This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Comic Mini Series Coming from Nick Roche and E.J. Su

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Comic Mini Series Coming from Nick Roche and E.J. Su

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Looks like IDW wants to end on a high with their Transformers content. They have just announced a new 4 issue mini series written by Nick Roche and with E.J. Su as the main artist. That mini series is Last Bot Standing and it will start in May. Here are the details followed by a preview.

In Transformers: Last Bot Standing, the war for Cybertron is long over, yet what it started lingers at the edges of the universe and at the end of time. Readers will discover the planet Donnok, a world poised for an industrial revolution, just beginning to grasp mechanization. The planet’s future is forever changed when a shape-shifted robot from a dead civilization pays a visit.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: New Comic Mini Series Coming from Nick Roche and E.J. Su

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:50 am

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Glad IDW is doing some kind of “License’s End” series at least. RIP IDW G2, may the next series last 10+ years
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby AshelehsA » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:46 am

Looks like after 10,000 years Rodimus is free! It's time to conquer Donnok
AshelehsA
Mini-Con

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:35 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
AshelehsA wrote:Looks like after 10,000 years Rodimus is free! It's time to conquer Donnok

:lol: Now I'm picturing Rodimus with that voice...

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued. I like these kind of stories. Just a shame with IDW about to lose the license that they can't just finally release Legacy of Rust, too.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:31 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I'm intrigued as well. When I saw the headline, my 1st thought was Please please don't be yet another Optimus story. By the looks of the silhouette thankfully it won't be.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby partholon » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:04 pm

its a poetic bow out for sure.

getting serious superman vibes off those preview pages.

be interesting to see what story Nick tells here, and its always nice to see EJ again.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
AshelehsA wrote:Looks like after 10,000 years Rodimus is free! It's time to conquer Donnok

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued. I like these kind of stories. Just a shame with IDW about to lose the license that they can't just finally release Legacy of Rust, too.

Legacy of Rust! Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in years. At this point, why not?
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:37 am

Always Guilty..."
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Legacy of Rust! Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in years. At this point, why not?

I've always thought there has been criminally little done within the entire franchise, regarding Punch/Counterpunch and Doubledealer. There is so much potential to be mined through them. A mindset to be explored and developed. IDWverse 1.0, while they did a decent job with Dealer in the Spotlights. Legacy of Rust will forever be the "we were going to do something with Punch, but didn't".
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 11, 2022 11:38 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Just picked up issue 1 and read it. Best TF comic I've read in years. Pacing has that signature momentum to it that Roche's stories have where the suspense reaches a crescendo, genuine surprises occur, things barely settle then a last page hook jabs you in the brain when you realize more isn't coming until next month.

The story so far feels, to me, like a challenge to the well-worn "alien robots land on a planet seeking refuge and/or resources" plot that's been done to death and I am so here for it.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Picked up issue 1 myself with that sweet Alex Milne cover art. It was such a joy to read. It was a lot of fun! There is a lot of good stuff already in the book, and I am really looking forward to the other 3 issues.

This comic is continuing a trend where Rodimus is slowly becoming one of my favorite TF characters, across all continuities

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:56 am

Always Guilty..."
Forgot this was coming out! Had to settle for Cover E for the first issue. Nabbed the other three issues though.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I bought issue 2 of the comic and finally got to read it last night.

Man, this comic is super awesome. I love old man Rodimus and the way he is written. I haven't been this invested in a TF comic story since IDW2005 with the MTMTE story. It is a lot of fun, and very well written and drawn.

the character choice is also absolutely wonderful. I love seeing RiD2015 get love like this
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Always Guilty..."
Issue 1 & 2 arrived over the weekend. It is interesting. I like where this is in the Transformers timeline. Also that this isn't strictly IDW Rodimus. This could easily be OG Rodimus, who is a superior character. The MTMTE/LL iteration just wasn't a patch on the early Spotlight Hot Rod. Much like how Ultra Magnus was a significant downgrade.
An unusual use of a BW 2 character, too. No idea who the others are? But I don't think it will really matter soon enough. Given the premise. a solid 7/10 for the mini series so far.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:24 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Issue 1 & 2 arrived over the weekend. It is interesting. I like where this is in the Transformers timeline. Also that this isn't strictly IDW Rodimus. This could easily be OG Rodimus, who is a superior character. The MTMTE/LL iteration just wasn't a patch on the early Spotlight Hot Rod. Much like how Ultra Magnus was a significant downgrade.
An unusual use of a BW 2 character, too. No idea who the others are? But I don't think it will really matter soon enough. Given the premise. a solid 7/10 for the mini series so far.

If you are referring to Steeljaw's pack, I am super excited for the members of the team:

Steeljaw - RiD2015 Pack leader who hoped to be the next Megatron
Sharpclaw - his sister, original character made by Nick Roche's daughter
Override - Cybertron
Riotgear/Treadshock/Cyberwarp - All RiD2015 Galvatronus combiner limbs
Scylla/Moon - BWII
Wedge - RiD2001
Nitro/Vex - new characters
Lunaclub: Unite Warriors/JG1
the Veteran: going by issue 3 covers, this is Wheelie with only a head on wheels
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm

Always Guilty..."
That's why I only recognised Moon (but not Wedge :-? ). I thought all the others were new characters. Aside from watching/sleeping though Siege. I hadn't watched a TF show since I tapped out of Prime.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Always Guilty..."
So issue 4, was quite bittersweet.

I think by now, most comic fiction seems to end with Rodimus. This one does it well. Forgive me, but as noted above. The Antagonists may have been from other TF series, but they just didn't work for me. Steeljaw in particular, I just couldn't take seriously. A bot mode with a wolf face just looked silly.

Ultimately, I found this a fitting end to IDW's Transformers. Much in the same way as I found 'Peace' likewise for the Marvel Run. Roche managed to end this IDW run on a high. Considering the BW book and ongoing, that was quite an achievement. 9/10
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:06 pm

I really enjoyed the series, I have every intention of writing a series review when I have some time here. It was a really good read and had a lot of great things about it
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210542 40RI (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #40 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231010J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 9A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JAN200705 7B (W) Maggs (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15A (CA) Perez SEP190683"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON