Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby MadProject » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Weapon: Sword
People were worried about the white head of the promo shots we say a month ago.
As I suspected, it was a prototype for promo shots, like Optimus with gray hands in ER.
User avatar
MadProject
Fuzor
Posts: 215
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Italy
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Video review for Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian PrimeVsPrime has uploaded a video review for Transformers Studio Series Blitzwing. And great news, the head isn't white like in those product photos.

Board member MadProject summs up my thoughts well:

MadProject wrote:People were worried about the white head of the promo shots we say a month ago.
As I suspected, it was a prototype for promo shots, like Optimus with gray hands in ER.


This is the next voyager toy to be released in the Studio Series line and it should be out at retail anytime between now and 2 months from now, depending on the retailer.

PrimeVsPrime wrote:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26808
News Credits: 2886
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby Barricade.it » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:28 pm

I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.
Barricade.it
Micromaster
Posts: 60
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 10:46 am

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby MadProject » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Weapon: Sword
Barricade.it wrote:I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.


we don't know if there were licensing issues in not using the correct altmode.
Also, there's the chance they were preparing the toy with initial concepts and/or altmodes.
Didn't it happen something similar with SS Optimus?
User avatar
MadProject
Fuzor
Posts: 215
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Italy
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
MadProject wrote:
Barricade.it wrote:I think this figure has a problem a lot more serious then the head, even more serious if We consider that We're talking about a Studio Series: the Alt mode isn't correct.

In the movie, Blitzwing is an F4 Phantom while tha alt mode of this figure is a fighter non existing neither in the movie nor in the reality.


we don't know if there were licensing issues in not using the correct altmode.
Also, there's the chance they were preparing the toy with initial concepts and/or altmodes.
Didn't it happen something similar with SS Optimus?

It also happened with VW Bee having the door wings which were ultimately clipped for the movie. I think the alt mode does a good enough job all things considering.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 11302
News Credits: 677
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby bacem » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Kinda bummed he is not a F4, but it's probably due to licensing, so eh. Overall, i like what i see here. I think the jet mode looks decent, and the robot mode looks great. Glad the paintapps is complete here. The articulation looks superb too, and most importantly, the transformation looks fun. That being said, i do concerned with the backpack and upper chest constantly popping out during the review. Hopefully this is just because that is a prototype, and not a universal qc problem that persist with all copies.
bacem
Vehicon
Posts: 349
News Credits: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 am
Watch bacem on YouTube

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby morganprime » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:47 am

Pretty lazy jet mode the arms don't even change on the under carriage especially for $30. Was looking forward to this guy but Im glad I caught this review hard pass on this SS fig
morganprime
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby TulioDude » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Godmaster
Posts: 1921
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
TulioDude wrote:He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

I doubt it somewhat as Cliffjumper was only seen in his cybertronian form, I can't remember Blitzwing being seen like that.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 11302
News Credits: 677
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby TulioDude » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:
TulioDude wrote:He looks pretty good!
Does anyone else hope that Hastak make a Cybertronian mode remold of Blitzwing,like they did with Cliffjumper?

Day 191 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.

I doubt it somewhat as Cliffjumper was only seen in his cybertronian form, I can't remember Blitzwing being seen like that.


Since Blitzwing shares his body type with the other seekers,it wouldn't much of stretch to have this remolded with the Cybertronian mode in mind.
I'm talking seekers in general,it doesn't have to represent Blitzwing himself.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Godmaster
Posts: 1921
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:16 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hnmm it's possible then but probably only to add filler to the line. Afterall Cliffjumper at least had a bit more screen time :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 11302
News Credits: 677
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-65 Voyager Class Blitzwing Review

Postby Pepsimus Prime » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 am

Motto: "Clarity of though before rashness of action."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I'm so happy to see that this figure is coming out soon. Blitzwing really did get the shaft when it came to merchandise when it came to the bumblebee movie
Herald of Unicron
User avatar
Pepsimus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 am
Watch Pepsimus Prime on YouTube
Alt Mode: McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Rank: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #259:
"Podcast Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri 02 - Transformers Tarn Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Ramhorn Eject Rewind Sunder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Lancer" on EBAY
Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: War For Cybetron Earthrise Rung MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: War For Cybetron Earthrise Rung" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: War For Cybetron Earthrise Rung NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternators Rodimus 2007 SDCC exclusive MISB" on EBAY