This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bishoujo Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Bishoujo Optimus Prime and Megatron Revealed

Postby Emerje » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:35 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
MaximalNui wrote:Megatron, on the other hand...feels very basic, and way too subtle for its own good. The only thing remotely Megatron-y about it is the cannon, and maybe the belt.

The belt for sure. Her hair is also cut in the shape of Megatron's helmet, she has black eye shadow over her red eyes to represent the black spaces over his eyes without looking clownish, plus the red liner of gray jacket. Personally I think Megatron is more successful and cohesive than "blue haired girl in a red jacket with impractical goggles and nonsensical wheels on her boots carrying a rolling briefcase for some reason."

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:32 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Wow, this fan went out of her way, this is so well done

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaannnnnnnggggggggggggggg!

:shock: :x :BOWDOWN:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby AcademyofDrX » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:23 am

Twitter account for the cosplayer:
https://twitter.com/TfMarvel

Additional photos there.

I think the most recent TFCon had cosplayers for both Bishoujo designs, and I recall seeing Megatron too, though I think the Bishoujo design borrowed from earlier cosplay outfits.

Megatron cosplayer photo from TFCon LA: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbBhx51Pgb5/
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:08 pm

It's that simple."
AcademyofDrX wrote:Twitter account for the cosplayer:
https://twitter.com/TfMarvel

Additional photos there.

I think the most recent TFCon had cosplayers for both Bishoujo designs, and I recall seeing Megatron too, though I think the Bishoujo design borrowed from earlier cosplay outfits.

Megatron cosplayer photo from TFCon LA: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbBhx51Pgb5/

I adore cosplays that are sexy, awesome, and creative.

But add the damn COVID mask and it gives me depression.

I hope things will go back to normal soon. The virus is here to stay. We just have to live with it.
Montreal is due its Comiccon.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Kotobukiya Teases Bishoujo Bumblebee as Optimus Prime Pre-Orders Open

Postby Emerje » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:34 pm

The figure line that sees Autobots and Decepticons transform in an entirely different way is teasing a third figure to joint Optimus Prime and Megatron. Kotobukiya announced over on Twitter that Bumblebee will soon be added to the lineup in what appears to be a horned hoody and shorts? It's hard to make out much from the simple silhouette, but Koto knows their fanbase (as evident by comments on Twitter and MFC) so she'll likely have an appealing design.

Meanwhile pre-orders have finally opened for Bishoujo Optimus Prime. The new images of the figure show that she'll actually be coming with an alternate head featuring a stylized mask. She's priced at $150 and expected to ship sometime between April and February 2023.

Emerje
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:02 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Correct me if I'm wrong but the prime face plate looks like it might be movie design inspired.

As for Bee, going for a hoodie design is quite clever as the original does lend itself to it easy. What would have been fun is if the girl herself resembled adult Sari from Animated
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:45 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the prime face plate looks like it might be movie design inspired.

As for Bee, going for a hoodie design is quite clever as the original does lend itself to it easy. What would have been fun is if the girl herself resembled adult Sari from Animated

To be honest, I don't expect this figure to look like an adult.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby SpaceEagle » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:10 am

Motto: "Better nothing than something bad."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the prime face plate looks like it might be movie design inspired.

To be honest, I don't expect this figure to look like an adult.

Emerje

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....
[Insert TFWiki's "child soldier" theory from Animated Bumblebee's article here]
Like a regular eagle, but from space.
SpaceEagle
Targetmaster
Alt Mode: Eagle
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 4

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:21 am

It's that simple."
That Bee may be a very kawai-desu loli character. I wonder if she will be the cute or prankster archetype? :-?

As for Prime, the preorders are up everywhere. Depending on the shipping price, it may be worth preordering from Japan due to the current weak yen.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:54 pm

The mask and trailer/briefcase really pull this together, making her almost look like an unused SSSS Gridman design.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:12 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:The mask and trailer/briefcase really pull this together, making her almost look like an unused SSSS Gridman design.

Please don't say stuff like that, I've done really well resisting these so far! :lol:

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 am

I wish the glasses/shades were either a) removeable or at least b) swappable with something a bit more traditional looking. The crest on them kind of kills it for me, tipping it into 'trying too hard territory'.

Also... is it wrong I'd almost prefer Cliffjumper over Bee? But I know if Bee doesn't sell.. we'll never get around to Cliff lol.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Transformers Bishoujo News: G1 Convoy Voices a Video and Starscream Voted for Next

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:21 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Whether fans admit it or not, the Transformers brand in Japan has a history of crossover appeal with fans who collect anime girl type statues. The whole Kiss Player franchise from 2006 plays on that and this Bishoujo Transformers line is just the latest addition to this. The brand is going all out to legitimize this chapter by having non other than Tessho Genda, the voice of Convoy (G1 Optimus Prime in Japan), introduce this collection of statues in a video. Tessho Genda voices Optimus in Japan more often than Peter Cullen does in America, and lends his voice to a lot of official Transformers promotions so even if you never watched the G1 show in Japanese, odds are you will still recognize that booming voice when you watch the clip below.

In other Bishoujo news, there was a fan vote held for the next statue after Bumblebee and the winner was Starscream. This is great news for collectors of this line since that always means there is potential for redecos into other classic characters.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Bishoujo News: G1 Convoy Voices a Video and Starscream Voted for Next

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:02 am

william-james88 wrote:Whether fans admit it or not, the Transformers brand in Japan has a history of crossover appeal with fans who collect anime girl type statues. The whole Kiss Player franchise from 2006 plays on that and this Bishoujo Transformers line is just the latest addition to this. The brand is going all out to legitimize this chapter by having non other than Tessho Genda, the voice of Convoy (G1 Optimus Prime in Japan), introduce this collection of statues in a video. Tessho Genda voices Optimus in Japan more often than Peter Cullen does in America, and lends his voice to a lot of official Transformers promotions so even if you never watched the G1 show in Japanese, odds are you will still recognize that booming voice when you watch the clip below.

In other Bishoujo news, there was a fan vote held for the next statue after Bumblebee and the winner was Starscream. This is great news for collectors of this line since that always means there is potential for redecos into other classic characters.

The seeker repaint potential off the Starscream statue will be through the roof!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Re: Transformers Bishoujo News: G1 Convoy Voices a Video and Starscream Voted for Next

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:47 am

It's that simple."
ZeroWolf wrote:The seeker repaint potential off the Starscream statue will be through the roof!

I'm really looking forward a Starscream Bishoujo statue. However, I know how anime figures works and even if repaints do happen, it always represents the SAME character. For Thundercracker and Skywarp, those are sure to be unique sculpts representing their unique traits and personality.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:35 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:The seeker repaint potential off the Starscream statue will be through the roof!

I'm really looking forward a Starscream Bishoujo statue. However, I know how anime figures works and even if repaints do happen, it always represents the SAME character. For Thundercracker and Skywarp, those are sure to be unique sculpts representing their unique traits and personality.

Ah I get you mean.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:38 am

It's that simple."
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Ah I get you mean.

Same rule apply foe western statues as well.

Best example, TMNT.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:23 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:

I wouldn't count on it here though. I posted earlier in this thread some straight G.I.Joe repaints that represented different characters. I fully expect "Starscream Blue" and "Starscream Black".

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:41 am

It's that simple."
Emerje wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I wouldn't count on it here though. I posted earlier in this thread some straight G.I.Joe repaints that represented different characters. I fully expect "Starscream Blue" and "Starscream Black".

Emerje

As far as Kotobukiya Bishoujo statues go, the only Joes repaints I'm aware of are the Baroness, Lady Jae, and Scarlet. All have color variants but they are not different characters.

Also, in Statue collecting it's important to have different poses and expressions for characters that normally looks "the same". Especially for main characters. I've yet to see lazy repaints for main characters in the expensive statues world.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:58 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:As far as Kotobukiya Bishoujo statues go, the only Joes repaints I'm aware of are the Baroness, Lady Jae, and Scarlet. All have color variants but they are not different characters.

No, Scarlett and Lady Jaye were different characters, they just didn't bother changing the names since they're pretty obscure but unique nonetheless.

Scarlett Sky Blue

Glenda
arg_glenda_big.jpg

Lady Jaye Canary Ann

Canary Ann
canaryann.jpg

I hope the other Seekers get better, but I'm not so sure. I'm sure we'll get Optimus in Magnus and Nemesis colors, Megatron will probably get a green repaint which should be fine. Maybe red and gold variants for Bee.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:20 am

It's that simple."
Maybe as obs characters a simple repaint is understandable. A "why not".
But Thundercracker and Skywarp are main characters so they cannot be simple Screamers repaint. But for oddballs like Red Guard and Hotlink, it's possible.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
There can be an argument made that the third party Nicee figure is ALREADY a bishoujo figure....
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:36 pm

It's that simple."
First-Aid wrote:There can be an argument made that the third party Nicee figure is ALREADY a bishoujo figure....

Not really. For that, she would needs to be a statue. Plus she needed to be humanized.

I'd love to see one. She would be kinda like this Pokémon trainer, backpack and all:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:50 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
-Kanrabat- wrote:
First-Aid wrote:There can be an argument made that the third party Nicee figure is ALREADY a bishoujo figure....

Not really. For that, she would needs to be a statue. Plus she needed to be humanized.

I'd love to see one. She would be kinda like this Pokémon trainer, backpack and all:

Not top-heavy enough. And I'm not talking about the backpack...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON