This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Madman G1 DVD Complete Series and Animated Movie Galleries Now Online

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Madman G1 DVD Complete Series and Animated Movie Galleries Now Online

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:45 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ryan has taken the time to make some new galleries for the DVD Set Section of the site. This time he has updated it with the addition of Madmans Generation One Complete Collection and The Animated Movie Special Edition. The complete series comes packaged in a G1 style box with a fantastic collectors tin inside, it really is a beuatiful collectors set.

The special features for the G1 Complete set are:

*Animated public service announcements
*Atari Transformers Game promotional materials
*Character model sheets
*Historical trailers
*Interviews
*Opening and closing animations
*Original television bumpers
*Scripts
*Storyboards
*TVCs
*Wildfur promotional materials
*Biographies

The special features for the Special Edition of the Animated Seresies are:

*Remastered theatrical widescreen edition (disc 1) and full-screen edition (disc2)
*”Scramble City” Japanese exclusive bonus episode
*Interview with story consultant Flint Dille
*Q&A with voice of Optimus, Peter Cullen
*80;s toy TVCs, TV spots and theatrical trailer
*The touch film-clip (by Stan Bush)
*Character, voice-actor and musician biographies
*Commentaries feature and extras
*Deleted scenes
*Animated storyboards
*Bonus episode of Transformers: Beast Wars
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:47 pm

gee..that sure makes the rhino sets look like ****....course i own them all so even if this came to R1 or i could import em..it be a waste....damn me..lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby steve2275 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:33 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
nice seibs nice
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 am

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Kind of makes me want to pick the set up. I just love the display, and so compact comapred to the Rhino DVD's I have.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Optimist_Prime » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:29 am

How did Ryan watch these? Does he have a Region-Free DVD Player or uses codes on a regular one? I'd love to pick up this set.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:58 pm

What region are these DVDs? If they're anything but 1, I'll have to pass, even though this sounds amazing. I still don't have Season 1 yet.......but somehow have seen evbery episode from that season..............eh
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:32 pm

It's a great set.

I only wish that Madman had not released it so damn soon after releasing their individual sets. It sure takes up a lot less room than the 6 individual Madman sets.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Seibertron » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:What region are these DVDs? If they're anything but 1, I'll have to pass, even though this sounds amazing. I still don't have Season 1 yet.......but somehow have seen evbery episode from that season..............eh

Why are you letting the region stop you? You can go right down to Walmart or Target to find a DVD player that you can EASILY hack to be region free. Just have to do a little research online. :)
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Brutimus » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 pm

Are the episodes the Rhino versions (Unfinished animation) or from the broadcast masters? Is it just some lame and quick NTSC -> PAL transfer?

How is the movie?

Can you post some screen captures from various versions. I want to know if these are worthwhile.

Thanx
-Brutimus
Brutimus
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:What region are these DVDs? If they're anything but 1, I'll have to pass, even though this sounds amazing. I still don't have Season 1 yet.......but somehow have seen evbery episode from that season..............eh

Why are you letting the region stop you? You can go right down to Walmart or Target to find a DVD player that you can EASILY hack to be region free. Just have to do a little research online. :)

I've been trying to tell everyone the same thing.
I was given a fairly fancy Panasonic DVD/VCR combo machine for my 21st last year, it was a $300 machine, I was able to hack that, with a simple entering of buttons on the remote, to play region 1 DVD's.
My sister bought herself a $40 Avanti DVD player about 2 months ago, and again was able to ahck that to play region 1 dvd's in a matter of minutes. All you normally need to do is google the make model and manufacturer and the code will be there.
(all prices in AU$)

Brutimus wrote:How is the movie?

I have only watched the Fullscreen version, but it is the same as the version the USA got last November, only us Aussies did not get the Lenticular cover.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby icesea » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:11 am

你好,我是一个中国人小学生,我不太擅长英语,谢谢。
hello!my is china girl I not good at English thank you.
icesea
Mini-Con

Postby DorkimusPrime » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:16 am

i_amtrunks wrote:I have only watched the Fullscreen version, but it is the same as the version the USA got last November, only us Aussies did not get the Lenticular cover.

Same version meaning the sound is all f00ked like my DVD? Bleah. I'd buy ANY G1 DVD set that didn't make a poor attempt at remastering sound and the voices are so quiet compared to "background" music and sound FX as to be inaudible.
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Gregatron » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Judging from this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjT_nXAWTUs

...the video is correct, but the audio is still the effed-up Rhino version.

Can anyone confirm? Because if the set has the correct video and the correct audio, I must find a way to get it.
Gregatron
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby ForensicPrime » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:31 pm

Madman's website doesn't have this set listed anymore. Is it sold out or something? Are they going to re-release it? I'm so upset that I finally found a way to hack my DVD player and now I can't even get this set! EzyDVD.com has it listed as being re-released on Oct. 17th, but the Madman website doesn't say anything about it on their upcoming releases page. Anyone know anything about it?
ForensicPrime
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:13 pm

ForensicPrime wrote:Madman's website doesn't have this set listed anymore. Is it sold out or something? Are they going to re-release it? I'm so upset that I finally found a way to hack my DVD player and now I can't even get this set! EzyDVD.com has it listed as being re-released on Oct. 17th, but the Madman website doesn't say anything about it on their upcoming releases page. Anyone know anything about it?

Madman do not have it on their "upcoming Releases" page because it is not an upcoming release. It is simply out of stock, and will hopefully be back in stock some time in October.

If Madman have an item that is currently out of stock, and will not be back in stock for some time they take it off their site.

Stick with EzyDVD, their prices are the same as Madman's, and the shipping is more or less the same.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ForensicPrime » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Great...thanks for the info, trunks, I did end up pre-ordering with EZDVD.

BTW, does anyone know whether this Aussie version has the cartoon remastered, either video or audio or is it the original cartoon as broadcasted? I haven't seen that it is remastered so I'm guessing it's not at all, but you never know. Also, if it isn't I wonder if they'll end up putting out an HD-DVD or BlueRay version and it might be worth waiting until then.
Thoughts?
ForensicPrime
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP200476 5RIA"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 MAR200812 9A (CA) Evenhuis (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0823IM478 5C (CA) Manhanini"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1123IM808 (CA) ABEL"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 SEP221682 300D (CA) McKeown"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON