This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The October PhotoContest Disscussion Thread.

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

The October PhotoContest Disscussion Thread.

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Congrates to September's winners.

Please post any ideas for future contests here in this thread.

Here are the new rules and the procedure in which the new contest will follow.

Photo contest rules:

1. One entry per person please.
2. Once an entry is submitted it may not be changed so please think clearly and concisely about the photo you submit.
3. No more then 10 Transformers toys allowed in one given photo. (Unless stated otherwise). Kickbashes and custom Transformer toys are acceptable as long as they are Transformers and not some repainted Gundum or Knockoffs. Combiners used as the single character (Devastator, Superion...etc) are counted as one.
4. Only Transformer toys are allowed in the photo unless stated otherwise. Hand made props and scenery as well as craft store minitures are allowed, but other manufacture figures/dolls/statues are not. *****EXCEPTION: Lego’s are permissible including Lego people as they are generic looking. No Star Wars or specialty Lego sets please. If the Lego set has no affiliation with any other franchise other then Lego, it is permissible.
5. NO PHOTOSHOPED ENTRIES!!!!! No alteration of the photo is permitted beyond resizing/cropping to meet size requirements. (Unless stated otherwise)
6. All images must meet the size requirements or they will not be considered valid entries. (800 pixels wide by 800 pixels with a file size of no more then 200kb)
7. When you submit your entry Please remove you signature from your post.
8. All entries will be subjected to the same standards by an impartial group of three judges including one guest judge to be chosen before the contest begin and will be announced along with the theme.
9. Entries will be judged on
- Accuracy: How well you captured the theme of the contest.
- Originality: How unique and far thinking your entry is.
- Skill/Difficulty: The apparent effort in your photo.
- Overall appearance: Lighting, positioning, poses…etc. How well you entry translates.
Judging is done on a scale of 1-10 for each category for a total of 120 points possible (40 points from each judge) plus a bonus point for the entry each judge likes best (Judge’s favorite). The maximum amount of points possible for any one given entry is 123 points.
10. If you have any questions about the rules please PM me and I will do my best to clarify any and all inquiries.
11. REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN! Be creative and explore!

Procedure:

Guest Judge and the monthly contest Theme are to be announced at the first Monday of each month. After which contestants have two weeks in which to ponder and experiment with their entries. A week long period will open for entries starting Sunday at the beginning of the week, ending on Saturday at Midnight. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Another week will be taken for judging and the results are to be announced on the last Friday of the month. ****Exact dates may vary due to the varying number of days in each month.
Last edited by Neko on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Weapon: Sword
Since you allow generic, non-affiliated LEGOs you should also allow a few other generic, non-affiliated action figures. It is just that if I wanted to enhance my photo to add some realism, I may not want to add something cartoony like a LEGO figure.
Last edited by Lapse Of Reason on Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:Since you allow generic, non-affiliated LEGOs you should also allow a few other generic, non-affiliated action figures.

...Like what? :???:
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Justicity » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Ok, I'm a bit confused about the procedures. I know how to enter etc, just that last paragraph confused me. (so sue me, I'm tired & Ill, I'm allowed to be dumb XD)
Could you use an example to explain it fully? Say the month begins on Monday the 1st, it's announced then, then we can enter on the... blah blah blah, just to spell it out for those less awake people.

Example of generic, non-affiliated figures: toy cars? Dinosaur toys??? those kind of things, just props that may be of use.
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Neko wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Since you allow generic, non-affiliated LEGOs you should also allow a few other generic, non-affiliated action figures.

Hot Wheels cars, generic army men, etc...
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

These are always fun!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:24 pm

Hope the theme will motivate me enough to stop being lazy and enter!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Look, before this becomes the "Lego, Knex GI Joe and Lincoln Logs Photocontest featuring the Transformers," let's just simply NOT allow non-TF objects/characters/toys in the pictures (except for stability issues, but points will be lost if they are visible), just like it used to be way back when.

I don't want to offend anyone or tell anyone how to do their job, but honestly if we keep bending or tweaking (or whatever colourful word you wish to use :P ) the rules, it's just going to snowball and result in lots of confusion, angry participants, and annoyed judges.

Let's keep our TF Photocontest about the Transformers, yes?
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:
Neko wrote:

Unless the theme requires such things, no. The announcement will say whether or not you are allowed things like that.

This month's PhotoContest schedual (the dates you need to be aware of) will be posted on Monday as well.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:11 pm

1337W422102 wrote:Look, before this becomes the "Lego, Knex GI Joe and Lincoln Logs Photocontest featuring the Transformers," let's just simply NOT allow non-TF objects/characters/toys in the pictures (except for stability issues, but points will be lost if they are visible), just like it used to be way back when.

I don't want to offend anyone or tell anyone how to do their job, but honestly if we keep bending or tweaking (or whatever colourful word you wish to use :P ) the rules, it's just going to snowball and result in lots of confusion, angry participants, and annoyed judges.

Let's keep our TF Photocontest about the Transformers, yes?

Exactly.

If you have a question about what is allowed, PM. But please wait until you know this month's theme before assuming you need HotWheels or generic army men to pull off the photo.

The center of these photos are the Transformers.

Plus, I don't think I have the ability to write out a set of rules saying EVERYTHING you can and cannot do; my brain ould explode.

This is Art (yes it is).

Express yourself! Rules are important but they aren't the only thing. Boundraies are ment to be pushed, not traced along.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Neko wrote:If you have a question about what is allowed, PM. But please wait until you know this month's theme before assuming you need HotWheels or generic army men to pull off the photo.

That's not exactly what I'm getting at. I'm just saying that by allowing one form of non-Transformers toy, why not allow another, or even more?

And plus, the Lego Minifigure is possibly one of the most identifiable toys on the planet; I hardly think they are generic looking!

And the plural of Lego is Lego. Lego NEVER takes an 's'. The term 'Lego' is like the term 'rice.' You can have a bowl of rice and you can have a bucket of Lego, you can have a grain of rice, you can have a Lego brick. But you can't have some rices nor some Legos.

The center of these photos are the Transformers.

Groovy. Let's just try to keep it that way, that's all I'm saying.

Plus, I don't think I have the ability to write out a set of rules saying EVERYTHING you can and cannot do; my brain ould explode.

No one expects you to.

This is Art (yes it is).

Express yourself! Rules are important but they aren't the only thing. Boundraies are ment to be pushed, not traced along.

Granted, but the said boundaries should be firmly stated and make sense. Allowing something as iconic as Lego on the grounds that it looks 'generic' doesn't really make much sense... unless if the theme involves the Transformers building something! :P
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Yeah, but it makes the masses...somewhat content. At least I hope so. Because it's be a bit of a pain for me and you guys to have to change the rules every contest.

You have a point of Lego (no 's') being very identifiable, but in the terms in which they would be used, I think they are very generic. They may be identifiable as Lego people but not as a characters themselves.

So we don't have mixed myhtologies. Like if we had a He-man figure being ran over by Optimus; it translate as just that; He-man getting run over by Optimus and not some random guy getting run over as it was intended to be. With a Lego man, you can tell that its meant to be genericly representing a random guy. That's what the whole Lego deal is about.

And by allowing the general Lego blocks to be used, it gives people another medium for backgrounds and such.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Justicity » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:37 pm

Neko wrote:And by allowing the general Lego blocks to be used, it gives people another medium for backgrounds and such.

For those who can't draw for shite & can't just print off a load of backgrounds every time they want to enter this contest.

I'm lucky, I can draw :P
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:52 pm

So if I wanted to have a tree in the background, am I right in saying I could not use a plastic tree from some craft store, but I could use a LEGO tree or one I drew and cut out?

I'm just looking for clarification here.

If no other figures are allowed, I say no LEGO minifigs either.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt

Postby Sonic Wing » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:
Neko wrote:

what about lego alphateam cars...they are almost at the same scale...
ROTF Optimus Prime needs guns...
Sonic Wing
Vehicon

Postby Brazilian » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Can I use car models? its hard to make a transit scene to suppose that the transformer character is among ordinary cars if I only use transformers cars in the pic.
Brazilian
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby Neko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:02 am

Lapse Of Reason wrote:So if I wanted to have a tree in the background, am I right in saying I could not use a plastic tree from some craft store, but I could use a LEGO tree or one I drew and cut out?

You are.

Again, the rule only pertains to humanoid figures meant to represent people and such.

As for the Car models, I'm going to have to say no.

The rule that seems to causeing the confusion:

It's meant to clearify the 'Only Transformer toys' with the exception of Lego Blocks which I added so people could have some sort of humanoid figure allowed throughout the contests in case their idea for a photo needed a human represented in the picture and Lego people are nearly to scale with most Transformer toys (almost).

I don't know how to explain it any further. A plastic tree from a craft store doesn't qualify as a 'toy' and yes you can use them. Things from craft stores and such are all legal. Things like that are OK. It's other toys, like GI-Joe, Starwars, Barbie and stuff like that is what the rule refers to.

I hope that clearifies some of it for you.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby shockticus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 am

Neko wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:So if I wanted to have a tree in the background, am I right in saying I could not use a plastic tree from some craft store, but I could use a LEGO tree or one I drew and cut out?

You are.

Again, the rule only pertains to humanoid figures meant to represent people and such.

It's meant to clearify the 'Only Transformer toys' with the exception of Lego Blocks which I added so people could have some sort of humanoid figure allowed throughout the contests in case their idea for a photo needed a human represented in the picture and Lego people are nearly to scale with most Transformer toys (almost).

I don't know how to explain it any further. A plastic tree from a craft store doesn't qualify as a 'toy' and yes you can use them. Things from craft stores and such are all legal. Things like that are OK. It's other toys, like GI-Joe, Starwars, Barbie and stuff like that is what the rule refers to.

What if we have, say, Soundwave eating a giant sammich...can we make it a REAL sammich?
shockticus
Vehicon

Postby Neko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:31 am

shockticus wrote:
Neko wrote:

You are.

What if we have, say, Soundwave eating a giant sammich...can we make it a REAL sammich?

...OK now you're just being redundant... :P

*Sigh*

Yes.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 am

I don't think anything besides transformers or transformers related things should be allowed. It is unfair to those of us who only collect TF stuff.

Postby Neko » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am

Test.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Neko wrote:

You are.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt

Postby Neko » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:51 pm

You're welcome.

I can't wait till monday! *squeeee*

I think you guys are gonna like this theme. So many possibilities! lol.

I can see some people getting creative with this one.

Also, it's a theme someone suggested in the old thread.

I hope to get a good collection of ideas so we have a roster of sorts to choose from instead of scrambling for ideas a week before the contest starts.

So start thinking people!

We need ideas!

No ideas = no contest.

And that would just plain suck.
Neko
Brainmaster

Postby Sonic Wing » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:21 pm

how bout..........................................uuhhh science???? or uhhhh the transformers takin care of the nature or something like it...
ROTF Optimus Prime needs guns...
Sonic Wing
Vehicon

Postby Blurrz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Transformers playing sports? Has that been done before? :)
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210504 4A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #44 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 44RI Garbowska"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10RI"
TRANSFORMERS #10 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 3B (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON