This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hyper Hobby magazine - new pictures MP Megatron & Sports Label

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby Ruthless Cynic » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 am

I've been kind of out of the loop lately with Law School Apps and Job interviews for the past few months; anyone care to tell me where I can import one without the orange saftey tip?
Ruthless Cynic
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:54 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
83457W422102 wrote:There's no URL in the news story.

Don't need one. There are two buttons at the top of the news story that take you to the link itself.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like someone put one there anyways. The balance has been restored. :P

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Robinson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 am

Kronos wrote:The area outlined in red in this pic is what I was talking about when I said Megatron's unibrow.

I dont think thats a unibrow, I think that is to show depth perception of the recession from his forhead to his eyes
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:04 pm

My question is this:

Its March when will it ship? :???:
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby jgilkinson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:36 pm

CANT WAIT FOR MINE
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby bumblezzz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 pm

well the original g1 megatron had very skinny legs and I don't understand why you are all upset. if you loved G1 megs so why worry about this one. plus since it is based on the show and toy it will have skinny legs no matter what
bumblezzz
Vehicon

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Wheeljack35 wrote:My question is this:

It comes out at the end of the months so I would guess late March early April.

bumblezzz wrote:well the original g1 megatron had very skinny legs and I don't understand why you are all upset. if you loved G1 megs so why worry about this one. plus since it is based on the show and toy it will have skinny legs no matter what

Most people don't have a huge problem with it. Just comparing it to the other MPs in the line make it look rather weak is all. I like that he has skinny legs like G1 Megs. Gives it a nostalgic feel.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Down_Shift wrote:

Ah crap another whole month trying to hold on to $100
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Booda » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:16 pm

Damn it, I swore I wouldn't get this and that the MP line was dead to me because of the orange crap. But he's so friggin' cool looking!
Booda
Micromaster

Postby bumblezzz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Down_Shift wrote:

bumblezzz wrote:well the original g1 megatron had very skinny legs and I don't understand why you are all upset. if you loved G1 megs so why worry about this one. plus since it is based on the show and toy it will have skinny legs no matter what

Most people don't have a huge problem with it. Just comparing it to the other MPs in the line make it look rather weak is all. I like that he has skinny legs like G1 Megs. Gives it a nostalgic feel.
well glad you like it. I can't wait to get mine. do you think that the head gimmick is more of a battle mode than a g1 toy head. I think if the eyes could be visible it would count as a g1 head. I mean't the critics who hate for being small. weel you could agree with me that since it is based on the gi toy so it will be small. sucks that they never will come out with a mini-bots master piece box set. or even a grimlock or a hot rod. masterpiece soundwave? I wish. right.
bumblezzz
Vehicon

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:33 pm

bumblezzz wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:

well glad you like it. I can't wait to get mine. do you think that the head gimmick is more of a battle mode than a g1 toy head. I think if the eyes could be visible it would count as a g1 head. I mean't the critics who hate for being small. weel you could agree with me that since it is based on the gi toy so it will be small. sucks that they never will come out with a mini-bots master piece box set. or even a grimlock or a hot rod. masterpiece soundwave? I wish. right.

No, it's based on G1. Compare this to the alternate head:
Bluebullet

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Hot_Rod wrote:Anybody know if the shoes can actually be worn by a child? That would rule all. It would sure beat out all those other fads we see with the roller sneaker thingys and stuff. This would be the coolest of all shool grounds!

Both of them look awesome. I must have. I'm very suprised at how cool the robot mode of the sneakers look.

They could if they weren't packed full of transormer parts. They are making a kids shoe with Transformers logos on them. That's just as good to a kid. (mind you I would have given anything in the world to have Gretskys shoes from "Pro*Stars" :P

bumblezzz wrote:well glad you like it. I can't wait to get mine. do you think that the head gimmick is more of a battle mode than a g1 toy head. I think if the eyes could be visible it would count as a g1 head. I mean't the critics who hate for being small. weel you could agree with me that since it is based on the gi toy so it will be small. sucks that they never will come out with a mini-bots master piece box set. or even a grimlock or a hot rod. masterpiece soundwave? I wish. right.

I really don't think it's a G1 head because there are no eyes to it. If it is suppose to be a G1 head that TT is getting lazy, bug time. As for another MasterPiece, I would see it being another big player in the series. If there were to do one, they could easily re-paint Starscream into one of the other seekers. But if it were to be an original mould... I would guess Grimlock, Rodimus or Galvatron. I could even see those three being next in line for the T.H.S. treatment. Who knows, we might get a nice teaser from what ever is included in MP-Megatrons contents.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Bluebullet wrote: No, it's based on G1. Compare this to the alternate head:

To be honest I can't see it being an alternate head. It's got to be part of the Transformation.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
Bluebullet wrote: No, it's based on G1. Compare this to the alternate head:

To be honest I can't see it being an alternate head. It's got to be part of the Transformation.
From the looks of it, that would probably make the most sense,as it dosen't look enough like his G1 toy head to be a good representation.

One thing I was wondering about the orange cap thing...I thought I might have heard that the end of the scope would have one, too....like it is on Classics Megs. Am I right about that...or is it just more orange cap paranoia?
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby Stormrider » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Down_Shift wrote:
Hot_Rod wrote:Anybody know if the shoes can actually be worn by a child? That would rule all. It would sure beat out all those other fads we see with the roller sneaker thingys and stuff. This would be the coolest of all shool grounds!

Both of them look awesome. I must have. I'm very suprised at how cool the robot mode of the sneakers look.

Sure if your child is club foot and has two left feet. :P

edited for clarity.
Last edited by Stormrider on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:23 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Down_Shift wrote:
83457W422102 wrote:There's no URL in the news story.

Don't need one. There are two buttons at the top of the news story that take you to the link itself.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like someone put one there anyways. The balance has been restored. :P

I didn't even think of looking at the thread in the forums rather than just the news story...

However, I'm glad that the link is now in the News Story so that other people will be able to find the pictures. Thanks, News Gang!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Could it be a way to get into an alternate face like MP Screamer?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby NightFall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:43 pm

Kronos wrote:By the way, if any of you are worried about customs, Spencer from AgesThreeAndUp.com is shipping UNMODDED MP-05's in the U.S.

The way he does this is enter the US with the packages and ship them from a U.S. Location via UPS. To quote Spencer from the forums:

The Megatron figures we will be shipping into the states also will not have the orange cap on them. I bring over all mail personally and ship from a US address so these don't leave my hands until they are shipped by UPS. I don't think there is anything to fear with these.

Hope that helps.

Spencer.

So, if you're worried about customs, I think this is the way to go.

CapturePrey.com is from U.S. Kentucy and they are also shipping unmodded and so is RobotKingdom.com. So if they ship within the U.S, that means it's safe? I hope so. I hope both my orange tip and unmodded Megatron come in one piece.
NightFall
Headmaster Jr

Postby 009* » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
NightFall wrote:CapturePrey.com is from U.S. Kentucy and they are also shipping unmodded and so is RobotKingdom.com. So if they ship within the U.S, that means it's safe? I hope so. I hope both my orange tip and unmodded Megatron come in one piece.

Tipsytron should be okay, but I'd worry about the capless one.
009*
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10

Postby Kronos » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm

NightFall wrote:
Kronos wrote:By the way, if any of you are worried about customs, Spencer from AgesThreeAndUp.com is shipping UNMODDED MP-05's in the U.S.

The way he does this is enter the US with the packages and ship them from a U.S. Location via UPS. To quote Spencer from the forums:

The Megatron figures we will be shipping into the states also will not have the orange cap on them. I bring over all mail personally and ship from a US address so these don't leave my hands until they are shipped by UPS. I don't think there is anything to fear with these.

Hope that helps.

Spencer.

CapturePrey.com is from U.S. Kentucy and they are also shipping unmodded and so is RobotKingdom.com. So if they ship within the U.S, that means it's safe? I hope so. I hope both my orange tip and unmodded Megatron come in one piece.

Well, once they get inside the country, there's no customs to go through. Customs checks items coming into the US via any type of shipping. Once it's inside the continental US, UPS doesn't really check for anything like that.

I don't know how CapturePrey and RobotKingdom are getting them into the country, but I know how ATAU is getting it in. He's basically driving them across himself.
Kronos
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Stormrider » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 am

Wheeljack35 wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:

Ah crap another whole month trying to hold on to $100

That seems like a small allowance. Are you a student Wheeljack?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Stormrider » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:43 am

Flashwave wrote:Could it be a way to get into an alternate face like MP Screamer?

I think those pictures are just to show that Megatron's head and helmet are not going to be the same as G1 Granny Helmet. Takara has recently been getting into the habit of showcasing a little bit of the transformation in order to tease and tantalize use.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Collector Maximus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:56 am

Pics look oretty good, though if that is an alternate head I think it's unnecessary.

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 am

Kronos wrote:
NightFall wrote:

Hope that helps.

Spencer.

Well, once they get inside the country, there's no customs to go through. Customs checks items coming into the US via any type of shipping. Once it's inside the continental US, UPS doesn't really check for anything like that.

I don't know how CapturePrey and RobotKingdom are getting them into the country, but I know how ATAU is getting it in. He's basically driving them across himself.
In all honesty, I really think the best thing to do when trying to get a unmodded Megs is to *not* preorder one. That way, the stores will have them in stock, meaning they're already in the country, & therefore you don't have to worry about giving them your money & then find out your toy got confiscated.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210680 32RI (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAR220509 War's 4B (CA) Murphy"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM385 3A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON