This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Knight Rider TV Series Returns...Because of Transformers

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Knight Rider TV Series Returns...Because of Transformers

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:44 am

One of the more popular TV Shows of the 80's is set to make its return to the small screen. NBC has announced it plans on bringing back the Knight Rider series. The series revolved around a high-tech computerized car known as K.I.T.T. (originally voiced by William Daniels) and its driver Michael Knight (originally played by David Hasselhoff).

Variety reports that the inspiration for bringing back the series to TV was brought on by the Michael Bay Transformers movie.

"Success of "Transformers" had a role in inspiring NBC Entertainment chief Ben Silverman's decision to revive "Knight." The thinking is that smallscreen f/x have advanced to the point where it'd be feasible to have a weekly series in which cars shift shapes".

"There's also huge potential for advertiser integration. General Motors was all over "Transformers," and it's easy to see NBC striking a rich deal with a single automaker to serve as the exclusive auto brand for the new "Knight." It's understood preliminary talks have already begun".
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Dark Ops » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 am

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Shape shifting? As long as it's not Viper, I'm all for it!
Dark Ops
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 am

Good grief!
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Flint » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 am

Sweet! I hope the Hoff has a part in this.
Help the Pryde race to 100...http://www.kittyspryde.com/
Flint
Minibot
News Credits: 3

Postby Archanubis » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Didn't UPN already try this, with dismal results?
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby DorkimusPrime » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 am

Flint wrote:Sweet! I hope the Hoff has a part in this.

Me too, but I don't want NBC to Hassle the Hoff too much.
DorkimusPrime
Targetmaster

Postby TheKnightShift » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:04 am

NO MORE REMAKES!!!

Can't this industry produce something original?!?

What next: a re-hash of "The A-Team" with Tyrese Gibson as B.A. Baracus and Terry O'Quinn as Hannibal?
TheKnightShift
Minibot
News Credits: 9

Postby Ravage XK » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:06 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Shape shift? When did KITT ever shape shift? Unless you mean the drop top or the mind numbingly daft super pursuit mode where bits of the car stuck out for no real reason.

Knightrider 2000 was pretty bad ( woman gets one of KITT's chips installed in her noggin, please ) and Team Knightrider reminds me of the American dub of Galaxy Force with all the cars having a stupid accent.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:09 am

Did you ever see Knight Rider 2010? That didn't even have a car until the last half hour - and it didn't even talk!
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby crazyfists » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:26 am

Motto: "Bees!?"
TheKnightShift makes a good point, no more remakes!
crazyfists
Pretender
Watch crazyfists on YouTube
Buy from crazyfists on eBay

Postby Scaleface » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:26 am

Well, KITT had that "Super Pursuit" mode in the last season. Still, I hope it's a SEQUAL, not a REMAKE. Too many remakes slapping the face of their old series. I want to see a series where they make a new car, and no I don't mean Knight Rider 2000!
Attachments
Kitt%20in%20Super%20Persuit%20Mode.jpeg
Kitt%20in%20Super%20Persuit%20Mode.jpeg (38.58 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
cskitt.jpeg
cskitt.jpeg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:30 am

How many times have they tried this and failed?

There was that Knight Rider team show with the mortorcyle. The Knight Rider future show with the rusted out homemade car with KITT being the guys girlfriend stuck in a crystal or something like that. I remember they had a kick ass monster truck in that one two.

I don't know if I'm missing any, but basicly Knight Rider was cool in it's own right. I realy hope if they do this that they learn from the mistakes in these previous attempts, or else, this will be an easy strick 3 for this franchise.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Ultra Magnus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 am

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
This could be cool... I think that re-makes like this are always a good idea because for all intents and purposes, they WORK. Knight Rider was extremely popular in its day, and there's no reason to think that an updated version won't sell, so long as it's handled right.

As for the Shape-Shifting, well all I know is that towards the end of the original Knight Rider series, K.I.T.T. woul doccasionally transform in to "Super Pursuit Mode(all of the armor panels extending outward, looked kinda dumb)", and that's something I'd rather not see repeated. But who knows. This could be interesting. Now give me some Airwolf and then we'll be cookin' with Gas!
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sign Of The Cross » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:33 am

I wonder if they'll try to bring back Peter Cullen to do the voice of K.A.R.R., K.I.T.T.'s evil nemesis?
Sign Of The Cross
Micromaster

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 am

Cullen could be K.I.T.T.!
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Sarri » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:53 am

Aww, Knight Rider, doesn't that bring back memories.
I apropriately fawned over David Hasselhoff, as very girl around here, although I always liked KITT better. I have even have a remote controlled KITT, but I dont know whether he still works, he'll go back onto the drawer tomorrow after the new telephone cable is in place.

I'm undecided as far as a new series goes, depends upon how it is done. Many of the recent SciFi series just can't hold my interest, somehow they have no heart.
Last edited by Sarri on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarri
Fuzor

Postby autobot_aza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:54 am

cool bring back hasselhoff!
autobot_aza
Minibot

Postby BLIX007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:56 am

Just as long as they don't bring back that no talent ass clown Hasselhoff it will be good.
"Getting older is Inevitable....Growing up is Optional"

http://blix007.deviantart.com/
BLIX007
Micromaster

Postby Jimotron Prime » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:58 am

Motto: ""My job is better than your vacation." -Aspen, CO"
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
So...I know a lot of you are up in arms about this. But I have fond memories of watching Knight Rider as a kid...dare I say almost as much as Transformers? Forget that it was a cheasy show that starred Hasselhoff...to me, there was nothing more exciting than seeing a sleek Trans Am jump over barriers, tear through walls, get shot at, and not suffer a scratch! And then it could also drive itself, which was an added bonus...ah, memories....

I am a little worried, though. As stated, they've had several failures at trying to launch another series, and technically they were trying to take the movie approach (the Weinstein Company had acquired the movie rights). In other words, there's been a lot of talk over the past four years, but no results.
"Since God created man, and man created the Transformers, the Transformers are like a gift from God, Randal!"
-Elias, Clerks II
Jimotron Prime
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby steve2275 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:01 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
as long as the hoff doesnt sing
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Robinson » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:03 am

I liked the viper concept. Nbc seems to be hitting the mark n a few of its shows now with Heroes, and I havent seen Bionic woman but its got some outside hype. With the right team in place anything is possible.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 am

It's becoming more and more obvious that either network execs smoke way too much weed-OR NOT ENOUGH!

A shape shifting KITT.... um, no.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:14 am

Robinson wrote:I liked the viper concept. Nbc seems to be hitting the mark n a few of its shows now with Heroes, and I havent seen Bionic woman but its got some outside hype. With the right team in place anything is possible.

Heroes = original idea. Good job NBC, now go and think of some more.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:17 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
TheKnightShift wrote:Image

NO MORE REMAKES!!!

What next: a re-hash of "The A-Team" with Tyrese Gibson as B.A. Baracus and Terry O'Quinn as Hannibal?

An A-Team movie is already in the planning phase (it is scheduled for 2009), the actors are 75% chosen, I heard.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:20 am

Chaoslock wrote:
TheKnightShift wrote:Image

NO MORE REMAKES!!!

An A-Team movie is already in the planning phase (it is scheduled for 2009), the actors are 75% chosen, I heard.

Do you mean they've selected 75% of the cast or the cast is only 75% sure it wants to do it? Because, if it's the latter, I'd probably listen to that other 25%.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200371 2RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RI-B IDW Comics 2007 1RIB 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210679 32B (CA) Burcham (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON