Director Announced for Next Live Action Transformers Film

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Director Announced for Next Live Action Transformers Film

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadline got a scoop yesterday about the next Live Action Transformers film. They said that the director would be Steven Caple Jr., who directed Creed 2. You can read part of the article below but it lacks a lot of details as to what that next movie is with very non committal wording like "revamp" which we have seen Hasbro and paramount use before when they weren't sure of what was coming next. But at least we know who the director will be if the deal does indeed come through in the coming weeks.

Following a lengthy search, Paramount Pictures and Hasbro Studios have set Steven Caple Jr. to direct the new Transformers pic in the reinvented universe. Insiders add while negotiations have yet to begin, he is the top choice among studio execs and producers and a deal should close in the coming weeks. After meeting with several top execs including Paramount Motion Picture President Emma Watts, the studio saw Caple as the best fit for the franchise that the studio chose to revamp at the top of the year.

In January, the studio made the decision to give the entire franchise a revamp by having two simultaneous scripts that are in active development: one by James Vanderbilt and one by Joby Harold. Harold’s film eventually would be chosen as the next installment in the franchise, and once he had given his final touches on the script at the end of the summer, the studio began taking director pitches on the next film.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 3004
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Director Announced for Next Live Action Transformers Film

Postby Quantum Surge » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
While I've yet to see Creed 2, I do have some hope for Steven Caple Jr. While I do love a majority of the prior live-action films, I am interested in seeing some fresh eyes tackle the franchise with their own spin. That being said, I am ironically waiting for him to say that he's a big fan of the franchise yet focuses on just G1. There goes my hope for a distinct TF film that's able to be different from MV1-TLK yet not be slavish like BB

Still, I wonder if either this or the animated film will come out first and if it'll either be a normal TF film or be a Beast Wars adaptation.
Action Figure Wishlist:

POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Blitzwing, Astrotrain)
All the Combiner Wars Aerialbots
Studio Series and WFC repaints
TFP Soundwave
Cybertron Galvatron
G1 Megatron (cheapest option would be the Chronicle 2-pack)
MPMs for cheap prices

My G1 Starscream needs fists. He's the Collection reissue and can't have a coronation without fists!
Quantum Surge
Combiner
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby TulioDude » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
He seens a cool guy.
Hope for the best.Good luck Steven Caple Jr.! ;)^
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 am

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 20

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:18 am

Motto: "*Incomprehensible suffering noises*"
Weapon: Black Magic
I honestly wasn't even expecting us to get another TF movie after the Kung Flu panic did a number on the movie theatre business, so this is a bonus in my book. I hope it's in continuity with BB; it wasn't perfect but it was the most I've enjoyed a TF movie since the 2007 one.
The worst Transformers fan ever.
Formerly known as Delta Magnus and Black Hat. It's a long story.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Eldritch horror
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:53 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Really glad that beast wars is safe from being ruined -yet. Bee2 might be intersting if Bee gets all chromed and all the other bots are different kinds of 90's neon :P a G2 cast set in the 90's might just be different enough to freshen things up.

Hopefully the director wont have anything against mass shifting shrink chips cybertronians and not need to have a non existent mass shifting cube with no sense to the plot in his film.
blackeyedprime
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Brokebot » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:23 am

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
He'll have his work cut out for him to make it as nonsensical and retcon dense as the Bayverse achieved.
Brokebot
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby First-Aid » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I really enjoyed Creed 2, so I have hope for this. He did a great job with the source material, keeping the feel of a "Rocky" movie but emphasizing that it was Creed's movie. Nice touches such as the "Gonna Fly Now" anthem, good camera angles and great homages to the original Rocky movies.

I have hope for this. As long as it's not too heavy.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby noctorro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:06 am

I'm more than okay with this.

I'm so tired of the Bay storytelling. I do hope it's more high energy than Bumblebee, love that film and it's a great start of a movie series. But the next needs to have a bit more characters and the main character robot needs to be on top of his game.
I like energetic, competent and driven people (Thank you Iron Man 1 / Winter Soldier etc.).
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Transmetal Warrior

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Knock Out Deluxe Action Figure FACTORY NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Barricade Complete" on EBAY