This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

A little review : Leader Brawl

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

A little review : Leader Brawl

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 am

Just got it this morning. I'll review as I play with it...

ROBOT MODE

Pretty big, like the other leader class toys. About the same size as Megatron, but more bulky. Detailing is great all over (although nowhere near as good as that custom we have recently seen on Ebay - there's only so much Hasbro can do for that price!). Gimmick are pretty cool : slide a lever forward on the right forearm to extend the cannons. On the left forearm, slide back the black plate to move the claws forward. Pushing down on the upper chest assembly will trigger lights and sounds (shoulder cannons + main cannon). The shoulder cannons light up green, the main cannon red. You hear a sequence of 3 different sounds (various cannon sounds) with lights flashing. Pretty cool. You can also activate the lights and sounds by pushing on the main cannon (it activates sounds #1, similar to the one found on Armada Megatron). Poseability is pretty good : head, shoulders (full range), upper arms, bicep swivel, elbows, poseable claws (all 3 fingers), hips, knee swivel, knees, feet and toes to some extent. Nice use of click joints too. Lower back leg kibble gets a bit in the way during extreme poses, but I don't think it's that bad. You get him to take very dynamic poses.

TRANSFORMATION

Holy crap, that wasn't easy! It requires a lot of manipulation to get from robot mode to tank mode. Automorph gimmick hides the head as push down the upper chest assembly. Arms cannons end up being stored in the lower legs through hinges and tracks and sides of the tank are spring loaded (as are the 2 cow catchers). The most difficult part was to fit the arms flush against the body to close the sides of the tank. Took a bit of massaging, but I guess it'll become easier after a few transformations. Moving the main cannon into place is also a challenge : you have to hold a spring-loaded panel on the side of the turret while you open a second one and move it over the main cannon while you swing it into place. Hard to explain, you'll see when you get it.

TANK MODE

Pretty much the size of G2 Megatron. Big and heavy! Turrets move independantly, main cannon moves up and down (at last!). You can activate the sounds and lights by pushing on the main cannon or by rotating the upper turret (the left side triggers a different side than the right). The tank rolls on 5 little wheels. There's even another twin cannon located on top of the 2nd turret. Brawl is armed to the teeth! Again, a lot of mechanical detailing all over. Too bad it gets a bit lost in the green. Also, the plastic feels a bit soft. Thick but soft.

Overall, it's an awesome figure and it has everything I'm looking for in a quality Transformer : size, complexity, electronics, gimmicks. DLX Brawl can burn in hell, Leader Brawl is immensely better. Is this the best movie figure? I don't think so, but it's quite close.

Overview of the features :

-lights (green for auxiliairy guns, red for main gun)
-sounds (3 different ones)
-automorph : head/chest, arm cannons, upper turret (minor)
-spring loaded cow catchers
-spring loaded tank tracks (front portion only)
-spring loaded turret panel

Last edited by megatroptimus on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
megatroptimus

Postby Cybertron Optimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:43 am

He sounds like a very nice figure.
Cybertron Optimus
Vehicon

Postby Skowl » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am

Sweet. Can't wait to get mine! How tall is he compared to Prime and Megs? He looks a little shorter in the photos, but wider, more bulky...
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Tankman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am

Noooo....not my deluxe brawl!!!
Tankman
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Was he mail order, or found in a brick and mortar store?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:52 am

I got it from toy-wave.com. They had it in stock for a few hours the other day.

Head to head, he's shorter than Megatron, but the threads and turret on the back make him taller overall.
megatroptimus

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:53 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
megatroptimus wrote:I got it from toy-wave.com. They had it in stock for a few hours the other day.

Head to head, he's shorter than Megatron, but the threads and turret on the back make him taller overall.

Whew! That means I don't have to come up with all of that money right away. Glad for that. Gotta catch up on the Deluxes first, and that's a good $50.00 right there...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Zeds » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:01 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Nice review. I will be getting him and the Desert Camo repaint which I prefer colour wise. Still want a Leader Blackout though.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Hotrod » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks for sharing the review. I posted it in the news.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 am

Also forgot to mention that the plastic parts that appeared to be white in previous photos are actually grey. Also, strangely, the back of the head is made of clear plastic but there is no light-up feature for the eyes, they're painted red.
megatroptimus

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:13 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If I get this guy, I'll have to repaint him into Tankor! It's great that the turret can aim up, but those light and sound gimmicks sound like they'll get annoying fast, not to mention the transparent plastic doesn't look so good...
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:17 am

You could still paint the clear parts black and leave the front unpainted so you still get the light effects. Or remove the batteries, if you get tired of the sounds.
megatroptimus

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 am

megatroptimus wrote:Also forgot to mention that the plastic parts that appeared to be white in previous photos are actually grey. Also, strangely, the back of the head is made of clear plastic but there is no light-up feature for the eyes, they're painted red.

Odd, I would have thought the eyes would have been clear red so the clear back would have been to let light through-give that glowing appearance. Thanks for the report.

Anyone heard about the desert camo repaint release date?
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Agent 007 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 am

cool Im picken him up!
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 am

megatroptimus wrote:You could still paint the clear parts black and leave the front unpainted so you still get the light effects. Or remove the batteries, if you get tired of the sounds.

I'll probably do that for the desert camo version. That blue's got to go...
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby hyperconvoy69 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:30 am

Motto: "Execute excellently."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Defintaely going to replace my dlx brawl with this one.
hyperconvoy69
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Watch hyperconvoy69 on YouTube
Buy from hyperconvoy69 on eBay
Alt Mode: Hover Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby The Chopnel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:36 am

So that one doesn't have bad shoulders like the deluxe one, right? Overall sounds like a good figure, probably the only leader class fig I'm considering to buy, I generally like deluxes and voyagers more.
The Chopnel
Micromaster

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:50 am

Added a few pictures....
megatroptimus

Postby Nemesis Hacker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:51 am

Deluxe Brawl= 'Tracks' (B and L's scout)
Leader Brawl= 'Brawl'
Leader Re-paint= 'Landslide'

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Fine aditions to my decepticon army :D
Nemesis Hacker
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am

Last edited by megatroptimus on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
megatroptimus

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 am

Ghaax wrote:So that one doesn't have bad shoulders like the deluxe one, right? Overall sounds like a good figure, probably the only leader class fig I'm considering to buy, I generally like deluxes and voyagers more.

No bad shoulders, it's a completely different design.
megatroptimus

Postby megatroptimus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Just found out that there are 2 buttons on the top turret to activate sound #2 and sound #3. So either you push the buttons or you turn the turret left or right. Clever.

Also, the top upper turret can be slightly tilted up and down a few degrees.

Yet another feature uncovered : the grey parts on the lower legs can be pivoted down, they're shin blades! Feel like getting kicked in the stomach now?

Last edited by megatroptimus on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
megatroptimus

Postby tom brokaw » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:12 pm

pretty cool, good stuff.
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Wing Zero Custom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 pm

I do wish that there was a option that you can mount the tank barrel on the arm like the deluxe version.
Wing Zero Custom
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:30 pm

sounds alright. i still dont know if i should get it.
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON