This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon May 29, 2023 7:04 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, just a few minutes ago on Entertainment Tonight, their Summer Movie Preview just referred to Rise of the Beasts as both a sequel to Bumblebee and a prequel to "the original film".

Can't believe they made a prequel to Transformers 1986!

A lot sure happens by 2005 but where do the Maximals go?! : O /s
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:11 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, just a few minutes ago on Entertainment Tonight, their Summer Movie Preview just referred to Rise of the Beasts as both a sequel to Bumblebee and a prequel to "the original film".

Wow, we watch the same show.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 29, 2023 8:13 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Wow, we watch the same show.
Actually, I was just passing through the living room when it was on the TV at the time. :oops:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:07 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"

The press release from Paramount sent to all entertainment news publications states as such.

Here's the blurb of the film from Total Film magazine as another example:

The film is set seven years after Bumblebee, in 1994, before the events of the Bay movies. Which meant Optimus Prime and the other Autobots aren't quite at the comfort levels they've reached with humanity by the time they strike up a relationship with Shia LaBeouf.

While the film is a stand alone adventure not really explicitly linked to anything, it is being marketed as a prequel to the Bay films for simplicity's sake.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Peter Cullen Says he's had the Most Fun Working on Rise of Beasts in new Featurette

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:17 pm

We Transformers fans like when the talent who have contributed to our beloved brand are given proper care and attention. So it's nice to see Peter Cullen in the latest featurette stating that he's never had more fun than working on the film with Steven, the director. The featurette is about the director in general and about how he has brought his new vision to the film, which includes adding the Brooklyn element. Unlike Michael Bay, who didn't even want Cullen to voice Prime initially, Steven Caple Jr is a big fan of Peter and grew up with the Transformers show. So you can get a sense of the different dynamic and reverence for the source material. Also, it is fun to note that on social media, Steven has stated that Optimus Prime's face is meant to resemble Peter Cullen.

Enjoy the new featurette along with a bunch of added tv spots.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Tue May 30, 2023 2:41 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Great to see Cullen’s having a better time working on this than Bumblbee.

Also, that story about Bay not wanting Cullen as Prime isn’t exactly true. Supposedly, Lorenzo’s the one that didn’t want Cullen involved in the film while Bay was the one actively pushing for Cullen as both Prime and Ironhide. While that particular story has never been 100% confirmed, Cullen has said publicly that Bay was really excited to have him voice Optimus.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:51 pm

Decepticon Stryker wrote:Great to see Cullen’s having a better time working on this than Bumblbee.

Also, that story about Bay not wanting Cullen as Prime isn’t exactly true. Supposedly, Lorenzo’s the one that didn’t want Cullen involved in the film while Bay was the one actively pushing for Cullen as both Prime and Ironhide. While that particular story has never been 100% confirmed, Cullen has said publicly that Bay was really excited to have him voice Optimus.

Alright, thanks

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 30, 2023 4:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
william-james88 wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Great to see Cullen’s having a better time working on this than Bumblbee.

Alright, thanks
Then who was it that originally wanted Liam Neeson to voice Optimus in the first movie? I thought I recalled an interview or behind-the-scenes featurette where Bay had mentioned wanting Neeson for Optimus while also mentioning Hugo Weaving for Megatron.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Courage: 8

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Tue May 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Alright, thanks
Then who was it that originally wanted Liam Neeson to voice Optimus in the first movie? I thought I recalled an interview or behind-the-scenes featurette where Bay had mentioned wanting Neeson for Optimus while also mentioning Hugo Weaving for Megatron.

That was likely Lorenzo, who wanted to fill the cast with a bunch of big names. Bay was, supposedly, pushing hard for Cullen and Welker, and he may have actually been pushing for the entirety of the original voice cast to come back.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car

Details of Free Fan Event for Transformers Rise of the Beasts in Brooklyn

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:31 pm

HASBRO CELEBRATES TRANSFORMERS BRAND WITH FREE EXPERIENTIAL FAN EVENT “TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE IN BROOKLYN” ON JUNE 3

In Collaboration with Amazon, Fans and Families Can Look Forward to a Graffiti Mural, Product Showcase, Food Trucks, and More Than Meets the Eye Surprises

NEW YORK –– MAY 30, 2023 –– Ahead of the highly-anticipated Transformers: Rise of the Beasts premiere, Hasbro, a global leader in play, has collaborated with Amazon for “Transformers: Battle in Brooklyn” – a special fan event to drive excitement for the upcoming premiere and to showcase the diverse selection of toys, apparel, accessories, and home décor available in the Amazon Transformers store, including hundreds of Transformers products exclusive to Amazon. This special event in the borough of Brooklyn, which also serves as the film's backdrop, will feature fun-filled Transformers-themed activities, interactive, shoppable Amazon product displays, and surprises for fans. Free to the public, the “Transformers: Battle in Brooklyn” event will take place on Saturday, June 3, 2023, from 3 - 7 p.m. in Brooklyn, NY, at the intersection of Waterbury Street & Scholes Street. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will be released globally by Paramount Pictures exclusively in theatres on June 9.

Transformers fans and families can look forward to the following activities:

● A Graffiti-Style Mural from Dragon76 – Hasbro teamed up with Japanese street artist Dragon76 to create a spectacular mural in East Williamsburg that showcases the Transformers brand in a vital, passionate ‘90s graffiti style—the perfect backdrop for memorable fan photos and videos to mark the release of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

● Transformers Product Showcase – On display will be an exciting exhibit showcasing the hottest new toys like the Bumblebee and Optimus Primal 2-in-1 Converting Masks and the Beast Battle Masters Cheetor figure, as well as collectibles and more from the latest Transformers consumer product lineup. Attendees will also be able to browse a new collection of Amazon exclusive products inspired by the graffiti mural, including t-shirts, tanks, and hoodies for kids and adults from Merch on Demand, Amazon’s print-on-demand service that allows customers to shop millions of products from popular brands and independent designers. The showcase will include shoppable QR codes that make it easy to order items directly from Amazon. Prime members enjoy fast, free delivery.

● Food Trucks – Event-goers can grab some bites to eat from local, on-site food trucks, Glazed & Confused and Takumi Tacos, which will offer free food from special Transformers-themed menus on a first come, first served basis, as supplies last.

“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is set in Brooklyn, and we thought what better location to host this special event that will appeal to Transformers fans of all ages?” commented Tom Warner, SVP & GM, Global Brands at Hasbro. “Fans can immerse themselves in the world of Transformers, and we look forward to celebrating the Transformers: Rise of the Beasts launch and showcasing the Hasbro toy line—all things that make this franchise iconic.”

New York-area public transit riders will also have the opportunity to purchase Transformers-branded MetroCards featuring ‘90s graffiti artwork at select stations beginning June 2nd. Approximately 50,000 MetroCards will be distributed across machines located in Penn Station, Grand Central Station, and Times Square, while supplies last. Additionally, Transformers movie-inspired artwork will appear on Amazon Hub Lockers around the country. Use the Amazon QR code embedded in both the MetroCards and on Amazon Hub Lockers to shop the Amazon Transformers store.

“We are thrilled to collaborate with Hasbro on these real-world and online activations to showcase the incredible selection of products in the Amazon Transformers store, including several franchise exclusive products for customers,” said Mike Popchuk, VP, Home and Lifestyle Categories at Amazon. “We’re proud to help offer an innovative Transformers shopping experience for our customers this summer in Brooklyn and beyond.”

Join the battle and immerse yourself in the world of Transformers! Find out more about the event at amazon.com/TFbattleinbrooklyn.

william-james88
News Staff

New Cringey Paramount Short for ROTB Shows Stratosphere's Transformation

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Have any of you ever wanted to hear Optimus Prime say "When the rideshare is sus"? Well today's your lucky day since Paramount is now marketing to Gen Z in their Rise of the Beasts campaign. They made a short, popular format with that demographic, using their lingo. But the good thing is that this short is Stratosphere's transformation. It ends with a joke from Mirage. Honestly, not much more to say, the short was mirrored onto an unlocked youtube clip you can see below.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: New Cringey Paramount Short for ROTB Shows Stratosphere's Transformation

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed May 31, 2023 4:33 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
william-james88 wrote:Have any of you ever wanted to hear Optimus Prime say "When the rideshare is sus"?

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Wed May 31, 2023 4:38 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Cringe aside, why the AI voice?
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed May 31, 2023 4:39 pm

It's that simple."
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Cringe aside, why the AI voice?

To make it even cringier.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Quantum Surge » Wed May 31, 2023 5:19 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I agree with the headline. At least Stratosphere is cool. Wonder if he knows Jetfire.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed May 31, 2023 6:04 pm

Did Stratosphere cough up another bot's head?

Reminds me of how I once imagined Headmasters aging badly, coughing up decayed body parts of the Nebulons they binary bonded to...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 6

Postby griftimus prime » Wed May 31, 2023 6:14 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
there always has to be so much chaos
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Flashwave » Wed May 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers

Because it literally only cost them a cup of coffee to have the marketing intern throw this together
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I am excited for Stratosphere lol
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:01 pm

It's part of the "short" vibe, like what we see on facebook and tictoc.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jeremylynch?lang=en

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 31, 2023 9:20 pm

Remember the days when you guys didn’t put your opinions in the title of articles? Those were good days… congrats. You’re in the level of tformers.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed May 31, 2023 9:29 pm

It's that simple."
Randomhero wrote:Remember the days when you guys didn’t put your opinions in the title of articles? Those were good days… congrats. You’re in the level of tformers.

Ooooffff...

Well, yeah, I can agree that it's not really professional.
No matter how funny that was.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed May 31, 2023 10:47 pm

Randomhero wrote:Remember the days when you guys didn’t put your opinions in the title of articles? Those were good days… congrats. You’re in the level of tformers.
If enough of the target demo agrees, even ironically, can't it be declared objectively cringey?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 6

Postby TOO MUCH ENERGON! » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:09 am

Motto: ""Cheetor says some Cheetor bullshit.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
What bothers me is that this movie is set in 1994 when neither "rideshare" or "sus" were terms that existed. "This carpool is sketchy" would be more in-line with the lingo of the time.
TOO MUCH ENERGON!
Minibot
Watch TOO MUCH ENERGON! on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panther
Firepower: ???

Postby Easy Tiger » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 am

Hate to be party-pooper here, but the term "sus" is literally hundreds of years old.

In the UK we even had a law called "the Sus Law" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sus_law that was one of the main causes for the Brixton Race Riots. Basically, if a police officer thought you looked sus, you could be stopped, searched and even arrested. Needless to say, it was repealed in the 1980s (although oddly politicians seem super keen on bringing it back).
Easy Tiger
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
NEW!
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2013 230920A"
NEW!
HOIST Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
NEW!
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON