This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Masterpiece MP-52 Starscream Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece v3 Starscream Coming?!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:In comparison I'm thinking that for jet mode, the only real difference is that 3.0's bot arms fold behind his back? Otherwise there isn't too much difference. Beyond cosmetic changes ala the shins.

The difference is huge. Transformation will not work the same at all. Plus Newscream have a robot body pretty obvious under the jet while Oldscream is way more sleek everywhere. Turned the pic B&W to better compare:

It's more than just "cosmetics".
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:50 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
As I've never had that figure, from the picture, the only real change I see is that the older one had the arms fold out in front of the bot mode chest. The new one tucks them in behind it.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:54 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
As Seibertron's resident jet nerd I can confirm MP-03 is frighteningly accurate to a real F-15. Now to be fair the jet mode on this new one isn't bad at all, even from underneath. The problem, ironically enough, is that the robot mode is so fixated on making the jet parts disappear that he ends up with a mahoosive backpack, a no-doubt insufferable transformation, most of the jet parts on the robot mode being fake (the jet cockpit is actually visible behind the fake one on his chest!), no waist swivel and no doubt a ludicrous pricepoint. All to achieve something that didn't need to happen in the first place. Like, Starscream is supposed to be a robot made of jet, not a jet with a completely different looking robot hidden inside like a genie in a lamp. Would it hurt that much to have jet surface detail visible in robot mode if it meant a better transformation, no fake parts and a less awful backpack?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 am

It's that simple."
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:As I've never had that figure, from the picture, the only real change I see is that the older one had the arms fold out in front of the bot mode chest. The new one tucks them in behind it.

You don't notice the obvious legs being right there, the waist being right there, and the chest being right there on the new one?

The old is jet perfection and you have to really look hard to see robot parts.

Transformers Masterpiece Starscream (MP-03) Gallery

A bit baffling that the new Screamers, having so much of it's robot mode visible in het mode, still rely on "faux parts" for his bot mode. :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:11 am

Always Guilty..."
From the side view, it does looks different. But underneath, you can see the legs are in the exact same space, they're just a different design.

-Kanrabat- wrote:A bit baffling that the new Screamers, having so much of it's robot mode visible in het mode, still rely on "faux parts" for his bot mode. :-?

I think in light of modern figures, such as BB 2.0 and Blackarachnia. When it comes to MP, Takara have given up even trying to adhere to "Robots in disguise".
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:15 am

It's that simple."
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:From the side view, it does looks different. But underneath, you can see the legs are in the exact same space, they're just a different design.

A design that make the legs look like a pretty seamless fuselage rather than just obvious legs being there. From your logic, a cardboard box and a Ming vase are the same thing, just a different design, because they "occupy the same space". :roll:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Their goal now is animation perfection, screw any other concern or better concepts (like what would Starscream looked like if this was his alt mode? What if the jet was a more modern fighter?). Its frustrating but its just how it is till we get a new designer
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 am

Always Guilty..."
-Kanrabat- wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:From the side view, it does looks different. But underneath, you can see the legs are in the exact same space, they're just a different design.

A design that make the legs look like a pretty seamless fuselage rather than just obvious legs being there. From your logic, a cardboard box and a Ming vase are the same thing, just a different design, because they "occupy the same space". :roll:

Well no, that's just asinine. The shins are visible in both. In the exact some place. That obvious fact is what I'm saying.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Syclone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:26 am

I think, simply because they can, he'll land in the $200-225 price range. He looks kinda short but probably not Hound/Arcee short. Maybe more Grapple size but I doubt he gets as low as $150-18o. Thundercracker and Skywarp will keep that price too, but I bet the inevitable deep-cut repaints hit that lower price. Not that I ever buy those anyway.

It's never bothered me TOO much to have faux vehicle parts in robot mode, at least on the cars because they can look so proportionally different. But having a fake cockpit is just rubbing me the wrong way for some reason. Buuuut I've wanted a redo of Starscream since the first go around (even though I really have grown fond of my greenscream) so I'm pretty on board no matter what.
Syclone
Micromaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:31 am

Always Guilty..."
I like that it took them two tries to perfect Megatron, within ten years. Everyone else (aside from Prime) had to make do with their first one, until Anime+.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:57 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Tgis thing is gonna be between 300 and 400 bucks. Have we had a leader sized MP cheaper than that in the past 3 years?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:00 am

Always Guilty..."
william-james88 wrote:This thing is gonna be between 300 and 400 bucks. Have we had a leader sized MP cheaper than that in the past 3 years?

18 named Seekers at time of writing. That's the big difference between Starscream and virtually everyone else, Leader or otherwise. That, I think will affect the price.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:09 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:This thing is gonna be between 300 and 400 bucks. Have we had a leader sized MP cheaper than that in the past 3 years?

18 named Seekers at time of writing. That's the big difference between Starscream and virtually everyone else, Leader or otherwise. That, I think will affect the price.

It didn't last time with Statscream being as expensive as other similarly sized bots, like Soundwave and MP-10 B (who was a bit cheaper too). Even when that mold was milked to death it was still $200 per conehead. I have no clue why Takara would suddenly feel more generous now when they've never shown restraint on prices. What we are looking at in those pics is a $300+ figure. The real question is, are you all willing to pay that 6 times to have some new cartoon Seekers.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:22 am

Always Guilty..."
I have a friend who would. Only because Starscream is his favourite and he already has every other SS figure there is.

Personally, Galvatron is the only G1 MP I want or would consider, regardless of price.

EDIT: Correction - There are 19 Named Seekers. There's an Autobot too (Itami Prime).
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:32 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looks like the jet's underside is show-accurate too:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like the jet's underside is show-accurate too:

Exactly why it dosent really bother me. By purely geeky-engeneering I find it bad, but it is exactly supposed to be this way. So in the end, it's fine.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

Always Guilty..."
The feet have always looked strange to me. I think seeing the cartoon first didn't help. Everyone seemed to have the same flat "boot" feet. But the Seeker figures have always had to incorporate the jets, stabilisers etc Ending up with heels instead.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:10 am

To me he looks good in both modes. But I hope so will the QC.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:17 am

It's that simple."
Cyberpath wrote:To me he looks good in both modes. But I hope so will the QC.

Me too. MP-11 betrayed me.

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The feet have always looked strange to me. I think seeing the cartoon first didn't help. Everyone seemed to have the same flat "boot" feet. But the Seeker figures have always had to incorporate the jets, stabilisers etc Ending up with heels instead.

I'll be leaving this here. :WHISTLE:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Paint by @chchchch_1 --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby TulioDude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I wonder how complex the transformation will be.I don't think it was necessary to have two cockpits.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
I'll be leaving this here. :WHISTLE:

That Fanart is nice,but in the actual G1 cartoon and comics I don't think Starscream was that slender.I'm sure there is some IDW issues he appears like that,but those came after.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:23 pm

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

It didn't last time with Statscream being as expensive as other similarly sized bots, like Soundwave and MP-10 B (who was a bit cheaper too). Even when that mold was milked to death it was still $200 per conehead. I have no clue why Takara would suddenly feel more generous now when they've never shown restraint on prices. What we are looking at in those pics is a $300+ figure. The real question is, are you all willing to pay that 6 times to have some new cartoon Seekers.

I have to agree with Will here. I honestly forgot how much Tigertron was until he shipped... between him and Dinobot… (and MP-44) we've entered a new age of prices. I can't see the new Seeker mold being under $300.

For me... As much as it'll pain me to not get the inevitable Thundercracer (I missed out on the Hasbro Asia light blue release of the MP-11 mold). Short of them doing someone like Slipstream... I can't bring myself to invest in another three to six figures at that price point. I felt bad enough paying $200 for the cone heads who all tanked in price within 6 months (mostly due to engineering issues).
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:29 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
william-james88 wrote:The real question is, are you all willing to pay that 6 times to have some new cartoon Seekers.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t plan to get any seekers beyond Starscream and possibly Thrust. But I’m in the camp that absolutely adores the cartoon aesthetic, so I might very well be tempted. Then again, I still have yet to pull the trigger on the +versions of Bluestreak and Smokescreen because I really don’t like to double-dip on molds.

So I guess the short answer is...maybe. I hope not, but maybe.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
william-james88 wrote:The real question is, are you all willing to pay that 6 times to have some new cartoon Seekers.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t plan to get any seekers beyond Starscream and possibly Thrust. But I’m in the camp that absolutely adores the cartoon aesthetic, so I might very well be tempted. Then again, I still have yet to pull the trigger on the +versions of Bluestreak and Smokescreen because I really don’t like to double-dip on molds.

So I guess the short answer is...maybe. I hope not, but maybe.

not to derail too much... but since you brought up the MP+ I've been on the fence ever since they did Prowl and Sideswipe. My main issue (besides the double and in some cases triple dip- Tigertrack, *blue* Streak, and G2 Sideswipe) is that I feel a lot of the vehicle mode paint apps suffered for the better bot paint layout. Though I do love all those blue tinted windows... those almost got me to pull the trigger.

Then when MP+ Streak and Smokescreen did the more accurate heads and effect parts... I was like... "Well this is different at least"... but I just don't think I can justify it. Wheeljack was another close call because of the fact that again, bot mode looked so much more iconic with the MP+ but the car graphics were so much better with the regular release.

What would be an interesting flip would be if they do a special release of this new mold in the GreenScream or realistic military/low-visibility colors.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Emerje » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Percepter wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Percepter wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:has new images of Masterpiece Starscream ver 3.0 prototype

FTFY

-Percepter

Takara themselves are calling it version 2 as both mp 3 and 11 are based off the same prototype.

Wait, MP-11 didn't have its own prototype? MP-3 and MP-11 are pretty different from each other...

-Percepter

New parts are in gray:

reduced-galery_image_3107_6943_1319129919.jpg

reduced-galery_image_3107_6944_1319129919.jpg

reduced-image_3107_106_1319129919.jpg
reduced-image_3107_106_1319129919.jpg (15.67 KiB) Viewed 10157 times

william-james88 wrote:Tgis thing is gonna be between 300 and 400 bucks. Have we had a leader sized MP cheaper than that in the past 3 years?

MP-49 Black Convoy was 28,000JPY/$265 and could be had for under $200 after discounts (currently $150 plus shipping on Amazon Japan). Sure, they had to remove a bunch of stuff from MP-44, but none of that effected his ridiculously complex transformation. I think we should see Starscream at a comparable price, he'll be complex but he doesn't appear to have a lot of small parts. Only think I can see driving his price over $300 (before discounts) is whatever crazy extras they decide to include.
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 FEB230320 5A (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220620 3B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr ZC 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228479 3ZC (CA) Haeser"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220551 1J (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics SEP230265 12I (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230420 (CA) Gonzales"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #18 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210507 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #18 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231427 Tango"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr E 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 3E GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics JUL230287 3J (CA) Moss 231222R"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics FEB231509 8D 8RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr H 1:100 Boom Studios Comics JUN230416 111H"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230474 1B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230079 114A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON