This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IMAX and the DVD (No IMAX Special Footage On DVD)

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

IMAX and the DVD (No IMAX Special Footage On DVD)

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Michael Bay wrote:IMAX and the DVD
09/18/2007 07:39 AM
I saw the IMAX print and it is awesome! It is the future of cinema to see movies in this format. I'm going to see Tranformers one last time and get ready to gear up for Transformers 2. I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.

About the DVD. I like the two disc set. I has all the extras that the others don't have. It is the definitive edition of Transformers. It really breaks down how we made the movie.

Anyway hope you like the IMAX print!

Bay

News courtesy of Bay, and the ALLSpark.

Well, this sucks. I checked for Imax theaters that will be showing the movie (not all Imax theaters are capable or willing to show it)...and the closest one is like 300 miles away! I can't do that for a movie! Many others can't either!

This really sucks if he's serious and sticks to his guns...he could at least give us deleted scenes on the special features disc, if nothing else. >=\

I'll buy it because I want the movie, but I'm none too pleased. (Although...Imax movies have come to DVD before, including Apollo 13...so maybe this extended version will too...)
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: IMAX and the DVD (No IMAX Special Footage On DVD)

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Autobot032 wrote:This really sucks if he's serious and sticks to his guns...he could at least give us deleted scenes on the special features disc, if nothing else. >=\

I'll buy it because I want the movie, but I'm none too pleased. (Although...Imax movies have come to DVD before, including Apollo 13...so maybe this extended version will too...)

"He" as in M.B. is just a director. Sometimes they have no say in what/how DVD's get released. That's all up to the studio execs and higher ups. C'mon, he wanted this movie to be released in all formats and that didn't happen.

Let's cut him some slack already.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby maximus primus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:25 pm

There will never be an extended edition.

that's funny i seem to recall george lucas saying the same thing about the origanal dvd releases of the star wars trilogy and he released it, i wouldn't be suprised if he releases the extended edition, maybe when tf2 get ready to come out if a few years but i wouldn't give up just yet. this is just my opinion and i don't know if it will actually happen so don't put all your stoke if my words.
maximus primus
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby BigBot » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:39 pm

Never, of course Mr Bay. I'm sure Paramount think differently and will act differently, especially when Transformers 2 is about to be released.
BigBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Skowl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks Autobot032, front paged and credited!

BigBot wrote:especially when Transformers 2 is about to be released.

I think "about to be released" is a little generous. We'll be lucky to see the movie before 2010.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby lodelco » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Dick.
lodelco
Fuzor

Postby The Chaos Bringer » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:05 pm

How do I know they'll change their minds right after we've all bought the regular DVD?
The Chaos Bringer
Targetmaster

Postby xxaMaxx » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:06 pm

maximus primus wrote:
There will never be an extended edition.

that's funny i seem to recall george lucas saying the same thing about the origanal dvd releases of the star wars trilogy and he released it, i wouldn't be suprised if he releases the extended edition, maybe when tf2 get ready to come out if a few years but i wouldn't give up just yet. this is just my opinion and i don't know if it will actually happen so don't put all your stoke if my words.

2 thoughts:

1) Do we have concrete info on what these extra scenes will include? If they don't add anything to the movie, I'm not really interested anyway.

2) I don't believe for a second that we won't get these extras on the DVD. Unless of course we need to take him more literally, i.e., they will only show up on the Blu-ray version, not the DVD version
xxaMaxx
Minibot

Postby Skowl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Yeah, I'm sure the extra two minutes will just be 10 extra seconds of 12 scenes with the humans.

Keep your expectations low people...

oh and xxaMaxx, I love your Robot Heroes customs!
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: IMAX and the DVD (No IMAX Special Footage On DVD)

Postby Decatron » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:12 pm

Motto: "This is your end."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Prime Evil wrote:"He" as in M.B. is just a director. Sometimes they have no say in what/how DVD's get released. That's all up to the studio execs and higher ups. C'mon, he wanted this movie to be released in all formats and that didn't happen.

Let's cut him some slack already.

I agree, Bay isn't at fault for eveything.

As far as no IMAX footage on the dvd, oh well. I set out to buy the 2disc set in mind anyway, and that'll be good enough for me.
Decatron
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Skowl wrote:Thanks Autobot032, front paged and credited!

I think "about to be released" is a little generous. We'll be lucky to see the movie before 2010.

Yay! Newsified again!

All I'm asking for the sequel is a little more TLC in the process of making it. Don't rush, don't push, just let the ink flow on the paper, and put it on film to the best of your abilities.

Argh...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sentinel Pax » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm

NOOOOh well. I'm sure that somewhere down the line, we'll get an extended edition, even if the scenes aren't included in the actual movie, which is how I prefer them. I'd really just like to see more Robo-fighting/character developing. Always makes for a good time.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby xxaMaxx » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Autobot032 wrote:
Skowl wrote:Thanks Autobot032, front paged and credited!

Yay! Newsified again!

All I'm asking for the sequel is a little more TLC in the process of making it. Don't rush, don't push, just let the ink flow on the paper, and put it on film to the best of your abilities.

Argh...

Y'know, people often mention that the script was rushed. It seems to me like they were working on it for quite some time. My guess would be that the writers aren't to blame for any of the movie's shortcomings. By the way, I love the movie despite its shortcomings.

And thanks for checking our the Robot Heroes, Skowl. Glad you like 'em.
xxaMaxx
Minibot

Postby autobot commander » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:49 pm

you could always just see the extened parts on youtubr
autobot commander
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Roboto750 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
A version of the extra 2 minutes will come out sometime (they always do). Just not right now.

Anyway, I don't see how 2 extra minutes is such a big deal anyway. I mean, it's not like a new battle scene got added or anything. The draw of the IMAX version is, well, IMAX!
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby King Grimrob » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:03 pm

I'm happy we're getting the movie so early when you concider everything that opened before it (ie Pirates 3) is coming out in time for Xmas.

Still shame though but I'd wonder that if we don't see TF2 by 2009, then maybe they'll give us an extended cut considering they'll have more render time. 48 hours per frame still boggles the senses when thats one frame out of 30 fps to 60 fps to make one second of film. that it'd take up to another year for more of the bots in the film.
lets wait and see what the future holds!
King Grimrob
Micromaster

Postby Hoistimus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Well, we'll see the footage on youtube anyway, in about 4 days time. I can't travel to the nearest IMAX this weekend, but despite the Halifax IMAX not being listed as showing this movie, I checked it out at Empire Theatres website: Transformers is "Coming Soon to Empire IMAX Theatre, Bayers Lake on September 21st."
TF Collection: It has come time to start looking to sell instead of buy, I'll be posting details in the b/s/t forum.
Hoistimus
Minibot
Buy from Hoistimus on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:28 pm

I call bulldust.
We may not get an extended edition straight away, but it will happen.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Who ever decided this can kiss my ass. They are gonna do the same thin Lucas did with Star Wars. Make 5 versions of each film. Each version will have 1 new scene or extra in it. So is there still gonna be Deleted scenes in the DVD?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby jonusjaxon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:05 pm

This is exactly why pirates have every right to copy movies. The public gets screwed all the time with 2 or 3 editions of the same damned movie.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby Autobot Jazz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Man this sucks.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Well, looks like I have another thing I won't be able to defend Michael Bay against when it comes to fanboyism against the movie...
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Izanami » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:19 pm

The footage being IMAX exclusive gives me an idea of what it'll be of.

Sam and the others will use the awesome picture quality and atmosphere that only an IMAX theater can provide in order to thwart Sector Seven and the Decepticons once again.
Izanami
Minibot

Postby Agent 007 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:39 pm

NOOOO!!!!!!!! if i dont go could somebody tell me what the 2 mins are?
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:02 pm

I give it a 2 weeks before this is repealed.

The score, him on TF2, 2 mins of IMAX footage upped to 5...

Everything said about this movie has been repealed, so why not this too?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON