This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Bumblebee "Evolution of a Hero" Target-Exclusive 2-Pack Delayed

Postby Skowl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Some fans have been receiving emails regarding the release date of the "Evolution of a Hero" 2-pack, the set contains both the 1974 and 2008 (with exclusive battle-damage) Camaro Bumblebee and is exclusive to Target stores.

The original release date was scheduled for September, but now it seems the figures will not ship out until November 25th.

Keep watching Seibertron.com for more updates regarding this and other figures from the Transformers Movie toyline.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Black Friday release.

Betcha it is the 23rd when we'll see it on the shelves.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby DSanza » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Great. Meanwhile, the shelves of every Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU in my area are STILL practically bare. If not for the recent Target exclusives I would have had nothing new in more than a month.
DSanza
Micromaster

Postby muswp1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:19 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
I'm not suprised. Most of the other movie toys have been delayed so this isn't shocking.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby waaaaghlord » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Already sighted at Tesco in the UK. UK rules!
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby DSanza » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:31 pm

They must contain lead based paint from China. Don't put your Transformers in your mouth.
DSanza
Micromaster

Postby Bhaalistik » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Yep, confirmed here...just got my email today with the delayed date of late November, with Delivery first few days of DECEMBER (at least that's what mine said).

:sad:
Bhaalistik
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:36 pm

Darn.

Even though now I have an abundance of 08 BBs, thank You Tommy Tek, Brother John, and local retail catching up. I'm actualy more intrested in getting my hands on more of the Classic BB

This was my first car, and I'm realy looking to do some kitbashing to pay an homage to both Lil' Delton, and the designs and long lost model of what I'd have done with him if I had money.

I see the leg automorph, as a perfect tool to generate a working hard top convertible!

As for the set itself, I say throw in one of the G1 BB keychains, then we have "THE EVOLUTION OF A HERO" stil getting one to keep sealed anyway though...

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:45 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Absolutely ridiculous. There's no reason given for it either.

I'm so sick and tired of this crap. It's time someone steps up and either gives us the raw deal, or does something about this.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby lanzajr26 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Counterpunch wrote:Black Friday release.

Betcha it is the 23rd when we'll see it on the shelves.

I've been saying this for a while too, I'd expect a whole lot of TF merchandise to miraculously hit the shelves just before Black Friday.
lanzajr26
Targetmaster

Postby 0ctane » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm

Yea i've also seen it in tesco and i passed on it. battle damaged concept BB looks crap IMHO.

i'm happy with my prime/08 BB 2 pack.

Skowl wrote:- Octane (I refuse to call him Tankor. Not only is it NOT his name, but it's one of the stupidest names in all the TF Universe - might as well call him "Trucktor"!)
0ctane
Vehicon

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:40 pm

In other words..."Just in time for Christmas".
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Zeds » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:30 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Hope Hasbro reps realize how much money they are missing out on in sales by their production issues. If I was Hasbro I would start moving some of the production out of China and start considering having environmental footprint stamps on their products so that China cleans up its act. That would be a great sales promotion.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby DorkimusPrime » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Zeds wrote:That would be a great sales promotion.

To mindless tree-hugging zombies that wouldn't otherwise buy them, which IMO would just drive the prices up and make them even more scarce. I personally could give two shits; I doubt any collector would. The reason to get production out of China is so the damn things can be brought into the US lead-free. Don't eat your Transformers and don't eat your babies. :)
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Zeds » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:55 pm

DorkimusPrime wrote:I personally could give two shits; I doubt any collector would. The reason to get production out of China is so the damn things can be brought into the US lead-free.

I humbly disagree. Putting a couple of bucks on the cost of an item ahead of the pollution caused by the cheaper price is very short sighted. The majority of the recent problems from China was related to design flaws by Mattel with those stupid little magnets on their various toy lines. The CEO said as much recently. Some of the other issues was lead paint. The whole cat and dog food issue was a different matter altogether.

Back to initial point though most of the pollution from the production plants serviced with electricity from coal fired power plants in China crosses the Pacific and rains all over North America and makes us all sick. This is a global problem with global implications. Time to realize how the products that we buy in China is killing the planet. Better sooner than later for the benefit of future generations. This issue is well documented if you watch Nova, National Geographic and Discovery channel. Check it out yourself:

http://www.everybodysweather.com/Static ... /index.htm

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby DorkimusPrime » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 pm

I disagree with the underlying notion that man is capable of destroying what has shown such great resiliency - mother nature. But c'est la vie; it's irrelevant what we think because Hasbro does what Hasbro does.

edit: French is not my first language. Took me three tries to spell that right.
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Zeds wrote:Hope Hasbro reps realize how much money they are missing out on in sales by their production issues.

Environment aside...

In terms of production issues (not meeting demand, empty pegs and all that), you're right.

Hasbro is missing out on sales. I know for sure I haven't bought much in the way of TFs lately.

Nor will I be. (Only a handful of new figures, beyond that, nothing they have coming up (aside from Classics/Universe 2.0) that interests me...)

It's a shame, I remember years when they commanded my full wallet and got it. Every nickel and dime. (Well, not really. I'm exaggerating there, but it gives you the idea.) Now...not so much.

I realize the movie has been their one hope to keep from dying, but they just put so much into it they've let everything else go and now...they don't even have product for the movie line to go with the demand. =\

And yes, they did stop focusing on Classics, Titaniums (which I didn't care about, but many others did!) Alternators (which were expensive, but I'd have taken no name cars with the same type of transformation/detail and been happy as well) and they did it all for the movie line.

But, this is a positive for me. Less money to them for the time being, more money to go into my new PC that I'll be building here in a few weeks. (Powerful. :D)

So yeah...Hasbro is definitely losing out in the sales department.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Zeds » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:22 pm

DorkimusPrime wrote:I disagree with the underlying notion that man is capable of destroying what has shown such great resiliency - mother nature. But c'est la vie; it's irrelevant what we think because Hasbro does what Hasbro does.

edit: French is not my first language. Took me three tries to spell that right.

LOL! You got the spelling right ;-)! It is a touchy issue where many opinions exist on both sides. I just feel that a precautionary stance is better than a reactionary one. Once we cross the threshold there will be no way back. I would hate to have been right and leave this legacy for future generations.

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby DorkimusPrime » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:22 pm

Autobot032 wrote:So yeah...Hasbro is definitely losing out in the sales department.

This is true no matter what. Not on par with Nintendo losing out on sales on the Wii, but a definite missed opportunity.
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:31 pm

quote="Zeds"] Don't eat your Transformers and don't eat your babies. :)[/quote]

So what do you suggest then, go to Shop-Rite and actualy buy food!?!

Don't you know they have old people there?

:P

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby DorkimusPrime » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:52 pm

Dude, Papa John's delivers. :-P
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 pm

Anytime I'm tempted to eat my Transformers or my babies I get some Chinese delivered. YUM.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby PrimulArchangel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:In other words..."Just in time for Christmas".

Exactly lol , I dont think they are going to release anything new. Its way to close to christmas time.. We may get a few less popular ones here and there till then , but all the heavy hitters like this 2 pack and the MP G1 Starscream we wont see till christmas time, they know what there doing.. They just put out these false release dates to see the reaction the fans give i think .. If we all say " oh yeah cant wait to get it , hurry hurry " then they will make us wait till christmas , but if we give it the " eh ill pass on this one " it will be released now lol... Thats how i see it happening lol..
Check Out My Site , www.PrimulArchangelboxes.com for cool custom WST boxes and some full size G1 repro boxes and more :)
PrimulArchangel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:50 pm

muswp1 wrote:I'm not suprised. Most of the other movie toys have been delayed so this isn't shocking.

No kidding. The slow trickle of Deluxe figures is really pathetic.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:19 pm

A Black Friday release could earn the Target Corp. an immediate revocation of it's liscensing for the exclusives through Hasbro. If a Hasbro rep. should happen to be in a Target store on the morning of the 23rd (and I bet the regional rep in my area will be, I've come across her more than once) they can have all exclusive stock pulled from the floor right then and there, call corporate office and Target gets nailed for breach of contract, loses out on future exclusives and the manager of the offending store can enjoy reassignment to Target B.F.E. as assistant to the janitor.
Just had a lengthy discussion about this with my Mom who retired from Target after a great many years this last year.
She got to deal first hand with a variety of company reps. and vendors over the years and controlled what was and wasn't going out on the floor and when. Since crap tends to roll downhill, she made darn sure she wasn't on the recieving end by screwing with release dates from any supplier or Target Corporate.

But you can bet my ass will be there when the doors open on the 25th. :grin:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr B DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223269 1B (CA) McFarlane"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #60 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230264 60A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #46 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 JUL220268 46D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #348 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM448 348A (W) McConville (CA) Carlos"
SPAWN #348 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "I HATE FAIRYLAND #10 Cvr D Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 2023 0823IM390 10D"
I HATE FAIRYLAND # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #14 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220216 14B (CA) Nachlik (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #14 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM319 351A (CA) Randal (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 JUL210010 1B (CA) Ward (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr C DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223270 1C (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210255 2B (CA) Walta (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #12 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210205 12A (A/CA) Simmonds"
DEPARTMENT OF TRUT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM352 80B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON