This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Legacy Line Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Legacy Line Discussion

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:40 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Rtron wrote:I suspect next year's Commander Class is going to be Armanda Optimus Prime, given Armada Megatron's presence in the line, and that Tidal Wave will either be a Titan, or have to wait a year.
So could that mean we get an Armada Jetfire in 2024 or '25? As either a leader or a commander? Leader if the combo gimmick with Prime is included, commander if it's just Jetfire. I mean, we got Sky Lynx last year as a commander. Jetfire would be similar, he just wouldn't split up.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Rtron wrote:I suspect next year's Commander Class is going to be Armanda Optimus Prime, given Armada Megatron's presence in the line, and that Tidal Wave will either be a Titan, or have to wait a year.
So could that mean we get an Armada Jetfire in 2024 or '25? As either a leader or a commander? Leader if the combo gimmick with Prime is included, commander if it's just Jetfire. I mean, we got Sky Lynx last year as a commander. Jetfire would be similar, he just wouldn't split up.

I wouldn't rule it out at this point, it seems like hasbro is trying to include the greatest hits from all the lines alongside finishing up the G1 team.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:46 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
So I've been doing a bit of reading, and between what little Q & A escaped the panel, a video interview done by Shartimus Prime, and the big interview TFW just posted, I have compiled the following list of Legacy-relevant confirmations/hints given at SDCC outside of just the figures we actually saw. Notes so far (*inhales*):

-Legacy Wave 4/Breakdown will be shown at Pulsecon
-Legacy Wave 4/Breakdown are scheduled to come out next year
-Evan mentioned that Menasor's lack of Scramble City compatibility/limbs being dedicated to just Menasor has been well-received and they are keeping that in mind for future potential combiners
-No continuity is off the table for Legacy, Cyberverse is an option
-Animated was given a flat-out confirmation by Evan, Animated characters/designs WILL be in Legacy, the theory of those characters/designs being held up by Cartoon Network rights is incorrect
-Evan cited Animated Lockdown, Ratchet, and Prime as characters/designs he specifically would like to work on
-Legacy Animated figures WILL be G1-ified, HOWEVER the team has also heard the feedback on Arcee/Bulkhead/Knock Out and are working to find a better G1-ification balance
-Titans and Selects are both still planned to continue release, called out the theory of Selects ending specifically as incorrect
-Hasbro is considering 2022 and 2023 both to be the Armada anniversary due to the show's release date in Japan (which probably also explains "RiD 2000 Universe")
-Armada Prime "may happen" for the anniversary, unlikely to be the unreleased Takara-initiated one shown years back but may borrow from it if happening
-Cyber Planet Keys and Cheetor's gut gun both being thought about in terms of potential weapon/accessory packs
-They KNOW people want Tidal Wave
-Minicons are something they're intending to figure out "once they move more fully into Armada"
-Wider release/more allotments of Velocitron Cosmos and his in-store availability are up to Walmart, Pulse cannot restock (sounds familiar)
-Next Haslab is being worked on but has no associated dates yet
-No version of Optimus Prime will EVER be a Haslab (when asked about Armada Prime)
-When asked about a new Cybertron OP & Wing Saber: "it would be totally doable to make a new Wing Saber connect to Siege GUOP" (implying Wing Saber is on the table but Optimus is considered done)
-More Titans from Cybertron are possible albeit daunting due to number (Starscream, Primus, Quickmix, & Menasor all mentioned)
-Evan wants to incorporate Powerlinx into Armada/Energon updates
-Mark and Evan talk about making figures of the 13 Primes "all the time", mentioned The Fallen's tank mode
-As far as Evan knows, Legacy is planned to go for 3 years and is a trilogy (?)
-More non-G1 updates can be expected even if/when Legacy ends
-Evan wants to make Beast Machines Vehicons
-Most obscure characters Evan wants to do in Legacy: Velocity, Javelin, Mistress of Flame, Camiens
-Interest in bringing Fan Votes back
-Expansion into non-G1 was due to designer interest, characters needing updates, and people being sick of the same characters
-Positive reaction to being asked about Omnibots, vague "anything is possible" response given
-More Minibots "will make it in eventually"
-Mention of potential Coneheads rerelease in Legacy
-Evan mentioned "having a few more beasts to get through"

...and on top of all that semi-official stuff, JTPrime has said as of yesterday that Breakdown and Twincast's EAN numbers have been replaced with new ones that change what we thought the next few waves would be, indicating that Wave 4 will now include Needlenose, "Junkion 1", Hot Shot, Tarn, & Leo Prime (at least, don't think we know Leaders-per-specific-wave yet for 2023) in addition to Breakdown, while Twincast has been pushed back to the wave containing Metalhawk and the Wheeljack & Cheetor repacks have been possibly scrapped.

If you actually read to the end, I appreciate you
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rtron » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:59 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
Thank you Nemesis for the summary! Very excited if Tarn and Lio Convoy have really been pushed forward. I was hoping Cheetor repack to be in colors closer to the Netflix version, but oh well, it probably wasn't going to be like that anyway and nothing has really been lost.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nemesis Primal wrote:So I've been doing a bit of reading, and between what little Q & A escaped the panel, a video interview done by Shartimus Prime, and the big interview TFW just posted, I have compiled the following list of Legacy-relevant confirmations/hints given at SDCC outside of just the figures we actually saw. Notes so far (*inhales*):

-Evan mentioned that Menasor's lack of Scramble City compatibility/limbs being dedicated to just Menasor has been well-received and they are keeping that in mind for future potential combiners
-Animated was given a flat-out confirmation by Evan, Animated characters/designs WILL be in Legacy, the theory of those characters/designs being held up by Cartoon Network rights is incorrect
-Evan cited Animated Lockdown, Ratchet, and Prime as characters/designs he specifically would like to work on
-Legacy Animated figures WILL be G1-ified, HOWEVER the team has also heard the feedback on Arcee/Bulkhead/Knock Out and are working to find a better G1-ification balance
-Titans and Selects are both still planned to continue release, called out the theory of Selects ending specifically as incorrect
-Hasbro is considering 2022 and 2023 both to be the Armada anniversary due to the show's release date in Japan (which probably also explains "RiD 2000 Universe")
-Armada Prime "may happen" for the anniversary, unlikely to be the unreleased Takara-initiated one shown years back but may borrow from it if happening
-Cyber Planet Keys and Cheetor's gut gun both being thought about in terms of potential weapon/accessory packs
-Minicons are something they're intending to figure out "once they move more fully into Armada"
-Wider release/more allotments of Velocitron Cosmos and his in-store availability are up to Walmart, Pulse cannot restock (sounds familiar)
-No version of Optimus Prime will EVER be a Haslab (when asked about Armada Prime)
-When asked about a new Cybertron OP & Wing Saber: "it would be totally doable to make a new Wing Saber connect to Siege GUOP" (implying Wing Saber is on the table but Optimus is considered done)
-More Titans from Cybertron are possible albeit daunting due to number (Starscream, Primus, Quickmix, & Menasor all mentioned)
-Mark and Evan talk about making figures of the 13 Primes "all the time", mentioned The Fallen's tank mode
-Most obscure characters Evan wants to do in Legacy: Velocity, Javelin, Mistress of Flame, Camiens
-Expansion into non-G1 was due to designer interest, characters needing updates, and people being sick of the same characters
-Positive reaction to being asked about Omnibots, vague "anything is possible" response given

...and on top of all that semi-official stuff, JTPrime has said as of yesterday that Breakdown and Twincast's EAN numbers have been replaced with new ones that change what we thought the next few waves would be, indicating that Wave 4 will now include Needlenose, "Junkion 1", Hot Shot, Tarn, & Leo Prime (at least, don't think we know Leaders-per-specific-wave yet for 2023) in addition to Breakdown, while Twincast has been pushed back to the wave containing Metalhawk and the Wheeljack & Cheetor repacks have been possibly scrapped.

Thanks for this write up!

I think there's a lot to be excited about here, and ironically, Animated has already seen some of it's designs translated to other styles.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Overcracker » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:50 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Interesting stuff.

A Commander Class Armada Prime would be awesome.

It would be great if we got a second chance at the Coneheads at least Thrust.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Nemesis Primal wrote:-Evan mentioned that Menasor's lack of Scramble City compatibility/limbs being dedicated to just Menasor has been well-received and they are keeping that in mind for future potential combiners

Excellent! I'm loving how Legacy Menasor is shaping up (as people would know if they've seen my earlier posts) and would love to see this style carried over to other combiners. CW Menasor was the weakest of the CW combiners by far, and I do like Superion, but the style and engineering for Legacy far surpasses the best of the CW combiners so bring on more!

Nemesis Primal wrote:-Most obscure characters Evan wants to do in Legacy: Velocity, Javelin, Mistress of Flame, Camiens

I can think of more obscure characters, like the majority of G1.5...
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Burn wrote:I can think of more obscure characters, like the majority of G1.5...

Blanker would make a decent Flash, for one.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:22 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
So much good stuff in that post.

Animated! Please!

I am glad they are finally hearing us that we are sick of G1 redone and to do some other stuff, thank you.

Glad to hear more Armada love, especially with the stuff they are thinking about with it.

i hope Tigerhawk is on their Beast Wars list.

Cyberverse? YES! And if I may, if we are hinting at Cyberverse and titans continuing...

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Overcracker » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
:DANCE:
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10

Hasbro's Transformers Team Talks the Future of Legacy and the Figures They Want to Make at SDCC

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
SDCC may have wrapped up but it looks like there's still a lot left to talk about when it comes to the future of Legacy! HUGE thanks to our own Seibertronian Nemesis Primal for combing through Q&As and interviews to find many key bits of information about the future of Legacy. His post to our Energon Pub Forums is as follows:

Nemesis Primal wrote:So I've been doing a bit of reading, and between what little Q & A escaped the panel, a video interview done by Shartimus Prime, and the big interview TFW just posted, I have compiled the following list of Legacy-relevant confirmations/hints given at SDCC outside of just the figures we actually saw. Notes so far (*inhales*):

And there you have it. It looks like the design team isn't leaving much off the table which may well make this the most exciting era of the Transformers franchise. It's a lot to unload but feel free to leave your thoughts in the Energon Pub Forums!
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
@Nenesis Primal, I read till the end and I am appreciative of all your research.

Most excited about how they are working on a better balance for G1ification. It has been done right in the past, like with Animated Lugnut and Evergreen Barricade (regarding the design).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Razorbeast88 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 pm

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Animated lockdown and ratchet woo-hoo! Prime is cool too. One step closer to getting animated Shockwave ouuuu

G1-ification balance, noice. Tidal wave, noice. Clearly these guys do their homework and I appreciate that a lot of us are heard in what we want

Gut gun in an accessory pack would be dope, wonder what else could come of that pack. 13 primes yesssssssss. More beasts yessss. Minibots? Powerglide?

All of wave 4 sounds great, idk if I'd want Hot shot but I'm curious for needlenose and junkion 1, and excited for tarn and Leo prime
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Nuclearxpotato » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:47 pm

Motto: "Accessories Sold Separately!"

:(
My (semi)obscure wantlist:
CHUG PCC Smolder - CHUG Clench - SS 07 Payload
Till All Are One
Nuclearxpotato
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Garbage Truck

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:13 pm

Well I for 1 think it's a good idea for each combiner to be unique. I was never a big fan of the scramble concept, even if it was fun to mix up limbs.

I noticed that no matter what, they never flat-out said no to any question or idea. Trying very hard to keep that positive image, even if they have no intention of following through on some things.

I'm glad they pretty much confirmed Tidal Wave. Here's hoping for a Titan.

Why wouldn't they use Takara's previously designed Armada Prime? It's like the heavy lifting was already done for them. Will they design a simpler (and thus cheaper) version?

No Optimus EVER in HasLab. Good news?

We might get a Wing Saber to go with Galaxy Prime? Wasn't Wing Saber in Energon/Super-Link?

If they were going to do Mini-Cons, why not start with Starscream? I hope at least Megatron will come with Leader-1.

The other stuff I can take or leave.

I would like to see an accurate Voyager Shockwave as well as a new Bludgeon.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:23 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:We might get a Wing Saber to go with Galaxy Prime? Wasn't Wing Saber in Energon/Super-Link?

He was, but that's not the Wing Saber they're talking about. They're talking about this guy:

Galaxy Force Sonic Bomber, aka Cybertron Wing Saber

He combines with Optimus Prime for Sonic Wing Mode:

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:26 pm

An yes, thank you for the reminder. The Energon version is more prominent in my memories.

But since my GUOP is messed up, I'll take Sonic Bomber to go with him, since he can't wear his backpack anymore.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:51 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeroWolf wrote:I think there's a lot to be excited about here, and ironically, Animated has already seen some of it's designs translated to other styles.
william-james88 wrote:Most excited about how they are working on a better balance for G1ification. It has been done right in the past, like with Animated Lugnut and Evergreen Barricade (regarding the design).
The difference in the cases like Reveal the Shield Lugnut, ROTF Lockdown, and Cyberverse Clobber is that those were alternate-continuity G1/Movie/Aligned/Cyberverse/etc.-native versions of their Animated counterparts (like how Armada Optimus Prime is to G1 Optimus Prime is to Movie Optimus Prime, etc.), rather than specifically the actual Animated universe characters in G1/Movie/Aligned/Cyberverse/etc.-styled bodies (save for Legends Slipstream, whom Takara retooled enough in an active attempt to make her mold look more like an Animated mold).

The latter of which is how Hasbro is treating all the non-G1 characters in Legacy, including all the G1-ified Prime universe characters.

Rodimus Prime wrote:Why wouldn't they use Takara's previously designed Armada Prime? It's like the heavy lifting was already done for them. Will they design a simpler (and thus cheaper) version?
Since Takara made the previous prototype version on their own without Hasbro's input, it might not fit into Hasbro's more rigid budget restrictions, requiring Hasbro to design a new one from the ground up that does fit into their budget.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Grahf_ » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:58 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I'm down for the Camiens. I don't read the comics or anything, I just love Transformers. I don't need any attachment to pick anything up so long as I think it looks good. I'm also more drawn to female figures as well due to the lack of them in many lines growing up. And when they did show up, they were scalped like they were in the old 90's Toybiz Marvel lines.

Titan Menasor would be great. Quickmix could be a commander. Primus should be another Haslab but I never did get Unicron so I doubt I'd get it. Starscream would be cool as a titan but ultimately, I'd rather it go to Quickmix at that point.

However, I don't want a titan Tidal Wave. I couldn't care less about how big he was in the game. Commander would be fine.

It's great that they're still considering Minicons after the supposed fail of the Micromasters.

Don't care about Cyber Keys but more weapons packs would be nice. Like maybe release all the new energon weapons all together in one pack each in a single color with multiple packs released in different colors. Actually, do the old Energon weapons that the Omnicons and Terrorcons had instead. I'd love packs of those weapons...and they had better combined modes.

The thirteen Primes would be awesome.

Omnibots would be amazing to get.

So would some Beast Machines Vehicons.

Minibots are cool but I'm more interested in all the potential updates from everything else to get more excited about them honestly.

It's nice that they're reconsidering reissues of certain characters. I don't think anyone needed Wheeljack and Cheetor.

Bringing back the fan vote would be cool. I wonder if they could combine it with the reissues as well. This way when they're looking for figures to fill the waves, it would be figures that people need like the Coneheads or the Battlechargers or whoever else. Regular fan votes still too though. New characters are always fun.

More combiners like Menasor without the scramble aspect? I wouldn't mind. Maybe they go so far as to change up the size classes for some. Not every torso would work as a commander. Some would work as leaders and maybe some still as even voyagers. Not all limbs would need to be deluxes either. Since Menasor's design works so differently to the rest, voyagers could work for the limbs of the other combiners instead. Like four voyagers and a leader. The extra budget going towards more tooling so that the robot modes still scale properly. That would put it at roughly the same price as the Menasor components if they were to sell them as boxsets.

Not using that teased Armada Prime? Well that sucks. It should be able to work as a commander class. Or at least based just on the cab figure it looks like it could work. It would all depend on what they do with the trailer. But if they can get what amounts to a fully functioning Menasor as a commander along with that complex a Motormaster then I imagine that whatever Takara had in mind with that Armada Prime would still work at that price point. Whatever happens though, I hope it's not leader class. I like GUOP and all but I don't think an Armada Prime update would work as well at that price point. Energon Prime would work better as a commander as well but at least he could be separated from his drones to save the size class for something else. Like have Energon Prime and the empty trailer as a leader class then the drones as core or something.

Oh and it sucks about Cosmos. The same must go for Buzzworthy Cliffjumper as well. I wish Target at least had a listing for BWCJ so I could maybe use the store tracker like I did to track down other exclusives. With gas prices being what they are, I don't want to go far on blind runs if I have no other reason to go near the "better" stores in my area.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:06 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Takara Armada Prime budget.
I think they should use the design, and fit their budget around it. If they had plans to make a leader figure but it turns out to be too expensive, bump it up to commander. Based on the prototype we got, it looks like it's worth the money. Unless Hasbro completely butchers the trailer, or gives us something cheap and hollow like ER leader Prime just to fit the budget.

They did really well with Legacy Motormaster in giving us our money's worth. I would have taken ER Prime at commander class if we got that voyager Prime and a better trailer. They did it with Rodimus. (For me, that trailer for perfectly with my deluxe TFP Prime figure. It looks cheap enough to go with a deluxe.)
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Takara Armada Prime budget.
I think they should use the design, and fit their budget around it. If they had plans to make a leader figure but it turns out to be too expensive, bump it up to commander. Based on the prototype we got, it looks like it's worth the money. Unless Hasbro completely butchers the trailer, or gives us something cheap and hollow like ER leader Prime just to fit the budget.

They did really well with Legacy Motormaster in giving us our money's worth. I would have taken ER Prime at commander class if we got that voyager Prime and a better trailer. They fid it with Rodimus. (For me, that trailer for perfectly with my deluxe TFP Prime figure. It looks cheap enough to go with a deluxe.)
There's also the possibility that the Takara Armada Prime didn't pass Hasbro's toy safety drop test (the same drop test that prevented the G1 Fort Max mold from being rereleased in the West as RiD 2001 Fort Max).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:21 am

Yes, there are most likely a few reasons for that design not being used. But the prototype looked really good. Like I said, based on that visual evidence, we would have gotten a really nice looking piece if it made it to store shelves.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Big Grim » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:29 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Nemesis Primal wrote:If you actually read to the end, I appreciate you

A most excellent writeup! Thank you! :)

~ Grim
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:37 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

I don't see why the Scramble City gimmick can't be used on the new combiner design. The deluxe "limbs" simply ride the torso's skeleton so like the original concept, the deluxes could ride any skeleton on any limbs.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:13 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

I don't see why the Scramble City gimmick can't be used on the new combiner design. The deluxe "limbs" simply ride the torso's skeleton so like the original concept, the deluxes could ride any skeleton on any limbs.

In case of the arms, the deluxe would have to split apart.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON