This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released

Postby Hotrod » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:18 pm

ComicNewsi.com has posted a copy of Devil's Due's December solicitations. Included in the solicitations is a listing for G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus. It is a hardcover collection of the four G.I. Joe vs. Transformers crossover done by Devil's Due. Check the listing for it by clicking here.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I was hoping it would be a republishing of DW TF/GI Joe World War II series. Holy crap, that blew me away. As a GI Joe fan and a Transfan, I thought it was great, and the art was stunning.

The Devil's Due ones weren't that good, but the TFs being Cobra vehicles was pretty damn cool.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Yeah, Jae Lee is an odd choice for a Transformers series... but damn did it look amazing. I guess it's up to IDW if they want to put a trade out for that.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Think I'll pass on this. I liked the early Marvel G2 lead in cross over better.

I liked the DW series a little bit, but I really wanted to see more details, but it certainly was a pretty good read.

And then there was the defunct second series. Issue 1 was good enough to get me really wanting it then...voomp...gone. That makes 3 things I really wanted to see DW complete in their TF series. :(
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:47 pm

Devil's Due "camped up" comics are great for a laugh.

If it goes for a decent price I would consider buying it
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
What I would like is simply the design sketches of the TFs turned into their CORBA vehicle counterparts.

That I would buy. :-?
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Hotrod » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:24 pm

1337W422102 wrote:I was hoping it would be a republishing of DW TF/GI Joe World War II series. Holy crap, that blew me away. As a GI Joe fan and a Transfan, I thought it was great, and the art was stunning.

The Devil's Due ones weren't that good, but the TFs being Cobra vehicles was pretty damn cool.

I just picked it the DW TPB at the comic shop for a third of the cover price last weekend. I just need to find the time to read it. I might pick this up, but I doubt it.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby King Grimrob » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:07 pm

...so I guess this means that Vol 4 was it?

too bad. still a great run though!
King Grimrob
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Gasper » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Considering how impossible it is to get Volume II for anywhere UNDER fifty bucks, I welcome this. Sure, it's hokey, but it's a fun hokey.
Gasper
Mini-Con

Postby Autobotspitfire » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:45 pm

DD did a good job with this series. vol 3 the art of war was a great one, some of the best art i have seen in tf comics. vol 1 was still the best, Prime as a HISS tank anyone?
Autobotspitfire
Mini-Con

Postby Menbailee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:06 am

Volumes 1 and 3 had enough going for them to make them worth reading. Volumes 2 and 4 became so silly that you will definitely get your money's worth out of them, since you will have forgotten what the plot was about right after you read them and can thus promptly pick them up and read them again. If you wanted to. Seriously, I may get this, since I borrowed those comics and might as well get the bound volume if it's well-priced.

A good TPB of the WWII scenario, now that'd be something.
Menbailee
Vehicon

Postby Elita One » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:15 am

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Doh! I just got the first gijoe vs TF volume last week. Oh well live and learn.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON