This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Studio Series 86 Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Studio Series 86 Discussion

Postby Hero Alpha » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:59 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
I absolutely love this Perceptor figure. The Titans Return one was ok, but left me wanting for a better one. As one of my main top fav characters, its important to me to have a great Perceptor and this is it. Of course I wish it had forearm covers and a cover on his back, but Im sure a kit will be made.

Also someone out there please put out a kit for 86' Kup. I would really like a new head with a better face sculpt. Preferably an IDW cygar one.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Razorbeast88 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:23 am

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Moonshot wrote:I absolutely love this Perceptor figure. The Titans Return one was ok, but left me wanting for a better one. As one of my main top fav characters, its important to me to have a great Perceptor and this is it. Of course I wish it had forearm covers and a cover on his back, but Im sure a kit will be made.

Also someone out there please put out a kit for 86' Kup. I would really like a new head with a better face sculpt. Preferably an IDW cygar one.

Agreed on all of this

Hopefully some kits surface with IDW heads for Kup, Perceptor, and Kingdom Cyclonus, and their respective weapons
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby cruizerdave » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Eh. I actually still like the Titans Return version better.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Till-all-R1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Sowndwave76 wrote:I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade kit for this guy.
But for the most part, I think his bot mode is very on point...
I appreciate that he has his original alt mode, and at the same time, this is a reminder as to why a vehicle mode has been used in the past... "Playing" with a microscope that doesn't really work or do anything isn't exactly the most exciting feature.

While it probably doesn't need to work, I don't think it would have been that expensive to make it work as a person can buy relatively cheap microscope set in the toy section as it is for $30-40. So to add a couple lenses in his scope couldn't have cost more than $4 at most.

That said, how many people plan to ever use it as a functional microscope anyways? lol
Till-all-R1
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
AcademyofDrX wrote:
I know why people call PvP a thief whenever he posts but I don't know why we need to have this debate every time in response.

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

That pic with Hot Rod is very telling of the current reality where size is no longer as relevant in the class distinction, its all about parts count/complexity now.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:
I know why people call PvP a thief whenever he posts but I don't know why we need to have this debate every time in response.

That pic with Hot Rod is very telling of the current reality where size is no longer as relevant in the class distinction, its all about parts count/complexity now.

It always has been. Otherwise Armada Tidal Wave, Animated Lockdown and Battle Blade Bumblebee would be a Class higher.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:50 pm

Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

It always has been. Otherwise Armada Tidal Wave, Animated Lockdown and Battle Blade Bumblebee would be a Class higher.

But you didnt have shorter bots being a class higher, that element is new.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Beast Machines Megatron was Deluxe height sold as a Mega because of his wings.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:55 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Yeah, scale did mess things up. Originally they were catered to packaging size it looks like, but now...

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Guess nobody noticed the repainted Arcee I can only assume is the Studio Series 86 version? Or a custom?

Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Yeah, scale did mess things up. Originally they were catered to packaging size it looks like, but now...

The 86 movie Autobots were always somewhat larger than the average 84-85 Autobot, there's nothing wrong with the scale.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:42 pm

sol magnus wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Yeah, scale did mess things up. Originally they were catered to packaging size it looks like, but now...

The 86 movie Autobots were always somewhat larger than the average 84-85 Autobot, there's nothing wrong with the scale.

Messed things up as in going from "How big should he be to fit in the box" to "it costs this much to make him this correct size, what price point should we put him in". :lol:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Till-all-R1 wrote:
I appreciate that he has his original alt mode, and at the same time, this is a reminder as to why a vehicle mode has been used in the past... "Playing" with a microscope that doesn't really work or do anything isn't exactly the most exciting feature.

While it probably doesn't need to work, I don't think it would have been that expensive to make it work as a person can buy relatively cheap microscope set in the toy section as it is for $30-40. So to add a couple lenses in his scope couldn't have cost more than $4 at most.

That said, how many people plan to ever use it as a functional microscope anyways? lol

Yeah, my point is while other characters race off as a vehicle, jet, or animal, as part of almost any scenario a kid could make up, a microscope in general isn't that fun to play with.
On top of that, I'll add it's not exactly some sweet display piece.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:

Yeah, my point is while other characters race off as a vehicle, jet, or animal, as part of almost any scenario a kid could make up, a microscope in general isn't that fun to play with.
On top of that, I'll add it's not exactly some sweet display piece.

But that was the fun of adding Microchange toys to the line :lol:

Though at least Blaster used to work as an am radio
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
AcademyofDrX wrote:I know why people call PvP a thief whenever he posts but I don't know why we need to have this debate every time in response.

Then maybe his videos need to not be posted anymore here, oh wait I remember who the site owner is, never mind it is all about the page clicks for the forums and what goes into his pocketbooks and his collection regardless the right or wrong of the situation (I was site admin for 7 years and know all kinds of dirty secrets and one is the reason I stepped away).

william-james88 wrote:

Yes lets move along now, I will most certainly buy Perceptor immediately on sight as he is damn near perfect IMHO. But that's just me
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Emerje » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
sol magnus wrote:Guess nobody noticed the repainted Arcee I can only assume is the Studio Series 86 version? Or a custom?

That's the Platinum Edition repaint of the Thrilling Thirty figure, the metallic paint makes it look dark instead of shiny in these photos.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Cyber Bishop wrote:Then maybe his videos need to not be posted anymore here, oh wait I remember who the site owner is, never mind it is all about the page clicks for the forums and what goes into his pocketbooks and his collection regardless the right or wrong of the situation (I was site admin for 7 years and know all kinds of dirty secrets and one is the reason I stepped away).

There are no dirty secrets here. There is no need for drama. If you've got an issue, please feel free to contact me Earl. Please keep this topic on track.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm

Cyber Bishop wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:I know why people call PvP a thief whenever he posts but I don't know why we need to have this debate every time in response.

Then maybe his videos need to not be posted anymore here

We didnt post the video and went with still images instead. Lets move on. Any further comment regarding this will be sent to a different thread.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
william-james88 wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

Then maybe his videos need to not be posted anymore here

We didnt post the video and went with still images instead. Lets move on. Any further comment regarding this will be sent to a different thread.

If the products are indeed stolen factory samples that PrimeVsPrime posts, or other Youtubers, it's not really our place to make judgements on it. Ultimately, it just impacts Seibertron.com and myself as it's a lost revenue opportunity for Seibertron.com (because we didn't get to post pictures of something first). If Hasbro wants to make it an issue publicly and/or stop guys like PrimeVsPrime from getting factory samples, then it's a totally different ball game. Factory leaks and movie spoilers are fair game to post on. It's up to the companies involved to prevent those things from happening.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:01 am

Poor Perceptor. I hope it didn't hurt too much when he fell off the back of Optimus...
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby M. Spector » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Motto: "Put it in my aspen fanny pack Lord Megatron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Preceptor looks like a nice clean, classic design and Blaster looks top notch, easily one of the nicest upcoming figs. Hes not a character Im attached to or know much about (same with Percy) so we'll have to see what happens

That sweet purple throne that comes with screamy star however.. :-?
M. Spector
Fuzor
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sowndwave76 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
M. Spector wrote:Preceptor looks like a nice clean, classic design and Blaster looks top notch, easily one of the nicest upcoming figs. Hes not a character Im attached to or know much about (same with Percy) so we'll have to see what happens

That sweet purple throne that comes with screamy star however.. :-?

If you really like the look of Blaster and Perceptor, I'd recommend getting them.
Who knows when we'll get another version of either, especially with these stylings...
I'm guessing the next incarnations of any of these characters we've received in the last couple years will have substantially different designs; whether it's due to some play gimmick, or just as an intentional change.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 am

Sowndwave76 wrote:If you really like the look of Blaster and Perceptor, I'd recommend getting them.
Who knows when we'll get another version of either, especially with these stylings...

Yeah, especially Blaster. This is the first time since G1 that he and Soundwave don't share molds. And Blaster is popular, that toy's gonna sell super well.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:If you really like the look of Blaster and Perceptor, I'd recommend getting them.

Yeah, especially Blaster. This is the first time since G1 that he and Soundwave don't share molds. And Blaster is popular, that toy's gonna sell super well.

Agreed. Although I don't know how I feel about Eject and the transparent plastic...
It's kinda cool, but I think I would've liked regular plastic and coloring more.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby sol magnus » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sowndwave76 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Agreed. Although I don't know how I feel about Eject and the transparent plastic...
It's kinda cool, but I think I would've liked regular plastic and coloring more.

Conversely, you could have gotten a Voyager Blaster with NO cassette whatsoever. I agree the translucent plastic isn't 'ideal', but I don't mind it either. Plus, there's always the chance for an opaque reprint somewhere down the line. It's not like I have a choice - if I want the Blaster (I do, desperately), then I'm getting the Eject - translucency and all.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Speed: 6

Postby Hero Alpha » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:11 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
So I have one of each, Scourge and a Sweep(found 4 of them at Walmart this morning), and I'm only keeping one as my Scourge. Although I cant decide which. I want the most Sunbow/Marvel accurate. What are u guys opinion on which one is the most accurate colours?
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Endurance: 6
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231625 2A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HE-MAN AND MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE #5 DC Comics 2020 JAN200552 Universe MOTU"
HE-MAN AND MASTERS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics FEB230331 5L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 BSE var Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT230187 (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #1 BS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ptg Cvr D 1:10 virgin foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249151"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #128 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220432 128RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Whalen"
TMNT #128 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr H FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230211 1H (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #2 (of 6) IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles OCT200458 (A/CA) Revel"
TMNT JENNIKA II #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231431 3A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr P 1:20 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240120 2P (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220376 2D (CA) Bernardo"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231359 8A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #99 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles AUG190778 99A"
TMNT #99 Cover A I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON