This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Simon Furman Blog re: Uk Magazine

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Simon Furman Blog re: Uk Magazine

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Simon Furman has been very busy indeed! Updating his Blog once again, this time in reference to the UK Transformers Magazine, that is to be released on Thursday October 11th:

Movie Devastator comes under the spotlight in a new 10-page comic strip, written by me and drawn by Don. Is he as dumb as his G1 counterpart? Well, yes. But he’s also equally as brutal and destructive, and when he finds himself with no easy prey to crush, watch out! As always with these solo but interlinked stories, there are guest appearances aplenty from other characters from the new TF-movie. Plus, more strip, a profile for Blackout and a titanic, expanded head-to-head smackdown between Optimus Prime and Megatron! Oh, and free pin badges! What more could you ask for.

Also on Furman's Blog is a picture of the Magazine's Cover, so you know what to keep your eyes on the look out for.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Devestator? Don't you mean Brawl?

*giggle*
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Bass X0 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:27 pm

I really hope the exclusive strips created specifically for this publication gets printed in a trade paperback too. I bought the first issue but there wasn't enough oomph in it for me to keep buying it. I'm probably at fifteen years older than the comic was targeted for but I STILL enjoy reading the old Marvel U.K. comic which was also aimed at the same age range.

The magazine style format is typical of british kids comics these days from what i can see. There seems to be less focus on actual comic strips and more on free gifts, activities and other things. I don't go around buying kids comics of course but my two year old nephew sometimes gets some. I think I should get him the Beano or the Dandy sometime, just so I can see for myself how much they have fallen from grace.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I hear that, I'd love to read all the tidbits, fillers between the prequel comics, novel and the film itself that Simon has written, but I don't know if I could pick up this comic.

Maybe on ebay, but not in public.

*giggle*

/:)
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby skyshadowprimus » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:58 am

Bass X0 wrote:The magazine style format is typical of british kids comics these days from what i can see. There seems to be less focus on actual comic strips and more on free gifts, activities and other things. I don't go around buying kids comics of course but my two year old nephew sometimes gets some. I think I should get him the Beano or the Dandy sometime, just so I can see for myself how much they have fallen from grace.

In today's modern era t'is sadly true. Anything that can be copied and distributed for free on the internet is...videos, comics (scanned) music etc.

The only way the retailers and the companies behind it can counter this is with physical items that lure one to purchase the item which sadly detract away from the whole point of why a kid would buy a comic back in the glory days of the 80s and 90s.....for a bit of escapism not found with the internet and maybe a good story to boot (well thats my reason)

Can't help but wonder where kids comics actually aimed at kids will be in another 10-15 years time when the kids of today are our age?
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby darth reven » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

why do peole call him devastor?
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:00 am

sliverbrich wrote:why do peole call him devastor?

Because that's what he was called in the film's subtitles.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Optimus Frimal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 am

Aargh! Already gots me this issue, thar Forbidden Planet down in Southampton had it out for sale a whole week ago! Aargh! :grin:
http://optimusfrimal.deviantart.com/
http://beastera.webs.com/
Tangent wrote:I think he may just be slighlty confused at you two arguing over which FF7 guy is sexier...

Dealer wrote:Don't worry Frimal, you'll always be useless to me :P
Optimus Frimal
Headmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby lilcarus » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:46 pm

because that's his name...its official there is no changing it now, it is and always will be devastator 8)
lilcarus
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Because Bay thought it was cooler than Brawl.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Bumblethumper » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 pm

lilcarus wrote:

because that's his name...its official there is no changing it now, it is and always will be devastator 8)

Who says it's official? Hasbro has said Brawl was the official name, and Devastator is the mistake.

I'm still holding out hope that the real Devastator will make an appearance in one of the sequels.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby lilcarus » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:54 am

Bumblethumper wrote:
lilcarus wrote:

Who says it's official? Hasbro has said Brawl was the official name, and Devastator is the mistake.

I'm still holding out hope that the real Devastator will make an appearance in one of the sequels.

the world says it is official...its been the same name in every recorded item that deals with the actual movie...books,comics,film its already etched into the history books there is nothing that can change it...yall just need to except it for what it is..... i.e. the truth :shock:
lilcarus
Minibot

Postby Bass X0 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:01 am

In the recent past, the only way Hasbro could use the name Devastator on the packaging is to call him "Constructicon Devastator". The movie Devastator is not a Constructicon so maybe the name change stems from that. He'll always be Brawl to me though.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCAVENGER + ROLLBAR Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2002 231209A"
NEW!
SCAVENGER + ROLLBA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
NEW!
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
NEW!
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNARL Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d43j key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
NEW!
SNARL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor 230805A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
NEW!
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAKEDOWN Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s5f3 2005 231102A"
NEW!
BRAKEDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON