This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Scott Farrar, Transformers The Movie Visual Effects Supervisor, Interview On Scif Fi Wire

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Scott Farrar, Transformers The Movie Visual Effects Supervisor, Interview On Scif Fi Wire

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:12 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The visuals being such a large part of the movie, here's a little interview by Cindy White of 'Sci Fi Wire' that is of interest to many of us, and reveals broad plans for the next installment...

"Scott Farrar, visual-effects supervisor and second-unit director of Michael Bay's Transformers, told SCI FI Wire that the recently announced sequel will be more ambitious visually.

"We want to improve on some of the processes that we did," Ferrar said in an interview at Industrial Light & Magic in San Francisco, where the film's transforming robots were created. "I think what we're going to do is get faster and know our problems sooner and quicker. And then, of course, I know Michael's always thinking about new, crazy actions. And we're open to that."

After discussing the monumental task of creating the effects for the first film, Farrar groaned and fell off his chair in jest when asked about the sequel, which was announced last week with an anticipated release date of June 26, 2009.

"It's a circus, and they're going to raise the tight-wire walker a little bit higher next time," he said. "But it's all going to be dramatic. I think the commitment is not to just chuck out a sequel. The commitment is, and this makes us really happy here, that it's a deep story. There are lots of layers to the story of all these Decepticons, everybody. And so they want to really keep the characters rich."

Farrar added that the filmmakers plan to use the techniques and technology they learned on the first film to make the second even better. "It was difficult and, I think, laborious and I think we learned a lot by the end," he said. "I think we've learned a lot about lighting, and I think we can go to much moodier lighting. Lots of things. It'll be improved."

Transformers will be released on DVD and HD DVD Oct. 16. -Cindy White"

Thanks to Shinobi Rendar and Robinson for getting us this cool new information.

Seibertorn.com Movie News for the latest movie information.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Skowl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:19 am

You beat me to it... I haven't posted a story in weeks, I'm ashamed.

Sounds promising, the special effects the first time around were mind-blowing, I can't wait to see what else they can do.

I think he slipped when he said "There are lots of layers to the story of all these Decepticons", he probably just meant Transformers, or "robots".
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:22 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Or did he mean this would be more Decepticon based, so we can see how they are run, how they live, how they are motivated???

Sorry Skowl.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Stickshift » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:10 pm

hmmm so even tighter shots on an even more complex leg as it zips through the frame, before cutting to an arm doing exactly the same thing but going in the opposite direction?

(not a hater, but just speaking as a film goer that became a little overwhelmed and confused during the fight sequences)
Stickshift
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby homelessjunkeon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:48 pm

trilobitepictures wrote:"There are lots of layers to the story of all these Decepticons, everybody. And so they want to really keep the characters rich."

Keep. Yes, KEEP the rich characters. We certainly noticed the RICH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT in the first one.

"s'up, Bitches?"
"You failed me again, Starscream."
"I just wanted to show them my guns."

HAI GUYZ! I FIT A CHAR ARCHETYPE, AND NOW I WILL SAY NOTHING FOR TEH REST OF TEH FILEM. I AM RICH CHAR, MAKE MANY MONEY.
[/agree]
homelessjunkeon
Vehicon

Re: Scott Farrar, Transformers The Movie Visual Effects Supervisor, Interview On Scif Fi Wire

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:I think we can go to much moodier lighting.

In layman's terms this means:

"We can make the film much darker and grittier, so you get even less visual detail once things start moving"

Add darker shots with all the motion blur, and TF2 may as well be a shadow puppet movie... :-(
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230520 5I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics APR230357 1D"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230244 5B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230459 7K (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics SEP230083 114E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr T 1:50 Dynamite Comics MAY230492 1T (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr M 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230691 9M (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230321 11F Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230478 1F (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr M 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney AUG230328 11M (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr Q FOC 1:7 line art Dynamite Comics DEC237792 12Q (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230123 117C"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics JUL230122 112E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr G Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230085 114G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON