This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby TulioDude » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Nice!

Seeing Beast Wars characters in live action will be cool.

Glad to see synopsis match the title.

Edit:Peter Cullen is back?HYPE :BOWDOWN:

Looks Arcee will Transformers Prime inspired.Awesome.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Between this, Shattered Glass Goldbug, the new Sea of Thieves update released this morning, and me prepping for deployment to Korea, today’s been one helluva Tuesday. Please don’t be an incoherent mess, that’s all I ask… :PRAY:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
This is very interesting news. Part of me loves the idea of all the factions. I'll give it a watch.

Though I guess this means the return of the bayverse vs reboot arguments -_-
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Could be neat, Bee’s new Camaro mode sounds cool!

In regards to connections to the Bayverse, I’m guessing this will be like Bumblebee in that it does it’s own thing story-wise but pulls a few things from the Bayverse.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Brutal brawl » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Im wonderong by scourge are they reffering to the original nemesis prime scourge, i mean he was a truck after all :michaelbay:
Brutal brawl
Mini-Con

Re: Notes from TRANSFORMERS Production Kickoff Virtual Event Confirmation including character reveals

Postby Autobot N » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:00 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Seibertron wrote:[*]Sounds like it will still be in the Bayverse. Intentionally setting it in 90s so that it doesn't cut into time period of Bay films.
Welp, there goes my excitement for this movie
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby TulioDude » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Brutal brawl wrote:Im wonderong by scourge are they reffering to the original nemesis prime scourge, i mean he was a truck after all :michaelbay:

This having Beast in the title,make me believe he will also have Cybertron Scourge elements
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9

Postby blackeyedprime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Sounds bad, good luck on the bad guy wearing maximal insignias that hes torn off when they aren't physical hahaha
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:21 pm

While interesting, I still feel less then enthusiastic. This feels like it will have too many robots to tell a good story about the robots themselves, which means it will once again be a transformers movie not actually about the transformers and just story about goofy people caught in a robot apocalypse. The Bumblebee movie wasn't perfect, but it was a huge step in the right direction for telling a good Transformers story about the Transformers. I am not saying to cut the humans out of the story. In fact, you really can't, as they serve as an audience proxy as well as establishing scale.

Still, I want to believe in the movie franchise, and I want to have hope that it will be a fun ride. Fingers crossed!

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby o.supreme » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
The concept overall sounds interesting. It is odd for me to still see some people (on other sites) up in arms about the use of character names. I mean name slapping has occurred since the first film, and I didn't expect it to change here.

I'm glad they confirmed it's a sequel to BB, and in a different continuity to films 1-5. Also 1994... was quite a nostalgic year for me. It was when I graduated High School. (yes I'm old). It will be interesting to see how they interpret the time period. Also it would have been a neat little not to set in 1996, when BW officially came out, but it's ok. Yes I was 20 years old watching BW, giving it a chance (I had my doubts but never hated on it). I watched the early premiere in Spring, and when S1 fully rolled out in the fall, I woke up super early each Monday Tuesday (and sometimes Wednesday) to record it. From the time I saw the Starscream cameo in episode 3 I knew there was hope, and the show didn't disappoint.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Jumpstart1083 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Hrm… I don’t want to sound like a negative jerk but I have a terrible feeling about this already.

Reading through that post, it seems the same group of people ignoring source material, doing whatever they want to, and then at the same time ironically tying to “please” every type of fan all at once at the same time as they try to please themselves too by making up their own characters and then just working with/trying to clunkily tie all these characters together…..

Honestly, it sounds overly complicated/convoluted already and like it’s going to be a huge mess. Really hope I’m wrong. The good news is that I’m wrong all the time, so fingers crossed!
Jumpstart1083
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 pm

o.supreme wrote:The concept overall sounds interesting. It is odd for me to still see some people (on other sites) up in arms about the use of character names. I mean name slapping has occurred since the first film, and I didn't expect it to change here.

I'm glad they confirmed it's a sequel to BB, and in a different continuity to films 1-5. Also 1994... was quite a nostalgic year for me. It was when I graduated High School. (yes I'm old). It will be interesting to see how they interpret the time period. Also it would have been a neat little not to set in 1996, when BW officially came out, but it's ok. Yes I was 20 years old watching BW, giving it a chance (I had my doubts but never hated on it). I watched the early premiere in Spring, and when S1 fully rolled out in the fall, I woke up super early each Monday Tuesday (and sometimes Wednesday) to record it. From the time I saw the Starscream cameo in episode 3 I knew there was hope, and the show didn't disappoint.

Urm they didn't say it was set in a different continuity...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby megamanfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:38 pm

i will reserve judgment until i see who's writing it.
megamanfan
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot_Benz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Motto: "What is the point of growing up if you can't act childish sometimes"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Rhinox is here as well. Looks like Headstrong. Likes to ram things. "Wants to use that horn!"
Not a fan of that Rhinox description . Rhinox is the Computer expert/medic of the Maximals come on guys its not that hard. the only brute force Rhinox liked using was his chain guns of doom.
Autobot_Benz
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Skill: 4

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:46 pm

megamanfan wrote:i will reserve judgment until i see who's writing it.

Joby Harold
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Munkky » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:57 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
This probably would've been really exciting news that would've got me super-hyped..........ten years ago. But just reading through all of the confirmed information here, it just sounds like Rise of the Beasts is throwing any old **** at the wall to see what sticks. G1 Optimus, Beast Wars, Prime-inspired Predacons, RID 2001-sounding Scourge as a Lockdown knock-off, Nightbird....it sounds like something I would've written as fan fiction when I was a teenager. I'll wait for trailers and reviews and such before I decide whether or not to see it, but so far I'm not completely sold.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Skill: 6

Postby First Gen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Ok, I'm back.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot N » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
I will say that Scourge seems awesome. Cross between Cybertron and RiD Scourge and BH Predaking with a flaming goatee? Sign me up for his Studio Series figure
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby LinaNui » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
So far from what I've read, I really am only interested in the Terrorcon faction. And my goodness Scourge sounds so badass, none of the others caught my attention but he sure did. I would Love a leader class figure of him with some smoke effects. It seems they were shown concept art, has that leaked/been shown to the public?

I think the big thing that will be dragging the movie down for me, is the human characters and that it is supposed to be a heist. Like why do they have to do a heist, they are giant alien robots they can walk up and take whatever it is. The human characters, based off the descriptions, are going to be boring and unoriginal cleishas.

Hopefully the movie can surprise me, but I currently only have 1 expectation of anything good, and that is Scourge.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby jtanimator » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:35 pm

I want to be excited. I do. And part of me is. But if you read between the lines, so much of Lorenzo’s stupid comments are leaning towards everything that made the bayverse a mistake. But what pisses me off is that they refuse to separate this from the bayverse. Not because I hate the bayverse, but because it’s just going to start making less and less sense with these bigger scale events happening closer to the events of the ‘07 movie. What happened in BB barely slipped by with continuity with the first film, but now this?? 5 different factions, dozens of new characters, and major battles all just 15 years before the first movie? And the continuity is expected to stay in line?? Holy crap, I really hate Lorenzo. And yes, I’m blaming this all on him. Based off of the last 15 years of press and experience with him on these movies, I’ve learned how much he throws these films down the hell hole. Gosh, I hope I’m wrong. I hope he’s just yapping away as usual and not indicating the actual result of the movie.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Reaction on twitter is mostly positive/cautious optimism. Most negatives have just been on the humans (though i suspect the announcement of casting for Disney Snow White will take the spotlight off this film for non-tf fans). Everyone is largely pleased this isn't connected to the bayverse films...which is weird as I can't find any straight statement on that
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Sigh. After Bumblebee I dared to hope we could have nice things.

But this sounds like the sort of incoherent mess we've come to expect from the Bayverse.

I'm guessing that there was a desire from Hasbro to push Beast Wars to line up with Kingdom and just generally because 90s kids are hitting prime nostalgia buying years, and a desire from Paramount to be a follow-up to Bumblebee set in the 90s and a desire from di Bonaventura to do another "big" Transformers movie and maintain continuity with the Bay films, and nobody at all stopped and said, "Wait, do we actually have, y'know, a story here?"

Hope I'm wrong. But they've done zero to earn the benefit of the doubt.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
As long as it is as good as the Bumble Bee movie I'm down.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Endurance: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Speaking as a diehard fan of Beast Wars, that is a really stupid title.

Like, it sounds like a placeholder name that never got changed.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Man having 4-5 factions (Depending if the Decepticons are in the movie) in one movie plus humans certainly sounds like a great idea for having Transformers be the main starts with plenty of screen time.

Because it wasn't like we never had trouble with just the 2 base factions already noooooo.

Like the details sound cool on paper until you realize this is just going to be a mess regardless of which continuity it is in because just cramming a lot of characters doesn't make for a good film, which gets to my point of potentially creatively restricting themselves by making the movies take place in the same continuity as Bayverse which means the they have to stick to the past while we have to acknowledge what eventually happens in the other films.

Since ya know, any Autobot who wasn't alive by TLK is more than likely dead unless they took off in a space ship and decided to not showed up when Optimus asked Autobots to come to Earth in 2007.

Same with Arcee here, if she's the same Arcee as ROTF I sure can't wait to get invested in a character in this film who in the future gets ceremoniously killed off in a bit part after 2 lines during ROTF, same with Mirage if he's the same guy as Dino who was going to be called Mirage in DOTM.

If this actually ends up being a good film I'm going to be surprised, I really want to be optimistic but hey I was optimistic for literally every sequel after 2007 which only DOTM really got anywhere close to decency.

Last but maybe not least: The title is dumb, who uses "Rise of" in a movie title these days? Love the creativity placed into it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr J 1:20 purple line art Dynamite Comics NOV220592 2J (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #29 var BHM Marvel Comics AUG229007 (CA) Manhanini"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #13 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231382 13A (CA) To (W) Kelly (A) Lanzing"
STAR TREK #13 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230683 9E Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #1 5th Anniversary Cvr E 1:10 IDW Comics JAN231615 1E Thomas"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #10 Marvel Comics 2021 JAN210713 (CA) De Iulis"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #29 Revelations Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221099 (CA) Clarke"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr H 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230264 12H (CA) Kambadais"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230520 5I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230459 7K (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 AUG221551 1A (A/CA) Rosanas (W) Kelly+Lanzing"
STAR TREK #1 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS JABBA THE HUTT #1 headshot Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210676 (CA) Camuncoli"
STAR WARS JABBA TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Strange New Worlds SCORPIUS RUN #1 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics JUN231474 1E"
Star Trek Strange ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr G 1:7 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230249 5G (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON