This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Simon Furman Blog Update; Concerning IDW's Beast Wars Sourcebooks.

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Simon Furman Blog Update; Concerning IDW's Beast Wars Sourcebooks.

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:22 pm

IDW writer Simon Furman has once again updated his Blog, this time talking about the work he and Ben Yee put into created the upcoming Beast Wars Sourcebooks.

Some excerpts from his blog post can be found below:

But a unified Beast Wars universe, one that amalgamates the US Beast Wars TV series/toy line with its Japanese counterparts (BW II and BW Neo) and, for good measure, the convention/store exclusive toy characters. That was what we (myself and bwtf.com’s Ben Yee) set out to do when (over a year ago now) we began to craft a four-issue sourcebook/profile series for Transformers Beast Wars, the first issue of which is available next week. No easy task, as there are elements of the Japanese shows that just aren’t easily compatible with the US series.

Over the course of the four issues, no less than 162 characters are profiled, and (in issue #4) there’s an extensive glossary. Entries vary from one to two to three pages, depending on number of alt. forms or variations. Main characters, such as Optimus Primal and Megatron get the full three-page treatment, even including early (unused in the TV show) forms such as bat Primal and croc Megatron. It took a good chunk of time to write all four issues, and longer still for IDW editorial to commission the illustrations and compile the books. But here we are at last. Beast Wars Sourcebook #1 hits the stores on Oct 3rd (US) and Oct 4th (UK).

For the full Blog, including the process which Furman and Yess went through to set out the Timeline of the Beast Wars Universe, the Cybertronian hierarchy, and other useful tidbits please Click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
YAY, for a singular continuity!!!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:17 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:YAY, for a singular continuity!!!

It'll be either interesting, or a huge flop full of plotholes and contradictions... I hope it is the former, or I'm afraid DB will hunt both Furman and Yee down... :P
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jgilkinson » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:54 pm

great i love the MTMTE series for g1 and armada... cant wait to own these too
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby Dinobot Nuva » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:54 pm

The question is, do the Mcdonalds BW figs/characters make it in?

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN
Dinobot Nuva
Mini-Con

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher

I think the jury's still out over whether or not that's a good idea.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby steve2275 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I think the jury's still out over whether or not that's a good idea.
till all are one
:grin: :lol: :P
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Tramp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:06 am

Dinobot Nuva wrote:The question is, do the Mcdonalds BW figs/characters make it in?

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN

According to the blog entry, they are doing just that.
Tramp

Postby Bass X0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:02 am

well Dreamwave did to the mini-spies and the powerdashers in the G1 books... i suppose the McDonalds toys do count as beast wars toys on some level.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby Ramrider » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 am

Tramp wrote:
Dinobot Nuva wrote:The question is, do the Mcdonalds BW figs/characters make it in?

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN

...which I imagine Ryan'll be pretty chuffed about, too... 8)
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby Tramp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:27 am

Ramrider wrote:
Tramp wrote:

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not exactly familiar with the term "chuffed". :???:
Tramp

Postby snavej » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:45 am

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
Crisis on Infinite Beasts!
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:13 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
i_amtrunks wrote:I hope it is the former, or I'm afraid DB will hunt both Furman and Yee down... :P

It's a statement to how badly I pay attention that I am only now taking notice of this. Quiet, you. :P
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Talon523 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:42 pm

I think it is a great idea. I love BW and am glad at least one cartoon continuity is still alive.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Talon523 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:42 pm

I think it is a great idea. I love BW and am glad at least one cartoon continuity is still alive.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:16 pm

Tramp wrote:
Ramrider wrote:
Tramp wrote:

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not exactly familiar with the term "chuffed". :???:

Chuffed is good.

Remember, for people from England, if they say something that sounds bad, it's probably a compliment/means a good thing! :P
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:34 am

i_amtrunks wrote:
Tramp wrote:
Ramrider wrote:
Tramp wrote:

C'MON MANTA RAY!
DN

Chuffed is good.

Remember, for people from England, if they say something that sounds bad, it's probably a compliment/means a good thing! :P

Isn't 'chuffed' a primarily English / British word, anyway? It's used quite often around here.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Bass X0 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:37 am

I'm betting there will be a lot of arguments about these profiles.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223443 1068A (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230661 (CA) Checchetto"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2023 SPIDER-MAN + VENOM Marvel Comics DEC220013 (CA) Gleason"
FCBD 2023 SPIDER-M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230920 (CA) Perez (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #15 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN #5 (of 5) var Marvels X Marvel Comics 2020 NOV190911 (CA) Rodriguez"
SPIDER-MAN #5 (of ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 0323DC857 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #135 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10 Marvel Comics 2022 JUL220789 (W) Wells (CA) Romita"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230724 (W) Wells (CA) Land"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #686 DC Comics 1995 (CA) Nolan + Janson (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #77 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211043 (CA) Aja"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #8 var Hellfire Gala Marvel Comics 2022 APR220816 (CA) Dauterman (W) Cates"
HULK #8 var Hellfi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #438 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #438 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 DEC200555 (CA) Bachalo"
NON-STOP SPIDER-MA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220766 (W) Wells (CA) Romita Jr"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON