This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Mark Ryan Interview Online

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Mark Ryan Interview Online

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Another interview with one of the stars of the Transformers Movie has appeared on the net. This time we are allowed an in-depth look into the movie voice actor of the Autobot Bumblebee, Mark Ryan.

The interview is being conducted by The Comic Fanatic. Ryan talks about working on the movie and on the games and about the rest of his career like teaching Keira Knightly how to pick up a sword.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:47 pm

I give this guy props in his career, but personaly, I would have liked it better if BB didn't speak at all in the film outside of when he cried for "help".

I am happy though that Sam did call out that moment of predictable sentamental dribble.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Originally hired to be the Transformers presence on set, say their lines etc.
That would have been...interesting.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby kendragon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:52 pm

I couldnt help but think that Ratchet and Ironhide should have swapped voice actors... ironhide just came across too comic for my liking... the deeper calmer voice of ratchet would have suited him better IMO.
kendragon
Minibot

Postby Sonray » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Errr....didnt bumblebee have a grand total of like...5 words of his own voice in the film?
Sonray
City Commander

Postby OptimusShr » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:29 pm

Sonray wrote:Errr....didnt bumblebee have a grand total of like...5 words of his own voice in the film?

More like 10.

Anyway nice little interview.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby RatchetMD » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Devil Gundam wrote:
Sonray wrote:Errr....didnt bumblebee have a grand total of like...5 words of his own voice in the film?

More like 10.

Anyway nice little interview.

It was 11 actually.

"Permission to speak, sir." and "I wish to stay with the boy."

8)
RatchetMD
Minibot

Postby JazZeke » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:26 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Geez, I hated BB's voice when he spoke his two lines. It didn't sound youthful at all. I hope they re-cast his voice in the next movie. It could be easily gotten away with, since people would just assume that the way he sounded in TF1 was because his voice box was still glitchy.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Kayevcee » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:22 am

Why would he sound youthful? I never got the impression Bumblebee was supposed to be younger than the other movie 'bots.

I wonder which character he played as Sean Connery on-set.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Wubot » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 pm

I had assumed that Bumblebee's lines at the end of the movie were sound clips he had from a movie or a show, but... did he actually speak? If so, how? Wasn't his voicebox damaged?
Wubot
Micromaster

Postby Auto Bot » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 am

It was disappointing BB has such a short line.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19B JAN200701"
TRANSFORMERS #19 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON