This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Studio Series 86 Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Studio Series 86 Discussion

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Anything to not have to cavort with Bayverse fans who think their crap don't stink.

Or the raging geewunners that think the same.

As a fan of both, I would generally prefer just 1 thread. But I'll gladly deal with 2 threads if it avoids pointless snipes like that above at those with different collection habits like the ultra G1 fans and the ultra bayverse fans.

Believe it or not, some of us like it all.

What 'raging geewunners'?

You call that a snipe but look at Linuawhatever's last few posts. Yes, I'm pissed off about it, but what I said stands.

The only insults I've seen thrown around here recently are from certsin people in the Studio Series thread talking about "man-children" being appeased by Hasbro's business decisions depriving them of some figure they want as if it's 'our' fault and comments on Studio Series 86 products being spam because it's not what they wamt to discuss, in a half-assed attempt to belittle the G1 crowd.

As I said in the other thread - I've no fight with Bayverse figures or their collectors. I have owned some of everything. I sold off my Bayverse guys, but I was perfectly fine plunking my cash down on them when I did. I just decided I'd rather focus my collection on the version of the franchise that brings me the most enjoyment, which just happens to be the original stuff. And I don't think that's at the expense of Bayverse fans, but the reverse definitely does not appear to be true.

I think there's enough to disagree on without hitting other members of the fandom. I think Armada and it's outlying suburbs are kiddie and only purchase a few 'universally cool' figures, but I don't begrudge the people who grew up with that version of the franchise, because that's their memories. I've even said I like it when they integrate those characters into "G1" because it makes the franchise a bigger sandbox for everybody. If there's integration of that kind in the next toyline, I will certainly partake.
Last edited by sol magnus on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I know he won't appear in the Studio Series '86 line, but I hope we get a repaint of Jazz as Ricochet (aka, Stepper) sooner rather than later, to go with the rumored upcoming Artfire redeco of Kingdom G1 Inferno. I hope we get a couple of redecoed Battle Masters to go with them too as their G1 Targetmaster partners. Even if Hasbro intends not to use any "Studio Series" molds in the "Generations Selects" line, there's always those Amazon.com special multi-packs and offshoots like the "Galactic Odyssey Collection" or rumored "Golden Disk Collection."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Anything to not have to cavort with Bayverse fans who think their crap don't stink.

As a fan of both, I would generally prefer just 1 thread. But I'll gladly deal with 2 threads if it avoids pointless snipes like that above at those with different collection habits like the ultra G1 fans and the ultra bayverse fans.

I don't have stats, and I'm not the overseer of all posts on the topic.
But in the years that I've spent reading and participating in threads, the "geewunners" haven't seemed to be the aggressors between the two series... In fact, it seems to be lop-sided the other way.

It reminds me very much of a recent post about the "brutal mistake" of G1 characters being added to the SS line.
As frustrating as it may be, blaming the fandom, collectors, and even the geewunners, is pointless.
to be real honest, it comes off as a 7 yr old kid whining that their 17 yr old sibling has a later bedtime...
Sure, one's preferences are one's right... But to expect a company to do anything other than what makes profit, not to mention, to do much outside of what they've figured out a substantial portion of their cliental want... That... That seems like... I don't know... Immaturity? Selfishness?

There are reasons; real, legit reasons Hastak has clung to G1 characters.
Which are probably the same reasons other TF series have not been given as much attention as some would like.
I'll also say, for a lot of these recent figures, especially in the SS86 line...
"screen accuracy" IS the "gimmick". And it's probably the best gimmick they've ever come up with.

I truly hope we get some substantiated word as to how these lines have sold. Because the only shelf/peg-warmers I've seen in the last 6 months have been Cyberverse stuff and Siege Leader Shockwave (and I have seen 3 Kingdom Arcee's the last 3 times I've been in Target).
I find it difficult to believe that any of the six currently available SS86 figures will ever be known as shelf/peg warmers.

TF-fan Kev777, my response is definitely not directed at you. I'm just sharing my thoughts.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Sowndwave76 wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

I don't have stats, and I'm not the overseer of all posts on the topic.
But in the years that I've spent reading and participating in threads, the "geewunners" haven't seemed to be the aggressors between the two series... In fact, it seems to be lop-sided the other way.

It reminds me very much of a recent post about the "brutal mistake" of G1 characters being added to the SS line.
As frustrating as it may be, blaming the fandom, collectors, and even the geewunners, is pointless.
to be real honest, it comes off as a 7 yr old kid whining that their 17 yr old sibling has a later bedtime...
Sure, one's preferences are one's right... But to expect a company to do anything other than what makes profit, not to mention, to do much outside of what they've figured out a substantial portion of their cliental want... That... That seems like... I don't know... Immaturity? Selfishness?

There are reasons; real, legit reasons Hastak has clung to G1 characters.
Which are probably the same reasons other TF series have not been given as much attention as some would like.
I'll also say, for a lot of these recent figures, especially in the SS86 line...
"screen accuracy" IS the "gimmick". And it's probably the best gimmick they've ever come up with.

I truly hope we get some substantiated word as to how these lines have sold. Because the only shelf/peg-warmers I've seen in the last 6 months have been Cyberverse stuff and Siege Leader Shockwave (and I have seen 3 Kingdom Arcee's the last 3 times I've been in Target).
I find it difficult to believe that any of the six currently available SS86 figures will ever be known as shelf/peg warmers.

TF-fan Kev777, my response is definitely not directed at you. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

No worries, in fact, I do agree with most of what you and even sol magnus have indicated. Raging gewunners was a bit of an overkill, and none are really raging. But I can also have some sympathy for those who really are only into the studio series line and can definitely understand their frustration, that appears to be where many "geewunners" fall short.

I can even understand when lead to D-Max's post in the first place.

Imagine if you were really into the live movie line. Since SS Devastator was released in October, there have been only 4 new live movie bots released (2 of them retools/redecos), Bee in Jan/Feb under the buzzworthy bee heading and just this month Starscream, B-127 and Dino. You find one and want to come on one of your favorite sites and discuss it. You make a post and then someone finds the leaked photo of Slag and posts it next.

Nobody even sees or responds to your post about Dino because 3 whole pages of discussion on Slag and the rest of the G1 dinobots immediately followed.

The live movies fans have been essentially displaced from the only forum they were really part of.

Hasbro created the mess by their completely disorganized approach to WFC, its just unfortunate that those fans of the live movies are catching the brunt of it.

That is why I'm happy to have a split thread. While I certainly want to talk about G1 stuff, I also want to talk about live movie bots as well. A single thread and the relative numbers basically squeezed out the movie line discussion completely.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Emerje » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeroWolf wrote:Wouldn't the two posts by practically identical though? That seems more of a waste and a bore for the readers when they can get the same information in just one post. There's plenty to news without resorting to filler

Why would they be identical? One would be on the SS figure, one would be on the SS86 figure with no overlap. We have a lot of news posts about single figures, many are just on a single figure's sighting in a store in the middle of nowhere. Not to get too behind the scenes, but as writers we have two important jobs: report news/create content and make money for the site. More articles = more eyes on ads = more money for Seibertron. When a golden opportunity appears like this to get an extra article out we should be jumping on it, not trying to figure out a way to avoid it. Especially true when it sounds like that's what our community is asking for.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the new images of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (and Daniel), Facebook page, DaimChocReports, has shared more new images!

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, for sharing this news with us.

The true source of these pictures is unknown at this juncture, but if you know (or are) the true source then let us know so we can credit you appropriately.

These latest images show a better comparison with the already released, Leader Class Grimlock, and a look inside the Dinobots mouth to see his trademark flamethrowers (which look yo be blast effect compatible).

What do you think of these new images? Will you be having this Dinobot politely stepping on Quintesson followers?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:16 pm

Okay, so the question on how the tail would look without the gun has been answered, it won't look good, but not a deal breaker by any means for me.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
No worries, in fact, I do agree with most of what you and even sol magnus have indicated. Raging gewunners was a bit of an overkill, and none are really raging. But I can also have some sympathy for those who really are only into the studio series line and can definitely understand their frustration, that appears to be where many "geewunners" fall short.

I can even understand when lead to D-Max's post in the first place.

Imagine if you were really into the live movie line. Since SS Devastator was released in October, there have been only 4 new live movie bots released (2 of them retools/redecos), Bee in Jan/Feb under the buzzworthy bee heading and just this month Starscream, B-127 and Dino. You find one and want to come on one of your favorite sites and discuss it. You make a post and then someone finds the leaked photo of Slag and posts it next.

Nobody even sees or responds to your post about Dino because 3 whole pages of discussion on Slag and the rest of the G1 dinobots immediately followed.

The live movies fans have been essentially displaced from the only forum they were really part of.

Hasbro created the mess by their completely disorganized approach to WFC, its just unfortunate that those fans of the live movies are catching the brunt of it.

That is why I'm happy to have a split thread. While I certainly want to talk about G1 stuff, I also want to talk about live movie bots as well. A single thread and the relative numbers basically squeezed out the movie line discussion completely.

Don't get me wrong... There are legit frustrations for movie figure fans. No doubt about it.
I'm sure some may have felt displaced from that thread, but it was more that it was a larger channel if you will... There were plenty of back and forth posts in terms of line, figures, etc.
And with what was one thread, what did people expect? It definitely speaks pretty loudly that there would be 3+ pages of people wanting to talk about a leader class show-styled G1 Dinobot...
Because here's what people tend to forget or at least overlook-- it's been 30+ years since some of us have been waiting for a figures of this calibur for Grimlock, Slag, and the other Dinobots. Not everyone had original G1 toys of these characters. The previous versions now look pretty mehhh compared to these in SS86, especially the Classics Grimlock... Which was the only really updated Dinobot before PotP (I don't count TF Animated as updates).
Besides it being 4 years since PotP, obviously Hastak thought this was a good idea. Also, a BETTER idea than completing which ever movie lines are still incomplete.
I guess I'm saying complaining about the old thread is one thing. Complaining about not getting movie figures soon enough... We could all complain about not getting certain figures soon enough.
But why???

From these new images of Slag--
Imo the shoulders are a bit wide, even considering his height... He is one broad bot.
What's more unfortunate to me is that the tail does look incomplete without the gun placed under/at the end. Wish they would've figured out how to attach that on the underside and just finish out the tail properly.
The faux chest piece doesn't bother me one bit... The dino jaw hinging down and being that piece would've looked silly to the point of stupid. I know plenty of people hate this aspect of a figure, but to me it's more than worth it.
Does look like there is a blast effects peg in the back of the mouth and at the end of the gun.
Daniel will stay in the box. But oh well, Slag is so worth it to me.

Overall these just get me more excited for this figure and the rest of them.
Hastak has gained a lot of my confidence that the other 3 will be done really well.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Slag look beefy, powerful, and AS BIG AS GRIMLOCK!
About time! :APPLAUSE:

Let's hope the rest of the Dinobots will follow quickly enough. Meaning, having all five in around a year.

Seeing that the Wheelie accessory (yes, accessory. Not a figure. [-( ) is included with him, I wonder if they will repaint/retool that thing into a wide variety of characters or things to go with the other Dinobots? And if yes, who or what will they be? One Sam for sure, but the rest? :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the new images of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (and Daniel), Facebook page, DaimChocReports, has shared more new images!

The true source of these pictures is unknown at this juncture, but if you know (or are) the true source then let us know so we can credit you appropriately.

These latest images show a better comparison with the already released, Leader Class Grimlock, and a look inside the Dinobots mouth to see his trademark flamethrowers (which look yo be blast effect compatible).

What do you think of these new images? Will you be having this Dinobot politely stepping on Quintesson followers?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

He looks like he's a tad shorter, so Rodimus Prime should be happy!
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:I know he won't appear in the Studio Series '86 line, but I hope we get a repaint of Jazz as Ricochet (aka, Stepper) sooner rather than later, to go with the rumored upcoming Artfire redeco of Kingdom G1 Inferno. I hope we get a couple of redecoed Battle Masters to go with them too as their G1 Targetmaster partners. Even if Hasbro intends not to use any "Studio Series" molds in the "Generations Selects" line, there's always those Amazon.com special multi-packs and offshoots like the "Galactic Odyssey Collection" or rumored "Golden Disk Collection."

I don't see why Studio Series couldn't be in Generations Selects if Shattered Glass Blurr is a direct repaint/retool of Studio Series Blurr. I love the Battlemaster idea, too. I didn't get the original Ricochet because I think one PotP Jazz is honestly one too many and I have that one, but it seems to me now would be a better time to put Stepper out if they're going to do an Artfire - question is will they double dip on Ricochet/Stepper?
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby aronjlove » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Shattered Glass Blurr is a surprise but I wish it was SG Rodimus instead. Slag looks freaking awesome and he has his flamethrower tongue which is extra nice.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:I know he won't appear in the Studio Series '86 line, but I hope we get a repaint of Jazz as Ricochet (aka, Stepper) sooner rather than later, to go with the rumored upcoming Artfire redeco of Kingdom G1 Inferno. I hope we get a couple of redecoed Battle Masters to go with them too as their G1 Targetmaster partners. Even if Hasbro intends not to use any "Studio Series" molds in the "Generations Selects" line, there's always those Amazon.com special multi-packs and offshoots like the "Galactic Odyssey Collection" or rumored "Golden Disk Collection."

I definitely see them released as a two-pack, just makes sense as it would make Hauler perfect for a single release. I really hope we get a new Targetmaster mold for them that matches the G1 Targetmaster better or just re-re-re-release the old Nightstick mold from Classics, I think the head can peg into the wrist post on the Artfire mold.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:23 pm

sol magnus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the new images of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (and Daniel), Facebook page, DaimChocReports, has shared more new images!

He looks like he's a tad shorter, so Rodimus Prime should be happy!

I think Slag has been posed in a wider stance...
I think he’s just as tall as Grimlock.
Which I’m more than okay with!!!!
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
OK. I am going to start this post with an apology.

Soundwave76 and Sol Magnus, I am sorry for my outburst earlier this week. I really am. That was an airing of dirty laundry from my time as a staff member that was held for a while and aggravated by time. I am sorry you both ended up taking the brunt of that. I was not trying to attack either of you.

That said, TF-fan kev777 is right about the movie fans. I will tell you this, and it might not be something either of you know since you don't venture into movie threads a lot, but there used to be a lot more of us. There are 3 prominent members to be that used to post here all the time and are still pretty good friends with me on social media. The reason they left was the unwelcome atmosphere to movie fans. The most prominent guy was responsible for at least 5-7 posts a day for a good while, before he was attacked for his views on both some TLK toys and some first year SS figures. He left because he finally got tired of defending the bots and movies he loved.

I personally endured a lot of vitriol when I joined this site as a movie fan, and endured similar things in other transformers sites and social media pages as well. I have stayed where a lot of others have left, and i would lie if I said that that experience and the experience of others I consider friends have left me a bit bitter.

There are not that many of us movie fans left on this site. And those that are, we are the vocal ones because we have tried so hard to stay and still enjoy things here. "attacks" by live action fans may seem disproportionate now, but that's because others AKA movie-haters have already basically chased the rest away.

And honestly, when the one real thread you have left is basically taken over by non-movie fans, it is disheartening. They may be one line, but it took away a lot of what was left for live action fans.

I don't hate G1. I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy toys from all ages of the fandom. But when you are on such a long straight stretch of G1, some of us who did not grow up with it are right and proper burned out. I have preached something new or at least a celebration of different eras, which Kingdom has finally given, but still kept the same G1 output. It isn't solving that burnout issue. And I don't want to be burned out on Transformers.

All that said, to Slag: he just seems too wide and too red. I wish the dino jaw actually became the chest, like Kingdom Rhinox that feels like a cheat with how simple that should be honestly. I might get him, but he feels like he should be better proportioned and integrated.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 pm

It's that simple."
I was "born" in the original G1 era, and the Bayverse "resurected me".
So I'm a hardcore fan of both! :DANCE:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:06 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:OK. I am going to start this post with an apology.

Soundwave76 and Sol Magnus, I am sorry for my outburst earlier this week. I really am. That was an airing of dirty laundry from my time as a staff member that was held for a while and aggravated by time. I am sorry you both ended up taking the brunt of that. I was not trying to attack either of you.

I saw that post, and honestly, I don't think you owe me any apology. You didn't direct anything to me or anything I really took offense to. Issues with being staff certainly aren't any of my business. It's all good. My issue was with the other guy.

I get your frustration reading your above post. I personally have not and will not insult othr parts of the fandom, because at the end of the day, it's all Transformers.

-Kanrabat- wrote:I was "born" in the original G1 era, and the Bayverse "resurected me".

I still listen to the 2007 movie soundtrack. LOL
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
sol magnus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I was "born" in the original G1 era, and the Bayverse "resurected me".

"What I've done" is the only song I keep on my playlist from the Minutes to Midnight album.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

"What I've done" is the only song I keep on my playlist from the Minutes to Midnight album.

"This Moment" is my other favorite.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:10 pm

@ D Max:

No worries. The apology is appreciated, but as sol said, not necessary.
I will totally admit that I didn’t completely understand the level of frustration you & other movie figure fans are going through. And I may not ever completely understand.
I’m sorry that you & others ever took crap for being fans of SS...
That’s just dumb, & honestly really kinda pisses me off.
I’m not trying to go all counselor-therapist in here, but that’s basically 1 degree off of cyber bullying.
Which is absolute bullsh!t, and lame, and weak.
Since joining back in ‘07, I have taken lengthy time away from the forums (& site) multiple times.
So while me saying I hadn’t seen anything like what you described is still true, I also didn’t have the full picture. At all.
Btw, I don’t hate the SS line. And I hope I haven’t come off like that.
With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Sowndwave76 wrote:With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.

If I see a Prime from before TLK that I can live with, I'll certainly pick up for my Prime shelf.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby Changewinds » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Okay, so the question on how the tail would look without the gun has been answered, it won't look good, but not a deal breaker by any means for me.

Hmm, not a dealbreaker for me either, but I’m not so sure about the tail just hanging down the back in bot form.
Changewinds
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:34 pm

It's that simple."
sol magnus wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.

If I see a Prime from before TLK that I can live with, I'll certainly pick up for my Prime shelf.

If for some reason you don't have him, the original 2007 leader is awesome looking in both modes and he's fun to handle like a Cybertron toy. Screw screen accuracy! :michaelbay:

But since it's the '86 thread and speaking of Prime, I wonder how a SS86 Optimus Prime would look like? The easy route would be a repaint/retool of the ER mold. I'd see a heavily damaged Optimus at the end of his duel with Megatron.

And speaking of Megatron, would they DARE make a SS86 Megatron that transform into a Walter P-38? :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

If for some reason you don't have him, the original 2007 leader is awesome looking in both modes and he's fun to handle like a Cybertron toy. Screw screen accuracy! :michaelbay:

/quote]
That's the one I had. He was worth so much money, though, so I sold him. And he was fine, until they started making screen accurate ones.

Of course, now we're doing the inverse of what was going on in the original thread.

I spotted Hot Rod in the store today, paired with Bumblebee Starscream, so Scourge is out.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Sowndwave76 wrote:@ D Max:

No worries. The apology is appreciated, but as sol said, not necessary.
I will totally admit that I didn’t completely understand the level of frustration you & other movie figure fans are going through. And I may not ever completely understand.
I’m sorry that you & others ever took crap for being fans of SS...
That’s just dumb, & honestly really kinda pisses me off.
I’m not trying to go all counselor-therapist in here, but that’s basically 1 degree off of cyber bullying.
Which is absolute bullsh!t, and lame, and weak.
Since joining back in ‘07, I have taken lengthy time away from the forums (& site) multiple times.
So while me saying I hadn’t seen anything like what you described is still true, I also didn’t have the full picture. At all.
Btw, I don’t hate the SS line. And I hope I haven’t come off like that.
With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.

I will say, in my experience, most of the Seibertron community is more accepting of the movie fans, but sites like TFW, Reddit, and Twitter definitely are still alive with hate for the Bay movies, and anyone who enjoys watching them, which only got worse when people were buying SS figures while Hasbro was crowd-funding Unicron. It's gotten better as people have been getting more of what they want from HasTak, but every once in a great while you'll still see someone make comments about how "Bayverse figures are such wastes of plastic. Just give me an obscure character, like Skids!" on Twitter. Like I said, Seibertron is definitely one of the better places, but there was still hate comments up until about 2 years into Studio Serues when the haters realized it wasn't ending soon
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHERRY 3.14 Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes PIE import 2019"
CHIEF CHERRY 3.14 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRILLIT YASELF Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads 2019 power drill"
DRILLIT YASELF Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRIBBY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch 2019 colored pencil"
SCRIBBY Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POP N LOCK Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020 blaster"
POP N LOCK Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUNCHES Transformers BotBots Series 3 Fresh Squeezes grapes 2019"
BUNCHES Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT SCRUBADUB Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2019 used bar soap"
SERGEANT SCRUBADUB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OL TIC TOC Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 wristwatch watch Hasbro"
OL TIC TOC Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTERHEAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob drumset drum kit 2019 Hasbro"
BATTERHEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOZZLESNOT Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Lawn League 2019 watering can Hasbro"
NOZZLESNOT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUSTY VON CLEAVE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020 axe"
RUSTY VON CLEAVE T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON