This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Devastation #3 Teasers

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Devastation #3 Teasers

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:22 pm

IDW Transformers artist Nick Roche has posted some teaser images from his upcoming work on Devastation #3.

Roche is doing the art on Devastation 3, as normal artist E.J. Su and his wife are expecting a baby!

To see Roche's 3 teaser pics, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby King Grimrob » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Love the "EEY..." face on Hotrod!
King Grimrob
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Looks good. Not much there, but still good.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Its a very different style to Su, but you can still tell it is the -tion book characters.

Ratchet's Simulcrum looks awesome in Roche style though!
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Moonbase2 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:04 pm

While this artist can draw better than I could ever hope to, and while I love most of his stuff, I really don't like his interpretation of Hot Rod. There's just something about it...though just about everything else of his is brilliant.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:18 pm

....and all before #1 is EVEN F*CKING RELEASED!!!!!

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby dragons » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:34 pm

like that last picture of wheeljack looks like hotrod transforms into dodge viper by looking at his arms intersting new concept for him
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:52 pm

Call me crazy but those panels make me wish Roche was an animator.

If the TF cartoon looked like that it would rock.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby --B-- » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
dragons wrote:like that last picture of wheeljack looks like hotrod transforms into dodge viper by looking at his arms intersting new concept for him

Nope, that is his Alternators type form.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Blozor » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I love Roche's style. His faces are very expressive. I thought he was perfect for Hot Rod; he captures the excitement of the character perfectly, like everything is an adventure to him. Still, it's going to be a bit of a leap to go from Su's highly technical style to Roche's carefree, cartoonish style. (Note, I prefer Roche's.)
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Moonbase2 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 pm

Blozor wrote:I love Roche's style. His faces are very expressive. I thought he was perfect for Hot Rod; he captures the excitement of the character perfectly, like everything is an adventure to him. Still, it's going to be a bit of a leap to go from Su's highly technical style to Roche's carefree, cartoonish style. (Note, I prefer Roche's.)

I definitely agree that Roche's faces are a lot more expressive. I still prefer Su's version, just because it looks, like you said, more technical, and I just like that better, especially with a favorite like Hot Rod. But I do like Roche's work quite a bit, and I enjoyed the Hot Rod Spotlight regardless of my feelings on the illustration of HR.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:22 pm

There's not really a handful of material here, but what is there is good. I want these new comics already!!
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Moonbase2 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Call me grumpy, but I wish they'd stick with one artist for an entire series or just delay it entirely. I'm a creature of habit that doesn't like change and it doesn't feel right when you have two artists with different styles working the same series. I'm not insulting either artist, but I'd prefer than they stay with one or the other.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:37 pm

Moonbase2 wrote:Call me grumpy, but I wish they'd stick with one artist for an entire series or just delay it entirely. I'm a creature of habit that doesn't like change and it doesn't feel right when you have two artists with different styles working the same series. I'm not insulting either artist, but I'd prefer than they stay with one or the other.

I'd agree with you here, as I like a series to look as consistent as possible, but why should they delay their (technically) on-going series because their normal artist is having time off to be with his wife and newborn child, when they have perfectly good artists in the wings?

It's not like Su has had a head cold that has put him only a week behind schedule, a Baby is a pretty big interruption.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Auto Bot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:58 pm

Are these Autobots based on Alternators?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Leonardo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:47 am

Hot Rod seems to be lacking his spoiler in robot mode, whereas on the cover for #3 his Earth robot mode has it.

EDIT: Actually, forget that, looking at the panels closer it seems to be there.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Well Alex hit the nail on the head, that's for sure. I'm not 100% sure on the new guys art but it's about a thousand times better then Roche.

And no, they aren't based on Alts. If they were, Blaster would be a Scion :P

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby OptimusShr » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:43 am

Hot Rod's facial expression is WIN. Nick's art does a great job of mimicking Su's while still having his own twist.

And congrat's to Mr. and Ms Su on their baby!
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:51 am

i_amtrunks wrote:
Moonbase2 wrote:Call me grumpy, but I wish they'd stick with one artist for an entire series or just delay it entirely. I'm a creature of habit that doesn't like change and it doesn't feel right when you have two artists with different styles working the same series. I'm not insulting either artist, but I'd prefer than they stay with one or the other.

I'd agree with you here, as I like a series to look as consistent as possible, but why should they delay their (technically) on-going series because their normal artist is having time off to be with his wife and newborn child, when they have perfectly good artists in the wings?

It's not like Su has had a head cold that has put him only a week behind schedule, a Baby is a pretty big interruption.

Nothing wrong with taking some time off to enjoy their baby. I just think that the art should at least look like what is already been established in the series. Roche's style is completely different. But I'm one of those people that thrive on consistency and routine.

I'll still be buying this, believe me.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby darth reven » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 am

i do love that seris its great and it looks great
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 am

Has Furman indicated how much of the Reapers will be seeing in this?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:26 pm

Leonardo wrote:Has Furman indicated how much of the Reapers will be seeing in this?

I believe that the 6 we saw in Spotlight Sixshot were only the tip of the iceberg...
From Furman's blog entry from the 11th September:
Simon Furman wrote:If you thought the Reapers just amounted to the six you saw in Spotlight Sixshot, think again!
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Calvatron » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:05 pm

Moonbase2 wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:

Nothing wrong with taking some time off to enjoy their baby. I just think that the art should at least look like what is already been established in the series. Roche's style is completely different. But I'm one of those people that thrive on consistency and routine.

I'll still be buying this, believe me.

It does and it doesn't. It looks like Roche's drawing style mimicking Su's layout and design style. while i w :D ould also like minimun change, this isn't dc or marvel. so they can't litterally pay what ever it takes to keep the consistancy, and roche is very good. I would also be extremely mad, for the first time, if idw delayed it's maine series for the 3 to 6 months that is a grossly conservative estimate of the the time it's going to take Su to deal with a baby. so this is necessary. this is the best we could possibly get. You could argue about adding Don, but let's face it, he's not an imatature :D without this change there would be no consistancy. 6 issues, with a 3 to 4 month break. :D
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby Calvatron » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:07 pm

damn that is full of erroes. imatator, less smilely, the last part being the standard schedule of idw's main line,
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Why would it takes months to deal with a new baby? Dads can go back to work pretty soon. I mean, it's great that he's getting the time off, but I don't see how it would delay the series that long. In any case, it's done and Roche is illustrating #3. While he's not my favorite artist, besides his Hot Rod (which I can't stand, sorry), as long as it still kinda feels like the series, I will be a happy customer. I just don't want it to feel dramatically different. Do we know if Su will pick it back up?
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON