This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

'ebay' Auction For Chevy Exclusive 'Universe Autobot Swerve'

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

'ebay' Auction For Chevy Exclusive 'Universe Autobot Swerve'

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:59 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yesterday it was brought to our attention that there would be a new Chevy promotion involving a certain exclusive toy, 'Universe Swerve', a seemingly brand new mold, similar in size to a deluxe with Alternator type realness.

Today, Doctor Paragon shares with us the first eBay auction for this seemingly rare toy with plenty of new pictures to share.

Check out the auction here and then come and discuss your hopes with the rest of us, that this will be part of the new UNIVERSE line at some point, and not just a Chevy promotional toy.

Will this become one of the most desired U.S. exclusives around? We'll let you know in the Seibertron.com Toy News when we find out more about the mold, the promotion, and the possible availability of this cool toy at retail (if ever?).
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby upther » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:02 am

He's kinda cool lookin. Too bad you have to buy a piece of crap to get him.
upther
Fuzor

Postby tacogrande » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:03 am

It's not the rarity that makes me want it, its the fact that it's a really freaking cool looking toy. I might call up my chevy place to try and bribe them to give me one. Even $50 would be better than $10,000 :lol:
tacogrande
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Starscream227 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:03 am

It looks seek as all hell, but such a limited avenue, even
for an exclusive. I hope this is a 'once in a blue moon' kinda
thing, and not something Hasbro is gonna make a point to do often...
TFWIKI wrote:According to Hasbro, toys that represent flying characters are given more stringent drop tests and rounded/collapsible bits, as children (and the kind of adults who buy Transformers, actually) are more prone to throwing these figures around or ramming them into things (or people).
Starscream227
Fuzor

Postby Talon523 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:04 am

I wonder if that is based on the chevy rise of the Autobots design.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:05 am

So tempting...yet I have a feeling there will sbe some in a nicer packaging and with some finalized details on e-bay eventually.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Overcracker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:06 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Looks nice. Maybe a repaint of him will make it into the Universe line.

Don't really understand the marketing decision behind giving a way a toy with a real car purchase. I guess, you can hope the car you actually bought, can transform into a robot too :grin:

Looks pretty cool. Loving the hands.
Maybe they can repaint him into a Stunticon: Dead End anybody?
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby upther » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:11 am

Looks like he needs to go the the body shop. The passenger side door has a pretty nasty crack in it.
upther
Fuzor

Postby Starscream227 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:19 am

When does this promo begin? I feel the urge to pester my
local Chevy Dealers...
TFWIKI wrote:According to Hasbro, toys that represent flying characters are given more stringent drop tests and rounded/collapsible bits, as children (and the kind of adults who buy Transformers, actually) are more prone to throwing these figures around or ramming them into things (or people).
Starscream227
Fuzor

Postby Redimus » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:22 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I wouldnt be surprised if tnhis turned up in the Universe/Classics 2.0 line up as a different charecter anyway. Lets face it, they've just made a delux sized alt, I seiously cant see Hasbro spending the kindam oney they would have to spend to develop that on a toy that will be used only as a free bee for a hanful of prople who buy a car. It just wouldnt make sence.

Also if this is the kinda design style we are to be expecting for the Universe line (diddy alts), then tickle me excited.
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby God Magnus » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:40 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
upther wrote:Looks like he needs to go the the body shop. The passenger side door has a pretty nasty crack in it.

Yeah, but it's listed in "mint condition" so that's probably just some shopping cart battle damage.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby microclone » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am

so this is possibly one of the new universe (classics 2 toys)? i wonder if thats the final colors? If it is to be also a classics 2 mould i wonder who and if thats going to be the final head. eitherway thats one sweet TF, like a simplified binaltech BUT with great looking legs! that really demonstrates what i imagine a real gen 1 update could be, a nicer looking and more elegant toy than those in the movie line.
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Wasnt there a Monte Carlo SS Autobot in the Rise of the Autobots game?
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby --B-- » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
It's a shame, because that is a pretty damn sweet mold. That could easily be used like classics BB and CJ to make minibots to fit in with the Alternators line.

Hopefully we will see this in Universe with a new head sculpt.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby HighPrime » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:20 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
I like the head sculpt... Looks like Robocop..
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:41 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I asked my Dad about this yesterday, who is a salesman at a Chevy dealership in Grand Blanc, MI (Al Serra). He said that he thinks the figures are being mailed directly to the customers so they won't actually be receiving stock at the store. He thinks he might be able to snag me one somehow for the galleries on the site, but we'll see.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Zeds » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Here's hoping this will be released in the Universe Line in due course. Stupid to have this as a giveaway if you buy and Aveo. Makes no sense Hasbro.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
$122?! holy **** dude. I may have to call up a chevy dealer and see if i can some how get one. Now if i were to get one i would have to decide to keep it or put it on ebay. If i sell it i can pay my cable bill and if i keep it i have a rare figure.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
MUST OWN! MUST! YES!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Starscream227 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Seibertron wrote:I asked my Dad about this yesterday, who is a salesman at a Chevy dealership in Grand Blanc, MI (Al Serra). He said that he thinks the figures are being mailed directly to the customers so they won't actually be receiving stock at the store. He thinks he might be able to snag me one somehow for the galleries on the site, but we'll see.

That bites. Hope ya can get one for us, Ryan!
Starscream227
Fuzor

Postby Scaleface » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:42 pm

I'd guess Hasbro wouldn't waste the mold. We'll probably see it repainted as a more common release. I'll buy that version.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Gotta talk to my GM guys about this!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 pm

-Z- G1 Snarl Rules wrote:Here's hoping this will be released in the Universe Line in due course. Stupid to have this as a giveaway if you buy and Aveo. Makes no sense Hasbro.

How does Chevrolet paying Hasbro to do a custom figure to promote their vehicle not make sense. That is by definition a promotion.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:38 pm

Seibertron wrote:I asked my Dad about this yesterday, who is a salesman at a Chevy dealership in Grand Blanc, MI (Al Serra). He said that he thinks the figures are being mailed directly to the customers so they won't actually be receiving stock at the store. He thinks he might be able to snag me one somehow for the galleries on the site, but we'll see.
I honestly hope that's not the case. This figure existing makes my Swerve collection incomplete(he was one of the few G1 toys I still have from when I was little, & have all versions of him to date that I am aware of), & it would suck if I had to shell out an arm & a leg one way or another in order to get this.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby tacogrande » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:50 pm

GetterDragun wrote:
-Z- G1 Snarl Rules wrote:Here's hoping this will be released in the Universe Line in due course. Stupid to have this as a giveaway if you buy and Aveo. Makes no sense Hasbro.

How does Chevrolet paying Hasbro to do a custom figure to promote their vehicle not make sense. That is by definition a promotion.

I can't say for sure what he meant, but I took it that anyone who is buying an aveo probably didn't do it for a $10 toy, and those who want the toy probably don't want an aveo. I'd have to agree with that. The toy is still pretty sick though.

I keep hearing the aveo is a piece of crap, is that true or is this just bitterness? I know someone who is looking to buy a new car, and if it's relatively inexpensive then maybe I'll get this guy, though I have no problems waiting to see if he makes it to universe 2.
tacogrande
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2022 New"
TERRORSAUR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRAGE Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Series 4 34 Kreon G1 Insecticon New"
BARRAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 230418A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor TERRAGATOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete vtg Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor TERRAGATOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-56 TRAILBREAKER Transformers Masterpiece G1 Takara Tomy 2022 230522A"
MP-56 TRAILBREAKER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON