This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Art Du Jour! Update: Transformers: Beast Wars The Ascending #1...Again

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Art Du Jour! Update: Transformers: Beast Wars The Ascending #1...Again

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Yesterday IDW Publishing updated their Art Du Jour section with a colored preview of a page from the upcoming first issue of Beast Wars: The Ascending, scheduled to be released on October 3rd. Today they have updated the section and have posted the full completed page. Check it out here.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
First off, I have to say that I said "scheduled to be released on October 3rd" with doubts that it actually will be released on that date. Naturally, I don't want to show my distaste and scorn about the issue in a news post, so I'm gonna do it here, instead.

Number two, it's apparently obvious that both this and the first issue of the Profile books are complete. Or, at the very least, complete enough to have posted full complete preview pages (as opposed to just artwork) and an advanced review. So why the hell aren't these things out yet?

I really don't have a clue, and I don't particularly want to believe the only real explanation given, since it really doesn't cast IDW in a positive way, and the last thing I want to do is to have them go even further down in my respect than they already have.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That's quite a bit different than the other image. I mean WHOA type difference.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Scaleface » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:44 pm

By "Rampage" I take it they mean Ravage?
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby zemper » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Scaleface wrote:By "Rampage" I take it they mean Ravage?

LOL, quite true. i think they do have Rampage's recolor & Botcon-exclusive on the later issues though *EEEP SPOILER* 8)
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Briggs » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:35 pm

I WANT IT TO BE OUT ALREADY
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:30 am

It must be a printing error or distribution problem DB, I agree with you that the reason they gave was very weak at best. The fact that we got advanced reviews of issues that would be the same as the versions available in store means something odd must've happened.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Coptur » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:10 am

mmm 3rd October is a funny end of August lol
Coptur
Vehicon

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM326 5D (CA) Bustos"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #45 RE Acme IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200535 24B (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS #24 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915Q"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON