This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Revealed and Crowdfunding Campaign is Live

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
cruizerdave wrote:I bet that makes Retroblasting’s blood boil!

Every Haslab has funded (sans cookie monster). The guy is just an unhappy, jaded collector. I admit, I walk that line myself sometimes, and I try not to be too critical, and I apologize when I do. I am all for wanting the best toys possible, for the least amount, and readily available, but unfortunatley that's just not real life all of the time. I loved the debate recently between Mike (Retroblasting), and Scott (Spectre Creative), if not for Scotts bad internet for the first 30 minuets, it would have been a much more enjoyable watch.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber Revealed and Crowdfunding Campaign is Live

Postby Flashwave » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:42 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Epsilon Delta wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Epsilon Delta wrote:I'm just thinking, if it was a Bumblebee or an Optimus Prime under $50, I could understand marketing to the parents. The fact that it's around $200 (after taxes) of an unrecognizable character (to a parent that would be "shoppinging off the ads" to find a gift for their child), it just really doesn't make sense. I would be very interested to know how many parents with no affinity for Transformers backed this because they were looking for a gift for their kid that likes Transformers. I need stats Hasbro

What makes no sense to me is that this toy comes out in 2022 and we don't have a sure date.

Parents do make big purchases for their kids, but it's usually for special events and it,s of things they know they want then. Asking parents to spend 200$ for a toy released sometime next year with no guarantee that their kid will still be into it then? Just feels like a charade to make it seem like they are still a fully family friendly company and are not dedicating themselves to just fans, for even this particular product.

I didn't even think about it not coming out until next year. Kids' tastes are very fickle. My son is going from Transformers, to Beyblades, to Power Rangers, to Pokemon and back again. It changes weekly. You can't buy anything unless you plan on giving it to them right away because you wait too long and they might not be into it anymore.

I too want to know who the parents are throwing $200 around because they read an ad, and see if they want to adopt me. They really should word it "Parents, collectors, enthusiasts..." Are they just trying to fool... I'm not sure... Themselves?

I always assumed its a required legal disclaimer. We have kids rhat browse this site , see the postings, this is one of those "ask your parents..." Type things that Hasbro has to include
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Once the TT and 3P orders flood into the total, I'll be surprised if the number end at below 20k backed units.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Immortal Starscream » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:05 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:Once the TT and 3P orders flood into the total, I'll be surprised if the number end at below 20k backed units.

This is, imho a matter of fact. I have no doubt in my mind that we will break that 20k mark. the question is if it will go high enough for them to churn out an extra tier, like they have with previous haslab projects.

doubt it, but its neat to dream. :-D

already planning on trying to 3d model a teeny slug figure of Jan for my resin printer though

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:12 pm

This probably happens more often, but just kind of keeping tabs to see when it hits 18K. It did take a little dip (was at 17970, then went down to 17945). Nothing to really be of much concern about, but still you just don't expect it ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Unless Hasbro is talking to parents of 30 year olds who still live with them in the basement.
Not cool, man.

As a 33 year old who lives with his in laws, I took no offense. Would love it if my mom (either one) bought this for me.

Any chance on keying me in on what this refers to?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Crosscheck » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
I was kinda hoping for a last minute 23K tier that had something else included, since I am thinking this is going to top out at around that level. Oh well, I am glad it is hitting the tiers. I would have been a disappointed if it didn't hit the tiers. I love rescue-themed Transformers and adding more Micromasters is pretty awesome. The shield isn't that important to me, since I actually want to put the V-Lock Cannon in the spot it takes on the ship mode (I love symmetry).
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
We're past the 18,000 mark.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:30 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Any chance on keying me in on what this refers to?

Retroblasting is a channel for a Toy Collector/Reviewer on YouTube named Michael French. I haven't watched too much of his content, but from what I've seen, he is a very bitter and jaded toy collector. He has vilified Hasbro on several occasions, and has made his opinion quite well known about his disdain for the whole Haslab crowdfunding process (he believes all these big ticket items should be sold at retail).

This debate is actually a good watch, you can skip the first 30 mins though as Scott Neitlich was having internet issues the whole time. It raised a lot of good questions, unfortunately with very few answers though.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby threeonetwo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pm

I bet that these are already made, they're just wasting time to see how much $$$ they can get out of it. Though i do want it too :D
threeonetwo
Mini-Con

Postby Emerje » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So I ended up ordering a second one, number 18,221, and shortly after it was already up to 18,264. It's going to be an interesting weekend. I just hope that at some point they don't pull a Unicron and change the number "20,000+".

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby sol magnus » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Emerje wrote:So I ended up ordering a second one, number 18,221, and shortly after it was already up to 18,264. It's going to be an interesting weekend. I just hope that at some point they don't pull a Unicron and change the number "20,000+".

Emerje

They didn't do it for Galactus...I think we're good.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby CyclonusG1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:42 am

Flashwave wrote:
Epsilon Delta wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Epsilon Delta wrote:I'm just thinking, if it was a Bumblebee or an Optimus Prime under $50, I could understand marketing to the parents. The fact that it's around $200 (after taxes) of an unrecognizable character (to a parent that would be "shoppinging off the ads" to find a gift for their child), it just really doesn't make sense. I would be very interested to know how many parents with no affinity for Transformers backed this because they were looking for a gift for their kid that likes Transformers. I need stats Hasbro

What makes no sense to me is that this toy comes out in 2022 and we don't have a sure date.

Parents do make big purchases for their kids, but it's usually for special events and it,s of things they know they want then. Asking parents to spend 200$ for a toy released sometime next year with no guarantee that their kid will still be into it then? Just feels like a charade to make it seem like they are still a fully family friendly company and are not dedicating themselves to just fans, for even this particular product.

I didn't even think about it not coming out until next year. Kids' tastes are very fickle. My son is going from Transformers, to Beyblades, to Power Rangers, to Pokemon and back again. It changes weekly. You can't buy anything unless you plan on giving it to them right away because you wait too long and they might not be into it anymore.

I too want to know who the parents are throwing $200 around because they read an ad, and see if they want to adopt me. They really should word it "Parents, collectors, enthusiasts..." Are they just trying to fool... I'm not sure... Themselves?

I always assumed its a required legal disclaimer. We have kids rhat browse this site , see the postings, this is one of those "ask your parents..." Type things that Hasbro has to include

I had this same discussion with a guy on Facebook and there are apparently parents who do buy these Haslab projects for their children. Supposedly, this one guy backed Unicron for his preteen daughter which I honestly don't know if he's serious and just using it for bragging or just full of it. Either way, I find it hard to believe anyone would be buying something like that for their child. Even more so here with Star Saber being so obscure that there's a contingency of adult fans who have grown up with Transformers since the 80s who have no idea who Star Saber is. I personally think that Hasbro needs to just accept that a lot of their products, especially these and any store exclusives, are more than likely being brought by adults for themselves than for kids. At the very least change their wording to "parents and collectors pre-order here" or something.
CyclonusG1
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:27 am

CyclonusG1 wrote:Even more so here with Star Saber being so obscure that there's a contingency of adult fans who have grown up with Transformers since the 80s who have no idea who Star Saber is.

Hey, that's me!

And yet I still backed this...he just looks awesome. Plus the accessibility is a big factor. If it's easy for me to get an exclusive kinda thing, I just want it, because I know I can get it fairly easily where other people may not be able to.
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:38 am

It's that simple."
sol magnus wrote:
Emerje wrote:So I ended up ordering a second one, number 18,221, and shortly after it was already up to 18,264. It's going to be an interesting weekend. I just hope that at some point they don't pull a Unicron and change the number "20,000+".

Emerje

I don't get it.
You mean they displayed the number of backed units as "number+" instead of showing the precise amount?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:56 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Emerje

I don't get it.
You mean they displayed the number of backed units as "number+" instead of showing the precise amount?

Go on Pulse and look for yourself under the Haslab tab. Galactus shows they had 31520 not 30000+
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:50 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Emerje

I don't get it.

Go on Pulse and look for yourself under the Haslab tab. Galactus shows they had 31520 not 30000+

Capture.JPG

This is why there are so many conspiracy theories about Hasbro beefing up the numbers to make it look like a bigger success than it was. It had said 8,000+, but according to TFWiki it got bumped up to 12,000+ a month after the campaign ended and then at some point dropped down to the current 10,000+. Weird stuff.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:28 pm

The Haslab page seems to be constantly behind. It still hasn't acknowledged that VS tier 2 has been unlocked, and the images of tier 1 and tier 2 are still Grayscale images.

Also, we know the Haslab Sentinel has shipped, but they still haven't moved it down the the "past projects" category along with SW Sail Barge & Unicron. The number of backers for the Sentinel still shows 21,885 Backed with a Target of 8K. If after it gets moved down to "Past Projects" it gets changed to 8K+, then that might be a time to raise questions.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
o.supreme wrote:You are not the only one. I wanted to know as well. Will was doing some research. The numbers were just guesstimated (It would be nice if Hasbro actually told us), but I think we were guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 50K units for a Titan, and 100K for a CC. Of course those would probably vary slightly depending on how well the previous one sold. Having to do a 2nd (even if much smaller) run like Omega Supreme and Scorponok is a good sign as opposed to going on clearance like Fort Max or Trypticon (*though to be fair I think Tryp was more of a distribution issue. If Walmart and Target chose to carry it at the time , not just TRU, it probably wouldn't have ended up at Ollies for $40)

Yeah, a lot of Trypticon's problems came from TRU closing. Everyone in the industry, including Hasbro, thought other retailers would step in to pick up the slack. There were reports of stores that don't have toy sections starting new ones, traditional retailers expanding their toy aisles and Amazon taking in more orders. Probably that last one was the only one that happened as they ended up with a glut of Trypticons, but Hasbro didn't get the B&M orders they needed for casual buyers, impulse buyers and parents and had to liquidate their stock which must have been pretty excessive. Hasbro's new plan to reduce the initial stock, monitor demand and then restock nearly a year later if needed is probably the right move for them.

Now, that said.

STAND UNLOCKED! currently sitting at 17,550!

Emerje

That's how I missed out on Predaking. I was waiting for a deep-discount sale where it would've ended up under $100. I almost missed out on Omega Supreme too.

william-james88 wrote:

Parents do make big purchases for their kids, but it's usually for special events and it's of things they know they want then. Asking parents to spend 200$ for a toy released sometime next year with no guarantee that their kid will still be into it then? Just feels like a charade to make it seem like they are still a fully family friendly company and are not dedicating themselves to just fans, for even this particular product.

Unless Hasbro is talking to parents of 30 year olds who still live with them in the basement.

Between you and I, I think it's to cover that adult collectors make up for more of their sales than they care to admit to.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby o.supreme » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 pm

19K 26+ hours left.... looking good ;)^

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Flashwave » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:34 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
00:24:33 left to get 893 more backers. C'mon people, I NEEDZ MY SHIELD.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby sol magnus » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:39 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Flashwave wrote:00:24:33 left to get 893 more backers. C'mon people, I NEEDZ MY SHIELD.

We got this.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:43 pm

It's that simple."
Are Japan's and 3P orders even counted yet? Because I'm sure we are already WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY past the 20K mark at this point.

Also, for those on the fence... DAFOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? :michaelbay:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:57 pm

I'm not sure how this works. Since they plan to charge everyone on October 11th. Monday is a Federal Holiday in the U.S. and banks are closed. I guess they can get payment from all non U.S. orders, but the rest will come from people's accounts on Tuesday the 12th.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Roadbuster » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:34 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:Are Japan's and 3P orders even counted yet? Because I'm sure we are already WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY past the 20K mark at this point.

Also, for those on the fence... DAFOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? :michaelbay:

Pretty sure they are beig tallied as that number goes up. Adding that many orders into their system can take time depending on how they are done. I just checked and it was sitting at 19,226. We should pass the finish line by sunrise, at this rate.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON