This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Alex Milne Interview on DeviantArt

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 pm

hombreimaginario has posted a short Interview with IDW Transformers artist Alex Milne over on his DeviantArt Account.

In the Interview, Milne talks about the delays in Megatron Origins due to his catching of Pneumonia, his opinions of the Transformers Movie and of his experience with DW, and Pat Lee.

You can read the Interview by Clicking here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Night Striker » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:00 pm

yay awesome.
Night Striker
Fuzor

Postby steve2275 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
hes a mac man
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby E.P.Y.A.R.M.S. » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:29 pm

I agree with his views on the movie
E.P.Y.A.R.M.S.
Mini-Con

Postby Dark Ops » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:37 pm

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The more I hear about Pat Lee, the more the I dislike the man. It's come to the point where I'll mutter "No-talent assclown" under my breath, and my girlfriend will look up and say "Michael Bolton, Rob Liefeld, or Pat Lee?"

Great interview, and I look forward to more ^_^
Dark Ops
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Relic Dinobot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:37 am

Motto: "Learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I agree with Dark Ops, I read the interview and now hate Pat Lee even more than I used to. But it's a great interview and I can't wait to get my hands on the Megatron Origins #3 now. :)
Relic Dinobot
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Blozor » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:37 am

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Pat Lee is one sorry son of a motherf%^&er. Sorry if that offended anyone, but it had to be said. The more I hear about the guy, the more corrupt he sounds and the more I hate him. I'm sorry that he singlehandedly collapsed his company in the middle of a great G1 run, but I'm almost glad because he was going to take back art duties on the main comic, and his artwork always sucked the worst. WHY WOULD YOU BREAK UP BRAD MICK AND DON FIGUEROA?!? WHY???
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby juushinkan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:41 am

Wow, this is a great interview. Though, being an art student, hearing about artists getting ripped off or uncredited always mades me pretty upset. It's way too common a thing to happen...
juushinkan
Micromaster

Postby metalformer » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 am

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Great interview! So many revealing details. The Pat Lee issue is a very bad chapter on everybody's life. :-x

I wish I can be as open minded as he is accepting new things because I will never accept the (live) movie's design 100%, despite the fact I don't mind the changes made in Armada, Cybertron and Energon. I guess its just a matter of taste actually and not of nostalgia.

The comic industry can certainly be a mean one as I as a fan/customer has experienced lately. That was an experience that had made me "mature" and changed the way I view the world. :(

A curious detail is that I studied technical drawing as well (actually, Architecture w/ Auto CAD). In my case because it was drawing related. Guess it is in my veins to draw technical stuff because I love mecha so much! :D
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:13 am

Can't help but agree with his ideas on crossovers!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby partholon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:34 am

im glad alex is at IDW now. the lad got burned so bad in the DW thing its a wonder he didnt just say feck it all and quit.

i knew he was ill but didnt think it was that bad and it certainly explains the drop in quality of his work. i thought he did quite well on the movie adaptation as usually theyre pants and he got some nice shots in there and while alot of people seem to be bitching about the megatron origin comic i really like it.

heres hoping when he gets back to full strength we get to see more form mister milne. my first exposure to his work was in the energon comic he did with furman and i was blown away from it. particularly a certain two page spread featuring the new megatrons return. great stuff there and hopefully some day well see the conclusion :grin:
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby OptimusShr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:38 am

E.P.Y.A.R.M.S. wrote:I agree with his views on the movie

Most of us do.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby dragons » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:40 pm

mac..? not to fond of a mac but then again i neve had a chance to use a mac to find so i cant be the judge to that opionon at teh momnet.

thats true if you look hard enough on other but sites not this one

[quote]I actually liked the movie. I'm one of those people who likes change. I know that many don't like it, because it’s not the original Transformers, but then neither is Armada, or Energon, or Cybertron. But people accept those series as Transformers series, so why not the movie. Just think of it as a different version of Transformers. It was just nice to see it on the big screen.

I want them to bring back Blackout, Bonecrusher and Megatron. Then I'd like to see the other Seekers, like Skywarp. I'd like to see Soundwave, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe, Hound and a few others.[quote]

i agree with his response on the crossover transformers and avengers crossover it could be better differnt. think it needs more locations, characters or fights
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Calvatron » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:39 pm

macs always seem to do better for media based uses. not a huge fan of there operating system, but they're really good at what they do best.
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby Night Striker » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:10 pm

I'm not a really big fan of Mac's either, must be a writers thing.

His view of the movie I can respect, and I'm glad I'm not the only one unimpressed by the Avengers crossover. I swear the way they wrote it seems totally wacky. Still wish someone would put the Canuck in his place.

As for Pat...no comment. I can not believe he could do that? And to think that I actually wanted to send some of my stuff to DW. This is what happens when you don't have a good backbone for business and like to toot your own Ego.

If I do ever see Alex at a Botcon, I'm going to give him a hug for being such a trooper in this feild. It takes a lot of courage to not say really nasty things about someone that screwed you over. I love his artwork in Megatron, and I hope he feels better soon. :D
Night Striker
Fuzor

Postby synapse » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:09 am

Weapon: Black Magic
I'm glad you guys liked the interview :)

I also made similar interviews to Josh Burcham, Chris Ryall and Dan Taylor from IDW, and to Marcelo Matere and Makoto Ono who talk about their experience with Dreamwave, too :P They're all in my DeviantArt page. Hope you like :)
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Calvatron » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:30 am

It's interesting to hear that the number of panels is Eric's contribution more than Alex. With the Movie comic, i thought that was more Milne's doing.
Calvatron
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON