This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: Rank

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: Rank

Postby Hotrod » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:27 pm

The celebration of the new Transformers Mosaic and Seibertron partnership continues! So far many fans are begging for more, and who can blame them since the each issue of Mosaic is awesome! Today we bring you issue 7, which is titled Rank. It's written by Josh van Reyk (aka Richter), artwork is by Matt C. Adams (aka Ultra Computron), colors and lettering are by Kris Carter (aka Drivaaar), and edits by Mary Canada (aka DoubleTake).
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Stop being a bitch, Prowl. You've got a job to do so stick to it and do what your boss says.

As usual, Mosaic team, you leave me impressed and itching for more!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Very Impressive, but I feel for Prowl, he always seems to be getting shafted.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:43 pm

Hmmm....do I see an Easter Egg?? Unless there really is a "Richter Racing" tire.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby iconscons » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:49 pm

I love prowl. As much as I would prefer for Grimlock to be left out of the comics as long as possible (furman burnout) I would like to see Prowl put him in his place in some fashion.
iconscons
Mini-Con

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:01 pm

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
More Prowl please! I love him - my fave character next to Optimus.
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:03 pm

You know, it always bothered me that Prowl was a Commandeer in the comics.

I've only read a handfull of the recent ones and real do look forward to the rest. This fact is one of the things that realy make these Mosaics stand out to me, while everyone else is saying "Oh yeah, the end of that"

I'm treated with a fresh one hitter! And realy, the art in ALL of these have been amazing! My respect and applaudes to everyone involved.

However, I do have a point in this. I know Prowl from the G1 cartoon, not the comics. However in said show, Optimus, IronHide, and Jazz where the leaders. Prowl, although a great character, to me was like TrailBreaker, a filler guy who was used when someone was needed to fill a spot.

So for ME, this kinda bridges the gap between what I'm reading now, and what I saw back then.

Thanks.

Also to 1337W422102, I have a job to do everyday, but that still wont stop me from telling my bosses to go F themselves if I think they're making a wrong decision!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
These things are way to short. They have to be longer.
But poor Prowl. He gets the recognition that he deserves and now he loses it. Why doesnt Prime go down and take over? Or send Jazz or Magnus? Prowls a tactition so shouldnt he be on cybertron giving out tactical orders?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 pm

Nobody listens to Prowl. As if that weren't bad enough, here comes ol' Optimus.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby magnusupreme » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:10 pm

poor prowl wanting to rank up, hes just gotta wait
My GT is SaberBurst, if you wanna add me, message me first.
magnusupreme
Fuzor

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Moonbase2 wrote:Nobody listens to Prowl.

That's cause he's a wanker. :P

Seriously, though, this stuff is awesome. :grin:
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Dark Ops » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
IDW Prowl (and most if not all of his prior incarnations) always struck me as Shockwave without the ambition or charm. He's the worst combination of abrasive, stick-up-his-aft, and by-the-book that you could find. He's good at administration and paperwork, but he's got all the charisma of a corpse.

He's an adequate leader with delusions of grandeur.
Dark Ops
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Prowl76 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Motto: "Can't live by logical thinking alone."
Weapon: Wind Funnel Producing Laser
Awesome. Prowl getting shafted sucks but it is the right choice.
Prowl76
Godmaster
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:18 pm

Never really liked Prowl.....so this was a good fit for me tonight. Keep 'em coming!
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Craven Knight » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Nice one :) - great art style.

And the writing perfectly conveys the strength and authority that Prime has.

Some of these have been meh, some down right bad but I give this one two thumbs up.
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior

Postby waaaaghlord » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Prowls a tactition so shouldnt he be on cybertron giving out tactical orders?

While I can see the point here I'm going to be picky and point out that this one's IDW continuity and Cybertron is uninhabitable in this continuity.

Richter posted this 'director's cut' as a bonus the first time that this strip came around. Since it's hilarious I thought I'd share.

waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Craven Knight » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 am

Hahaha - I'm tired of being 2D aswell :lol:
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Ultra Computron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:24 am

Moonbase2 wrote:Hmmm....do I see an Easter Egg?? Unless there really is a "Richter Racing" tire.

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind a "noob" like me posting. But I'm Matt, the artist for this Mosaic piece. I figured this would be the perfect time to start posting. Thanks to everyone for the positive responses to "Rank" so far.

To answer your question Moonbase2, yes, that is most certainly an Easter Egg you spotted there. :D

In the first panel, if you pay close attention to the video monitor that displays the title, "Rank", you may notice another Easter Egg.
Ultra Computron
Mini-Con

Postby waaaaghlord » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:29 am

Ultra Computron wrote:
Moonbase2 wrote:Hmmm....do I see an Easter Egg?? Unless there really is a "Richter Racing" tire.

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind a "noob" like me posting. But I'm Matt, the artist for this Mosaic piece. I figured this would be the perfect time to start posting. Thanks to everyone for the positive responses to "Rank" so far.

To answer your question Moonbase2, yes, that is most certainly an Easter Egg you spotted there. :D

In the first panel, if you pay close attention to the video monitor that displays the title, "Rank", you may notice another Easter Egg.

Nice work.

May I be the first to say:

WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON!

Warning: Seibertron contains nuts!

Beware the pyrates of the ODB!
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Craven Knight » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 am

Bay?! Lol, that's as close as you get Prowl :(

Nice Easter Egg dude, they are great fun when done right.
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Ultra Computron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:50 am

waaaaghlord wrote:
While I can see the point here I'm going to be picky and point out that this one's IDW continuity and Cybertron is uninhabitable in this continuity.

Yep. "Rank" fits right in between IDW's "Infiltration" and "Escalation."

waaaaghlord wrote:Richter posted this 'director's cut' as a bonus the first time that this strip came around. Since it's hilarious I thought I'd share.

Ah, good old "Shank." Richter gets full credit for this "rewrite", but I take credit for the title. :lol:
Ultra Computron
Mini-Con

Postby Ultra Computron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:52 am

waaaaghlord wrote:
Nice work.

May I be the first to say:

WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON!

Warning: Seibertron contains nuts!

Beware the pyrates of the ODB!

Thanks, waaaaghlord! I'll keep an eye out. :)

Craven Knight wrote:Bay?! Lol, that's as close as you get Prowl :(

Nice Easter Egg dude, they are great fun when done right.

Thanks Craven Knight. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Last edited by Ultra Computron on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ultra Computron
Mini-Con

Postby Richter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:53 am

Hey all, thanks for the kind response, glad you all dig my take on Prowl. For me, he's always gotten a lot of stick from the fan community, especially since IDW took over the TFs, so I wanted to try and show why he is the way he is.

Waaaaghlord, thanks for posting the "director's cut", gald you enjoyed it as well.
Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Postby darth reven » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:58 am

god prowl stop trying to be the new prime just because police car dont mean your the top!!!!!!
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Insurgent » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:08 am

I missed the first panel easter egg, but I caught the second. Nice touches.

These mosiacs are great little additions to the current IDWverse. Great art and you cram just enough story in such a small space to leave us wanting more. Congrats me harties!
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
NEW!
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON