This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Monopoly Games Discussion Thread

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Transformers Monopoly Games Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:50 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
If I find it here in the US, I'm getting it.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I have the first TF Monopoly from 2007, and it is a great set, and fun to play, still has the old style cards and original rules (mostly). There have been a couple different TF sets since then, none of which interest me, but THIS ONE does. It pretty much has the 1996 look and feel all over it, I'd definitely get when I can.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:05 am

I really like the look of this, especially the retro box, but I just can't stand that it's the smaller board with less spaces than traditional Monopoly.
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby TOO MUCH ENERGON! » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:39 pm

Motto: ""Cheetor says some Cheetor bullshit.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
The box art is pretty much the same as the Beast Wars Mutating Card Game from 1997.

I’m one hundo percent all over this when it’s available in Canada.
TOO MUCH ENERGON!
Minibot
Watch TOO MUCH ENERGON! on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panther
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby MaximalNui » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:18 am

I'm very glad... but also a bit confused about this.

On the one hand, Beast Wars was what introduced me to the franchise, and I still believe it's one of the best Transformers cartoons ever even despite its age, so I'm always glad when it gets some love and recognition (especially given the last decade, with Hasbro completely forgetting the 20th-year anniversary and leaving Takara and FunPub to pick up the slack). And using the original boxart is certainly an unusual but very pleasant surprise; makes it feel more like a celebration of the line as a whole instead of just the cartoon.

On the other, though, my slightly OCD side kinda has to ask... why? The last milestone celebration was last year; wouldn't it make sense to release it then, or in another 5 years for the 30th anniversary? If it's to raise interest in RoTB, why not use the movie designs? It just doesn't make much sense marketing-wise to me.

Does this mean we should expect other continuities to get their own Monopoly games, like UT or Aligned?
MaximalNui
Fuzor

Better Look at Tokens and Cards in Beast Wars Monopoly Game

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:46 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Thanks to a listing from Toysnowman, we have a better look at the Beast Wars Monopoly set. We can see the tokens really well and discern some cool details. Dinobot, for instance, seems to have the robot mode based on the Masterpiece toy. And the cards refer to moments from the show. It is $70 CAD. Below is a product description with images.

Monopoly - Beast Wars: Transformers Edition Board Game

It’s Maximals vs. Predacons in a battle for the Golden Disk! The Monopoly: Transformers Beast Wars Edition board game for kids ages 8 and up is a must for Transformers fans. This 2-6 player game features gameplay inspired by the Transformers universe and iconic Transformers artwork.

Race to take control of key locations and powerful spaceships, obtain Stasis Pods, and wield the Golden Disk! Properties include Bio-Dome, The Ark, and Floating Mountain, and instead of houses and hotels, this edition features Energon cubes and Energon crystals. The player with the most Energon wins the game!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:32 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So, Beast Wars Season one had 14 characters. This game has 14 pieces. Only seven are deemed worthy of being included. The Predacons being represented by just three of those...

"Something feels amiss?" As Dinobot would say.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So, Beast Wars Season one had 14 characters. This game has 14 pieces. Only seven are deemed worthy of being included. The Predacons being represented by just three of those...

"Something feels amiss?" As Dinobot would say.

Really it's only 7 tokens (which is about right for a monopoly game if I recall correctly) as they're only doubled to show off alt modes. So it's only 4 Maximals vs 3 predacons. Which isn't a big deal? I mean playing this game you're going to be at most 4 players, so you're not all going to be the same faction, especially with card effects being different.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:03 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
The numbers don't really matter so much as the selection. No Rhinox...

I would have bought the thing for the little pewter figures alone. If they had been characters I had interest in.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm sure this has come up before, but is it Toys Now, Man or Toy Snowman? Maybe it's the Canuck in me, but I always read it as Snowman...
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
MeGrimlock78 wrote:I'm sure this has come up before, but is it Toys Now, Man or Toy Snowman? Maybe it's the Canuck in me, but I always read it as Snowman...

It becomes pretty obvious when you go to the site and see their logo.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Autobot_Benz » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Motto: "What is the point of growing up if you can't act childish sometimes"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Got my Monopoly Set today through Deep Discount on Walmart's website

Autobot_Benz
Minibot
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 OCT210414 5RI (CA) Byrne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210455 1A (CA) Nord"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210502 29B (CA) Su (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231010J"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0923IM460 2E (CA) Reilly (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 2RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON