This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Thanks to Seibertronian DecepticonFinishline, we have some big news regarding the Transformers brand's management. John Warden, the Transformers brand Design Manager since 2014, has now moved on to another Hasbro property. According to the Twitter account @PwrRngrSite, Warden has moved to the Power Rangers and Ghostbusters brand.

John Warden (former Design Manager, Transformers 2014-2020) is now the Global Design Lead for #PowerRangers (and Ghostbusters). If you held a Transformer in your hand in the last 6 years, chances are John had a part in its creation.

Click on the photo above to be taken to the Tweet.

It's unknown at this time who his replacement will be, but he's certainly overseen the design for some very well received lines (Siege, Earthrise, Prime Wars Trilogy), not to mention the biggest Transformer to reach production, Unicron!

How do you feel about this news? Please feel free to speculate about his successor, his influence, and what you think below!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: John Warden Moving On From Transformers Brand

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I guess this means Kingdom is his last line.

Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby RustedCross » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Thank you Mr. Warden.
Transformers were awesome under your leadership.
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Wonder if this also has any relation to a certain big rumor about the future of the Power Rangers brand.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Tuned Agent » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The very G1-focused direction of the brand under Warden's leadership hasn't always been my thing, but it was Warden's vision, and he did a great job with it. His work, attention to detail and accuracy, emphasis on articulation, and passion for Transformers and the fans has brought happiness to so many people over the last 6 years (with one more to go). He's going to leave quite a legacy, and I sincerely hope his successor can match his skill as Design Manager.

Thank you John Warden, and good luck.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Maybe this is a dumb question, but do we know for certain that he's leaving his current job to take this one, and he's not just expanding his role to include these other franchises? To be clear, I'm not saying that I think that's what's happening, I just want to know if we can rule it out.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby TulioDude » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Good luck on future projects!
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:26 pm

AcademyofDrX wrote:Maybe this is a dumb question, but do we know for certain that he's leaving his current job to take this one, and he's not just expanding his role to include these other franchises? To be clear, I'm not saying that I think that's what's happening, I just want to know if we can rule it out.
The Tweet does say "former" in regards to position with the Transformers team.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS
FEATURING CHARACTERS FROM
MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 1
MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 2
AND EVEN MIGHTY MORPHIN SEASON 3

And here's an online exclusive Zeo Red Ranger for the Tommy fans

Jokes aside, I hope this means more focus on the megazords. I've only seen the Beast Morphers zords a handful of times and I have straight-up never seen the gorilla or "mantis" at all. They feel like an afterthought because they put action figure people in charge of the brand.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:30 pm

AcademyofDrX wrote:Maybe this is a dumb question, but do we know for certain that he's leaving his current job to take this one, and he's not just expanding his role to include these other franchises? To be clear, I'm not saying that I think that's what's happening, I just want to know if we can rule it out.

His LinkedIn page lists 2020 as his last year working on Transformers, while it lists Power Rangers and Ghostbusters as "current".
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:32 pm

King Kuuga wrote:INTRODUCING POWER RANGERS GENERATIONS
You jest, but that name has actually been used before. It was the name of Jetix's mini-block of rerun Power Rangers episodes from seasons that preceded the current ones.

On Fox Kids, it was called "Power Rangers Power Playback". On ABC Family during the post-Fox Kids/pre-Jetix era, it was named "Best of Power Rangers". "Power Ranger Generations" was the final name used before Jetix died.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Sabrblade wrote:Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.

I'm sure whoever takes over will pick up where he left off and continue with updating lesser known characters while rehashing the 84 Autobots.

... or we'll just get the 84 Autobots again.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
You jest, but that name has actually been used before. It was the name of Jetix's mini-block of rerun Power Rangers episodes from seasons that preceded the current ones.

On Fox Kids, it was called "Power Rangers Power Playback". On ABC Family during the post-Fox Kids/pre-Jetix era, it was named "Best of Power Rangers". "Power Ranger Generations" was the final name used before Jetix died.

I remember Power Playback and BOPR but I don't remember "Generations". What point in time was that? I tuned out around 2005 when I jumped to Sentai. Maybe I just have a spotty memory.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 pm

King Kuuga wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I remember Power Playback and BOPR but I don't remember "Generations". What point in time was that? I tuned out around 2005 when I jumped to Sentai. Maybe I just have a spotty memory.
I believe it was during the latter half of the Disney Era but before RPM, during the time when Jetix moved to only airing on Toon Disney instead of both it and ABC Family. After 2005 sounds about right.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Nanananaa, nanananaa hey hey hey...GOODBYE! :lol:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Whifflefire » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Warden has certainly made some significant contributions to the brand. It is quite possible every figure I've gotten since 2015 has been his handiwork, for which I am thankful. In my opinion Titans Return and Siege were among the best toylines of the franchise, certainly of the 2010's. I hope the standard of quality of these lines is continued by the next team.

Sabrblade wrote:I guess this means Kingdom is his last line.

Makes one wonder what we could be getting after WFCT ends.

Here's hoping for a Unicron Trilogy trilogy. :D
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Whifflefire wrote:Here's hoping for a Unicron Trilogy trilogy. :D
Nine consecutive toylines would be a lot of Unicron toys. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Omega-Doom » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Motto: ""I am the future. I have forged this entire planet into a single elegant machine. A vision of technological purity and order. And you four mongrels would dare contaminate that vision with your accursed beast modes.""
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
While I wasn't a fan of the Prime Wars trilogy, Siege and Earthrise have been pretty decent, I'm just hoping his successor can give some other continuities some love instead of just G1 rehashes again, if we get another G1 Optimus and Starscream, I'll be disappointed.
Omega-Doom
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dragon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10

Postby LE0KING » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Yay, maybe now we can do something other than G1! Like literally anything. I'd even take articulated rescuebots at this point.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
:shock: :shock: :shock: . I think I might play the lotto this week. Seriously though. It was Combiner Wars that brought me back after a decade of absence, and never thinking I'd buy toys again. If the toyline does go in a completely different direction after Kingdom, then I may call it quits for the 3rd time in my life.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby MaverickPrime » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Sabrblade wrote:

Fun fact: here in Mexico, the Power Ranger Generations was stuck in a loop of Mighty Morphin and the first half of Zeo, not even full Zeo, so yes, a direct analogy of Transformers Generations.
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Speed: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:46 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
This is huge.

Many say that Transformers have been G1 obsessive for years because of Warden. Now that he's gone elsewhere, Transformers will finally be able to move on.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay

Postby -WonkoTheSane- » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:25 am

Motto: "Per Aspera Ad Astra"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
-Kanrabat- wrote:This is huge.

Many say that Transformers have been G1 obsessive for years because of Warden. Now that he's gone elsewhere, Transformers will finally be able to move on.

I agree. I've been trying to find a way to phrase it in a way that doesn't make me come off as a huge ******, But until now failed. I'm hoping for exactly what you said. Don't get me wrong, I like G1 just as much, Maybe more than the next guy, But Transformers as a franchise is so large, That there's something for everyone, And plenty more to focus on than just G1. Hopefully Beast Wars will be the start of a new era in Transformers.
The sky really is the limit.
Beast Machines, RID, The Unicron trilogy, Maybe even Animated, And plenty more.
That's why Thrilling 30 was my favorite line, It had a great mix of everything. IDW, (My personal favorite)
G1, G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Unicron trilogy, RID, A little bit of everything.
I can honestly say thats one of the only lines I collected every figure in (Except for a couple of the legends).
I'm personally hoping for something like that again.
-WonkoTheSane-
Fuzor
News Credits: 32
Alt Mode: Dolphin.
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Just imagine. Animated was pretty much perfect in 2007/8. With modern tech, Animated being revived with improved toy designs! And maybe, a complete Animated Devastator and even the cancelled season of the show being revived. :x
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:40 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
while I wish him luck with his new gig, I'm more curious as to what direction Transformers will take now. Will a new brand leader be asked to run things the Warden way to keep the cash coming in from G1 fans?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRACKS Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 Alien Mask figure 2023 New"
TRACKS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON