This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Studio Series 86 Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Studio Series 86 Discussion

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
AcademyofDrX wrote:As a general rule, my Generations collection is organized by the G1 inspiration, like a season of the cartoon, or the 1988 lineup, or Marvel Comics villains.
We may not agree on a lot, but I'm 100% the same way. I don't pay attention to lines, I get a figure if it's a good representation of the character, and, to a lesser extent, has a fun transformation. My collection is split into sections representing the comics, TF:TM, Beast Wars, and everyone else.
If Springer, Magnus, or other figures are re-released in SS86, I may still pick them up and rotate figures into other slots, but as of now I'm perfectly happy with what I have.
Again, ditto.
I don't know how I'll balance having both SS86 and BB Kup, for example, as I don't plan to split TF:TM and season three into independent sets.
I'll use 1 as my movie Kup and the other as my G1 comics Kup.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:36 am

Emerje wrote:We won't know if Galvatron is "clean" until someone has him in hand.
think someone in Asia already got him and said he was clean. He even posted in the Legacy thread.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:10 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Emerje wrote:We won't know if Galvatron is "clean" until someone has him in hand.
think someone in Asia already got him and said he was clean. He even posted in the Legacy thread.

That’s promising! I may indeed need to triple dip on Galvatron. As for other SS86/BB repaints, why bother with Ultra Magnus? The Kingdom version is clean and mostly accurate. I’d rather wait for a future Commander Class redo at this point to fix some of the other issues, like the alt mode look and scale. Springer does need a rerelease at least with a clean deco, though. The Siege Springer mold hasn’t been reused or even had a second release yet, so why not?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:31 pm

Absolute yes on Springer. A clean Springer, and I think a white redeco could pass for Drift.

As for Magnus, a commander class is appropriate scale-wise, and I think his feet need to be reworked, but the Kingdom version is good enough for me. Others may feel different.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:10 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

That’s promising! I may indeed need to triple dip on Galvatron. As for other SS86/BB repaints, why bother with Ultra Magnus? The Kingdom version is clean and mostly accurate. I’d rather wait for a future Commander Class redo at this point to fix some of the other issues, like the alt mode look and scale. Springer does need a rerelease at least with a clean deco, though. The Siege Springer mold hasn’t been reused or even had a second release yet, so why not?
Agreed about waiting for a Commander-class redo of Ultra Magnus.

As for Springer, I'm personally happy enough with SIEGE that it would take more than a clean deco to make me even consider double-dipping. But I can see a clean deco happening.

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Aren't we already getting "cleaned up" version of Galvatron in the Legacy line?

We don't know that for sure. The same set of stock images we saw Galvatron in also showed BB Cliffjumper with clear windows and we know for a fact he'll be released with painted windows. We won't know if Galvatron is "clean" until someone has him in hand. It makes sense for a WFC figure to be more cartoon accurate in the BB line where it's being given a SS number. But going from Kingdom to Legacy, what's the point, why go to the effort?

Emerje
Hasbro: "To give our customers a reason to spend more money on a product that they've already previously bought." :twisted:
Joke's on them, I'm still using TR Galvy :P

I'm very much enjoying having SS86 Wreck-Gar. He's beautifully done, he's the Wreck-Gar we've needed for so long. I do hope someone makes an alternate wheel set for him though, just for play purposes (and no, that car conversion set doesn't count).

A comparison with the original, demonstrating the necessity of the semi-faux-parts head.

I got SS86 Sweep in yesterday, won him at auction last week. As my first and currently only instance of the SS86 Scourge mold, I have decided that he will represent Scourge in my neo-G1 collection. That may change if I get the actual Scourge deco, but then again it may not. In any case, both my TR Scourges are now designated as Sweeps.

Very glad to have him, although the lack of a 5mm peghole in the top of the head - or any other central 5mm peghole in vehicle mode - is a slight disappointment. It will make doing a proper Fracas a bit more challenging, although not insurmountably so.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby sol magnus » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:20 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Hasbro killed me on Galvatron. Absolutely killed me. Kingdom, Selects, upcoming Behold! Galvatron, and now this lighter purple 'clean' version which I will buy. 200 in just Galvatrons.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby sol magnus » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
o.supreme wrote:So, I understand the explanation of why some characters that seemingly should have been in one line, were released in others, and vice versa.

However, do you as fans, and as collectors consider Kingdom Cyclonus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, and Rodimus Prime as "SS86" in spirit, or do you expect to see them slightly redecoed/repainted in the SS86 line proper, or Buzzworthy with SS86 designations (ala Kup and ER Cliffjumper).

What About ER/K Leader Optimus Prime? Is that your "definitive" TF:TM version, or do you expect SS86 to make one even more accurate?

I'd have to say "SS86 in spirit" because Galvatron isn't getting re-packed in SS86, he's getting a new paint job and re-released in Legacy. Honestly, I don't care if all the characters have a particular type of box as long as they make them.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
sol magnus wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Hasbro killed me on Galvatron. Absolutely killed me. Kingdom, Selects, upcoming Behold! Galvatron, and now this lighter purple 'clean' version which I will buy. 200 in just Galvatrons.

I get it. It’s Galvatron overload. The Selects and “Behold Galvatron” versions are 100% worth it to me. What the bummer is was the shoulder fiasco with the initial Kingdom release. I just waited to get a fixed sample at retail and moved the wrong shoulders copy to my pile of “to be sold” items. I regularly prune my collection of obsolete figures, so that’s not a big deal. However, with this new Legacy release, it has literally solved the last complaint I had about the Kingdom version, the battle damage paint apps are gone. How can I pass off a nearly perfect iteration? I’ll ultimately just get the Legacy version and sell off my second Kingdom copy. It’s ridiculous, but it is what it is. I’ll be selling off SS86 Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper in favor of their new BB versions too. It just part of the game that is collecting. If it weren't for the assembly error of the initial Kingdom batches, I bet the Legacy release would be far less irksome, but now it’s got that “one too many times” vibe to it.
Last edited by Wolfman Jake on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
How much will you be selling Kup and CJ for? Assuming you don't decide to paint CJ's limbs instead.

I just plain never bought into Kingdom Galvatron in the first place. I was happy enough with TR and disliked that version's compromises less than I do those of the Kingdom take, and with my limited leisure funds getting SS86 Grimlock was far more important.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I didn't see such a post. If you find it again, please link me to it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:34 am

william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Nevermind, I misread the post. :oops: :oops: He was talking about Blaster, not Galvatron. I must have been tired when I read it. My mistake.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:07 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Rodimus Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Nevermind, I misread the post. :oops: :oops: He was talking about Blaster, not Galvatron. I must have been tired when I read it. My mistake.

I thought as much. I literally read the entire "Transformers Toy Discussion" forum, I would have noticed if something like that had been posted. But I get it, there's a lot happening, lots of unexpected sightings, leaks and stock photos going around this past month, it's easy to get things mixed up.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

First Look at Studio Series 86 Junkyard

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:13 am

Looks like a few people have SS86 Junkyard at the moment since we are getting various images/videos with him in it. Below you will see an image of the toy along with screenshots of him in Chefatron's Legacy Skids review. Junkyard is a far more extensive retool of SS86 Wreck Gar than some may have imagined. We only know what he looks like in bot mode for now. You will let us know what you think of this toy!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Knight » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:43 pm

He looks awful, it's perfect!!! :-D
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby DeathReviews » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:04 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Looks like some of Junkyard's spikes got a little bent while they were smuggling this out of the factory....

Nice retool work though - it almost looks different from Wreck-Gar!
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:07 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
DeathReviews wrote:Looks like some of Junkyard's spikes got a little bent while they were smuggling this out of the factory....

Nice retool work though - it almost looks different from Wreck-Gar!

Comparing him to Wreck-Gar, everything up from the chest has been reshelled. Surprising.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:55 pm

He looks great.

I'd buy more Junkions if they care to retool them. Unlike Seekers just recolors aren't enough. Maybe some 3rd party will go nuts with these like they did with the Classics versions.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:27 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:He looks great.

I'd buy more Junkions if they care to retool them. Unlike Seekers just recolors aren't enough. Maybe some 3rd party will go nuts with these like they did with the Classics versions.

I'd say at least 1 more version is a safe bet. With all the retooling they did, I would bet there is an alternate head for Wreck-Gar and another for the Junkyard tooling, giving 2 more possible more heads to release between the 2 bodies. That is without considering any potential SG uses.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Very impressive. I think most people expected Junkyard to have just a new head, but not only does he get a bunch of new body parts but he also got the extra armor on the arms. I wonder if he really comes with the axe, I have my doubts.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Emerje wrote:Very impressive. I think most people expected Junkyard to have just a new head, but not only does he get a bunch of new body parts but he also got the extra armor on the arms. I wonder if he really comes with the axe, I have my doubts.

Emerje

While I don't know if I 'doubt it', I certainly hope that's not the case as well.

For all we know, those wheels are Weck-Gar's as well, and don't actually come with Junkyard considering where it likely came from.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Junkyard looks pretty dang neat. I think i will get this one, he has a cool factor about him that speaks to me
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:20 pm

sol magnus wrote:
Emerje wrote:Very impressive. I think most people expected Junkyard to have just a new head, but not only does he get a bunch of new body parts but he also got the extra armor on the arms. I wonder if he really comes with the axe, I have my doubts.

Emerje

While I don't know if I 'doubt it', I certainly hope that's not the case as well.

For all we know, those wheels are Weck-Gar's as well, and don't actually come with Junkyard considering where it likely came from.

I think the axe may be legit. If you look at Wreck-Gar, the axe handle matches the saddle bags for the bike that end up on his hips. In the photo of Junkyard, that axe handle matches his hips as well. However, the grey plastic used on both figures appears to be a slightly different shade. Obviously it could just be the photos and lighting and the exact same shade is used on both figures. But a match on parts within the same photo is a pretty good sign if nothing else.

Edit: I think the same thing applies to the red plastic of the blades and his spikes. So both parts of the axe are on sprues with parts that are re-used on both figures which is another good sign.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:He looks great.

I've already seen one 3P upgrade for SS Wreck Gar, but hopefully we won't need as many upgrades for this mold, since this extensive retool is evidence that HasTak finally learned the right lessons from all the previous 3p Junkions and upgrades, like all the echoes of good old City Commander they instilled in Siege Ultra Magnus.

Not that we'll ever get official upgrades of every Junkion ever seen on screen, but if the Studio Series line keeps running into long stretches between live-action movies, who knows?

I'll buy at least 2 of this this guy.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

More In Hand Images of SS 86 Junkyard with First Look at Alt Mode

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:48 pm

We saw a bit of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Junkyard and now we have more images to show you. These now include the alt mode which has a very different look in the front than Wreck Gar due to the arm kibble. This works quite well in distinguishing this bike mode from Wreck Gar and making it look less like a robot going into a fetal position, since the arms and hands are now hidden.

This toy is due out in stores around April/May, since it is from Wave 2. The wave mate is Soundwave from the Bumblebee movie, who was also out in wave 1. Junkyard is not an exclusive of any kind.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:12 am

Not too shabby!
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr F foil Boom Studios Comics JUN230423 (CA) Campbell"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230509 6Q (CA) Conner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228474 3X (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney JUN230687 9I Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230409 111A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230457 7I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220601 2S (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT230075 115B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230664 2E (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr O 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230674 2O (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics JUN230421 (CA)Blevins+Austin"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #3 (of 3) 1:10 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics APR230361 109D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics JUL230287 3J (CA) Moss 231222R"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON