This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Revealed and Crowdfunding Campaign is Live

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Woahhhhh, we're half way there...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Revealed and Crowdfunding Campaign is Live

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Out of curiosity, is anyone who is planning on backing but hasn't yet waiting to try to time it and be number 11000?
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:38 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Out of curiosity, is anyone who is planning on backing but hasn't yet waiting to try to time it and be number 11000?

*raises hand* ;) . However, when I found out that you don't get any official notification from Hasbro of which backer number(s) you are, you only have to go back to the order screen and screenshot real quick, I realized anybody could do that, so it became far less fun of an idea. Plus there is a good chance that if they do a mass count of cooperating vendors, international orders etc. as the deadline gets closer, it could jump by several hundred in a short span of time.

Also just an odd observation; I was watching it for probably the last 30 or so minutes before it got to 5500. At one point the number actually went down by a little bit, indicating , I guess you can cancel your order...
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:40 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
o.supreme wrote:Also just an odd observation; I was watching it for probably the last 30 or so minutes before it got to 5500. At one point the number actually went down by a little bit, indicating , I guess you can cancel your order...

Oh yes you can.
That's how I escaped from Unicron.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Asepticon » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:03 pm

For the love of god, put some forearm covers on Saber.
Asepticon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
In-person photos of the gray prototype on display at Fan Expo Boston.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby First-Aid » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
How big are these figures going to be? Any details? Those pics make it look fairly hefty.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:01 pm

First-Aid wrote:How big are these figures going to be? Any details? Those pics make it look fairly hefty.
Sabrblade wrote:Size comparison from TFW:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Do we know if the V-lock cannon can attach to the hip of Victory Leo like on the original toy?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Do we know if the V-lock cannon can attach to the hip of Victory Leo like on the original toy?

They showed off during the reveal stream that it can. Someone also noticed that Victory Leo has 5mm ports just above the gatling guns too
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
First-Aid wrote:How big are these figures going to be? Any details? Those pics make it look fairly hefty.

1-inch Brain of Courage Brainmaster figure
5-inch Autobot Saber figure
8.5-inch V-Star jet
7.5-inch Victory Leo figure

If V-Star is 8.5 then Star Saber should be closer to 10" which seems about right when looking at Star Saber and Leo together. Combined they might be closer to 12".

Those display shots make the posing look a lot more appealing, that's for sure. And I like the work around they came up with for Leo's visible hands in VS mode, simple but very effective.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Images of Haslab Star Saber, Victory Leo and Victory Saber Prototypes from Boston Fan Expo

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade has alerted us of some fun new images of the prototypes being showcased at the Boston Fan Expo by Hasbro as part of the Haslab Victory Saber project. The images come from Xellos who posted on The Allspark. We also have some from TFs on Vacation who posed them on the TFW boards. They had the recent Generations Punch/Counterpunch with them for a scale comparison and gave a description of the sizes. Star Saber himself was said to be slightly taller than a Titans Return leader class figure. And looing at the comparison with the deluxe figure on hand, Victory Leo seems more in line with a big voyager class toy. A comparison image posted by Bravemaximike makes it look like the combined Victory Saber mode is almost as big as Commander class Jetfire. Here are the images below for you to enjoy! They were first posted here.

Also, for those wondering, with only orders from US, Canada and UK, the number of orders for this project is currently 5669. Here is the link to the page on Pulse.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Autobot N » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:26 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Looks fantastic!
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 am

william-james88 wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade has alerted us of some fun new images of the prototypes being showcased at the Boston Fan Expo by Hasbro as part of the Haslab Victory Saber project. The images come from TFs on Vacation who posed them on the TFW boards.
Those aren't the pics I linked to in my news submission. These are, from Xellos on The Allspark (different person):

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby optimeow » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:55 am

My fears of Victory Leo’s Lion face being flattish has been laid to rest. Yay! Looks great now :)

Still don’t like the fact that Victory Leo’s cannons are not full cylinders. The under side looks ugly when the cannons are pointing upwards :(

I do hope we hit 14000 to get the V-lock Cannon. It would be a shame if we had to go third-party for that. Victory Leo would never be complete without it.

It would also be really great if the packaging paid homage to the original Victory Saber 2-pack.

I wish we get swapple face plates for the brain master as a stretch goal if we can even get to 17000 or a sword that looks more like the anime (which the MP had). A flight stand for the combined mode would be nice too. HasLab, I hope one of you reads this,
optimeow
Micromaster

Postby o.supreme » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:53 am

While all Selects until now, and even Unicron had a plain brown packaging, we've seen a bit of upscale in the Galactic Odyssey series having more details on the inner package. I am curious to see what the Golden Disk series looks like as well as Black Zarak, the first Titan Selects. I'm hoping for a more detailed package, so we shall see when it comes time for Victory Saber.

Also, Galactus' estimated shipping date is fall 2022. I imagine that Victory Saber will be about the same time. There are 3 Haslabs (Razorcrest, Sentinel, and Heroquest) that are all supposed to ship before end of this year.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Autobot N » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
o.supreme wrote:While all Selects until now, and even Unicron had a plain brown packaging, we've seen a bit of upscale in the Galactic Odyssey series having more details on the inner package. I am curious to see what the Golden Disk series looks like as well as Black Zarak, the first Titan Selects. I'm hoping for a more detailed package, so we shall see when it comes time for Victory Saber.

Also, Galactus' estimated shipping date is fall 2022. I imagine that Victory Saber will be about the same time. There are 3 Haslabs (Razorcrest, Sentinel, and Heroquest) that are all supposed to ship before end of this year.
I think they said Star Saber ships in December 2022
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby griftimus prime » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:19 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
looks like the legs are on stilts i cant get passed it. they really blew it with that. thats why i wont get it. maybe a painted prototype could change my mind. but not likely
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:30 pm

griftimus prime wrote:looks like the legs are on stilts i cant get passed it. they really blew it with that. thats why i wont get it. maybe a painted prototype could change my mind. but not likely
They're boots.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby bluecatcinema » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:55 pm

griftimus prime wrote:looks like the legs are on stilts i cant get passed it. they really blew it with that. thats why i wont get it. maybe a painted prototype could change my mind. but not likely

That's how the combination works. Have you not seen Victory Saber before?
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster

Postby Emerje » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The feet looked a little silly in the original renders, but I don't think they look particularly bad on Victory Saber on the prototype. No better or worse than Legends God Ginrai.

I have no doubt they'll come in a brown box which is dumb as all the other HasLab stuff have been in full color boxes.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby concrusher792 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
They're boots.

Yup, it’s a common combination method for gattai robos. God Ginrai has a similar situation, as well many SS/PR Mecha/Zord combiners as well (Ninninger’s King Shurikenjin and Go-Buster’s Great Buster come to mind). Sometimes it works, sometimes it looks a kid walking with bucket stilts or even snow shoes on.
concrusher792
Micromaster

Postby First-Aid » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Emerje wrote:

1-inch Brain of Courage Brainmaster figure
5-inch Autobot Saber figure
8.5-inch V-Star jet
7.5-inch Victory Leo figure

If V-Star is 8.5 then Star Saber should be closer to 10" which seems about right when looking at Star Saber and Leo together. Combined they might be closer to 12".

Those display shots make the posing look a lot more appealing, that's for sure. And I like the work around they came up with for Leo's visible hands in VS mode, simple but very effective.

Emerje

Thanks for the clarification, E-man. I am waffling on this, but if its a foot tall or close that may seal it. I feel you get better details with the larger figures and im a details lover.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5

Postby StaceyK93 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
First time backing a haslab project hope it meets all to goals
Always loved big combiner transformers
StaceyK93
Mini-Con

Postby BotsNotPlots » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 am

I feel like the US price ($180) for this is definitely worth backing, but the UK price (£180) makes it a tough choice. This makes it out to be about £50/$70 difference, and I'd very much like to know where the extra cash is going.
BotsNotPlots
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robot Replicas ROTF 2009 210930A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON