Top Gun x Transformers Crossover Maverick Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Top Gun x Transformers Crossover Maverick Revealed

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:18 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
The altmode is kinda movie 1 Starscream all over again. Realistic, but bland and uniform in being so.

Dunno if anyone else has had this brainwave, but it occurred to me today that these crossover toys are a licensing double-whammy: There's the movie license, and the vehicle mode license!
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:41 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Dunno if anyone else has had this brainwave, but it occurred to me today that these crossover toys are a licensing double-whammy: There's the movie license, and the vehicle mode license!
Not necessarily for Gigawatt. His vehicle mode is missing the DMC logo on its front grille, which it would need to have if the toy were licensed by the DeLorean Motor Company.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 349
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Dunno if anyone else has had this brainwave, but it occurred to me today that these crossover toys are a licensing double-whammy: There's the movie license, and the vehicle mode license!
Not necessarily for Gigawatt. His vehicle mode is missing the DMC logo on its front grille, which it would need to have if the toy were licensed by the DeLorean Motor Company.
That probably explains why he's only $10 extra instead of $20 extra.
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:41 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The altmode is kinda movie 1 Starscream all over again. Realistic, but bland and uniform in being so.

In other words, camouflaged against the bright sky. Plainly visible markings and bright colors are used more in air shows I believe, like with the Blue Angels.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
- a way to convert PAL-60Hz to HDMI, and record it (thank you Kaico and E.O.N.)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:01 pm

I don't mind the colorscheme ... or lack thereof. It's just the plastic choice. And the shoulders being too low. And the weathering paint only being on top and not all over.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

New Video Reviews of Transformers x Top Gun Maverick

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Well hot on the heels of the Back to the Future x Transformers crossover figure Gigawatt, came the Top Gun x Transformers crossover figure, Maverick! There has been a lot of discussion over the third collaboration figure, due to its deco and the plastic quality seen in a few of the pictures. Well thanks to some intrepid YouTube toy reviewers, we can now see the toy in motion and get their in hand opinions of the toy.

First up, we head to the YouTube account of The Mr Stan Show, who has done this review of the figure:

Next, and thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Tuned Agent, for sending this in to us,we come to PrimeVsPrime, a regular for providing timely reviews.

Has any of these reviews convinced you to get the figure? Or are you taking the next exit from the highway to the danger zone? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 744

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm

I am so tempted to buy this guy and repaint him into g2 cyberjet Hooligan
Immortal Starscream
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 15

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 pm

did a quick digibash
Attachments
hooligan.jpg
Immortal Starscream
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 15

Postby zatara1701 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Motto: ""It's all part of the plan...more or less.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I canceled my pre-order about a month ago...

Nostalgia almost sucked me in. It's a shame when the box is one of the coolest things about it. I just couldn't justify spending $50 on a drab colored kinda-voyager. While some of the details are pretty cool, it just doesn't say "Transformers" to me. Gigawatt and Ectotron pulled off nostalgia and looking like they belong on the TF Universe... they just missed something on this one.

I am still waiting for my Enterprise Titan crossover Hasbro!! Or at least a Commander class...
zatara1701
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby cloudballoon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Enterprise X TF.... I can only imagine Hasbro will come up with a "Cosmos with chicken legs" design and call it a day since they dared to turn an awesome F-14 into this Maverick turd...
cloudballoon
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
cloudballoon wrote:Enterprise X TF.... I can only imagine Hasbro will come up with a "Cosmos with chicken legs" design and call it a day since they dared to turn an awesome F-14 into this Maverick turd...

The design that people mention is the one that featured in the star trek x Transformers crossover comic last year but I don't think that will ever get made due to the design needing to keep to the laws of physics. The comic design mass-shifts a great deal to work so isn't practical.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 744

Postby cloudballoon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:23 pm

The comic bot's design is just lazy & not forward-looking (toy design do-able) compared to Ectotron & Gigawatt. The latter 2 had the transformation logic in mind, and the toys can pulled off the looks exactly.

If you look at the Enterprise bot design... it made no sense (without mass shifting). The propulsion units are the back pack, which is fine. Part of the primary hull (where the bridge is located) is split into the torso. The whole secondary hull (lower part of the ship, where the hangar and sensor are attached at each end) is missing! But the arms & legs don't look anything like any part of the Enterprise.

So that's why I think Hasbro will have to design something different... the "Cosmos with chicken legs" instead. The propulsion units are the chicken legs. The secondary hull is collapsed and become the waist and backpack, the primary hull can be divided into upper torso, head and arms (this part can transform just like Cosmos except the legs).
cloudballoon
Micromaster

Postby cruizerdave » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:58 am

What a piece of crap. It looks like they used all the paint app budget on the helmet and the motorcycle. And a volleyball? Really?
It just looks like a cheap knockoff. Hasbro should be ashamed.
cruizerdave
Minibot

Postby First-Aid » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
His Transformation reminds me a bit of Cybertron THundercracker...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations PROWL 7" Battalion Class GDO Import MISB (2016 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots RID 2015 Combiner Force Menasor Motormaster Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots RID 2015 Combiner Force Galvatronus Cyclonus Complete" on EBAY
Buy "New KRE-O Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 31143 Mini Kit 2 IN 1 Truck Robot 90 pc SET" on EBAY
Buy "NEW KRE-O Transformers Megatron (30688) - In Factory Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Robots in Disguise - POWER SURGE STARSCREAM + LANCELON" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Soundblaster Special Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus Warrior Class RID 2015 Unmasked" on EBAY