This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Spielberg: "Story TF2 To Be Finalized In a Couple Of Weeks!"

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Spielberg: "Story TF2 To Be Finalized In a Couple Of Weeks!"

Postby Raymond T. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Slash Film was at the set of the new Indiana Jones movie, which stars Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf, who is best known for playing Sam Witwicky in the latest Transformers movie.

While on the set, the reporters from the movie site got the chance to talk to director/producer Steven Spielberg. While their article is mostly about the fourth Indiana Jones movie, Steven Spielberg dropped a snippet surrounding the sequel to the record-breaking Michael Bay Transformers movie. The following is taken directly from the article.

"The "story" for Transformers 2 will be finalized in a couple weeks, and if the writers guild strike doesn't happen in November, they will be able to go into production on "number 2" pretty quickly".
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Skice » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:26 pm

Motto: "I seem to have come down with a case of Scott Mcneil..."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Dinobots, please let it have the Dinobots

coming soon "The Electric Information Show" a new podcast from the guy who brought you the Twincast.

Skice: the voice of War Within Scrapper, Scramble City 2 Hot Rod, and War Within Megatron!
Skice
Podcast Host
News Credits: 21
Buy from Skice on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow, 30 days to a couple weeks in a matter of seconds.

These guys are fast!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Toyotus Superion » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Motto: "Being illegal doesnt make something wrong."
Tidal Wave! Please!
Toyotus Superion
Headmaster Jr

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
*Does the Dinobot pray dance*
Grimlock, the people demand Grimlock!

And let them survive till TF 3...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Skowl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Arcee, Grimlock, Tidal Wave, Soundwave, A Decepticon Combiner that isn't Devestator :PRAY:

It would be cool if they would open a forum or something on the movie site to let fans voice their opinion on the next movie's robot cast. We've been vocal, sure, but not very organised. I doubt the movie people are going to read through the thousands of "who do you want in TF2" threads out there...
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Raymond T. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Autobot420 wrote:Dinobots, please let it have the Dinobots
Seconded! 8)
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:41 pm

I think the Dinobots are a dumb idea. The general audience wont grasp the concept of robot dinosaurs, since the whole focus of the first movie was mechanical devices turning into robots. My guess is more robots, more mayhem
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Seeing how many rewrites and edits that the first movie got (remember the Transformers lines were not locked in stone till the very last minute), the script that is pumped out by November will be very different to what the final script is.

Wonder if D Murphy's hissy fit was because that fanfic hit close to the mark on some previously discussed ideas...
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
This film is either going to a rushed disaster, or has been planned since (before) the first movie wrapped.

As always let us pray (to me) that it is the latta...

Er latter!

*giggle*

Shalom!
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Psychout » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
A decent story and megan fox naked :PRAY:
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Skowl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Blitzwing the warrior wrote:I think the Dinobots are a dumb idea. The general audience wont grasp the concept of robot dinosaurs, since the whole focus of the first movie was mechanical devices turning into robots. My guess is more robots, more mayhem

I think if you talk with alot of fans, most want the "Dinobots" without them actually being dinosaurs.

Even then, I think most fans would be happy with (or in my case, would prefer) just having Grimlock, and he could be a vehicle just like everyone else. He pulled off his mustang-mode in the Alternator line, no reason he can't pass of as an armor car or some other large, powerful vehicle. For me, the other Dinobots weren't as interesting, and were just carbon copies of the same basic character.

That's really quick for a script though, hope it's good!
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby General Magnus » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Tidalwave, Tidalwave , Tidalwave. wave wave wave....
General Magnus
Pretender

Postby korean-ironhide » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:02 pm

Put in Wheeljack, soundwave, sideswipe, skyfire, and thundercracker!
korean-ironhide
Mini-Con

Postby vulgar_wraith » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Skowl wrote:
Blitzwing the warrior wrote:I think the Dinobots are a dumb idea. The general audience wont grasp the concept of robot dinosaurs, since the whole focus of the first movie was mechanical devices turning into robots. My guess is more robots, more mayhem

I think if you talk with alot of fans, most want the "Dinobots" without them actually being dinosaurs.

Even then, I think most fans would be happy with (or in my case, would prefer) just having Grimlock, and he could be a vehicle just like everyone else. He pulled off his mustang-mode in the Alternator line, no reason he can't pass of as an armor car or some other large, powerful vehicle. For me, the other Dinobots weren't as interesting, and were just carbon copies of the same basic character.

I think Grimlock should be sufficient for now but think a dinosaur would still be good but one more like Dinobot frombeast wars.Real looking on the outside and more mechanical in robot form.
vulgar_wraith
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Judge Deliberata » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Motto: "Innocent!"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Soundwave and Shockwave, dagnabbit!
"Innocent."
Judge Deliberata
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby BlurPrime » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:06 pm

wow
BlurPrime
Micromaster

Postby Dark_Lord_Prime » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:09 pm

If the story/script is finalized, what difference does the writer's guild strike have on beginning production?

As to characters.. Wheeljack and the brothers (Swipe and Streaker) would be good, as would Dinobots/Grimlock (the "basic concept" of the first movie was robots turning into alternate forms. Whether this be cars/jets/miscellaneous mechanical or electronic items/robot dinosaurs or animals/etc makes no difference.) and Soundwave or Shockwave.
Dark_Lord_Prime
Mini-Con

Postby stellforest » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:15 pm

is that a good thing or a bad thing i dont no?
stellforest
Mini-Con

Postby optimusprime197532 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:18 pm

i say put in trailbreaker or huffer
optimusprime197532
Mini-Con

Postby General Magnus » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Deluxe Stokcade would do a good Trailbreaker.
General Magnus
Pretender

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Dinobots & Soundwave. That's all I ask. And that Soundwave doesn't pull a Megatron in terms of face........
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Kimmer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 pm

first of all, it seems rushed. secondly, everyone's saying, "i want him", i hope he's in it", and i hope they put so and so in it". we're going to get the same crap we got in the first one. probably even less of a plot(which is almost impossible), just horrible writing, corny ass jokes/comedic sequences that are totally unnecessary, and no time for the bots. oh and of course bay and his terrible directing skills. plus it doesn't matter what characters end up in it cause they're gonna get the bayformer makeover and look pathetic anyway.
Last edited by Kimmer on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmer
Combiner

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
"Hollywood: taking your cash & pushing 'em out faster than horny teenagers!"
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Skowl wrote:I think if you talk with alot of fans, most want the "Dinobots" without them actually being dinosaurs.

Yeah thats a good point, I really loved War Within Grimlock and his "Lightning Strike Coalition". His tank mode was awesome, and they gave him intelligence, just a messed up voice unit that made him say things like "Me" before every sentence

They might go the RiD route since alot of the Contruction team had Dinobot names
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BROCK HEAD Transformers BotBots Series 2 Greaser Gang 2019 broccoli veggie pizza"
BROCK HEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POP-O THE CLOWN Transformers BotBots Series 3 Playroom Posse jack-in-box 2019"
POP-O THE CLOWN Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WADDLEPOP Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Penguin"
WADDLEPOP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLD PUNCH Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle boxing glove"
GOLD PUNCH Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PAPA CLICK Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades camera 2019 Hasbro"
PAPA CLICK Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUFFLOON Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors foil party balloon 2020"
BUFFLOON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE GREAT MUMBO BUMBLO Transformers BotBots Series 4 Magic Tricksters hat 2020"
THE GREAT MUMBO BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRIB WATCH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groupies baby monitor 2019"
CRIB WATCH Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE CORN CRUSADER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos purple corn 2020"
THE CORN CRUSADER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 DROPKICK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New"
Series 4 DROPKICK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE COBBLER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020 corn on cob"
THE COBBLER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POO SHAM Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 Hasbro"
POO SHAM Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON