This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Legacy Line Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Legacy Line Discussion

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:52 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Motormaster sucked. The other stunticons were fine. I'd be perfectly happy if the eventual MM is CW compatible and makes a better torso so that I can stick my existing stunticons on him, grab an affordable Wildrider, and call it a day.

I saw someone say that they're going for an 18 inch scale a la CW Devastator and POTP Predaking because of the commander class and all I can say is, god I hope not. I'm reasonably sure given the limbs are deluxes that he'll be in scale with the other CW combiners, more or less, but who's to say.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sowndwave76 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I won't be surprised either way...
Personally, I wouldn't mind something new. When you stop and think that CW was out sometime around 2014-15, in a short couple years that's 8 years in the past.
I could see Hastak moving away from the mix and match CW system and focusing on making each team more unique. And I get that's not how the original toys were designed, but I think it's fair to say that that's not the aesthetic Hastak is ever going for moving forward (especially since that's basically what CW was).
Again, personally, if they were to make a really incredible Menasor, then I wouldn't care if each bot wasn't compatible with any other future combiners.

On the other hand, Hastak has to be aware that new combiner figures are going to sell just a bit better overall if they are compatible with the CW system...
I thought CW Dragstrip was kind of a weak link... There would be some out there that would buy just him IF he worked with that older system. Hell, there would be those who would buy all 4 limb figures but pass on the $90 Motormaster, and others who would get the new MM to use with their old CW limb figures.
Either/any way you look at it, Hastak could make more $$$ by using the CW system.
Some would probably argue Hastak may loose money if this isn't the case.
There are probably a lot who won't be willing to spend close to $200 for new Stunticons if they can't be mixed with CW figures.

Then there are those like me; unless the new Stunticons look really bad, I'm most likely all-in for all 5.
I even think I'd be good with having those guys as individuals if the combined form isn't stellar.
Since my 6 ER seekers are on all on one shelf, it could be pretty sweet to have Megatron, Soundwave, Legacy Blitzwing and the Insecticons displayed with the Stunticons.
But my gut says that if Hastak is committed to making a CC Motormaster, he and the others must be pretty on point... And with how good most ER, Kingdom, and SS86 figures have been I don't think that's a crazy assumption.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Flashwave » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Wow there packing a lot into that forty minute panel time. I am very interested to see what the legacy figures look like.

Actually if I remember right thats about what the old Botcon pabels were is 40min
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:13 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
So, is there any chance we might see an IGN article that reveals maybe 2-3 Legacy figures ahead of the stream? Cause if memory serves, we saw an IGN article for Siege Prime and Sideswipe 2 days before the full reveal at the convention they used to announce it (my brain's telling me SDCC, but that's WAY too early)
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot N » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, is there any chance we might see an IGN article that reveals maybe 2-3 Legacy figures ahead of the stream? Cause if memory serves, we saw an IGN article for Siege Prime and Sideswipe 2 days before the full reveal at the convention they used to announce it (my brain's telling me SDCC, but that's WAY too early)
I think it was SDCC, that's when they showed off all of the Autobots and the Decepticons got the spotlight at NYCC
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby sol magnus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, is there any chance we might see an IGN article that reveals maybe 2-3 Legacy figures ahead of the stream? Cause if memory serves, we saw an IGN article for Siege Prime and Sideswipe 2 days before the full reveal at the convention they used to announce it (my brain's telling me SDCC, but that's WAY too early)

They did it for Kingdom, so it's a distinct possibility.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:49 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

It was SDCC but not IGN

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... dcc/41581/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 am

I'm a bit conflicted on the stunticons. The CW versions were good, but not great. I'm happy enough with the CW versions, but of all the CW combiners, Menasor is the weakest, so if they give us a better version, that will probably be enough for me to bite. If the arms and legs are not CW style interchangeable then at least that should guarantee that Wildrider and Dead End are different molds.

I wonder if we will end up seeing arm mode for Dragstrip this weekend. That would go a long way towards telling us whether there is any CW compatibility.

What I definitely don't care for is the 1 limb per wave release schedule. One of the best things about CW was getting a set of limbs all at once. Covid, Earthrise and Kingdom have taught me not to expect to see everything at retail, and not to count on pre-orders being available depending on what Hasbro decides is important to market.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Cybertron4Life » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 pm

The ones that I’ll be getting are Blaster, Bulkhead, Iguanus, and probably Prime Arcee.
Cybertron4Life
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transformers-generations-legacy-figure-line-announced-by-hasbro

New pics of Skids and... Bulkhead! What have they done to you?!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:23 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Also, I'll let the experts determine... Is the Jurassic Park Jeep from the JP Crossover and Legacy Skids of similar tooling?

ok after looking at pics side-by-side that's a definite no.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Autobot N » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:56 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Both look pretty cool but I don't need them
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:01 am

Courtesy of IGN, we now have reveals for two of the figures that are going to be shown this Friday along with the other wave 1 Transformers Legacy figures. The Bulkhead is giving us an idea that we should not expect toys accurate to the Prime show and this is more of a Generations/G1ified version of the character, as we had seen previously with RTS Lugnut. It is also rumoured that this mold will be used for a voyager Optimus Prime as well.

We also have deluxe Skids. The images are below for you to enjoy.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:08 am

Skids looks fantastic. curious about the energon axe thingy. not really feeling bulkhead. just not round enough imho. as for it being an optimus... Sumo Prime is that you?

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby SpaceEagle » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am

Motto: "Better nothing than something bad."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Wew, that Bulkhead doesn't look bad as a "G1" version.
Might consider what else that mould will offer us, though...

As for the Skids, FINALLY the g o o d Generations Skids I've been asking for. The alt mode is adorably cuboid, much better than the older Generations Skids imo. :D
Like a regular eagle, but from space.
SpaceEagle
Targetmaster
Alt Mode: Eagle
Speed: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:11 am

Honestly, they both look like a pile of ass. So glad I didn't sell my Gen skids yet, man I would have regretted it.

Let's get to Bulkhead, that figure looks super simple for a voyager and while I can understand the use of fake parts, it looks really bad when you can see his fake wheels right there in truck mode

I also hate the overall look of the robot mode but I can understand the appeal of having G1ified versions of characters from other eras but since I have my own Prime collection, this is not needed. I will say this is making me **** scared about Knockout.

As for Skids, ooof, not great. Reeks of cheap corner cutting. Like that rectangle behind his head. It's not even incorporated into the design, it's just there as a lazy bit. The G1 toy didn't have that. And usually Hasbro is able to hide unflattering gaps in their product shots, but I guess that's not a possible task here.

Won't be getting either of these.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby frogbat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:12 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Skids looks great, thought would be a repaint of the jp jeep.. but this guy looks better.

Blkkhead… an interesting take and he looks pretty good and fun

the prob with bulkhead is that the og prime toy was awesome and really hard to improve on so I see why they went off on a tangent. Reminds me of earlier chug interpretations of g1 figures such as grapple and inferno.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Firepower: 5

Postby Munkky » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I see what they were trying to do with Bulkhead; a G1 reimagining with an "original" styled version of his Animated vehicle mode, plus the vehicle mode is invocative of Age of Extinction Hound, who is kind of like an exaggerated Michael Bay version of Prime Bulkhead. But I don't ;ike that box chest, and I probably would've preferred a more show accurate SUV mode. Either way I will still be getting Bulkhead. Skids looks pretty good, a perfectly fine non-IDW G1 Skids, plus I like that blue axe weapon.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:18 am

william-james88 wrote:Honestly, they both look like a pile of ass. So glad I didn't sell my Gen skids yet, man I would have regretted it.

Let's get to Bulkhead, that figure looks super simple for a voyager and while I can understand the use of fake parts, it looks really bad when you can see his fake wheels right there in truck mode

I also hate the overall look of the robot mode but I can understand the appeal of having G1ified versions of characters from other eras but since I have my own Prime collection, this is not needed. I will say this is making me **** scared about Knockout.

As for Skids, ooof, not great. Reeks of cheap corner cutting. Like that rectangle behind his head. It's not even incorporated into the design, it's just there as a lazy bit. The G1 toy didn't have that. And usually Hasbro is able to hide unflattering gaps in their product shots, but I guess that's not a possible task here.

Won't be getting either of these.

while I disagree with how skids looks, there is no comparison, the previous generations was leaps and bounds better, and will remain my go to skids on my shelf. this is great news for me, because so far it looks like I can avoid spending more money on toys for a little while :-D

unless I decide I need to build a certain throne from Tripple Takeover, in which case I may need to buy this Skids :twisted:

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The article states twice that this is supposed to be Prime Bulkhead. That is not Prime Bulkhead.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:27 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I love Skids, instant buy for me. Screw the haters.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Hokutron » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:27 am

I really wish they had used pins on the hood piece so that you could at least angle those side flaps upward. That way Bulkhead would at least be more recognizable.
Hokutron
Mini-Con
News Credits: 5

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:28 am

I'm gonna get Bulkhead, only because I don't want Hasbro to go "Well, guess they don't like Prime lulz". I'm not happy with how far removed he is, considering the only things that say "I'm Bulkhead" are the head, mace, and green color, but I guess it's better than nothing
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Gearslide » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:31 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
Bulkhead looks like someone was making a Bayverse Hound toy, and at the last minute said "Let's make it Bulkhead instead." Bizarre.
Gearslide
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:31 am

william-james88 wrote:Let's get to Bulkhead, that figure looks super simple for a voyager and while I can understand the use of fake parts, it looks really bad when you can see his fake wheels right there in truck mode

I think they're supposed to replicate spare tires that military trucks tend to have stored right there
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM289 1D (CA) Ottley"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 3B (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM457 2B (CA) Chan (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT200417 26RI (CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 2RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON