This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:52 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Early reports are coming in from fans who have seen it already that this movie is dumb, but not the same kind of immature, gross-out, embarrassed-by-the-source-material kind of dumb of the Bay movies. More like a fun kind of dumb. The right kind of dumb.

These fan reports also agree that Bumblebee was still the better movie in regards to being a movie.

I heard a couple people say this is like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I'm fine with that.

All I want from a TF movie

Ditto. ;)^
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Early reports are coming in from fans who have seen it already that this movie is dumb, but not the same kind of immature, gross-out, embarrassed-by-the-source-material kind of dumb of the Bay movies. More like a fun kind of dumb. The right kind of dumb.

These fan reports also agree that Bumblebee was still the better movie in regards to being a movie.

I'm fine with that.

All I want from a TF movie

Ditto. ;)^

I'm also okay with the occasional dose of cleavage but not in this type of movie.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:56 pm

It's that simple."
First-Aid wrote:I'm also okay with the occasional dose of cleavage but not in this type of movie.

Especially when it's supposed to be "for kids."
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
First-Aid wrote:

I'm fine with that.
The thing is, the general landscape of what makes something a "Saturday morning cartoon" has really shifted over the years. Is it a Saturday morning cartoon like how Batman: The Animated Series was, or a Saturday morning cartoon like SpongeBob is?

If I'm being honest, as much as I like SpongeBob, I'd much rather this movie be something closer to the former than the latter.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:31 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Just got back from seeing ROTB! I’ll have more thoughts on it in the spoiler thread sometime soon, but I really enjoyed it!

I’m not too sure of rankings yet, but I’m currently thinking it’s fighting with ROTF for 3rd place, with DOTM on top followed by 07 in second place.

As a Bayverse fan who didn’t really enjoy the Bumblebee movie, I thought ROTB was great!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 52
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby TulioDude » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:16 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Saw it yesterday. Loved it! :BOT: :MAXIMAL:
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:59 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I'm fine with that.
The thing is, the general landscape of what makes something a "Saturday morning cartoon" has really shifted over the years. Is it a Saturday morning cartoon like how Batman: The Animated Series was, or a Saturday morning cartoon like SpongeBob is?

If I'm being honest, as much as I like SpongeBob, I'd much rather this movie be something closer to the former than the latter.

Saturday morning cartoons haven't even been a thing for some 20 years now. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby snavej » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:37 am

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
How could Stratosphere's general health have been neglected like that? Surely the Autobots have some medical knowledge? :-? I mean, they rebuilt Mirage quite quickly didn't they?
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:33 pm

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I'm fine with that.

Emerje

BE QUIET AND GET OFF MY LAWN!

...20 years....i haz the sadz...

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:00 pm

First-Aid wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I'm fine with that.

Emerje

BE QUIET AND GET OFF MY LAWN!

...20 years....i haz the sadz...
It's actually been only 9 years.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:41 pm

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote: It's actually been only 9 years.

It depends on where you are in the world, obviously.

Over here in Quebec, the true Saturday Mornings ended at the very least 25 years ago. :(

But the GOOD STUFF ended when I was around 10, meaning 36 years ago. Transformers, GI-Joe, Goldorak, Albator, Demetan, Astro Boy, He-Man, were all gone, replaced by some random crap or every single mother effing Disney shows. At least at the same time, Tiny Toons appeared.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby zko » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Got back from the movie and I have to agree with the little opener they put in the film with the director saying it's meant to be seen in theater... movie was my favorite of the series so far and ties in alot of the bayverse/bumblebee plotlines in a very cool way. Dont want to post too much spoiler stuff but Anthony Ramos really exceeded expectations and so did Pete Davidson, who I am admittedly a bit prejudiced against because of his real lifestyle and the way he jokes about his father dying etc.

The CGI was probably the cleanest looking on the big screen too, and the fears I had about the rap being overwhelming were unfounded as well as they put it in alot of places but it is well timed and thought out for the most part.

The ending with the big spoiler at the conclusion was WOW when main character goes to his next interview.

Can't wait to see where they go from here.
"Optimus never disappoints... unlike YOU Starscream!"
zko
Micromaster
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:51 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:

Over here in Quebec, the true Saturday Mornings ended at the very least 25 years ago. :(

But the GOOD STUFF ended when I was around 10, meaning 36 years ago. Transformers, GI-Joe, Goldorak, Albator, Demetan, Astro Boy, He-Man, were all gone, replaced by some random crap or every single mother effing Disney shows. At least at the same time, Tiny Toons appeared.

Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid tried to save cartoons in the 90s. OH, and Gargoyles.

As for the Disney shows, let's face it: they had the coolest themes. Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers...those themes rocked....

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 pm

First-Aid wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid tried to save cartoons in the 90s. OH, and Gargoyles.

As for the Disney shows, let's face it: they had the coolest themes. Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers...those themes rocked....
And I think we're forgetting to mention a very particular one from the 90s: BEAST WARS!!!

(it eventually aired on Saturday mornings when it reran on Fox Kids)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:BEAST WARS!!!

Can't say I'm familiar with that one... 8-} :lol:

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:57 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Airazor and I went for the first time tonight.

It was good! I would put it right with DotM as my favorite transformers movie.

I will talk more in the spoiler thread, but needless to say, Mirage, Primal, and Scourge were the standouts of the movie. And all 3 are fighting to be my new favorite movie characters
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 pm

It's that simple."
First-Aid wrote:

Me neither because at the time, the only way to watch that show was to pay premium for cable TV... and the only English I knew was the barebone basics from school.

I finally watched BW once I knew how to sail the Seven Seas on the net, and knew how to English years and years later.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:29 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

Me neither because at the time, the only way to watch that show was to pay premium for cable TV... and the only English I knew was the barebone basics from school.

I finally watched BW once I knew how to sail the Seven Seas on the net, and knew how to English years and years later.

Same, no way my parents were gonna get YTV. But we did go to the video store a lot and I rented the Beast Wars vhs tapes. Which means I was far better versed in season one than the following seasons.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Predictions for Rise of the Beasts' Opening Week-end Show it Might Come in Second to Spider-man

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:58 pm

The Transformers live action franchise has gone through a lot of ups and downs in the past 16 years. It was once a billion dollar box office champion, but as of late it is unclear if it can still get back to those glory days. While Bumblebee was a critical darling (the Rotten Tomatoe score has a higher percentage for critics liking it than fans), it didn't bring that much at the box office. That didn't matter as much since the film cost a lot less than previous Transformers movies but now, with Rise of the Beasts, the budget has literally doubled from 100M to 200M, so the Studio is expecting a big return. And it's unclear if they will get it.

It is not even clear if Rise of the Beasts will be the number one movie in the US during its opening week-end, with sites like Deadline reporting predictions of similar numbers in the 50M range for both Into the Spider-verse and Transformers Rise of the Beasts.

However, while Transformers Rise of the Beasts has tough competition in the US, Deadline also calculates that it will be the number 1 film worldwide, predicting 155M worldwide. While that number is big, this film needs to be front loaded due to it being sandwiched between Spider-Man and the Flash (well, more like Keaton's Batman), which is quite the coincidence since this happened with Bumblebee back in 2018 which also had to deal with the previous Spider-verse and a DC property (Aquaman). It's really up in the air though with big factors like word of mouth, and China's box office, that will determine if this film succeeds at the box office or not. You'll let us know what you think and we'll come back Sunday evening with the actual numbers to see how accurate these predictions were and who was the champion of the US box office.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Transformers Rise of the Beasts' Cinemascore Beats Several Recent Marvel Films

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:19 pm

While fans can loathe critic scores till the cows come home, they haven't shown to have much of an impact on box office success. For the Transformers franchise, it's even an inverse relation at times. And this can be said for the box office at large. A better predicter for success is Cinemascore. This is basically the equivalent to word of mouth but through standardized surveys. These have become almost binary even though they are on a gradient.

Basically, films with strong word of mouth get As and the ones that that don't have that get Bs and anything below is dead on arrival, when it comes to big budget films. Most Marvel films in the past have gotten at least an A-, but that changed in phase 4 where Eternals and the latest films from the Doctor Strange, Ant-man and Thor franchises have gotten a B+ or less. Well, Transformers Rise of the Beasts has scored an A- Cinemascore and that is excellent news. It beats out all those Marvel films we mentioned as well as The Last Knight which had a B+.

This was posted by the actual Cinemascore group on Twitter.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:42 am

It's that simple."
I went to see the movie yesterday but I was surprised to see that the room are barely 2/3 full. Granted, it was for the 4:30PM showing, but still.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:I went to see the movie yesterday but I was surprised to see that the room are barely 2/3 full. Granted, it was for the 4:30PM showing, but still.

My showing at 3:30 had 10 people total

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:37 am

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I went to see the movie yesterday but I was surprised to see that the room are barely 2/3 full. Granted, it was for the 4:30PM showing, but still.

Maybe the rooms are truly full at night after 6PM. :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Re: Transformers Rise of the Beasts' Cinemascore Beats Several Recent Marvel Films

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:46 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
william-james88 wrote:While fans can loathe critic scores till the cows come home, they haven't shown to have much of an impact on box office success. For the Transformers franchise, it's even an inverse relation at times. And this can be said for the box office at large. A better predicter for success is Cinemascore. This is basically the equivalent to word of mouth but through standardized surveys. These have become almost binary even though they are on a gradient.

Basically, films with strong word of mouth get As and the ones that that don't have that get Bs and anything below is dead on arrival, when it comes to big budget films. Most Marvel films in the past have gotten at least an A-, but that changed in phase 4 where Eternals and the latest films from the Doctor Strange, Ant-man and Thor franchises have gotten a B+ or less. Well, Transformers Rise of the Beasts has scored an A- Cinemascore and that is excellent news. It beats out all those Marvel films we mentioned as well as The Last Knight which had a B+.

This was posted by the actual Cinemascore group on Twitter.

This is solely my own armchair analysis but since I started reviewing movie toys with Age of Extinction, I have noticed a gradual but steady decline in interest as well as shorter windows of interest. As it is with ROTB, I'm not getting close to the views I did with Bumblebee movie toys which were far, far bellow TLK and AOE.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby FiddlerUndone » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:50 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Maybe the rooms are truly full at night after 6PM. :-?

I went to a 6:10 showing last night with two friends. It was just us and two other people. Looked like everyone was going to Across the Sipder-verse. I'm rural, maybe it's doing better in cities?
FiddlerUndone
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CON-PACKTOR Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League backpack 2019"
CON-PACKTOR Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLAT FLOUR FACE Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes rolling pin import"
FLAT FLOUR FACE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRIZZLE FRY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Swag Stylers 2019 hair dryer"
FRIZZLE FRY Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOTZEL Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades pretzel 2019"
KNOTZEL Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REBUGNANT Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 insect bug spray bottle"
REBUGNANT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINNYCAKE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks cupcake 2019 Hasbro"
MINNYCAKE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NANNY MCBAG Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots tote bag 2019 Hasbro"
NANNY MCBAG Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURRAY MURRAY Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020 3D glasses"
BLURRAY MURRAY Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL 149 pieces includes 2 Kreons Transformers Kre-o Building Toy Hasbro 2015"
PROWL 149 pieces i ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRIB WATCH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groupies baby monitor 2019"
CRIB WATCH Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POP-O THE CLOWN Transformers BotBots Series 3 Playroom Posse jack-in-box 2019"
POP-O THE CLOWN Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DISASTER MASTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020 tent"
DISASTER MASTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILTON Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 candy corn"
MILTON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON