Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Skids continues to look really cool. He looks like he will go perfectly with my MP-12. He's got the right detail and the non-cartoony look to him, I love it. I'm excited for him!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 20676
News Credits: 1542
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
According to this article, MP Skids was designed by none other than Kōjin Ōno, the original designer of many Diaclone and Microman toys, including the original G1 Skids mold.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:51 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12679
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny, except unironically."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image

Yeah, Skids was meant to be a "Kei car"- a very, very small car meant for cities and the like. In his incredibly few appearances in the cartoon this got mangled as him being a van for...some ridiculous reason. Not even a stylistic choice like penny-racer Bumblebee, they straight up bungled his character model.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5201
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:01 am

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image
I know. That's my point. I know his G1 toy was a car, but in media wasn't he portrayed as a van? I know in the G1 comic he was, I don't remember him in the cartoon.
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12679
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:08 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image
I know. That's my point. I know his G1 toy was a car, but in media wasn't he portrayed as a van? I know in the G1 comic he was, I don't remember him in the cartoon.


As a mini-van, yes, a new concept at the time in 1984. The concept of a sub-compact car was (literally) unheard of. About finding him in the cartoon, he appeared in two episodes and minor roles at that: Quest for Survival and Triple Takeover. His lack of proper appearances in the cartoon would get referenced in the Transformers Legends manga :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18329
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby sol magnus » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image
I know. That's my point. I know his G1 toy was a car, but in media wasn't he portrayed as a van? I know in the G1 comic he was, I don't remember him in the cartoon.


As a mini-van, yes, a new concept at the time in 1984. The concept of a sub-compact car was (literally) unheard of. About finding him in the cartoon, he appeared in two episodes and minor roles at that: Quest for Survival and Triple Takeover. His lack of proper appearances in the cartoon would get referenced in the Transformers Legends manga :lol:

He's not even in the commercial that introduced ALL the 1985 Autobot cars.
'Til All Are One.

We got people around here talking about the left and 1984 like this didn't happen:

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." - Individual-1

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

‘ “We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”’ George Orwell, 1984
User avatar
sol magnus
Godmaster
Posts: 1549
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
sol magnus wrote:He's not even in the commercial that introduced ALL the 1985 Autobot cars.
Because he's actually a late-1984 Autobot Car:
Skids had a somewhat odd release history: Because he was not one of the original eleven Autobot Cars released at the line's inception, he is commonly grouped in with the later 1985 Autobot Cars both fictionally and in the minds of fans. However, Skids was actually added to the 1984 Autobot Cars assortment (taking the place of a second Mirage in a case of twelve) very late in the year (December 1984 is the current earliest confirmed availability of the figure), during which time he came in 1984 packaging including a ™ mark by the "Transformers" logo, rather than an ® mark. Like the other 1984 cars, at least some of these early Skids releases lacked the rubsign on the roof that would later be added to all Transformers toys in 1985.[1] Presumably due to this early release, he got the short end of the stick in 1985: That year, the "Autobot Cars" price point was divided into two separate assortments, each of which contained six of the figures that had debuted in 1984 (packaged one per case in a case of 12) and three of the new figures that debuted in 1985 (packaged two per case). Since Hasbro apparently considered Skids a 1984 release, he ended up being packaged only one per case, thus making him somewhat more rare than his peers.
As Skids was released in the interim between the original 1984 launch and the big push of new 1985 figures, the character consequently fell by the wayside in the Generation 1 fiction of the 1980s. He was not included in the commercial promoting the new 1985 range of Autobot Cars, as he wasn't technically part of it. Similarly, he was also left out of the list of new 1985 product in the Generation 1 cartoon's production bible intended for inclusion in the show's second season, and as such, only managed to appear in little more than cameo roles in just two episodes, speaking one line in each and voiced by a different actor each time. He fared a little better in the Marvel comics, debuting alongside (an incomplete roster of) the other 1985 cars, but after getting an issue dedicated to himself, he all but completely vanished from the book and was banished to limbo by the UK comic for upwards of 100 issues, abandoned and forgotten.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby sol magnus » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
sol magnus wrote:He's not even in the commercial that introduced ALL the 1985 Autobot cars.
Because he's actually a late-1984 Autobot Car:
Skids had a somewhat odd release history: Because he was not one of the original eleven Autobot Cars released at the line's inception, he is commonly grouped in with the later 1985 Autobot Cars both fictionally and in the minds of fans. However, Skids was actually added to the 1984 Autobot Cars assortment (taking the place of a second Mirage in a case of twelve) very late in the year (December 1984 is the current earliest confirmed availability of the figure), during which time he came in 1984 packaging including a ™ mark by the "Transformers" logo, rather than an ® mark. Like the other 1984 cars, at least some of these early Skids releases lacked the rubsign on the roof that would later be added to all Transformers toys in 1985.[1] Presumably due to this early release, he got the short end of the stick in 1985: That year, the "Autobot Cars" price point was divided into two separate assortments, each of which contained six of the figures that had debuted in 1984 (packaged one per case in a case of 12) and three of the new figures that debuted in 1985 (packaged two per case). Since Hasbro apparently considered Skids a 1984 release, he ended up being packaged only one per case, thus making him somewhat more rare than his peers.
As Skids was released in the interim between the original 1984 launch and the big push of new 1985 figures, the character consequently fell by the wayside in the Generation 1 fiction of the 1980s. He was not included in the commercial promoting the new 1985 range of Autobot Cars, as he wasn't technically part of it. Similarly, he was also left out of the list of new 1985 product in the Generation 1 cartoon's production bible intended for inclusion in the show's second season, and as such, only managed to appear in little more than cameo roles in just two episodes, speaking one line in each and voiced by a different actor each time. He fared a little better in the Marvel comics, debuting alongside (an incomplete roster of) the other 1985 cars, but after getting an issue dedicated to himself, he all but completely vanished from the book and was banished to limbo by the UK comic for upwards of 100 issues, abandoned and forgotten.

Nice trivia. Skids is so abandoned I couldn't be bothered to read his TFwiki bio. For his neglect all these years they should have put in WFC, but I'm sure they don't think of it that way.
'Til All Are One.

We got people around here talking about the left and 1984 like this didn't happen:

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." - Individual-1

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

‘ “We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”’ George Orwell, 1984
User avatar
sol magnus
Godmaster
Posts: 1549
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
sol magnus wrote:Nice trivia. Skids is so abandoned I couldn't be bothered to read his TFwiki bio. For his neglect all these years they should have put in WFC, but I'm sure they don't think of it that way.


If you bring up his name I'm pretty sure they're gonna think of the one that nobody wants to talk about. :roll:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18329
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Nice trivia. Skids is so abandoned I couldn't be bothered to read his TFwiki bio. For his neglect all these years they should have put in WFC, but I'm sure they don't think of it that way.


If you bring up his name I'm pretty sure they're gonna think of the one that nobody wants to talk about. :roll:
All the more reason to put the spotlight on the G1 character. Even though there was nothing wrong with the Bayverse version. >:oP
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12679
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Nice trivia. Skids is so abandoned I couldn't be bothered to read his TFwiki bio. For his neglect all these years they should have put in WFC, but I'm sure they don't think of it that way.


If you bring up his name I'm pretty sure they're gonna think of the one that nobody wants to talk about. :roll:
All the more reason to put the spotlight on the G1 character. Even though there was nothing wrong with the Bayverse version. >:oP
Meh, I liked Skid-Z the best. He was quirky.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:32 pm

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Nice trivia. Skids is so abandoned I couldn't be bothered to read his TFwiki bio. For his neglect all these years they should have put in WFC, but I'm sure they don't think of it that way.


If you bring up his name I'm pretty sure they're gonna think of the one that nobody wants to talk about. :roll:
All the more reason to put the spotlight on the G1 character. Even though there was nothing wrong with the Bayverse version. >:oP
Meh, I liked Skid-Z the best. He was quirky.
I always used to confuse him with Mirage.
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12679
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Spartron » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:31 am

Evil Eye wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So his alt mode is going to be a hatchback even though he was a van?
The Honda City Turbo is a subcompact car, not a van.

Image

Yeah, Skids was meant to be a "Kei car"- a very, very small car meant for cities and the like. In his incredibly few appearances in the cartoon this got mangled as him being a van for...some ridiculous reason. Not even a stylistic choice like penny-racer Bumblebee, they straight up bungled his character model.



I wonder what the scale is going to be. Is he going to be like MP-21 Bumblebee?
Spartron
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Skids and... someone else (not Crosscut):

https://twitter.com/UNOYUKI07153/status/1375094264175099911

Image

The text make multiple mentions of リブースト ("Reboost"), so that could be its name. We'll have to wait and see.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34995
News Credits: 374
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Huh, another Diaclone deco given life. That's the final one we may get, the last one is too similar:

Image
Crosscut, Skids, Burn Out, unnamed, "Reboost"

Tho... I can see TakaraTomy being cheeky and have "Reboost" come with a red Skids head to switch out and extra stickers. :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18329
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:42 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Man it looks good, I really hope it's not overly complicated like the last few MPs have been.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6598
News Credits: 252
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

New Image Of Masterpiece Skids, And Reveal Of Red Redeco

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user Sabrblade has pointed us in the direction of twitter user @UNOYUKIN07153 who has tweeted what looks like excerpts from an upcoming issue of Figure King Magazine (Same source as these Rodimus Prime images).

This time, it shows the upcoming Masterpiece Skids, alongside a previously unknown redeco of the figure!

Image

The red figure seems to be reference to a colour scheme that the toy, that would become Skids, had in one of his Diaclone releases.

Sabrblade points out that the word "Reboost" appears a few times in the accompanying text, but it's unknown a this junction if that is the name that will be given to this release.

What do you think of this new reveal? Looking forward to seeing Skids on your shelf?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12272
News Credits: 1006
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Betenoire » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:54 pm

The Red one looks like a GT-R Convoy variant.
Betenoire
Mini-Con
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Betenoire wrote:The Red one looks like a GT-R Convoy variant.


Just what I was thinking. But his silver repaint (crosscut) but the e-hobby g1 and generations version had this headsculpt. just the colors that make it seem like Prime

Image
Transformers Generations Crosscut Gallery
Image
User avatar
Immortal Starscream
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 923
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
Should have made the repaint white and blue with a new head and called it MP Armada Red Alert.
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12679
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Brutal brawl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Mudflap?
Brutal brawl
Mini-Con
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Re: Masterpiece Skids is Coming in 2021

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I'll pick him up regardless, but shouldn't Skids' thighs be silver? None of his toys nor any media has him with completely blue legs like this.

I also don't see any logo (except Honda) on "Reboost"....I wonder if she/he will possibly be branded a Decepticon?
User avatar
Bounti76
News Staff
Posts: 1295
News Credits: 303
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Kup MOCB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots 12" SALVAGE the GarBAGE Truck figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TITANS RETURN Voyager Class Astrotrain Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "SKY LYNX- 1986 Vintage G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY HASBRO TRANSFORMERS WFC NETFLIX HOTLINK HEATSTROKE & HEARTBURN " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE W/ UPGRADE KIT! Loose, Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Sky Lynx Right Front Leg Lot" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COLLECTOR CLUB FISITRON TIMELINES 2011 Bot-Con RARE" on EBAY