This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Holiday Toy Sale At Walmart (not on Transformers yet)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Holiday Toy Sale At Walmart (not on Transformers yet)

Postby Barrelass » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Not sure if Transformers are going to be on the holiday list, but Walmart is starting their holiday toy price reductions sooner than before (sounds like they announce new ones each week or something). Press release says "numerous, deep rollbacks on what the retailer considers to be the items on wish lists this year. Starting this week, Wal-Mart will announce rollbacks each week in this aggressive move to lead the market on holiday savings." Nothing listed on Transformers yet, but you would think that they would be considered items on 'wish lists' this christmas, so keep watching.

Here is the press release if anyone is interested in what toys they have announced thus far: http://www.walmartfacts.com/articles/5327.aspx
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Agent 007 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:35 pm

cool let's keep our fingers crossed! :PRAY:
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Doesn't help much when they have nothing on the shelves to begin with.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sounds like CNN and Walmart are teaming up to control the economy...

Will these price cuts affect prices in Canada, as well? (not that my local walmart has any TFs I'm looking for...)
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
And that's what they were talking about with Walmart's sales in December being horrible last year. They sold so much in Oct/Nov that they had no inventory left to sell in Dec.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 pm

When I saw this break today, I wondered what kind of effect it would have. Guess we'll have to see. I suspect no more than 10% on Transformers, except for maybe the older tech stuff and real gear.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Kimmer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:18 pm

hopefully anime mp screamer will be affected by this and it might be time to get a dvd anniversary prime too.
Kimmer
Combiner

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:18 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Caelus wrote:Doesn't help much when they have nothing on the shelves to begin with.

My thought exactly. Maybe This could help if people wanna go out to the Johnsohn's Ranch Wal-Mart here in AZ if they haven't picked the Classics-packaged 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime or the Ultimate Bumblebee yet and want them. I just saw both out there over the weekend. Otherwise, looking for Transformers at Wal-Mart is pointless around here. You'd have better luck at the Toy Liquidators in the outlet mall on Power and Baseline. Even then all I found that I wanted was Payload.

Fender Bender wrote:And that's what they were talking about with Walmart's sales in December being horrible last year. They sold so much in Oct/Nov that they had no inventory left to sell in Dec.

The problem here, in the case of Transformers, is that they can't run out of an inventory they just don't have to begin with.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Alright!

Now if only they'd restock!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby BlurPrime » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:05 pm

sweet.
BlurPrime
Micromaster

Postby Blozor » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
The Transformers problem seems to not be limited to Wal-Mart. Everywhere I go, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, they are all out of Transformers merchandise. It seems to me like it's Hasbro and not Wal-Mart that dropped the ball on their Transformers stock. It'd be odd that all three of the major toy retailing chains conveniently forgot to reorder the hottest selling property of the summer.
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Ploptimus Prime » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:17 pm

F wally world.
Ploptimus Prime
Micromaster

Postby Ploptimus Prime » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 pm

Now if Walmart could just do something about the smell of feces that wafts through the air in the store. I swear, it's like going to the zoo in there sometimes. Large, waddling mammals and strange unexplainable smells.
Ploptimus Prime
Micromaster

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
...how on Earth can they say that Spider-Man 3 toys are in the top 12 figures? They have them in stock and *can't* sell them.

TransFormers are never in stock (until recently) but *can* sell, quite well, in fact. (3 million figures sold, wasn't it??)

But then again, all of corporate America has backwards thinking.

Speaking of TFs being in stock...it was like Christmas time tonight. I almost cried. It was beautiful. Concept Camaro Bumblebees as far as the eye could see. (Alright not really, but he's becoming a shelfwarmer like someone on here had thought.)
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Autobot032 wrote:...how on Earth can they say that Spider-Man 3 toys are in the top 12 figures? They have them in stock and *can't* sell them.

No clue. I can only take a guess as to why Spider-Man 3 toys aren't selling: I'd bet it's because people are every bit as interested as I am in buying them. Assuming this is true, it means they're not interested at all.

Autobot032 wrote:TransFormers are never in stock (until recently) but *can* sell, quite well, in fact. (3 million figures sold, wasn't it??)

Tranformers are in stock in your area?

Autobot032 wrote:Speaking of TFs being in stock...it was like Christmas time tonight. I almost cried. It was beautiful. Concept Camaro Bumblebees as far as the eye could see. (Alright not really, but he's becoming a shelfwarme
r like someone on here had thought.)

Apparent sarcasm aside, Bumblebee shelfwarming the way Spider-Man does requires that Bumblebee actually be in stock and available for purchase. Haven't been to wal-mart since last weekend, but at that time all they had was ultimate bumblebee and 20th anniversary prime.

Blozor wrote:The Transformers problem seems to not be limited to Wal-Mart. Everywhere I go, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, they are all out of Transformers merchandise. It seems to me like it's Hasbro and not Wal-Mart that dropped the ball on their Transformers stock. It'd be odd that all three of the major toy retailing chains conveniently forgot to reorder the hottest selling property of the summer.

Haven't been into Target or TRU in ages. If you were wrong here, though, I'd think hasbrotoyshop.com would be doing better than they are at having TF merchandise up as well.

And if they had anything current last few times I went looking, odds are it wouldn't be an issue with me because I'd already have all the figures I really want.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Bumblebee-otch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Autobot032 wrote:...how on Earth can they say that Spider-Man 3 toys are in the top 12 figures? They have them in stock and *can't* sell them.

TransFormers are never in stock (until recently) but *can* sell, quite well, in fact. (3 million figures sold, wasn't it??)

they are trying to hype up the crappy toys to clear them out!
Thanks, Tweezy
Bumblebee-otch
Brainmaster

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

No clue. I can only take a guess as to why Spider-Man 3 toys aren't selling: I'd bet it's because people are every bit as interested as I am in buying them. Assuming this is true, it means they're not interested at all.

You'd be right. I've seen people buy Star Wars, TransFormers, Elmo, etc. I have yet to see a single person (other than myself) buy anything Spider-Man. That's not to say none of it's sold, I've just never witnessed anyone with a single item at the register. (I've seen a couple of unopened items returned.)

ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:TransFormers are never in stock (until recently) but *can* sell, quite well, in fact. (3 million figures sold, wasn't it??)

Tranformers are in stock in your area?

Finally. Cases and cases and cases of Deluxe Class and Real Gears.

ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Speaking of TFs being in stock...it was like Christmas time tonight. I almost cried. It was beautiful. Concept Camaro Bumblebees as far as the eye could see. (Alright not really, but he's becoming a shelfwarme
r like someone on here had thought.)

Apparent sarcasm aside, Bumblebee shelfwarming the way Spider-Man does requires that Bumblebee actually be in stock and available for purchase. Haven't been to wal-mart since last weekend, but at that time all they had was ultimate bumblebee and 20th anniversary prime.

I've seen ten Concept Camaro Bumblebees since they opened these cases. Six of them remain, along with loads of the rest of 'em. (I think Dropkick will definitely be a huge shelfwarmer. He just doesn't move at all. Even Recon Barricade and Payload sell better. =\)

ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Blozor wrote:The Transformers problem seems to not be limited to Wal-Mart. Everywhere I go, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, they are all out of Transformers merchandise. It seems to me like it's Hasbro and not Wal-Mart that dropped the ball on their Transformers stock. It'd be odd that all three of the major toy retailing chains conveniently forgot to reorder the hottest selling property of the summer.

Haven't been into Target or TRU in ages. If you were wrong here, though, I'd think hasbrotoyshop.com would be doing better than they are at having TF merchandise up as well.

And if they had anything current last few times I went looking, odds are it wouldn't be an issue with me because I'd already have all the figures I really want.

Oh Hasbro admitted (through Target and other places) that there was a shortage on the production end. Basically they never expected demand to hit as hard as it did. They're catching up now, though. Oh my goodness are they catching up. I think I counted about eight or nine cases worth of Deluxe figures on the pegs and pallet display shelf.

Bumblebee-otch wrote:

they are trying to hype up the crappy toys to clear them out!

They're gonna have to do a lot more than just hype. lol 'Cuz they ain't gettin' it moved. lol
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby LyleStyleZ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:25 pm

amazingly, two of my local wal-marts (i live in Vallejo, CA) were fully stocked of deluxe figures on tuesday. these were wal-marts in napa and american canyon. my friends and i were finally able to pick up 3 '08 bumblebees. i haven't seen so many deluxe figures since the movie came out! so if this price drop WILL truly happen in my area, and with the abundance of deluxe figures, i may have to get all the figures i haven't gotten since the movie came out, along with some classics and HOPEFULLY a re-issue of the 20th anniversary optimus prime.
LyleStyleZ

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230854 (CA) Giangiordano (W)Phillips"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #5 Marvel Comics 2020 DEC190911 (W) Brisson (A) Frigeri (CA) Kuder"
GHOST RIDER #5 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231142 (CA) Lozano (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #1 var f ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight BLACK WHITE BLOOD #2 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAY228331"
Moon Knight BLACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #11 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230954 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #11 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #9 var x-treme Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220949 (CA) Ruan (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #9 var x- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #7 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220899 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #7 var Mi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 var Marvel Comics JUN230944 Texeira"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230683 (CA) Clarke (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #2 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230651 (CA) Young"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220941 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #8 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #11 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230857 (CA) Scalera (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #11 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230910 (CA) Harvey (W) Mackie"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #8 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221024 (CA) Hitch (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #8 var ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON