This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers 7: Rise of the Beasts Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:24 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
FiddlerUndone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I went to see the movie yesterday but I was surprised to see that the room are barely 2/3 full. Granted, it was for the 4:30PM showing, but still.

My showing at 3:30 had 10 people total

Maybe the rooms are truly full at night after 6PM. :-?

I went to a 6:10 showing last night with two friends. It was just us and two other people. Looked like everyone was going to Across the Sipder-verse. I'm rural, maybe it's doing better in cities?
I saw the movie on Friday, June 9, at 6:15pm. The room was full of people. From annoying little kids to middle-aged beer-drinkers. Nearly every seat in the room was filled, and it was one of the building's larger theater rooms.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:12 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Theater occupation is always going to vary across locations, but man here in Denver , theaters were packed all weekend for the movie! Was going to see an early screening Wednesday but we were SOL. Saw it Friday in a full theater at 7:45, packed to the brim! Whether you like it or not, this film will undoubtedly have a net positive impact on the future of the franchise (I loved it too much, but that could’ve been the beer talking).
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby DeathReviews » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:15 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Well these days, “better than recent Marvel films” isn’t exactly shooting for the moon, is it? ;)
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
DeathReviews wrote:Well these days, “better than recent Marvel films” isn’t exactly shooting for the moon, is it? ;)

Ouch...
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
When I saw the movie Friday night, there were about 12 people total, but it was a 4:00 showing on a Friday in a small town.

I went yesterday at 6:00 in the city, sold out.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby TulioDude » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
My movie session was pretty full.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby crazyfist » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:48 pm

I went to an 11:00 am showing on Friday and there were only 6 people there. But I'm sure that was because kids were still in school and most people still at work. But it was just perfect. Didn't have to worry about a bunch of people talking or on their phones or just ruining the experience. I had a great time. Fun movie. Definitely top 3 for me. ;)^
crazyfist
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Theater occupation is always going to vary across locations, but man here in Denver , theaters were packed all weekend for the movie! Was going to see an early screening Wednesday but we were SOL. Saw it Friday in a full theater at 7:45, packed to the brim! Whether you like it or not, this film will undoubtedly have a net positive impact on the future of the franchise (I loved it too much, but that could’ve been the beer talking).

It definitely will, it will also make Primal a household name to kids, which is awesome. Working on a few articles at the moment, lots of good news and goodies coming your way.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Official Colouring and Activity Pages for Transformers Rise of the Beasts Free for You to Print

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:33 pm

We at Seibertron have some fun goodies for you. Hasbro sent out these colouring pages to retailers and we have scanned them for you to print out. They include a maze, an easy unscramble codeword puzzle and a colouring page of Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal. The film is getting great reactions from families so if any of your kids want some more Transformers Rise of the Beasts themed activities, here you go, enjoy!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby cloudballoon » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Why would I do the Rescue Maze puzzle if the bot at the Finish is Pablo? :-P

I shouldn't be too harsh on ROTB WJ though, seems like most people who saw the movie felt far less animity towards the character at the end. But I don't think I read anyone like him though.
cloudballoon
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:22 pm

Oh, the irony of the character people are nicknaming "Pablo" being the one who calls out another character in the movie for being racist. :P

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:47 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, the irony of the character people are nicknaming "Pablo" being the one who calls out another character in the movie for being racist. :P

""Racist?" Really? But they are robots..." :???:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:51 pm

crazyfist wrote:I went to an 11:00 am showing on Friday and there were only 6 people there. But I'm sure that was because kids were still in school and most people still at work. But it was just perfect. Didn't have to worry about a bunch of people talking or on their phones or just ruining the experience. I had a great time. Fun movie. Definitely top 3 for me. ;)^

Seems like a top 3 for most people, including myself. I just don't know if I'd place it above or below the 2007 film. This has more Transformers "stuff" in it, nut the 2007 film did a good job at presenting this world on a real setting. It's not the ideal format for a Transformers film but it's still a well realized vision.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:00 pm

.........Okay and the box-office?

Wow even I thought it would hit $100M this weekend domestically and then make a 60%-70% drop next weekend allowing Spiderverse to maintain the number 2 spot while Flash takes #1. Such is the way of studios that continue to make half-@ssed, poorly written action films surrounded by other possibly better action films this Summer... >:oP
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:53 pm

YoungPrime wrote:.........Okay and the box-office?

Wow even I thought it would hit $100M this weekend domestically and then make a 60%-70% drop next weekend allowing Spiderverse to maintain the number 2 spot while Flash takes #1. Such is the way of studios that continue to make half-@ssed, poorly written action films surrounded by other possibly better action films this Summer... >:oP

Wasn't even close to that. But at lest it beat out Spider-verse which was 50/50

william-james88
News Staff

Postby First-Aid » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:04 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:.........Okay and the box-office?

Wasn't even close to that. But at lest it beat out Spider-verse which was 50/50

Frankly Hasbro was screwed by this movie placement. If this were separated from either Spider-man or The Flash by a couple weeks, I think there would be a huge difference and it WOULD have hit $100 million domestic. As it is, sounds like the global is in the neighborhood of $150 mill. They should have gone with memorial day weekend or the week before if they wanted better box office domestically.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Rise of the Beasts Exceeds Box Office Expectations as Number 1 Film Domestically and Internationally

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:21 pm

It was a tight race but Transformers has claimed the number 1 box office spot for this week-end, both domestically and internationally. Domestically, it got 60 Million dollars compared to Spider-verse's 55 Million. However, it should be stated that Spider-verse outperformed Transformers during the actual week-end. The reason why Transformers ends up on top is due to the earlier showings during the week. The film also made 110 Million internationally (so everywhere other than the US and Canada) which gives it 170 Million in total. Also please note that it made 40 M in China showing that it's still a big market for the brand (however, Paramount/Hasbro see only 25% of revenue from Chinese theatres).

While these numbers aren't amazing as they once were, remember that Dark of the Moon opened to 97 M domestically, the numbers do show that whatever stain there may have been in the past which lead to disappointing returns for The Last Knight and Bumblebee might be in the past. The domestic numbers are 3 times what they were for Bumblebee 5 years ago, proving that there is still a a demand from these films, and not just from fans. The reason these numbers surpass industry estimates is due to the higher number of tickets that were bought on the spot in proportion to presale tickets (which are largely purchased by fans), when compared to Super-hero movies. This means that Transformers really is in a league of its own, appealing to general movie goers rather than simply being backed by a big fanbase. And that happens to be exactly what Paramount was going for, with it's vague sense of continuity and choosing to not distance themselves too much from familiarity and the live action movie brand and aesthetic.

Another really important point is that the diversity angle did pay off. The film did heavily market its inclusion of people of colour and the breakdown of ticket sales shows that, domestically, it was people identifying as Hispanic which made up the largest viewership. This has never happened before for a Transformers film. Here is a full breakdown:

32% Hispanic
31% Caucasian
21% Black
16% Asian/Other

While this is all good news, no one can predict how the Flash will perform next week. Next week's box office performance will let us have a better idea of how strong this film's box gross can be and we'll keep you up to date on it.

william-james88
News Staff

Transformers Rise of the Beasts Rumoured to be Released Digitally July 11th

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:33 pm

There's honestly not much more to it than the headline. The Hollywood Handle tweeted the following:

‘TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS’ is set to release on digital platforms on July 11

That has not been confirmed by the studio yet, and we do not know if it will be available globally or just in some markets on that day. We'll let you know when we have more info.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Dr. Caelus » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:44 pm

[Quick to streaming] would be great news. Kiddo keeps saying he wants to see it, but I think it's more than he can handle in a theater. Slow to start (by 4yo standards) and I think Airazor's subplot will freak him the hell out. I'll need that pause button ready.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Re: Transformers Rise of the Beasts Rumoured to be Released Digitally July 11th

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:14 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
william-james88 wrote:There's honestly not much more to it than the headline. [urlhttps://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1668087994857709568?t=Mn9vR5P3kIaCbuJwsa4ZVg&s=19]The Hollywood Handle[/url] tweeted the following:

‘TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS’ is set to release on digital platforms on July 11

That has not been confirmed by the studio yet, and we do not know if it will be available globally or just in some markets on that day. We'll let you know when we have more info.

Heads up, your link is broken.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Re: Transformers Rise of the Beasts Rumoured to be Released Digitally July 11th

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:15 am

King Kuuga wrote:
william-james88 wrote:There's honestly not much more to it than the headline. [urlhttps://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1668087994857709568?t=Mn9vR5P3kIaCbuJwsa4ZVg&s=19]The Hollywood Handle[/url] tweeted the following:

Heads up, your link is broken.

Thanks, fixed it

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Zordon » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:13 am

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
It will be like how Super Mario Bros is out now to rent or buy in UK from the sky store. Think that film is £16.99 to rent or £19.99 to buy and then will be streaming for free in the paramount app just in time for Christmas. Think they did that with Top Gun: Maverick also
Zordon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Courage: 9

Postby muddyjoe » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:02 am

Post-Disney Marvel is straight-up garbage that doubles down way too hard on goofy comedy. Compare what's come out lately to the first Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and even The Incredible Hulk movie and it's just no contest.
muddyjoe
Mini-Con

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:25 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
muddyjoe wrote:Post-Disney Marvel is straight-up garbage that doubles down way too hard on goofy comedy. Compare what's come out lately to the first Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and even The Incredible Hulk movie and it's just no contest.

Thor and Captain America 1 were both produced after Disney purchased Marvel.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Courage: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:38 am

King Kuuga wrote:
muddyjoe wrote:Post-Disney Marvel is straight-up garbage that doubles down way too hard on goofy comedy. Compare what's come out lately to the first Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and even The Incredible Hulk movie and it's just no contest.

Thor and Captain America 1 were both produced after Disney purchased Marvel.
And since Iron Man 2 was produced during the Disney purchase, that means Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk were the only two MCU films produced and released completely before Disney bought Marvel.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BACKSTOP Transformers Cybertron Scout complete Hasbro 2005 220813A"
BACKSTOP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor 230805A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LANDMINE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dr94 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
LANDMINE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON