This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW's Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and Beast Wa

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW's Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and Beast Wa

Postby Hotrod » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

IDW's Chris Ryall has always been open to the fans. After coming back from a busy weekend at New York New York Comicon, Ryall has set up a thread in the IDW forums to answer fan questions. He has already answered a few and in doing so has revealed some new information about the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and other stuff. Here is the new information about the big crossover:

- It will take place before Marvel's Civil War.

- The Avengers line-up will include old guard members like Iron Man (when he was likable!) and Captain America (before he surrendered!), along with Spider-Man (still in the red and blues, not back in black), Wolverine, Ms. Marvel and Luke Cage, and even some lesser-seens like the Falcon.

- There is a threat on Latverian/Symkarian border that could potentially bring about war.

- Marvel's will be assigning one of their colorists to the project

- Only Marvel artist will be doing the covers.

- It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).

- The bots will pretty much be the same ones in both Infiltration and Escalation.

Information about Beast Wars:

- Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."

- Beast Wars profile books planned for August.

To keep track of what Ryall reveals and to ask your own questions click here.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Shouldn't it be "Beast Wars: The AscenSION"?
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Autobobby1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:08 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
The crossover sounds amazing. Of course, this might happen...
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: IDW's Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and Beas

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:15 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Hotrod wrote:It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).

Oh, that's not good. Not good at all...

Hotrod wrote:- Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."

- Beast Wars profile books planned for August.

Like I'm gonna believe that. These things have been bounced around more times than a hockey puck. Call me pessimistic, but I'm waiting for them to announce another "new" release date.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: IDW's Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and Beas

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:45 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Chris Ryall wrote:- It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).

Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

I like them bringing back Beast Wars.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 pm

YAY! More Beast Wars!

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Wheelie could die.
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby Jaw Crusher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm

Weapon: Mace
Down_Shift wrote:Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:

Powermaster Jazz wrote:Wheelie could die.

'Cept none of those Autobots has been in Infiltration or Escalation. Heck, given his usual life expectancy in the G.I. JOE crossovers, they'll probably cap the 'Bee. :-P
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Jaw Crusher wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:

'Cept none of those Autobots has been in Infiltration or Escalation. Heck, given his usual life expectancy in the G.I. JOE crossovers, they'll probably cap the 'Bee. :-P

That's why I chose Gears or Skids. Neither of them are in the series and they said that it will impact someone who would not be in futures stories. Maybe it's not what I'm thinking though.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Jaw Crusher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Weapon: Mace
Down_Shift wrote:
Jaw Crusher wrote:

That's why I chose Gears or Skids. Neither of them are in the series and they said that it will impact someone who would not be in futures stories. Maybe it's not what I'm thinking though.

Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Yay for August!
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Jaw Crusher wrote:Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html

Problem is, that doesn't solve anything. All of the 'cons active in Infiltration have proven (at least as of Escalation #1) to still be around.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Jaw Crusher wrote:Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html

Problem is, that doesn't solve anything. All of the 'cons active in Infiltration have proven (at least as of Escalation #1) to still be around.

I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, I don't want to spoil it anyways.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Chaotix12345 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Motto: ""Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku.....""
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
[quote="Hotrod"]Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."[quote]This is sooo awesome!More beast wars comics!!

"Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku-Ku....."
The Original Crazy Frog
Chaotix12345
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby JazZeke » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
In contiuity with the IDW comics? How the heck with THAT work??? I hope it'll be some inter-dimensional rift or something, because it would be completely LAME to have these super-beings running around in the IDWTFU and not make any signifigant impact expect for this one instance. Plus I think it would demean the contunuity, in a way..
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 pm

JazZeke wrote:In contiuity with the IDW comics? How the heck with THAT work??? I hope it'll be some inter-dimensional rift or something, because it would be completely LAME to have these super-beings running around in the IDWTFU and not make any signifigant impact expect for this one instance. Plus I think it would demean the contunuity, in a way..

:BOT: As mentioned above having it "in continuity" causes serious problems. I like how Josh Blaylock handled Devils Due's GI Joe/Transformers crossovers: set it in its own alternate continuity. This saves several headaches. And stoywise it made sense: if Decepticons existed in the GI Joe world, then they would be fighting them instead of Cobra since they're the bigger threat.

Having Transformers exist in Marvel means that IDW's continuity has to be filled with Marvel superheroes which would be odd.

And don't get me started on Death's Head and how Circuit Breaker fits in the Marvel Universe and now IDW... might as well throw in Doc Brown, Marty, & the DeLorean to fix this time paradox.

Once again, don't get me wrong. I love New Avengers. I love Transformers. I love the idea of a crossover... just don't muddle with continuity :) :CON:
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby the purifyer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:33 am

yay Iron Man. Now I'm getting a copy for sure.
the purifyer
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Good news about some more BW. If well written and drawn like "The Gathering", it'll be worth the read.

And profile books rule!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 am

So, it's actually happening? Man, this is HUGE news, and I'm gonna have to get it for sure. Four or six issues? And I think I read a spoiler for Civil War #7, dang it. Oh well, I won't know the exact details till I eventually read it, so it's not all bad.

And more Beast Wars is good. I hope they do some deeper characterizations than the original mini-series, but at least most if not all the pieces are in play, so it'll be fun to see where it goes.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Psychout » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:21 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Cant wait to see how Wolverine can regen having his head torn off by an evil giant robot...
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby GaoGaiGar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:34 am

Ryall wrote:We're planning an oversize HC that collects Infiltration, Stormbringer and Escalation (and maybe the first round of Spotlights).
GaoGaiGar
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:19 am

When they do the BW Profile books I do hope they show Cybertron modes as well. That's what kept me reading The Gathering. I'm notoriously "Trukk not Munkee" and seeing Magmatron and Lio Convoy with Cybertron modes was the most exciting part of the series, for me anyways. Not to say that the story wasn't good, but showing vehicle alt modes and their robot modes before the were made "Beasties" was a stroke of genious. (A little Canadian humor there for ya:wink:)

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:40 am

Down_Shift wrote:When they do the BW Profile books I do hope they show Cybertron modes as well. That's what kept me reading The Gathering. I'm notoriously "Trukk not Munkee" and seeing Magmatron and Lio Convoy with Cybertron modes was the most exciting part of the series, for me anyways. Not to say that the story wasn't good, but showing vehicle alt modes and their robot modes before the were made "Beasties" was a stroke of genious. (A little Canadian humor there for ya:wink:)

Yeah. Personally, there's one question I'm wondering about. I remember back when this series was meant to be coming out at the end of last year that, because of time restrictions, there wasn't enough time to write into the book mention of the show cast's pre-Beast Wars vehicle forms as shown in the "Dawn of Future's Past" comic.

Now, there's obviously been a bit of a change in that area, so I've got to wonder if there's been a reversal on that decision...
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:When they do the BW Profile books I do hope they show Cybertron modes as well. That's what kept me reading The Gathering. I'm notoriously "Trukk not Munkee" and seeing Magmatron and Lio Convoy with Cybertron modes was the most exciting part of the series, for me anyways. Not to say that the story wasn't good, but showing vehicle alt modes and their robot modes before the were made "Beasties" was a stroke of genious. (A little Canadian humor there for ya:wink:)

Yeah. Personally, there's one question I'm wondering about. I remember back when this series was meant to be coming out at the end of last year that, because of time restrictions, there wasn't enough time to write into the book mention of the show cast's pre-Beast Wars vehicle forms as shown in the "Dawn of Future's Past" comic.

Now, there's obviously been a bit of a change in that area, so I've got to wonder if there's been a reversal on that decision...

I could see them doing dual pages (like the gave the pretenders in the MTMTE books) one for the beast mode/bot look and one for Cybertron Alt/bot look with all the profile, Strengths and Weaknesses all crammed in between. Crammed it s a bad choice of word. Laid out nicely, but spread out between the two.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON