this is a non-need for me, but this one seems off. Faux parts, tiny weapons, and those earmuffs on the headsculpt...he just looks off, especially compared to the other BW characters they've done in Kingdom. Like all the other designers were looking at old stills of the show, and whoever designed this was looking at the new comic instead.

It's actually the other way round, the artist probably based Rhinox off this toy, as that would have been designed first before pencil was put to paper.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Nuclearxpotato » Mon May 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Motto: "Accessories Sold Separately!"
Overcracker wrote:
The faux rhino mouth is forgivable, since there's no way to make the actual rhino lower jaw look like it does in the show otherwise.

I think there's ways of making the rhino jaw become the chest jaw. Maybe by having the jaw french-door itself outwards to expand and flatten it could be both.

With creative engineering it's almost always possible to compress or extend alt parts to their robot equivalent.
My (semi)obscure wantlist:
CHUG PCC Smolder - CHUG Clench - SS 07 Payload
Till All Are One
Nuclearxpotato
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Garbage Truck

Postby Rtron » Mon May 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
Nuclearxpotato wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

I think there's ways of making the rhino jaw become the chest jaw. Maybe by having the jaw french-door itself outwards to expand and flatten it could be both.

With creative engineering it's almost always possible to compress or extend alt parts to their robot equivalent.

Perhaps, but at the cost of going overbudget or making excessively complex transformations that result in fragile figures, like in the Masterpiece line. At this price point, solutions like this one or the one they used for Dinobot's chest are the only way to get the proportions right.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby o.supreme » Mon May 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
In the downtime between waves, I've seen a bit of resurgence of Kingdom Voyager wave 1, even after a single initial sighting of Dinobot from wave 2 (I've yet to see Inferno). But for any who missed Primal/Cyclonus, you may still have a small chance at retail in some areas.

While this line seems to really be selling well (no doubt also because quality is so limited). I wonder if it was wise to have the BW characters 2:1 against original series characters. I mean, I'm not saying BW isn't popular, I mean everywhere I go, I see very little Kingdom, and when I do, it sells quickly however... I've only ever seen a single Cyclonus ONCE at a Target store, and that was quite a while ago, and I've never seen Inferno. although to be fair, my single Dinobot sighting was odd. They must have just came in because the store nearest me had 6 Dinobots (no Inferno's), a week later, they were down to 1 Dinobot, then none. So yeah they sell, but the fact that a tertiary character like Inferno from the original series is more highly sought after than arguably one of, if not THE most popular characters from BW says a lot. I don't blame hasbro in this case, I probably would have done the same thing. Especially after ER Grapple shelf-warmed a bit. But again, reducing the amount of toys you make significantly contributes to the demand I guess.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon May 17, 2021 4:39 pm

Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
o.supreme wrote:In the downtime between waves, I've seen a bit of resurgence of Kingdom Voyager wave 1, even after a single initial sighting of Dinobot from wave 2 (I've yet to see Inferno). But for any who missed Primal/Cyclonus, you may still have a small chance at retail in some areas.

While this line seems to really be selling well (no doubt also because quality is so limited). I wonder if it was wise to have the BW characters 2:1 against original series characters. I mean, I'm not saying BW isn't popular, I mean everywhere I go, I see very little Kingdom, and when I do, it sells quickly however... I've only ever seen a single Cyclonus ONCE at a Target store, and that was quite a while ago, and I've never seen Inferno. although to be fair, my single Dinobot sighting was odd. They must have just came in because the store nearest me had 6 Dinobots (no Inferno's), a week later, they were down to 1 Dinobot, then none. So yeah they sell, but the fact that a tertiary character like Inferno from the original series is more highly sought after than arguably one of, if not THE most popular characters from BW says a lot. I don't blame hasbro in this case, I probably would have done the same thing. Especially after ER Grapple shelf-warmed a bit. But again, reducing the amount of toys you make significantly contributes to the demand I guess.

Kingdom figures have been few and far between out here, some of it I think is the problems with shipping (not enough truck drivers) and some of it is people buying to resell for a higher price. That said, I've actually seen _two_ Cyclonus's but no Dinobots.

For people looking for comparison shots between T30 and Kingdom:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.

T30 I was super exited for, but found it kind of weak. The head doesn't stay together in Rhino form, the guns don't store right, and his arms don't lock into his forelegs properly. It could be I got a crappy one and others have better mileage from theirs though. If I can find the Kingdom Rhinox, I'd definitely unload my T30 one.
Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander
Location: On the corner earning money for a crippling plastic addiction
Alt Mode: Meloncholy Savior of Fascist Autobots
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: 5

Postby Overcracker » Mon May 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Nuclearxpotato wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

You’re basically wanting the lower jaw to quadruple in size to make it cover his entire chest. That would have resulted in an impossibly thick bottom jaw in Rhino mode.

Its not physically possible to make it expand to that degree without having it be just super thick in rhino mode with a bunch of hinges and panels.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Absolute Zero wrote:For people looking for comparison shots between T30 and Kingdom:

Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon May 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:For people looking for comparison shots between T30 and Kingdom:

I noticed, but if you click open in a new tab/window it'll still work.
Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Only after first bypassing a "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this webpage" message.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon May 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Only after first bypassing a "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this webpage" message.

Really? I didn't have that problem.
Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Really? I didn't have that problem.
Because the image was already in your cache the moment it first showed up on your end.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I preordered the Battle through time set, I am excited for that Grimlock.

I got me a bird. She's pretty nice.

Also, I put my 2 Dinobots side by side

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 17, 2021 7:34 pm

I just thought of another reason to get Kingdom Grimlock: To swap swords between him and Dinobot so that Dinobot can have a sword colored closer to his onscreen silver one.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class 2013 NEW"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal BUMBLEBEE Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 221009A"
Happy Meal BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "1 Step Changer BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
1 Step Changer BUM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mega Axe Attack OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Warrior 2021"
Mega Axe Attack OP ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON