This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Best Ramjet Transformers Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:26 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Every month, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Ramjet is the next seeker/conehead we look at in this series of lists. Since many of these molds have already been visited in the past, the blurbs for each will be rather brief. While writing the lists for the coneheads, what I did find interesting was that each of them had at least one toy which is unique to them. Like this first one here...

5. Transformers Generation 2 Ramjet

Interestingly enough, this variant of the G1 seeker mold was first done for Ramjet, with Starscream coming after. It featured new firing missile launchers and a sound effects box, along with a rad G2 deco.

4.Transformers Masterpiece Ramjet

While I am far more lenient on the conehead version of the MP mold, due to all the extra retooling you get for each of the coneheads' unique wing patterns, I have to address the elephant in the room. The initial batch of Masterpiece Ramjet toys were misassembled the the point of not being able to convert the toy. Paying $200 for a dated mold is already not fun but for it to have such bad QC is shameful. But the toy did get corrected and it since retailers were told to keep the bad copies, they could have been obtained for really cheap by any fan willing to try to fix it themselves. So good news for some in a sea of bad news. MP Ramjet being on this list takes none of that QC in consideration and looks at the toy as intended and as I hope he is in your collection. And what he is, is fine. I like the retooling, love that jet mode, love that secret door paneling on the wings that rotates, I like the step of flipping the cockpit chest to be more screen accurate, and I loathe the giant dong it gives him and the other coneheads.

3. Transformers Classics Ramjet

I really like the classics version of the mold for the coneheads over the seekers for the lack of kibble behind the head in robot mode. That's something even the (better) Earthrise mold couldn't do. And, as with the other coneheads, Hasbro does go all out by giving Ramjet the different wings he should have.

2. Transformers Universe Ramjet

This is an absolutely gorgeous looking Transformers toy. That deco is slick. While the white element is part of the G1 deco, this set just kicks it up a notch with adding a lot of blue highlights making this the most unique deco on the list (yeah, even more than that G2 one, purple ain't that rare a colour for bad guys). Plus this mold comes with all the extras we got from the Skywarp retooling of the original Armada Starscream mold. Plus this Toysrus Exclusive boxset came with a bunch of minicons for added fun.

1. Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Ramjet

This mold rocks. It took an excellent mold as a basis and made it the right size, and added the necessary articulation. It's the ideal mode to collect now to have the full array of seekers on your shelf, and at the right scale.

Honourable mention

Transformers Club Exclusives G2 Ramjet and Selects G2 Ramjet

The G2 colours were pretty rad and I find it fun that they keep coming up with this toy. Now we have both the Classics and Earthrise mold with this particular deco.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best Ramjet Transformers Toys

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:50 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
A shame how the best Ramjet on this list is nearly impossible to obtain at a worthy price.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:53 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I'm not familiar with most of the Ramjet figures, but I'll agree that the ER mold makes that Ramjet the best. I love that set and all 6 jets look really good in a group.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Mistaken_Table » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:15 am

List is incorrect. No mention of Ramjet that came with Armada/Energon Tidal wave. Folded up and hid in his bicep, had an Optimus Prime face and was 1 of the only (if not only) minicons that had the articulation to use the seats in Tidal Wave's shins.

But the 5 listed are good too, I guess. Just a shame Amazon was trusted to distribute the definitive Ramjet. Bloody scalpers.
Mistaken_Table
Micromaster

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 am

I thought the timing of the list was prompted by the Cyberverse Divebomb-Armor Ramjet. Does that one suck so bad that it warrants no mention whatsoever? I haven't handled him yet.

Dang, I really should get Henkei Ramjet, I forgot about that extra detailing on Classics Ramjet's alt mode, since I've displayed them all in bot mode for so long.

Good list, I'd never heard of the MP misassembly before. I guess I'm waiting on all the retools of MP-mark-3 Starscream before considering any more Seekers that scale.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:14 am

Bumblevivisector wrote:I thought the timing of the list was prompted by the Cyberverse Divebomb-Armor Ramjet. Does that one suck so bad that it warrants no mention whatsoever? I haven't handled him yet.

This list was made month ago, as was the chosen time to post it. But yeah, the Cyberverse toy has come out since and it is not great, definitely not better than any on this list.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby cruizerdave » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:19 am

Good list!
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby cruizerdave » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:20 am

Quantum Surge wrote:A shame how the best Ramjet on this list is nearly impossible to obtain at a worthy price.

Truth!
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Big Grim » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:14 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Excellent list but no G1 Ramjet? I may be a bit soft on him, being he was my first Transformer...

~ Grim
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Ramjet is probably my favourite of the Coneheads. Always loved his colours, and his personality as "the idiot who likes to use midair ramming as a tactic" is hilarious. A shame he gets the shaft in a lot of media (including going into a wannabe Starscream in his spotlight in IDW for some reason).

Anyway, good list! A shame as has been mentioned that ER Ramjet is nigh-unobtainable, though I do quite like the hilariously loud G2 colours and am tempted to pick him up.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Roger approves of this list ;)

Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
You know, with all of the Seeker repaints we've had over the years I'm surprised they've never done one based on the G2 package art with the grape purple body, black fists and teal canopy. Would have made a good Shattered glass deco.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Big Grim wrote:Excellent list but no G1 Ramjet? I may be a bit soft on him, being he was my first Transformer...

~ Grim

That's an awesome first Transformer to own. The G1 mold is represented somewhat with the G2 version being on the list (would have been rather redundant to include the G1 toy too). I do find the G2 version more important for Ramjet compared to his seeker brethren since it gives him something extra the others didn't have. Plus, it's a pretty great deco that really sets him apart.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Evil Eye wrote:Ramjet is probably my favourite of the Coneheads. Always loved his colours, and his personality as "the idiot who likes to use midair ramming as a tactic" is hilarious. A shame he gets the shaft in a lot of media (including going into a wannabe Starscream in his spotlight in IDW for some reason).

I'm just gonna second this. he's got a hilarious fighting tactic that almost makes him endearing, and he featured heavily in one of my favorite season-two episodes, "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court'.

Anyway, good list. Although I think number two should've been number one.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:13 pm

o.supreme wrote:Roger approves of this list ;)

Why they just made Universe/Armada Ramjet's minicon another Thunderclash (or was he actually sharing with Skywarp?) when he should've obviously been named "PROTON" is beyond me.

"If he can't decompose it, nobody can!"
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Big Grim » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:17 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
william-james88 wrote:That's an awesome first Transformer to own. The G1 mold is represented somewhat with the G2 version being on the list (would have been rather redundant to include the G1 toy too). I do find the G2 version more important for Ramjet compared to his seeker brethren since it gives him something extra the others didn't have. Plus, it's a pretty great deco that really sets him apart.

That's fair, and yeah, he was a great first TF. Had my eye on Soundwave but we had to wait a week. No soundwave but there was this glorious, striking white jet with dark red wings. He won me over! :D

~ Grim
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I have 3 Ramjet toys to date, and I will rank them below:

3) Cyberverse ultra: fun concept, with a neat new weapon, but he is very clunky and gets in his own way sadly.

2) ER: I am OK with the ER Seeker mold, it doesn't wow me a lot, but it is still neat. I think Ramjet is the weakest of the 4 coneheads I own (I didn't get the G2 deco), but he is still solid.

1) TFCC T30 Ramjet: got the newer little guy at TFcon 2019, I adore that little guy. The head sculpt alone is better than the other 2 Ramjets on this list, he is a lot of fun and has a lot of personality
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SPLINTERED FATE #1 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231484 1D (CA) Rahzzah"
TMNT SPLINTERED FA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231432 3B (CA) Brown"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #103 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 DEC190609 103A Ninja Turtles Ongoing 3A 231010Y"
TMNT #103 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230121 117A"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr G Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230085 114G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230321 11F Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231601 5A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2023 MADBALLS vs GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #0 Dynamite Comics DEC220024 GPK"
FCBD 2023 MADBALLS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #1 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230114 1C (CA) Montes"
MMPR THE RETURN #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230260 12D (CA) Lee"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr B IDW Comics JUN231428 (CA)Lawrence"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR #116 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV230038 116F Power Rangers 240123A"
MMPR #116 Cvr F 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr G 1:15 Boom Studios Comics 2023 FEB230326 5G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #4 Cvr B Dynamite Comics NOV230232 4B GPK"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON