This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

6" Galvatron Model Kit?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

6" Galvatron Model Kit?

Postby CyberTooth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

So this may be old old old news but it's new to me.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Pretty cool, looks to fit in with the Classics or the Cyclonus Indy Kits... But for $124.00 it'd have to Transform or be a lot taller.
Last edited by CyberTooth on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTooth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Starscream227 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 pm

By the description, a person is paying for it's rarity (~100 units), rather than what it is, more or less...

Not worth it to me, but I don't care for Galvatron either.
TFWIKI wrote:According to Hasbro, toys that represent flying characters are given more stringent drop tests and rounded/collapsible bits, as children (and the kind of adults who buy Transformers, actually) are more prone to throwing these figures around or ramming them into things (or people).
Starscream227
Fuzor

Postby CyberTooth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Rare or otherwise an assembly/paint required model at $124.00 seems a bit much. After all, it'll be too easy to screw up the second hand painting process for some. I wouldn't want to spend that much on something and then poorly paint it.
CyberTooth
Headmaster Jr

Postby Gutter Bunny » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm

CyberTooth wrote:Rare or otherwise an assembly/paint required model at $124.00 seems a bit much. After all, it'll be too easy to screw up the second hand painting process for some. I wouldn't want to spend that much on something and then poorly paint it.

yeah thats what turned me off on it. Although i'm excited to see the bludgeon model when it comes out.
Gutter Bunny
Brainmaster

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm

you know if that model was put into production and released as a Wondercon exclusive similar to the Dai Atlas figure and was prepainted and made as a toy versus a model, I think even if it doesn't transform it would sell rather well...
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Bonger » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Ah, I just logged on to post this. Well, I've never modeled ever, but I'm gonna take a shot at this. He just looks like he would fit in with tit. scourge and my custom Cyclonus too well.

I'll post pics of the mess I make of it when I'm done for ya'll to crack up at. :grin:
Bonger
City Commander

Postby CyberTooth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:02 pm

See, it'd have to fit into the Alts of Masterpiece sizes to get my money. A 6" model just isn't tall enough to fit in my collection. Unless he wants to hang out with Music Label Soundwave.

But yeah, for the Titanium Scourge he's perfect. Might be too short for the Cyclonus figure.
CyberTooth
Headmaster Jr

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Bonger wrote:Ah, I just logged on to post this. Well, I've never modeled ever, but I'm gonna take a shot at this. He just looks like he would fit in with tit. scourge and my custom Cyclonus too well.

I'll post pics of the mess I make of it when I'm done for ya'll to crack up at. :grin:

Looking forward to it!

Gotta admit, the asking price for a figure I have to assemble and paint myself, and after all that it does not transform is a tad too much.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Ultra Magnus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
I've always wondered why they never made Model Kits out of Transformers Characters. Look at Gundam, and the AMAZING mechs in those series. I just KNOW we could have a Fully transformable Galvatron, Arcee, Cyclonus if they just followed Ban Dai's lead. Just look in my signature.
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bonger » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:56 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:
Bonger wrote:Ah, I just logged on to post this. Well, I've never modeled ever, but I'm gonna take a shot at this. He just looks like he would fit in with tit. scourge and my custom Cyclonus too well.

Looking forward to it!

Gotta admit, the asking price for a figure I have to assemble and paint myself, and after all that it does not transform is a tad too much.

I agree. Too bad this was not mass produced. For around 40-50, they'd sell pretty well I think.
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm

Weapon: Sword
For $125 I want a fully painted and assembled figure!
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:51 pm

I was just gonna do a lttle something on this, but seeming how it's already donne...

Still, I can't help but wonder and hope it in this kit are the paving stones that will one day lead to a MP Galvatron!?!

(or at least a quality Classic)

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:I've always wondered why they never made Model Kits out of Transformers Characters. Look at Gundam, and the AMAZING mechs in those series. I just KNOW we could have a Fully transformable Galvatron, Arcee, Cyclonus if they just followed Ban Dai's lead. Just look in my signature.

My Friend I give you...

http://stores.ebay.com/id=266500&ssPage ... MEFS:MESST

Also I have that Gundam, and have been a long standing fan of the mod job you did there!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby metalformer » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nice figure :grin: , awful price :-( !
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Decatron » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 pm

Motto: "This is your end."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Cool Magnus Gundam :P

Back on topic. Anyway, as cool that Galvatron is, I have no skills whatsoever. That being said I go only for action figures
Decatron
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:36 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
I'm not a big fan of models.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby spiritofcat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 am

The fact that it requires painting puts me off a bit. I like that Gundams are molded in colour.
spiritofcat
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby rob_charb » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 am

spiritofcat wrote:The fact that it requires painting puts me off a bit. I like that Gundams are molded in colour.

Even though they're molded in colours, they still require a fair bit of painting to look decent. So painting the Galvatron isn't really that much more work doing a good-looking Gundam.

Anyway, if that Galvy was cheaper, it would be a must have. But at that price, I'd rather get myself a couple of Encores.
rob_charb
Minibot

Postby Optimist_Prime » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:16 am

Is this the same brand of models that those Wheelie and Cyclonus are?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Bonger » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:23 am

Optimist_Prime wrote:Is this the same brand of models that those Wheelie and Cyclonus are?

Nope.
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Auto Bot » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:52 am

That's go to be the most expensive model kit around.

Could there be a mistake? Maybe the currency should be in YEN?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Magnus » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:15 am

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
Liege Evilmus wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:I've always wondered why they never made Model Kits out of Transformers Characters. Look at Gundam, and the AMAZING mechs in those series. I just KNOW we could have a Fully transformable Galvatron, Arcee, Cyclonus if they just followed Ban Dai's lead. Just look in my signature.

My Friend I give you...

http://stores.ebay.com/id=266500&ssPage ... MEFS:MESST

Also I have that Gundam, and have been a long standing fan of the mod job you did there!

Thanks for the Props, man. There'll be more Customs as soon as I start to get free time again. Those Kabaya kits are pretty cool, but wouldn't it be sweet if they had Transformers characters in Master Grade model kit form? Look at the Master Grade Zeta and Double Zeta Gundams if you want a better example.

8)
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby waaaaghlord » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Just put in a preorder. Does BBTS send an email out before they charge your card? I'm going to be having a slight employment hickup shortly due to the seasonal nature of my primary income and while I can definately ensure that this is covered it would be handy to know in advance exactly when I'm going to be charged.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Deceptiwho? » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Personally I want one bad... I love painting my TFs!! right up my alley!!
Deceptiwho?
Transmetal Warrior

Postby CyberTooth » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:05 pm

waaaaghlord wrote:Just put in a preorder. Does BBTS send an email out before they charge your card? I'm going to be having a slight employment hickup shortly due to the seasonal nature of my primary income and while I can definately ensure that this is covered it would be handy to know in advance exactly when I'm going to be charged.

You'll get the notification when the preorder arrives. At this point, your card'll be charged. And the status will change to 'pending'. A day or so later [once your card clears] you'll get the ship notice.
CyberTooth
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210500 7A (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 1996 210923A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210458 12A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #14 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 14A (CA) Zama AUG190756"
TRANSFORMERS #14 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOOLIGAN Transformers G2 Cyberjets complete Hasbro 1995 240109H"
NEW!
HOOLIGAN Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON