This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First review anywhere of TRANSFORMERS: THE SCORE (Plus: want a copy signed by Steve Jablonsky???)

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

First review anywhere of TRANSFORMERS: THE SCORE (Plus: want a copy signed by Steve Jablonsky???)

Postby TheKnightShift » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:43 pm

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2007/10/first-review-anywhere-of-transformers.html

Among the highlights:

- It sounds AMAZING!!!

- The mis-spelled track names have been fixed!

- Most of these tracks are LONGER than what they are in the movie.

- Almost an hour long (only short by 2 seconds :-)

Much more at the link above.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

But... guess what??

THAT'S NOT ALL!!!

We have a copy of Transformers: The Score, signed by Steve Jablonsky himself, that we will be putting up for auction on eBay sometime very soon. 100% of the proceeds will be going toward something involving music education. I cannot say enough how thankful we are to Mr. Jablonsky that he is helping us out like this. Bigtime props to the man himself!!!

Will be able to share more details about that hopefully in the next few days. But there's yer heads-up: you'll soon get a chance to bid on a copy of the Transformers score signed by Steve Jablonsky.

Okay well long story short: it's an awesome soundtrack CD, easily one of the best that I've ever listened to. Absolutely go out and buy this next week!

later y'all,
Chris Knight
theknightshift.blogspot.com
TheKnightShift
Minibot
News Credits: 9

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:23 pm

Awesome review.

Looking forward to this.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Skowl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this great review with us Chris! Glad you finally got your CD (and signed by the Big Guy, no less!). Be sure to let us know when the auction goes up, it could make the front page and it's all for a good cause!

Can't wait to get my copy, only three more sleeps! Front paged and credited!
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 pm

And a release date... ?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:41 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Nice review, I can't wait to get mine.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby SnipeShade » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:44 pm

cool review!! I can't wait to get one myself in 3 days!! <3
SnipeShade
Combiner

Postby Skowl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:51 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:And a release date... ?

It's been confirmed for an October 9th release, this coming tuesday!
Skowl
City Commander

Postby Bumblebee-otch » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:57 pm

this will be the first score i have EVER bought! i'll be jammin it in my car 24/7!!! 8)
Thanks, Tweezy
Bumblebee-otch
Brainmaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Skowl wrote:It's been confirmed for an October 9th release, this coming tuesday!

Except in Canada, apparently, since neither Future Shop nor Best Buy have a listing for it.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Skowl wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:And a release date... ?

It's been confirmed for an October 9th release, this coming tuesday!

Nice, I save all summer for a large flat screen TV. Since I've gotten it I've been waiting for realy nothing more than the DVD release, so I can watch this movie once again in all it's glory.

Being abile to score the score(no pun intended) to listen to it as I drive home with this DVD will be a perfect primer(once again, no pun)

This is all coming together very nicely :-?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Skowl wrote:It's been confirmed for an October 9th release, this coming tuesday!

Except in Canada, apparently, since neither Future Shop nor Best Buy have a listing for it.

Rememer, Liege ships! Screw corporate border laws.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Skowl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Rememer, Liege ships! Screw corporate border laws.

Amazon.ca has the pre-order page, with the release date for October 9th as well...

EDIT: Nevermind, it's for the import.

I ordered it from Amazon.com, even shipping to Canada is super-fast, and with the Canadian dollar 1:1 with the US dollar right now, it's the time to buy!
Skowl
City Commander

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:

No release listings for for it here either... Going to have to import it.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Skowl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:42 pm

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank, as Chris did, Steve Jablonsky for the wonderful score. Music is a great tool to help people remember, and this score will always make me recollect the many moments during the film where my jaw dropped to the floor!

I'd also want to thank Chris himself, I know he's put alot of work into getting this thing done. I'm glad he got some signed copies and the recognition he has earned as a fan.

Also, for the many fans of Jablonsky work here in the forums, I strongly suggest looking into his work on Michael Bay's other film, The Island, for which he also composed a wonderful and haunting score.
Skowl
City Commander

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:58 pm

Defintely buying this on Tuesday. I will probably buy the "Autobots Arrival" on iTunes so I can listen to it on my way to the store to buy the album!

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby OhioBot » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:00 pm

Does it have the pimp music that plays when Bumblebee scans the 08 Camero and pulls up to Sam and Mikela? Love that soundbite... this is gonna be a good soundtrack!
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

OhioBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Collector Maximus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 pm

One day I hope to be so lucky. Glad to hear such a great review. I can't wait to get it and listen to it.

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Buzzkill on the date!

However, Liege knows of many import stores, and stands by the "Liege Ships" statement. On this note I'd like to promote Sound Exchange in Wayne NJ as well as CD world in Totowa and Union NJ as excellent resources for the rarest of the rare as well as All of Bloomfield ave in MontClair.

These places can get you anything, and that's just for walking distance starters :grin:

Outside of enjoying the score in threaters though, I'd like to thank Jablonsky for his efforts. He surely will hold a place in my collective with overlooked artists like Chris Young and, none score artists like Kaja Nin, GoodSpeed You Black Emporer, and Buckethead.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bumblebee-otch » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 pm

i can't wait to listen to the song when they were all falling to earth and scanning alts. sooooo epic :DANCE:
Thanks, Tweezy
Bumblebee-otch
Brainmaster

Postby Highbeam » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Motto: "Do what you love and do it well."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I can hardly wait!!! *happy dance*
Saber Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
  • 24. ~S.U.V. - Society of Ultimate Villainy*

~ And all this time I thought S.U.V. stood for Sports Utillity Vehicle.
Highbeam
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Jeep Cherokee
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby BluePhirePB » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:33 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:

NOOO!!!
BluePhirePB
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby TheKnightShift » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 pm

I've listened through this all the way through 4 times now. "Epic" is what keeps coming to mind, if I had to describe it in just one word.

How beautiful is this score? Well, earlier tonight I put it on my MP3 player... after encoding the tracks at the highest quality settings possible. Something that I have never done before. It ate up a ton of hardrive space (to say nothing of how much it takes up on the MP3 player itself) but of all the music that I've ever owned, this is the one album that absolutely demanded such special treatment.

As I said in the review though, I would certainly recommend getting the physical CD of the Transformers score over buying a digital download of the album. You definitely want to be able to enjoy this album in the fullest audio quality possible. And in the long run you will very much appreciate that you have something so beautiful in your music collection. I'll be purchasing a copy this coming Tuesday, so that I can have one to go in the rack with the other CDs (the Steve Jablonsky-signed copy is going in a shadowbox along with a copy of the petition and a sign saying "No Sacrifice, No Victory!" :grin: )

But please, be very VERY careful if you listen to "Scorponok" while driving. That track is going to be the cause of soooooooo many speeding tickets :sad:

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony and I'd like to buy everyone a copy of the Steve Jablonsky Transformers score..."
TheKnightShift
Minibot

Postby Rocky87 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:19 pm

Great review. Pre-ordered the score from Amazon the day I found it there. Anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

One thing I'm still waiting to find out: is Optimus Prime's arrival to fight Megatron included in "You're a Soldier Now"?

Guess I'll find out come Tuesday.
Rocky87
Mini-Con

Postby TheKnightShift » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 pm

OhioBot wrote:Does it have the pimp music that plays when Bumblebee scans the 08 Camero and pulls up to Sam and Mikela? Love that soundbite... this is gonna be a good soundtrack!
Doesn't have that one. That's from some other movie though, I think. Ocean's Eleven, perhaps? :-?
TheKnightShift
Minibot

Postby TheKnightShift » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 pm

Rocky87 wrote:One thing I'm still waiting to find out: is Optimus Prime's arrival to fight Megatron included in "You're a Soldier Now"?
Yup! Well it's on there somewhere anyway, was listening to it earlier tonight and recognized that cue :D
TheKnightShift
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 9RI (CA) Perlin"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1D GI JOE 1023IM262 (CA) Epting"
DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210491 (CA)Goux (W) Watters"
NEW!
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #89 Cvr B IDW Comics 2013 89B (W)Furman (CA) Guidi"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210482 3A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15A (CA) Perez SEP190683"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19RI JAN200700 (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS #19 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON