This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Special Edition Beast Wars Convoy and Megatron to be released next month in Japan

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Special Edition Beast Wars Convoy and Megatron to be released next month in Japan

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Seibertron member Stormrider has come across some information pertaining to Beast Wars Convoy Special Edition and Megatron Special Edition.
The listings:
- TM-SP DXコンボイ Y3,990
- TM-SP DXメガトロン Y3,990
are both set for release next month according to the snakas release schedule.

Pictures have been found in the Dengeki Hobby magazine, but as yet none have been spotted on the Internet.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby one wing angel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:22 pm

oh my god
one wing angel
Fuzor

Postby one wing angel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:23 pm

that is awesom with a captial
one wing angel
Fuzor

Postby MegaDave » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:25 pm

Weapon: Turret Gun
which version of the mold? - bought the beast wars reborn versions last year and love them but as weak willed as i am all it would take for me to buy em again is if megatron had a molded hand and a rubber duck
MegaDave
Combiner
Buy from MegaDave on eBay

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
:shock:

They seriously need a company slogan (or a new one)
"Takara: Over-whoring Molds Since The Beginning Of Time"
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Stormrider » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
MegaDave wrote:which version of the mold? - bought the beast wars reborn versions last year and love them but as weak willed as i am all it would take for me to buy em again is if megatron had a molded hand and a rubber duck

The pictures that I saw in the magazine were the large versions that have the flip on mask. They were repainted of course. They look like these.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:14 pm

Yawn. This is like the third time they'll be rereleased in a year.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:55 pm

These are orderable through Hobby Link Japan.

TM-SP DX Convoy:
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78669

TM-SP DX Megatron:
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78670

Here are images of them through Big Bad Toystore:
TM-SP DX Convoy:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... icture=out

TM-SP DX Megatron:

These are reapints of the originals, and in my Opinion, pale in comparrison to the Reborn versions, yet if you want a completely Nostalgic run and a Gimmick riddled toy, these are it!!! I will buy them, if nothing else then to complete my collection..
Last edited by skywarp-2 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Briggs » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:13 pm

Hmm.. hard to tell, but what version of primal is that a picture of in the news item?
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Stormrider » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
skywarp-2 wrote:These are orderable through Hobby Link Japan.

TM-SP DX Convoy:
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78669

TM-SP DX Megatron:
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78670

Here are images of them through Big Bad Toystore:
TM-SP DX Convoy:

TM-SP DX Megatron:

These are reapints of the originals, and in my Opinion, pale in comparrison to the Reborn versions, yet if you want a completelyt Nostalgic trun and a Gimmick riddled toy, these are it!!! I will buy them, if nothing else then to complete my collection..

Nice find. You've been credited.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:46 pm

No matter how many times you see the figures slightly repainted, they still look good. Guess that speaks volumes about the original molds...
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:54 pm

How many freakin' Beast Wars Optimus Primals and Megatrons do we really need? The Robot Masters versions, the Reborn versions, the TRU versions, the Takara BW 10th anniversary verisons (same as the Robot Masters versions), now these... Seriously, Takara...

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:23 pm

If you don't have these I recomend them.

But with the 10th annaversary and all, I can't believe I'm saying it, but I've had my fill with these two right now. RpbotMasters, Japan BW 10th, US BW 10th, new versions, classic versions, retooled versions...
-----------------------------------------------
oops this was just writen, I gotta learn to read before I write
-----------------------------------------------
Put them to bed for a while.

It's like this episode of South Park I'm watching, it's been on a million times in the last week, it's good, but don't they have a different episode!?!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Briggs » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:19 pm

What toy is that?

edit: nvm.. its the bust. I like that head.
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby olokin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Hmmmm.. :-?

Their colors seem show accurate. I wonder what their sizes are in relation to other BW figures.
olokin
City Commander

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks for the credit to the news story... I know that some of you hate the fact that there have been numerous versions of these 2 Characters released...

I for one was disappointed to learn they were adding the Reissues of the original toy, albeit repainted, but still the original versions added to the TM reissues line up. I was kinda hoping for the Reborn versions in the boxes like the other TM series of Toys released, that way, the 2-Pack I have from Hasbro would be a stand alone, which I could open and leave the Reborn TM's in their Packaging.. alas that wasn't what happened, and so the Gimmick versions are what we can expect next month..

Here is a comparison between the 2 molds, and I believe the Reborn would have been better.. yet from a completist point of view.. I never owned the original figures, and it'll be nice to have the repainted and reissued originals for my collection.. gimmicks and all.. But to those who complain about these, look back at Optimus Prime, Starscream, and Soundwave G-1 reissues.. and such over the past 20 years, they have been reissued Way more then these 2 Beast Wars Characters.. so chill.... :P

Anyways...

Here is why the Reborn Megatron is soo Much better..

1. Cartoon Accuracy head sculpt, with a slight smile for that YESSSSSS!! factor... Excellent.. much better then the silly grimmace grin that the orginal has, similar to that of the Galvatron from BW-2...

2. the Original had the first molded Dinosaur body, and the base for what was later retooled and remolded in the Reborn version. This version did have the battle-mask, which was a nice feature..and may have spurred the whole Battle Mask idea that still is felt today, especially with certain characters from the movie..(looking at you Optimus Prime and Bumblebee) even if his face is a little grimmacy, it has a sort of comic book type charm..

3. The Reborn variation, which I had hoped would have officially made it into the TM reissues line up, but instead these reissues of the originals get to be added.. :sad:
Anyways, this version sported a remolded body shell for the dinosaur, with better muscle accuracy and a resculpted Dino head that's even more fierce and TV show accurate then previously released.. the Head doesn't sport the additional Face Mask, but is highly detailed and show accurate, with a Predacon symbol on the crest of the crown vent... an accurate Paint job does the final trick and Voala!!! you have a very cool accurate and all around best of the best for Beast Wars Megatron..I was very impressed when I compared it to the TV show images...

I would like to say that I highly recommend the Reborn versions.. but these reissues will be added to my collection simply for their nostalgia roots and because they are part of the TM line, and a new Sub line called TM-SP.. which I can only hope will includse the bigger molds like Reborn Optimus Primal and Megatron, Lio Convoy, Big Convoy, Galvatron, Magmatron, ect.. ect..

Honestly though the TM-02 Megatron is about the most accurate version to date I have ever seen, even more so then the large Reborn version...He's got accurate sculpted markings in his upper thighs and he's got a detachable shield that reveals his arm!!! Plus he's more in scale to the other deluxes that were released..

I have hopes that:

TM-SP -03 will be Lio Convoy
TM-SP-04 Will be Galvatron
TM-SP-05 Will Be the Big Convoy
TM-SP-06 Will be the Rebron Optimus Primal
TM-SP-07 Will be the Reborn Megatron
TM-SP-08 Will be the Magmatron
TM-SP-09 Will be the Transmetals Optimus Primal
TM-SP-10 Will be the Transmetals Megatron
TM-SP-11 Will be the Optimal Optimus
TM-SP-12 Will be the TM2 Megatron

That is my wish list...
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby redefined1253 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:25 am

so is this repaint/ rerelease the same mold as the original optimus primal and megatron....or is it a totally new sculpt??

I wish they wouls rerelease the optimus primal original beast wars firgure in the color of the rare blue primal lucky draw figure and stop releasing the same figure just slightly repainted to better match the cartoon. We got enough of them. Between the robot masters and the original molds painted to match the cartoon, thats good enough with me. They can release lucky draw beast wars primal to fans that want it but cant afford to shell out a $1000 for a figure.

Just an opinion of mine___:)
redefined1253
Micromaster

Postby Alex Kingdom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:16 am

I'm usually a big supporter of TakaraTomy and their Beast Wars reissues/repaints/remoulds but these...well why? They've done the BW Reborn set without masks in show accuate colours, they did the RM versions in flat toy accurate colours, they then did them in colours close to the ones they used for the reborn set and now they're doing the original moulds with masks in colours similar the the second RM versions! Why, what is the point?

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned
News Credits: 1093

Postby Wheeljack35 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:28 am

I could pick up the TRU exclusive 2 pack for cheaper then what they want for each
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:41 am

Alex Kingdom wrote:I'm usually a big supporter of TakaraTomy and their Beast Wars reissues/repaints/remoulds but these...well why? They've done the BW Reborn set without masks in show accuate colours, they did the RM versions in flat toy accurate colours, they then did them in colours close to the ones they used for the reborn set and now they're doing the original moulds with masks in colours similar the the second RM versions! Why, what is the point?

Yours AK

Well you have to look at the context of where they are reissueing them and in what line up.. the reason the RM versions are in the TM reissues line up is because they aere great molds and would fit the size and scaling of the other figures. That and the fact that the molds released for the Robot Masters line up were very cartoon accurate to the Original Beast Wars series, plus I'm sure they had lots of Back Stock, so to get rid of them it made sense to finally give us a Cartoon accurate in-sclae version to add to the TM collection... Now you didn't have to track the RM versions down to get the same figure, but feel cheated because of the RM colors, they simply made the accurate colored versions available in one line up, which I'm very grateful for..

The Inclusion of thew originals in Cartoon accurate colors is a disappointment to me, I too believe the Reborn versions were the best and should have seen another release for those who missed out on the boxed set.... But I guess the Originals are for those who cried out over the Reborn versions wanting ther Gimmicks they missed and loved in the original Molds....

you gotta look at this from the perspective of a Beast Wars fan... It's like with G-1 if Takara had released a Reborn Convoy and Megatron with show accuracy, and then a couple of years later released the original G-1 toys with a cartoon accurate paint job.. same difference just it's Beast Wars instead of G-1..

I am happy that we get Beast Wars Reissues, and Happy that Takara Tomy decided that just because the 10th anniversary passed, they will still release them under that banner..as some had suggested they were probably finished with those reiissues.. I'm glad they weren't..

The Beast Wars reissues are cheaper and soooo much easier to obtain then dealing with G-1 dealers and the Over priced and over hyped encores, Predaking Box sets, and Seacon Boxed sets.. those freaking dealers and Online stores are Jerks!! It's nice to be in a collecting market that is more relaxing then taxing...

Wheeljack35 wrote:I could pick up the TRU exclusive 2 pack for cheaper then what they want for each

That is just BBTS they are always more expensive... and if they tell ya its mark up for shipping, its BS, cause I have ordered from HLJ on plenty of o0ccasions and always come in 20.00USD cheaper then what my price was at BBTS..

I would suggest that the Reborn 2-Pack be bought as soon as possible.. it's the best 2-Pack of these characters out there for so little money...
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Alex Kingdom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 am

skywarp-2 wrote:you gotta look at this from the perspective of a Beast Wars fan... It's like with G-1 if Takara had released a Reborn Convoy and Megatron with show accuracy, and then a couple of years later released the original G-1 toys with a cartoon accurate paint job.. same difference just it's Beast Wars instead of G-1..

Errmmm...I know! I really wish you were less condescending in pointing out the obvious. I am a Beast Wars fan so Im not quite sure where you are going with your G1 comparison however if Takara did the same with G1 Convoy and Megatron I'd be saying the same thing, what's the point?

skywarp-2 wrote:I am happy that we get Beast Wars Reissues, and Happy that Takara Tomy decided that just because the 10th anniversary passed, they will still release them under that banner..as some had suggested they were probably finished with those reiissues.. I'm glad they weren't..

Me too I just question why they have repainted the original moulds rather than just reissue the BWR figures or the original figure with original Deco. It just seems a little pointless to me.

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 am

Alex Kingdom wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:you gotta look at this from the perspective of a Beast Wars fan... It's like with G-1 if Takara had released a Reborn Convoy and Megatron with show accuracy, and then a couple of years later released the original G-1 toys with a cartoon accurate paint job.. same difference just it's Beast Wars instead of G-1..

Errmmm...I know! I really wish you were less condescending in pointing out the obvious. I am a Beast Wars fan so Im not quite sure where you are going with your G1 comparison however if Takara did the same with G1 Convoy and Megatron I'd be saying the same thing, what's the point?

I'm Sorry AK, if you took my statement as condescending, It really wasn't directed at you or anyone in that way.. I was trying to illustrate that the Reissues, though very disappointing, was valid and not an excessive release of the Molds.. the prior releases have been under different Banners, so in this case it's under one banner.. now if they do an "Encore" of Beast Wars, then I'll have to say Enough!!!

But to your point Takara did do the same with G-1 Optimus and Megatron...it's under the Banner Masterpiece..which is a better quality then the reissues from the encore line up.. Again I'm sorry if I came accross condescending, that was certainly not my goal.. and I didn't meant to insinuate that you weren't a Beast Wars fan, that was mainly for those G-1 supporters who constantly complain about them releasing these guys, when they should look at how many times G-1 reissues of Optimus Prime and others have come out... :(

Alex Kingdom wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:I am happy that we get Beast Wars Reissues, and Happy that Takara Tomy decided that just because the 10th anniversary passed, they will still release them under that banner..as some had suggested they were probably finished with those reiissues.. I'm glad they weren't..

Me too I just question why they have repainted the original moulds rather than just reissue the BWR figures or the original figure with original Deco. It just seems a little pointless to me.

Yours AK

Exactly my feeling!! I* can see it if the Origfinal toy was desired by those who first had it.. i have friends who tell me they prefer the Original Gimmicks and all.. but I'm just not interested from a wants stand point, just a completist stand point is the only reason I'd buy em'... I wa very disappointed to not see the Reborns come back or the Transmetals get theirs.. but Like I said earlier, maybe this is the start of an offshoot line up of the TM-SP and maybe just maybe we'll finally get those larger class toys in a line up from Takara Tomy with the Reborns as well.. I just really hope the TM2 Optimal Optimus and Megatron get released in the TM-SP line.. those are really what I want..

If they do TM-01 OPtimus Primal lets hope they resculpt his face...
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby WhiteNoise » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 am

I'm perfectly happy with last years TRU 2-pack, I see no need to purchase this all over again. Man, Takara sure has a hard-on for these sculptures...
WhiteNoise
Mini-Con

Postby Overcracker » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:05 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Since I missed them all the other times, and my Interest for Beast Wars figures has been recently ignited. I'll probably get them, if they are at a decent price.

I particularly want Primal.

Although i wold kinda like a TM Megs re-issue. Just love those hover engines on the T-Rex.

If they re going to start re-releasing things. I'd like a Primal Prime re-release.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Alex Kingdom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 am

skywarp-2 wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah

What I said in my original posts still stands so why quote and dissect it if in essence you agree with it? :roll:

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON