This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now!

Postby Hotrod » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:40 am

With the success of the current Transformers Movie it is fun to look back at the hobbies past, and that is what Seibertron has done with his latest galleries. In honor of the movie characters with the same names, Seiberton has post galleries of two of the original Autobots. You can now check out 146 images of G1 Ratchet and 116 pictures of G1 Ironhide. After you are done checking both of those galleries out do not forget to check out the rest of the galleries in the Seibertron.com's Toy Galleries located in the Seibertron.com Toy Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:29 am

Weapon: Sword
Cool. I really wish these G1 figures were more like their cartoon appearance, but they are what they are I suppose.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Hotrod » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:43 am

Lapse Of Reason wrote:Cool. I really wish these G1 figures were more like their cartoon appearance, but they are what they are I suppose.

I agree. If there were not important characters in the comics and show, I do not think I would really want either one. Now the BotCon exclusives of these two characters are sweet and if I ever get the cash they will be mine.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Craven Knight » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:16 am

Those are TERRIBLE toys :sad: - they are both great characters though.
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Bonger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 am

Craven Knight wrote:Those are TERRIBLE toys :sad: - they are both great characters though.

Theyre fine as long as you keep them in alt mode....ALWAYS! :grin:
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Psychout » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Cant wait to see these aganst any G1 movie repaints that may be done for these two.
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Bumble-B » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:04 am

Do they have faces...? :-? :???:
Bumble-B
Micromaster

Postby Yeti » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:33 am

I have fond moemories of my Ratchet, he seemed like great value at the time.
Yeti
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:52 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I love both of these toys for what they are ... they're a prime example of the origin of the Transformers toys. I don't know why, but I've always really liked both of these figures. I'm very happy that I now have versions that are near perfect.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Loki120 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:53 am

Bumble-B wrote:Do they have faces...? :-? :???:

Their faces are stickers of a generalized face, stuck on a tab behind the windshield.
The design of toy when it was originally a diaclone figure was suppose to connect with something else, hence the reason behind no real head.

I never had Ironhide, but I did own Ratchet. I liked the figure, and always had a soft spot for the windshield in front of the face for some reason.
Loki120
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:36 am

And these are the toys that are "better" than the movie designs? HAW!!
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby osiricon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:45 am

jealousy is what I feel. Ratchet was my first TF. I lost it when I was moving. :( I got him from a lady, I used to take out her trash and she gave him to me. I had no idea what a TF was,I just thought he was a cool car. I noticed the gaps and slowly open him up......WOW....this is cool!!! That was the beginning of my love for TF. I don't have 1 ratchet Ryan has 2. Jealousy I tell you.
osiricon
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Ground Zero » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:59 am

G1 Ironhide was one of my favorite toys while growing up. He was my favorite character in the show, and I didn't mind at all that the toy didn't look like the character.

I wish these had seen reissue in the US.
Ground Zero
Mini-Con
News Credits: 43

Postby First Gen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
What are those botcon's going for?

I remember seeing some kitbashes on another TF website that I thought were awesome of the two. In reality, you could probably fabricate a head and shoulders for these G1 versions and they'd be okay, with the exception of their arms being really loooooooow. lol

Good galleries, good memories, good times.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Scaleface » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:06 am

As a guy who used to own the Diaclone black van with the driver, I just see this as a poor choice for Hasbro. It was a great toy, but it wasn't supposed to be a robot. It was a combat vehicle piloted by a smaller robot in the Diaclone toy line. They probably shouldn't have used it for Transformers, but it's a great vehicle in Diaclone.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Hanch Prime » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am

They are lame, I have them both, but I never got them as a kid cuz I thought they looked stupid. I agree, not a goo choice by hasbro. But they diddn't really care I'm sure no one knew it would blow up like it did. It would be cool if they did some type of MP of these characters for us fans. make them more like the G1 cartoon, like having a head and the whole van turning into a robot.
Hanch Prime
Micromaster

Postby SpacerAM2 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:55 am

I wish the tf classics toy designers make them both anime accurate like they've done some of the others.
SpacerAM2
Pretender

Postby Galaxy_Convoy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:10 pm

I personally would love to get my hands on these guys. I've always had alittle place in my heart for Ironhide and Ratchet. I've always wondered though if Reprolabels would make a sticker of their cartoon accurate heads to stick on in place of the generic face.

And as always, it would be nice to see Hasbro make Classics of the two of them, along with poor old Trailbreaker and Kup that seemed to always get pushed aside for other characters.
Galaxy_Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:25 pm

As bad as their actual toys were, I still have a massive soft spot for these toys, mainly because of the great characters they were given on the show.

I wish they had have been re-issued, but I cant see Hasbro doing that.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Galaxy_Convoy wrote:I personally would love to get my hands on these guys. I've always had alittle place in my heart for Ironhide and Ratchet. I've always wondered though if Reprolabels would make a sticker of their cartoon accurate heads to stick on in place of the generic face.

And as always, it would be nice to see Hasbro make Classics of the two of them, along with poor old Trailbreaker and Kup that seemed to always get pushed aside for other characters.

Repolabels did do that. Look at some of their upgrade stickers.

I doubt these were ever the designs people think of when they say "G1 style is better than the movie style" .... People are probably thinking all the "neo-G1" stuff. These are the top 2 guys I'd like to see get a modern makeover considering how central they were in the show. In fact it's wierd that hasn't happened yet.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:06 pm

Weapon: Sword
i_amtrunks wrote:As bad as their actual toys were, I still have a massive soft spot for these toys, mainly because of the great characters they were given on the show.

I wish they had have been re-issued, but I cant see Hasbro doing that.

I agree. Although the closest yet are the Botcon 2005 figures. In fact, they fit in great with Classics.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915Q"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210481 30RI (CA) Shepherd (W)Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JAN200705 7B (W) Maggs (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 NOV200369 2A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON