This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmaster Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Blackeyedprime, has alerted us that InDemandToys have shared new stock images for the forthcoming Walmart Exclusive Retro Headmasters line via their Facebook account!

Chromedome

Hard Head

Brainstorm

Mindwipe

These toys predominantly use the toolings that Takara Tomy came up with for their Transformers Legends line (making the characters accurate to the Headmasters anime series). In places where Walmart operate, the Headmasters will retail for $20 while for UK fans, InDemandToys are selling the four of them for £80.

Are you getting any of these? Are they replacing your Titan's Returns/Legends figures or standing side by side with them? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Re: New Walmart Listings For Transformers Headmaster Assortments

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Commenting on the figures themselves, I have them all so appart the novelty boxes, there's nothing for me.

Not that I'll ever see those figures in my Walmart anyway.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Wait, so no weirdwolf? That's the only one people wanted since he broke for many, myself included.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:Wait, so no weirdwolf? That's the only one people wanted since he broke for many, myself included.

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Wait, so no weirdwolf? That's the only one people wanted since he broke for many, myself included.

Indeed and as another user posted in the Earthrise thread there could be a headmasterless figure as the fourth figure in the 2nd wave
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Nice job on the positioning of Brainstorm in that box. Geez.

These do look really nice, although I think I would rather have seen the original ones reissued instead.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Indeed and as another user posted in the Earthrise thread there could be a headmasterless figure as the fourth figure in the 2nd wave

Yep, according to trustworthy leaker Pixelmaster over on TFW, the fourth figure in the second wave (of the two planned waves) will be Punch/Counterpunch.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:We got boxed pics, but they got posted in another thread. I wonder why they went with the assortment they did. The Autobots I get but why Mindwipe of the three Decepticons? Seeing Brainstorm again reminds me of just how many uses that mold got, and how many times I bought Brainstorm.
Wasn't TR Mindwipe a little harder to find than the other two? I remember seeing tons of Skullsmashers and Weirdwolfs pegwarming all throughout the line, but not so much with Mindwipe.

I honestly don't remember it was so long ago. I do remember the heated debates over just how much of the Blurr mold was re-used on other figures. That was the start of my Tin-Hat theory about Hasbro and message boards. Refresh my memory, Brainstorm was some sort of exclusive in Japan?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
The others in Wave 2 are probably going to be Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher, and Highbrow.

While I can see some need for Brainstorm and Weirdwolf, Punch/Counterpunch is probably the only one of the 8 that was especially necessary. hopefully there will be more worthwhile waves later.

Looks like I'll be getting Chromedome off eBay
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:We got boxed pics, but they got posted in another thread. I wonder why they went with the assortment they did. The Autobots I get but why Mindwipe of the three Decepticons? Seeing Brainstorm again reminds me of just how many uses that mold got, and how many times I bought Brainstorm.
Wasn't TR Mindwipe a little harder to find than the other two? I remember seeing tons of Skullsmashers and Weirdwolfs pegwarming all throughout the line, but not so much with Mindwipe.

I honestly don't remember it was so long ago. I do remember the heated debates over just how much of the Blurr mold was re-used on other figures. That was the start of my Tin-Hat theory about Hasbro and message boards. Refresh my memory, Brainstorm was some sort of exclusive in Japan?

Nope, Brainstorm was regular retail in Japan, along with the other Headmaster characters of that line.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yep, according to trustworthy leaker Pixelmaster over on TFW, the fourth figure in the second wave (of the two planned waves) will be Punch/Counterpunch.

Are they making a new Punch/Counterpunch figure or just reissuing the one that sold on Amazon. that figure was pretty easy to get. Seems like a possible waste of a slot.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Nope, Brainstorm was regular retail in Japan, along with the other Headmaster characters of that line.
Yeah, Brainstorm was only an exclusive in Hasbro's markets. Normal Brainstorm was a Walgreens exclusive while the IDW-colored Titan Force Brainstorm was a SDCC exclusive.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Are they making a new Punch/Counterpunch figure or just reissuing the one that sold on Amazon. that figure was pretty easy to get. Seems like a possible waste of a slot.

Reissue of the Prime Wars figure, like the rest of this line, since it seems like Hasbro feels they did a good enough job with that figure already.

And like... sure, it kinda was easy to get back then, but so were the majority of the Titans Return figures they're reissuing, but it's been 3 years, and a good chunk of them (especially someone like Punch/Counterpunch) go for quite a bit on the aftermarket. Not everyone was collecting that long ago, y'know?

Looking for:
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport

Postby cruizerdave » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:01 pm

So cool, but Weird Wolf (Wolfwire) was one of the best! Hope they do more of these!
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Talon523 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm

I hope they do Misfire. I'd buy two if they reissue for 20.

I loved the target master seekers as a kid. I'd probably repurchase Slugslinger and Triggerhappy just for the box too.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Talon523 wrote:I hope they do Misfire. I'd buy two if they reissue for 20.

I loved the target master seekers as a kid. I'd probably repurchase Slugslinger and Triggerhappy just for the box too.

Don't get your hopes up too high. According to Pixelmaster (reliable leaker on TFW), it's only supposed to be 2 waves, composed of the 7 '87 Headmasters and Punch/Counterpunch. Hopefully if this is successful Hasbro might consider expanding it, but as of now it's just those 8 figures.

Looking for:
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Reissue of the Prime Wars figure, like the rest of this line, since it seems like Hasbro feels they did a good enough job with that figure already.

And like... sure, it kinda was easy to get back then, but so were the majority of the Titans Return figures they're reissuing, but it's been 3 years, and a good chunk of them (especially someone like Punch/Counterpunch) go for quite a bit on the aftermarket. Not everyone was collecting that long ago, y'know?
Well, Hardhead et al don't usually go for horribly much more than they originally cost, at least last I checked. Mindwipe maybe does? But that's it. They're overall commonly available. Especially the Hasbro ones.

The thing about Punch/Counterpunch is that not only was he an Amazon exclusive when originally released, his retail price was $50 compared to the $17 shelf price of TR Deluxes. So with him having a higher starting price to begin with, the secondary market price increases... yeah.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:22 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Well, Hardhead et al don't usually go for horribly much more than they originally cost, at least last I checked. Mindwipe maybe does? But that's it. They're overall commonly available. Especially the Hasbro ones.

The thing about Punch/Counterpunch is that not only was he an Amazon exclusive when originally released, his retail price was $50 compared to the $17 shelf price of TR Deluxes. So with him having a higher starting price to begin with, the secondary market price increases... yeah.

Uuuh... wasn't Punch/Counterpunch only $25?

Looking for:
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, Brainstorm was only an exclusive in Hasbro's markets. Normal Brainstorm was a Walgreens exclusive while the IDW-colored Titan Force Brainstorm was a SDCC exclusive.

And at one point I had all three. For all its uses, I loved that mold.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby triKlops » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
i thought i was going to be able to pass on these as i have the Generations versions of them all and the OSKOs but then i saw the packaging..... and am now in on all of these when they get released.
As much as i hate to give WM my money after the Netflix Siege exclusive fiasco that i just went through with them, these look amazing and will go well with the MISB portion of my collection.
Damn it...

(Apparently, putting it in retro G1 packaging is too much for me to fight; they should have done it with TF X TG Maverick and i would have kept my preorder, sadly.)

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Whifflefire » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Rodimus Knight wrote:

Speak for yourself, mate! After the Amazon release (initially $25) sold out, Counterpunch was nowhere to be found for less than $100. I had to wait until he became available on Hobbylink Japan (and create a Hobbylink Japan account!) and got him for $30, but that was over 6 months later. He's certainly even harder to find now.

Punch/Counterpunch is a great figure though, as well as a unique and interesting concept, so getting reissued can only be a good thing since it means this rare and expensive-on-the-second-market figure would be getting wider availability.

I'm not averse to Hasbro reissuing figures from the last two trilogies. It would mean newer collectors would get a chance to acquire figures of these characters (84-87) while new releases could focus on new/yet-to-be-updated characters for those that have been collecting for a while. Especially considering that many of the WFC and SS86 toys are going to be hard to beat in terms of accuracy, I think it would be better to leave these designs for a while and let Generations explore the rest of the multiverse.

One Day...
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:36 pm

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Uuuh... wasn't Punch/Counterpunch only $25?

Yeah, it was only $25, all 3 of the Amazon exclusives were.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 7

Postby ausbot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
I only want a weirdwolf
ausbot
Pretender
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby daedalus25 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:49 am

Even though I already have TR Hardhead, I'll need to pick up this one since they fixed the head sculpt.
daedalus25
Mini-Con

Postby optimeow » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:01 am

Waiting for the Black Zarak reuse of the Scorponok mold.
Come on Generations Selects ...
optimeow
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #82 Variant DC Comics 2019 (w) Orlando (ca) Albuquerque AUG190636"
WONDER WOMAN #82 V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 FEB232829 796A (W)Adams (A) Cruz+more(CA) Clarke"
FLASH #796 Cvr A D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC163 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MARVEL FAMILY #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 0822DC823 (W) Binder (A/CA) Beck"
MARVEL FAMILY #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #134 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0223DC042 134A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #134 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATGIRL #55 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jean (W) Horrocks (A) Phillips 230915A"
BATGIRL #55 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 NOV223446 1068D (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1067 Cvr C Holiday DC Comics 2022 OCT223311 1067C (CA)Lee+More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #428 Robin Lives 2nd ptg Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC998 (CA) Aparo"
BATMAN #428 Robin ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #2 DC Comics 1999 (A/CA) Taylor (W) Kesel 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #2 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC197 1073B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr G 1:50 foil DC Comics 0423DC007 136G (CA) Artgerm (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #136 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #182 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON